BarrileteCosmico
The Franchise
Mr Nick09
dmize
Amar
22 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by Guest Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:01 pm

The Franchise wrote:Painful....awful....utterly lame....

The two balls from a chair was a nice starter dunk, degree of difficulty.

The 360 of the side of the backboard was good, but there was no emotion or authority in the dunk..slam it was some damn force.

The 360 reverse windmill was good, but turning the lights of made it lame. Still, compare that one to Vinces and you can see the obvious differences.

3 point contest had a very good first round.

Because it's a great idea to turn out the lights and not let most people see your good dunk :facepalm:

I could tell it was a nice dunk, but the lack of lights really ruined it for me (seems it's not even about the actual dunks anymore). What happened to throwing it down with authority and passion?

While Vince did spoil us after his appearance, we still had the likes of Jason Richardson and Desmond Mason who managed to impress me (I'm sure I forgot a few others).

Back to top Go down

the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread Empty Re: the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread

Post by Amar Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:47 pm

I agree, its not about the actual dunks anymore.

Its a prop show, and the person who has the fanciest items usually wins.

It all started with Dwight Howard doing that lame Superman nonsense, and now we see motorcycles, glow in the dark jerseys, and other total useless shit when its supposed to be just about ability to throw the ball down.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:11 pm

Meh, was just a couple good dunks, mainly that Jeremy Evans one.

I honestly think UConns college dunk contest was better, not even kidding.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:49 pm

Lakers looking to add the Sheed, Felton and Beasley?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:50 pm

I seen tons of better dunk contests, no joke I seen a UK dunk contest better than that crap.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:51 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Lakers looking to add the Sheed, Felton and Beasley?

I dont see how they going to do that and keep Gasol.

And if they lost Gasol, they going to play McRob, Murphy, Artest and Sheed at the 4? Worst powerforward rotation outside of the Nets lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:13 pm

The Franchise wrote:I seen tons of better dunk contests, no joke I seen a UK dunk contest better than that crap.

At least those guys are professional. I'm sure you're probably talking about the one with Guy Dupuy, but he's one of the best dunkers in the world. For a college team to be better than the NBA's dunk contest is just sad.

They should have a rule where there's no props for at least 1 round.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:36 pm

Yeah, real talk lol

Yeah, Dupuy. Mad dude.

In other news, I keep reading ONeal and Rondo for Gasol.....terrible idea for both teams lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:08 am

^There's only a handful of players I would trade Rondo for and Gasol isn't one of them. Maybe if he was 4 years younger.

Read this today:
"@MisterRudolph
Magic Rumor: I was told by multiple sources that Otis Smith will "aggressively" pursue Steve Nash before the trade deadline."

Dwight still wouldn't stay, lol.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:22 am

They showed Lil Wayne on the ASG pre-show, lmao. I thought he was supposed to be sober but apparently not. Dude was out of his mind messed up Laughing

And wtf at Steve Nash's haircut lolol

Kenny clowning LeBron for saying he wishes he could play everyday with some of the guys in the locker room. C'mon you already play with Wade and Bosh ffs

Last edited by dmize on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:41 am; edited 3 times in total
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:24 am

I gotta go with the East in this. You know LeBron is gunna be gunnin' hard for that MVP award but I think it'll be Wade for some reason.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:57 am

Hey guys I need some tips on how to play better. I haven't played in over 6 years, but I signed up to intramurals in college with a team and so far I'm useless lol.

I'm predominantly used as a substitute for the team's Center, I was given this role based entirely on my height and nothing else lol. It doesn't help that I'm blind in one eye so my sight-range is limited, I actually have to wear protective glasses which has earned me the nickname Edgar Davids.

In the 2 games I've played I've gotten very little rebounds and scored maybe thrice. I think my problem is that I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing (ie: how I'm supposed to move, where I should position myself, etc). Can you guys provide me with some videos that could help me out or give me some tips?

