BarrileteCosmico
The Franchise
Mr Nick09
dmize
Amar
22 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 3 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by Le Samourai Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:17 pm

For some reason he just strikes me as that Carmelo type.He has elite defensive potential with his length and strength and well good quickness.

Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 3 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:22 pm

Le Samourai wrote:@Dani.

I know lol.

I disagree on the quickness thing though, I think he has more than enough lateral quickness to defend the 3.

His defensive ceiling from the looks of it...is very high...but like Carmelo he just doesn't bother...I don't really pick on that too much though...for years people have been sprouting all kinds of defensive praise for Kobe when in reality he only really gives any sort of effort for 10-12 minutes of most games.

Needs a post move or two , needs to learn to take contact, I can't help but thinking if he had a slightly different mentality he'd be similar to someone...like say Melo.

I'll be watching Minesota to see how he does without Love essentially becoming a first option (hopefully).

Well, offensively he can play the position fine and has the quickness for it. But defensively, I dont see the quickness. Its hard to tell because he doesnt try enough, but I dont think he has it tbh.

And as for lack of effort. If your Kobe and your needed to score 30ppg and be the main focus of the offence, you can allow for some lack of effort in certain areas. But Beasely has even worse effort with not even half the offensive responsibility.

I dont think he has the personality for the physical stuff, I remember seeing him in workouts and he was saying how he doesnt want to dunk, he like finesse. This kind of sillyness is the problem.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:24 pm

Defense is like 80% effort, 20% talent anyway..nearly everyone can improve defensively under the right system if they put in the effort..but if you dont bother, you wont be good.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:31 pm

I actually like that attitude somewhat.That is as long as you understand that you need to develop that physical game first before you allow your finesse game to flourish.

He'll be first option for a couple weeks , it'll be interesting to see how he handles it.

What do you mean quickness BTW.....recovery quckness or lateral quickness.I mean I don't think he's gonna be chasing anyone off screens effectively any time soon, but I think he can do a good job just keeping guys in front him, locking other SF's out of the post and contesting with his length.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:16 pm

Nah man, it depends on the player. It is telling me indirectly he doesnt finish strong around the basket.

Dunking is underrated really. Guys who love laying it in when they can slam it home run the risk of a miss.

Why will he be first option? Whats wrong with Love? Even so, I would rather Rubio create and everyone else move off the ball. Forget this iso garbage, it dont work unless your elite..ala Kobe, Wade, Bron ect. When I see relative garbage like Beasley slowing down the offence and stopping the ball to take a contested jumper it makes my blood boil.

Quickness? As in moving laterally, not getting up and down the court. 1 v 1 he doesnt get beat off the dribble a ton, thats because he will give you an open jumper by not putting his hand up and by backing off you. Around screens, no doubt he gets ripped.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:36 pm

Rib contusions.I doubt he's gonna be an effective inside presence with those....he'll get hammered....

I honestly just want Rubio to get it to him man off so he can penetrate and collapse opposing defences.....then and only then will his outside game be effective.Not neccesarily iso...but weak side penetration and ball movement.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:44 am

OKC vs Orlando what a game and what ending. :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:38 pm

This is BS ....Odom in the D leauge FFs....what utter nonsense.Get him back ffs.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:02 am

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 3 Kobe-Magneto

:bow:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:47 am

Le Samourai wrote:This is BS ....Odom in the D leauge FFs....what utter nonsense.Get him back ffs.

No way, when did this happen lol. :facepalm:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:57 am

LeBron passing up the final shot and prob costing his team the game.

Again my point is proven lol

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:59 am

The Masked Mamba is on fire ... Laughing

Odom belongs to the D-League as long as he lets his personal emotions get into his game because he is terrible right now ....
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:14 pm

Kobe is playing well.............I still think he needs help.

