BarrileteCosmico
The Franchise
Mr Nick09
dmize
Amar
22 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 40 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:26 pm

Le Samourai wrote:A Rose less Chicago are a buch of above average decent players.

Not better on individual talent than any of the other 8 playoff contenders.
You're right. But you know who their MVP is? Its not Derrick Rose. Its Coach Thibodeau. How else did they have the best record without the so-called MVP? Rose is talented, no doubt. But people make it look like without him, they'll be a useless team.

They're certainly not going to win a championship without him, but they're good enough to have the best record in the league without him, as they have shown you.

Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread - Page 40 Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by Le Samourai Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:30 pm

Without him , they don;t make it out of the 1st round.

NYK would trounce them.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:30 pm

Le Samourai wrote:It's bout that time again.

Should Noah be considered for DPOY?

Ty Chandler adds a lot , no taking anything away from him, but Noah is the defensive leader of the best defensive team in the league and he keeps everyone on their toes just like Chandler.

Don't think Noah gets the credit he deserves to be honest.

No one has even mentioned him.

For me no. I agree he deserves credit and doesnt get enough but I get the feeling they wouldnt be much worse at all if you put Asik in for Noah.

Chandler is more important, as is Ibaka.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:33 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Without him , they don;t make it out of the 1st round.

NYK would trounce them.
Well good thing NYK isn't playing them, innit?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:38 pm

Yeah, I agree that the NBA should still allow H.S. kids to go directly to the NBA. It does hurt colleges, but only the elite of the elite should be going directly to the NBA draft. It got the point where every top HS player thought they were top 10 pick material.

It's different though for every situation and player, but I think they should allow the option again.

Although I wish they had the rule they had now when Bynum committed to Connecticut. That 06 team with Bynum Shocked
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:45 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:It's bout that time again.

Should Noah be considered for DPOY?

Ty Chandler adds a lot , no taking anything away from him, but Noah is the defensive leader of the best defensive team in the league and he keeps everyone on their toes just like Chandler.

Don't think Noah gets the credit he deserves to be honest.

No one has even mentioned him.

For me no. I agree he deserves credit and doesnt get enough but I get the feeling they wouldnt be much worse at all if you put Asik in for Noah.

Chandler is more important, as is Ibaka.

You think Noah wouldn't have an equal or even greater impact for NYK? I do actually....he's the kind of guy that can completely change a teams approach.Unfortunately he dosen't need to in Chicago lol.

Impact is hard to measure , I think KG got so much credit for the Celtics defense and changing their approach, and Thibs was there and they had great defenders just like Chicago.

I'm a bit of a fanboy ever since the great Celts=Bulls first round series back when Gordon was there.

Asik is a pretty good center as well, he could definitely be a starter for 1/2 the teams in the league.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:46 pm

And also now instead of going directly to the NBA the top 2-3 players in their classes just go to UK. Yeah, nothing shady is going on there. Calipari just has the biggest booster in college basketball in World Wide Wes(yet for some reason no one will investigate this, the mans had 2 FFs vacated smh). The guy(World Wide Wes) is essentially an agent who helps Calipari get whatever players he wants every year. Obviously they're getting paid. So yes I'd love if they deaded the 1 and done rule.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:57 pm

I've read up on World Wide Wes and that dude has incredible influence in the NBA through his deep connections.

Totally inexperienced for the job but, imagine if Portland got him as their next GM hmm
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:01 pm

[quote="Le Samourai"]
The Franchise wrote:

You think Noah wouldn't have an equal or even greater impact for NYK? I do actually....he's the kind of guy that can completely change a teams approach.Unfortunately he dosen't need to in Chicago lol.

Impact is hard to measure , I think KG got so much credit for the Celtics defense and changing their approach, and Thibs was there and they had great defenders just like Chicago.

I'm a bit of a fanboy ever since the great Celts=Bulls first round series back when Gordon was there.

Asik is a pretty good center as well, he could definitely be a starter for 1/2 the teams in the league.

Good point, maybe Noah would tbh. That being said, we cant go by what they might do, but rather what they did do.

Its hard to say.

But right now, my pick is probably Chandler followed by Ibaka and Iggy.

Last edited by The Franchise on Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:01 pm

Yeah he's got connections all over the NBA.

Good article if anyone wants to read more: http://www.gq.com/sports/profiles/200706/william-wesley-worldwide-wes-nba-basketball

Edit: Another article, talking about how his influence was supposed to be limited after new rules banning agents and boosters, obviously didnt do much: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/02/sports/ncaabasketball/02wes.html?ref=sports

Also LeBron James the big Ohio State fan mysteriously switched up about 3 years ago and now tells high school kids they should go to UK. Yeah his ties to WWW had nothing to do with that. Or maybe it was when Calipari hired one of LeBrons friends for his staff, lol. It's so sketchy it's unbelievable
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:20 pm

Barrettinator wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:A Rose less Chicago are a buch of above average decent players.

You're right. But you know who their MVP is? Its not Derrick Rose. Its Coach Thibodeau. How else did they have the best record without the so-called MVP? Rose is talented, no doubt. But people make it look like without him, they'll be a useless team.

They're certainly not going to win a championship without him, but they're good enough to have the best record in the league without him, as they have shown you.

Serious ? Deng is the best SF in the league after Durant and Lebron.
They had like a 13 game win streak without DRose so I don't know how either of you can say that.

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:40 pm

I Have Mono wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:

They had like a 13 game win streak without DRose so I don't know how either of you can say that.
Wrong. Carmelo Anthony is still in the league. Granger can make a case two. Deng is at the very least a top 10 SF though.

That being said, you're only further stressing my point.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:13 am

Does anyone else hate for Rick Kamla?

Guy can't say a player's name without instantly citing his stats , I'm willing to bet in his mind Kevin Love is a better scorer than Melo.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:39 am

Barrettinator wrote:
I Have Mono wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:

Wrong. Carmelo Anthony is still in the league. Granger can make a case two. Deng is at the very least a top 10 SF though.

That being said, you're only further stressing my point.

I rate Deng at 3 because he's a lock down Wing Defender and averages 15 ppg. I'd take him over Carmelo any day of the weak who offers no defense whatsoever. It's like playing 4v5 defense if Carmelo's on your team.

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:47 am

Nobody who watched the 09 conference finals will ever in a million years take Deng over Melo.

People talk about Melo like he plain can't defend , that isn't the case.Kobe defends for a couple minutes here and there in regular season games and he's on the all-defensive team.

lol

Like Durant is a better defender lol.

You might as well go ahead and take Taj Gibson over Dirk.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:00 am

Deng has improved a lot since then and made his first All Star roster this year. Durant defends better than Carmelo and is a better scorer. I wouldve gone Lebron,Durant,Deng,Carmelo except I dislike Lebron so I rate Durant higher.
Right now in terms of two way SFs Lebron is the best followed by Deng.

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:41 am

I Have Mono wrote:Deng has improved a lot since then and made his first All Star roster this year. Durant defends better than Carmelo and is a better scorer. I wouldve gone Lebron,Durant,Deng,Carmelo except I dislike Lebron so I rate Durant higher.
Right now in terms of two way SFs Lebron is the best followed by Deng.

:facepalm:

-------

https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=20294
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40