Thanks in advance.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:45 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Hey guys I need some tips on how to play better. I haven't played in over 6 years, but I signed up to intramurals in college with a team and so far I'm useless lol.

I'm predominantly used as a substitute for the team's Center, I was given this role based entirely on my height and nothing else lol. It doesn't help that I'm blind in one eye so my sight-range is limited, I actually have to wear protective glasses which has earned me the nickname Edgar Davids.

In the 2 games I've played I've gotten very little rebounds and scored maybe thrice. I think my problem is that I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing (ie: how I'm supposed to move, where I should position myself, etc). Can you guys provide me with some videos that could help me out or give me some tips?

Thanks in advance.

If you're going to be playing center(how tall are you?), you should focus on rebounding/defense first. If you rebound well, offense will come off of that. Positioning, on defense, depends on if you play man defense(each player guards another individual on the other team, usually size wise), or zone defense(like the 2-3, 2 guards at the top, forwards on the wings, with you, the center under the hoop guarding it). As a center you should always play near the basket, unless your matchup has proven he can shoot from outside. Always stay in the defensive position too, which is hands up, legs spread so you can easily shuffle horizontally at any time.

Rebounding's all about timing, boxing out and effort. Knowing where shots will bounce off the rim helps a lot as well. Like if it's a long 3-pointer, the rebound will most likely be long as well. It's good to have a height advantage, but it helps more if you have some sort of lower body strength when boxing out. Lower your center of gravity and you will be harder to move and can control an area much better, then it's about timing it right. It also helps if you are a quick leaper.

Saw this from Kevin Love earlier this month:
1. "The will to win. It's not only about basketball. It's also the will to go after the ball. You have no friends out there on the court, so you have to go after it."

2. "Positioning. I've always said 80 percent of the rebounds are below the rim. That's what it's all about: positioning."

3. "Assume everything is a miss."

Basically you gotta want the ball more than opponent. Look up rebounding drills online you can do. Or even just have someone shoot around and work on the timing aspect of your leap.

As far as offense, use the glass as much as possible. Even if you don't have the best touch down low, you should able to score on putbacks and stuff like that by using the box on the backboard. If you get an offensive rebound, don't bring the ball down where smaller players can strip you, keep it up high and go right back up with it. Even after defensive rebounds keep the ball high until the opposition clears. If you have a good height or strength advantage, you can probably score just by getting good position on offense. Try to get as close to the hoop as possible and hold off your defender with your body, with a good pass it's a layup. Eventually I would watch NBA centers and try to emulate some of their offensive moves when they have their backs to the basket but for now I would start with rebounding/defense. Also work on your free throws, players that play close to the basket tend to get fouled more, especially big guys. If you can shoot the free throw well, eventually you can step out and shoot that jumper, adding another dimension to your game.

Watch great centers like Alonzo Mourning, Dikembe Mutombo, Patrick Ewing, David Robinson, etc and see how they play, or great rebounders like Dennis Rodman. Also look up drills you can do that involve rebounding. Most importantly keep playing, you learn more every game just by playing.

That was mostly off the top of my head except for the Kevin Love part, but if you have other questions let me know

Last edited by dmize on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:27 am

Didn't even bother to watch the dunk contest knew it was going to be lame when I saw the contestants.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:21 am

Durant to get MVP? cheers :bball: :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:24 am

Even when Lebron tries in the 4th quarter he ends up losing Razz

i thought he could go for it 1vs1 against kobe to win it, he passed it instead , lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:29 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Even when Lebron tries in the 4th quarter he ends up losing Razz

i thought he could go for it 1vs1 against kobe to win it, he passed it instead , lol

To be fair he also scored about 20 in the 2nd half or the game wouldn't have even been that close to begin with..
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:38 am

Great Allstar game.. Loved these past 2, the East keeps getting it early though.. They need to come out with more intensity

LeBron messed up at the end but Wade bobbling it was worse, they could have taken the lead with that
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Aensensen Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:51 pm

Swagg_Johnson wrote:Great Allstar game.. Loved these past 2, the East keeps getting it early though.. They need to come out with more intensity

LeBron messed up at the end but Wade bobbling it was worse, they could have taken the lead with that
Yep, If Wade didn't fail to recieve that awesome pass from Lebron it would have easily been East win.