The main difference between us and OKC,Miami and Chicago....is that tit seems like we have to go out there and win games, while they have to go out there and lose them.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:49 am

Importance of space in NBA analysis
MIT SLOAN SPORTS ANALYTICS CONFERENCE

BOSTON — Twenty-seven NBA teams are represented at the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference, easily a record and the latest evidence that your team has fallen behind if it isn’t at least tinkering with advanced stats, data plotting, visual tracking, cutting-edge models to deconstruct the impact of fatigue on a player, and much, much more.

Visual tracking is among the most intriguing of such technologies. Ten of the league’s 30 teams have fully invested in a high-tech multicamera system, created by STATS LLC, that allows them to track every movement on the court — of players, ball and officials — in precise ways.

Analyzing space in a sophisticated way is one of the next crucial areas of NBA statistical development. Basketball is a spatial game in ways you don’t easily notice unless you re-watch film. Shooters create openings for teammates just by standing on the court. Non-shooters close those openings, but the smart ones, such as Shawn Marion, figure out how to use the space that defenders give them to create other openings that didn’t exist before.

Defenders who operate well — and in unison with their teammates — in open space can close gaps that inferior defenders don’t anticipate. Watch the way Nick Collison, for instance, slides off his man at the elbow to close off passing or cutting lanes before they come open. Or watch how the Dirk Nowitzki, an allegedly weak defender, slides just a few feet up from the baseline to help cut off a driving lane without moving too far so as to be unable to recover to his original position in time.

Quantifying stuff like this is very difficult, and it involves a huge combination of manpower and tech power. But teams that do it sooner — and more thoroughly — will learn interesting things.

All of this brings me to a research paper presented Friday that seeks to find the league’s best shooter. Harvard professor Kirk Goldsberry did this first and foremost by trying to quantify space. He took the section of the court from which about 98 percent of field goals are attempted — roughly a few feet behind the three-point line and in — and divided it into 1,284 squares, each comprising exactly 1 square foot. He then examined all field-goal attempts from the 2005-06 season through the 2010-11 season, placed each one of the 700,000 qualifying shots within one of those 1,284 squares and went about asking two questions:

1. Who has attempted at least one shot from the greatest number of squares? In other words: Who is confident he can score from basically everywhere?

2. Who can actually score efficiently from the largest number of those areas? For this question, Goldsberry crunched the numbers to find every square from which a shooter averaged at least one point per shot attempt over those six seasons. He used points per attempt rather than raw shooting percentage to properly account for the higher degree of difficulty — and the higher point value — of three-point shots.

The answers are both surprising and unsurprising. The player who has attempted at least one shot from the greatest number of those 1,284 squares? Kobe Bryant, who has jacked shots from 1,071 of them, better than 83 percent. (The empty squares, Goldsberry tells me, come from along the baseline behind the backboard and along the sideline where the three-point arc turns from a straight line into a proper arc. Kobe has obviously taken shots from near the latter areas, and if you used two-by-two squares, Golberry says it’s possible Kobe has the entire court covered).

Dwight Howard, not surprisingly, has attempted shots from only about one quarter of those squares. The rest of the top 10 after Bryant consists of eight wing players with range and one power forward. The wing players, in order from top to bottom: LeBron James, Vince Carter, Joe Johnson, Rudy Gay, Andre Iguodala, Ray Allen, Kevin Durant and Danny Granger.

The outlier? Cleveland’s Antawn Jamison, who has attempted shots from more squares than all but five of the above players. It makes sense, when you think about his combination of three-point range and awkward flip shots.

But does Jamison actually shoot efficiently from a lot of those places? Does he hit the one-point-per-attempt minimum that Goldsberry used to find the players who shoot most effectively from the most squares?

The league’s top shooter, by this second measure, is Steve Nash. The Suns’ point guard hit the one-point-per-attempt minimum from 406 of 1,284 squares, or 31.6 percent, during this six-season span. Allen is next, with 386 qualifying squares, followed by Bryant at 383. Bryant’s presence here is a reminder that despite his occasional selfishness and questionable shot selection, he remains a prodigious and varied scorer the likes of which we rarely see.