Wade the scapegoat, defo the official Dwayne Wade >>> you thread 2276801876
Aensensen
Aensensen
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:52 pm

Good game, nice to see some effort albeit I still get annoyed when its a fast break 1 v 1 and centers like Gasol just allow guys to get to the basket. I would love to see someone get dunked on like I used to see.

But yeah, Kobe jumper on automatic and what can I say about KD...kid is an animal...best scorer in the NBA and a upgrade defensively away from the best player outright.

Westbrook did his thing too, some power dunks...notice it was all scoring though, the boy isnt a point guard.

Some lovely dishes from CP3 and Nash in limited minutes, I really love Nash... fundamentally sound with amazing flash still. I wonder what happened to Bynum..he didnt play much..he blocked Howard, missed some easy chippies and didnt see him again lol

Dirk and Love stroking from deep.

East was more sloppy and missed more easy shots. Wade got a triple double but barely saw him lol Lebron threw done some powerful dunks and made some incredible shots..but of course he would ruin it at the end with a play in the clutch lol

I was dissapointed in Rose..but I dont think that was cooincidence seeing as who the coach was.

Did anyone see Kobe and I think Paul Pierce sort of get into it? Maybe I misread the situation, but it seemed they had a little beef.

Paul shouting stuff from the bench and Kobe shouting something back.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:09 pm

Bynum had his periodical knee injection to lubricate his joints so he could only play 3 minutes.

Kobe was getting in Lebron's face at the end, taunting him to go for it himself, but Lebron kept passing and ended up causing a turnover.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:54 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Hey guys I need some tips on how to play better. I haven't played in over 6 years, but I signed up to intramurals in college with a team and so far I'm useless lol.

Thanks in advance.

Inside game..I love it..despite being a point guard I was made for it lol

Already been covered mostly, so not much to add. What I will say is.

Set screens for teammates. Even if your having a bad game, this you can do well all the time. Run on over to someone on your team who you know can shoot well or can drive to the basket and set a pick on his man to free him up. I assume you know how to screen, but just to be sure, set ur feet, keep the arms down or across your body and dont move. Its the responsibility of your teammates to use the screen properly by going close to it, dont move for him because you likely will get called for it. Set a screen for a man without the ball, then set another for someone else, dont be afraid to set multiple screens because it will cause the defence confusion.

To get some scores out of screens, there are two ways. When screening for the ballhandler, you can either roll to the rim or pop out for a jumper. The roll to the rim is easier for opponants to gaurd but your getting a higher % shot. If you pop out for the jumper, you very likely will be free. But you have to be able to shoot it from that distance or its pointless.

Look here and watch how the screen is set and then how he moves either to the rim or to a shooting position.

Notice the use of the space, when to make your dive to the rim or pop out. Read what the defence is doing. If you set a screen and the other center follows you, usually after the screen the follow the point guard for a moment, that is when you dive hard to the basket.

In terms of defensive rebounding, dmize has summed it up perfectly. I was a point guard but I used to grab a ton of rebounds on the inside and played alot. The number one key is your ass. As soon as the shot goes up, dont just run towards the ball because then you have to get into a jumping match with players.

Instead, when the shot goes up, you should be inside the key already and if you have not come over to play help defence somewhere else you should be in the better position from the get go, behind you man. All you have to do is turn, bend, stick your ass out and push the opponant back away from the rim. You will get the board or at least someone else will get it, but your man will not. Dont think about winning the rebound first, think about making sure your man doesnt and then go after it agressively. Boxing out is the number 1 thing for me.

How Blake does it here is great, turns, seals and goes and gets it. However, note that there will be some very aggresive offensive rebounders and Blake doesnt use his ass to push his man back. In some cases, you may have to simply box out and push back before you go and get it.

Defensively 1 v 1, you have to know your man. Generally as a rule of thump, if he is smaller than you he will want to turn and face you up. If he is bigger than you, he will want to keep his back to the basket and shoot over you/back you down to get closer to the rim. Note, not always, but generally speaking you will probably find this to be the norm.

When someone faces you up.

Big men are usually limited to shooting standing still (not off a dribble or pulling up) and nearly always go to their strong hand. What you want to do in order of importance is A. make them shoot a jumper with out contesting it B. Them drive to their weak hand B. Shoot uncontested C. Drive to their strong hand

Bend so your head is lower than theirs, your lateral movement will be much better this way. Dont stand up taller, because you will be easier to get around. The distance you should stand should be dictated on your height difference plus their shooting ability. The bigger height advantage over them, the further you can stand off them. You want to stand far enough back to getting past you is difficult for them, but you want to be close enough to contest the shot

Most people are right handed and you want to force them left, so keep your left foot forward and slightly stand left of center, tempting them to go to your right which is their left. Dont let them go over to their right hand while your in this position, over play them making it obvious which direction they have to go in, their weak hand. If the opponant goes in this direction to their weak hand, believe me, if they can shoot even a little, they hardly ever want to go all the way to the rim with their weak hand. They will drive left but will pull up to shoot...if they cant shot, standing like that alone might force them to pass.

Before they make their move, keep one hand up (your left hand) ready to contest a jumpshot if they dont drive. If your opponant is right handed, then use your left to try and block the shot, its easier and will put them off more.

Temember what I said about preferences, you want them to shoot a contested shot more than anything. If they drive, focus on moving your feet and not using your hands. Shuffle and slide, dont reach and swipe. If they get close to you on their drive, use some skullduggary and lean on them forcing them off balance slightly, it will make it tougher to finish.

Look at everything Chuck Hayes does here.

Notice how he forced Amare to his left hand, notice how he uses his body to nudge Amare when he can, look how he contests his shots with his left hand mostly.

Everything I said here has been for right handed opponants, obviously you need to switch for a left hander.

Defending in the post. Look here at Chuck Hayes, someone clearly smaller than his man.

And look here at my idol, Jason Kidd.

First thing, number 1 most important first step. Bend one forearm, keep the other one free, bend low, get your center of gravity lower than your man and push him forward, as far away from the rim as possible. If the ball is coming in to him, push him off his space and make him come out even a couple feet further. That is the number 1 thing without a doubt. The further away from the basket their start their post move, the greater chance you have of defending it.

If someone is too strong or too tall and are getting easy scores on you. Front them in the post. Get in front of him, stand as tall as you can and force the pass to throw it over you. If your opponant is too close to the rim, its a very difficult pass for them to make. Obviously you might not want to do this from far away from the rim because it will be easy to throw it over you. Also if you go for this, make sure you team know because one of them can help by coming over the other side and forcing the passer to think twice before throwing.

But back to defending behind your man. As I said, make sure you get your center of gravity low and use your legs and ass. The power comes from there, not your upper body. If someone is still too strong for you, here is a neat trick you can use every so often.

Pulling the chair.

When the opponant is backing you down and your can feel yourself getting pushed closer and closer to the rim, push back as hard as you can, make it a battle, force him to use everything to push you back. Then after a couple of bumps from your man, move completly out of the way when he comes to bump you next. It will send him flying off balance.

Look here.

I could talk literally forever and dzime covered alot of stuff so ill stop here. I was coaching basketball for 4 years so it feels good to help where I can, anything else, anything specific, PM me.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:33 pm

Rose had his back problem, I forgot about that, scratch my earlier comment about him.

Here are some, lets say intresting quotes.

With the way Kobe Bryant mercilessly rode LeBron James in those final minutes, the way Kobe demanded to defend LeBron, the Miami Heat’s star had to shoot the ball. Dwyane Wade had broken Kobe’s nose in the third quarter, and now it was James’ turn to break his spirit in the fourth.