Three names appear on this efficiency top 10 that did not appear in the shot distribution top 10: Paul Pierce, Nowitzki and Rashard Lewis. The first two are not surprising. Pierce and Nowitzki are fantastic shooters, and Pierce has gotten more efficient from three-point range since the Celtics surrounded him with All-Star teammates in Kevin Garnett, Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo.

But Lewis? If you watched him in Orlando regularly, you saw that he was a bit more than a spot-up three-point gunner even in a system that essentially asked him to be a spot-up three-point gunner. He has a nifty post game that he can use against smaller players, and he loves to work with his back to the basket from the left baseline. Still, Lewis’ appearance in the No. 5 slot on this list is surprising, even if the database includes his last two seasons in Seattle, where he worked as a more traditional all-around scorer.

Also a mild surprise: Gay, checking in at No. 9. Read a piece of data like this, and you can see why Memphis has real hope that the 25-year-old forward can emerge as a legitimate scoring star.

Again, this paper is just the tip of what is being discussed here in terms of space and basketball. Another paper looks at hundreds of thousands of rebounds to see where they go, who snares them and how high the ball is off the floor when someone finally grabs it. One little nugget from that paper: It appears the conventional wisdom that corner three-point attempts are more likely to rebound over the opposite side of the rim is incorrect. Corner threes have a seemingly random rebound distribution, like any other three-point shot.

Another tidbit: Mid-range shots are least likely among all shot attempts to result in an offensive rebound. That makes some intuitive sense. Shots taken near the rim tend to fall close by, where lots of big men, including the original shooter, can pursue them. And three-point shots, with the speed they gain in the air, really do seem to result in longer rebounds that offensive players are more likely to get. But the decline in offensive rebounding rate for mid-range shots is larger than we’d expect, a conclusion that could lead a coach to minimize such attempts even more.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:40 am

Jamison.......guy is a beast......he just has a feel for the rim that's unmistakable

When is this article from? It talks about Lewis in Orlando........I'm assuming it's from last year.....because Kobe's scoring has been quite concentrated this year.......it's pretty much all been mid-range , low post or getting to the rim.

I'm suprised at the last part, because I know Shaq used to gobble those up but I guess you know...it's Shaq.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:44 am

Kevin Love........42,10 and 4 fantastic performance.I guess I was wrong about the rib contusions.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:43 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Jamison.......guy is a beast......he just has a feel for the rim that's unmistakable

When is this article from? It talks about Lewis in Orlando........I'm assuming it's from last year.....because Kobe's scoring has been quite concentrated this year.......it's pretty much all been mid-range , low post or getting to the rim.

I'm suprised at the last part, because I know Shaq used to gobble those up but I guess you know...it's Shaq.

Talking about Lewis in the past tense, this article is from this week.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:26 pm

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 3 Krsthe official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 3 Krs @ Rondo's statline today. Absolutely destroyed Lin, 18 points, 20 assists, 17 rebounds.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:53 pm

Kobe going off.

Gasol allowing Bron to take him out of post position and not let him get catches :facepalm:
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:58 pm

The Franchise wrote:Kobe going off.

Gasol allowing Bron to take him out of post position and not let him get catches :facepalm:

Well both Pau and LeBron weigh 250 lb's ... so I'm not surprised ... Pau is soft as they come .
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:26 pm

dmize wrote:the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 3 Krsthe official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 3 Krs @ Rondo's statline today. Absolutely destroyed Lin, 18 points, 20 assists, 17 rebounds.

Shocked

17 rebouds..... affraid
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:31 pm

Artest playing godly.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:33 pm

Match of the season so far .....Gasol acting like a Man.....I love it
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:54 pm

Wade fouls out for the first time in 7 years

:bow:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:01 pm

Kobe with authority :bow:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:02 pm

Kobe is a boss.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next