After all, this was an All-Star game, and ultimately the moment everyone had waited to witness. Game’s on the line, Bryant on James. There’s nowhere to go, nowhere to hide. Most of all, there’s nothing to lose. Take the shot, live with the consequences.

And truth be told, there are no consequences for failing on a long 3-pointer in the final seconds of an All-Star game, no consequences for driving past Bryant and missing a runner or missing a pull-up jumper. No one would’ve remembered a missed shot down two points to the Western Conference, but a long, wayward, get-this-ball-out-of-my-hands pass lingers longer.

Six seconds left, the ball swung back to James, and he threw a long crosscourt pass that the West’s Blake Griffin grabbed before it could ever reach Wade. The expressions on Bryant and Carmelo Anthony’s faces – one an opponent and an enemy, one a teammate and a close friend – were unmistakable: Are you kidding me, LeBron?

That’s what lingers over the NBA Finals for James. Every great player misses in great moments, every great player fails. But this sport wants to see James’ willingness to take the chance. James had been brilliant with 36 points and six 3-pointers. He’d brought the Eastern Conference back with a ferocious fourth quarter, and, well, everyone was still waiting on him to complete the comeback and blister Bryant, and James couldn’t get that ball out of his hands fast enough.

Here’s the thing, too: James knows Bryant goes to great lengths to belittle his unwillingness to rise up in the final moments of his biggest games. Bryant has five titles to James’ none, and had to bail James out in the fourth quarter of the gold-medal game of the 2008 Olympics in Beijing. Now Kobe was within inches, screaming into James’ face, “Shoot the [expletive] ball!” And, still, LeBron’s instincts weren’t to take ball and deliver it down Bryant’s throat. Score on Kobe, win the game and tell him to go to hell. Bryant would respect that.

[ Video: Kobe Bryant passes Michael Jordan’s All-Star record ]

So would Michael Jordan. Magic Johnson. Larry Bird. LeBron James is different. He’s probably better than all of them, but nothing in his DNA demanded that he go after Bryant there, that he destroy him in that moment.

“Yeah, he was telling me to shoot it,” James said. “I wish I could have that one back.”

James will get it back again, perhaps in the NBA Finals, perhaps with Oklahoma City’s Kevin Durant bearing down on him. And when Sunday night was over, when the West had beaten the East 152-149, it was clear James hadn’t let go of his mistake, that it lingered, and no one should come out of an All-Star game feeling that way. No one should do that to themselves.

Wade walked away with the clearest of minds: 24 points, 10 rebounds, 10 assists and the blood of Kobe. “Kobe fouled me two times in a row,” Wade would say later, and that was his way of saying, ‘Hell yes, I fouled him hard.’ “I obviously didn’t want to draw no blood, but… “

It wasn’t that obvious, but that’s why Wade has the complete respect of his peers. Mess with him, and he’ll hurt you. Had Kobe gotten into Wade in the final moments like he did to James, Wade would’ve gone at him with a vengeance. Every star on the floor – Paul Pierce, Rajon Rondo, Deron Williams – would’ve been ruthless in pursuit of the rim, the shot, the chance to shut Bryant up.

Bryant was still incredulous when James marched out of a timeout with 1.1 seconds left and was the East player designated to pass to someone else to try and make a tying 3-pointer. Think Kobe would’ve let West coach Scott Brooks use him in that role? Or Durant? No way. James had six 3-pointers, tying Mark Price’s All-Star record, and wouldn’t he want a chance at redemption there?

With the East down three, coach Tom Thibodeau had James throw the pass to Wade in the corner. Wade missed the shot, the buzzer sounded, and he shrugged and laughed. He had no fear of failure there and knows he’ll shoot that again and again.

[ Video: Kevin Durant named MVP of All-Star game ]

As soon as Bryant left the floor on Sunday night, his fractured nose had him woozy. There was a CT scan awaiting him and an appointment with an ear, nose and throat specialist in Los Angeles on Monday. “Kobe is a scorer,” Wade said. “He got 27. He’s Kobe Bryant. He scores the ball.”

That’s Wade’s way of saying: Just take a look at my 24 points, 10 rebounds, and 10 assists and LeBron’s 36-7-7. Brilliant all-around games, brilliant performances. No, this wasn’t the NBA Finals. This was the All-Star game, and no one would’ve remembered James missing that shot in the final seconds. Kobe misses them. Michael missed them.

Yet, the world was waiting for LeBron to make Kobe go silent, to stop the trash talk, the belittling, and end the game. So was Kobe. He was begging LeBron, but James wanted no part of that final shot the way he wanted no part of so many big shots in the Finals loss to the Dallas Mavericks.

Sooner or later, this will end for James. He’ll win his title and another and another, and he’ll finally understand he has to take that shot, that he can live with the consequences of the miss. Only thing LeBron James couldn’t do on Sunday was throw some crazy crosscourt pass while Kobe Bryant stood there in the final seconds pleading, begging – demanding – he come through him for the victory.

Take the shot, live with the consequences.

World’s still watching, still waiting.

Maybe its just me, but I can sense the lets say, indifference between Kobe and Wade and Bron. Despite the media driven rivalry between Kobe and Bron, both have kind of played it down, but I do now sense there is something there. I am sure Bron and Wade respect Kobe, but I get the sense that they dont like Kobe is still alpha dog, even if he is in decline and in some ways (more so for Bron) overtaken him...but Kobe still has this pull, he is defiant to the death and he isnt easing up as an old man and still is the alpha dog in the way he carries himself.

As for the Kobe and PP thing.

What kind of a Celtic would Paul Pierce be if he didn’t capitalize on an opportunity to chide Lakers guard Kobe Bryant? Pierce took full advantage while sitting on the bench last night during the final moments of the West’s 152-149 victory over the East.

With the Eastern Conference squad looking to foul while trailing by 1 point with 18.1 seconds left, Pierce encouraged teammates to foul Bryant. The East fouled Bryant and he missed the second of two free throws, allowing the East a golden opportunity to tie or take the lead.

New Jersey’s Deron Williams missed an open 3-pointer in the final seconds, but perhaps Pierce was key to giving the East that last possession.

“I was just heckling him, that’s all, just a good friendly heckle going on between two rivals,’’ Pierce said. “I was having fun. It’s the All-Star Game. That’s all it is. Just a little heckling, trying to get him to miss the shot, he missed the shot. It gave us a chance.’’

Pierce and Bryant have faced each other in two NBA Finals over the past four years, and both are known for their on-court banter.

“Right after the game, we went up and shook hands and walked around for a good 30 seconds and was laughing about it,’’ Pierce said. “I was trying to get into his head so he could miss the free throw. Then he comes over to the corner, a little trash-talking. We’re both kind of known for doing a little trash-talking in our day. But then we laughed about it right after the game.

“Kobe usually makes those shots in those situations so I am not sure if I had an effect on him. I think I did. I actually did say foul him because last week he did miss two crucial free throws. And that’s not a normal situation for him.’’

Bryant was being treated for headaches and dehydration and was not available for comment after the game.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:29 pm

^ Yup Wade broke Kobe's nose/gave him a concussion on that hard foul. I felt like there wasn't any harmful intent, it was obviously a hard foul but Wade wasn't setting out to hurt him, he was trying to prevent yet another easy layup for the West.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:20 pm

On that last play Durant stepped out to double team LeBron but only for a split second then he realized by doing so someone would be open.. And D-Wade was jumping up and down for a pass so maybe LeBron thought Durant would double team him all the way through and decided to feed Wade who was almost screaming for the ball so it's not as cowardly as it seems..

I still think he should have realized he had quite a few time on the clock and either created some space and pulled up or if the double team came, try to drive and create a foul or dish to another player
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next