milanfan7
dansik
McLewis
VivaStPauli
Senor Penguin
36 posters

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

Quran burning: Obama apologizes - Page 4 Empty Re: Quran burning: Obama apologizes

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:44 pm

RealGunner wrote:still don't get how u can burn a holy book accidentally
According what I read they burned a lot of documents and books because they thought that they had terrorist stuff in them, and according to what they say they didn't know they were in there ..

TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Quran burning: Obama apologizes - Page 4 Empty Re: Quran burning: Obama apologizes

Post by free_cat Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:49 pm

7amood11 wrote:
free_cat wrote:Ridiculous that some people are willing to kill other people for burning pieces of paper (and it seems that unintentionally).

I think that just shows how ignorant you are toward the Quran's significance.

That being said, the guy shouldn't have been killed.

But tbh he brought it on himself. He probably knew he was provoking a massive reaction.

I'm not ignorant of the Koran being sacred to muslims.

This doesn't change at all my point of view and I think yours is execrable and immoral. You are basically saying that the guy deserved to be killed for burning a book?? Shame on you.

Qoran is just a book, pieces of papers with writings on them held together. Nobody deserves to die for burning a book. I don't like books being burnt, because they are a source of wisdom usually, but nobody deserves a punishment for burning one.

It's the same with flags, I don't like people burning flags, but no one should be punished for burning one, whatever the flag is: Spanis, European, American or Catalan.

free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:54 pm

RealGunner wrote:still don't get how u can burn a holy book accidentally

It's not like "holy books" have alarms that set-off when they are about to be burnt or neon lights saying "HOLY BOOK DON'T BURN". They can easily be burnt altogether with other unholy books, magazines or other stuff, which being in Arab you can't even read the cover.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:59 pm

seriously though muslims burn their own qurans when they get old instead of throwing them in the garbage, Qurans with printing errors in them are also burned so the act itself isnt the problem but rather the intentions. So if it's true that it was burned accidentally then there shouldnt be an issue in the first place
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:02 pm

zizzle wrote:seriously though muslims burn their own qurans when they get old instead of throwing them in the garbage, Qurans with printing errors in them are also burned so the act itself isnt the problem but rather the intentions. So if it's true that it was burned accidentally then there shouldnt be an issue in the first place

Even if it is accidental or not I won't stop the brainwashed extremists
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:04 pm

zizzle wrote:seriously though muslims burn their own qurans when they get old instead of throwing them in the garbage, Qurans with printing errors in them are also burned so the act itself isnt the problem but rather the intentions. So if it's true that it was burned accidentally then there shouldnt be an issue in the first place

Even if he burnt it with the intention to offend Islam, he doesn't deserves any punishment. It's an act of free speach that doesn't hurt anyone. He is just burning a paper.

Some religious people feel offended? Well guys, just toughen up a bit. If you can't cope with someone burning a paper, you'd better be prepared for the blows live gives you sometimes.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:15 pm

free_cat wrote:

Even if he burnt it with the intention to offend Islam, he doesn't deserves any punishment. It's an act of free speach that doesn't hurt anyone. He is just burning a paper.

Some religious people feel offended? Well guys, just toughen up a bit. If you can't cope with someone burning a paper, you'd better be prepared for the blows live gives you sometimes.

hmmm hmm but if some one talks about the Zionist's its considerd antisemitism
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:23 pm

buddhas of bamiyan - over 2000 year old unique statues destroyed intentionally by taliban - buddhists don't give a shit, noone is hurt

koran - one of the billions of copies of a book accidentally burned - people die

religion of peace Quran burning: Obama apologizes - Page 4 Yao-ming-meme_normal
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:28 pm

che wrote:buddhas of bamiyan - over 2000 year old unique statues destroyed intentionally by taliban - buddhists don't give a shit, noone is hurt

koran - one of the billions of copies of a book accidentally burned - people die

religion of peace Quran burning: Obama apologizes - Page 4 Yao-ming-meme_normal

It's stupid to judge a religion by its extremists.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:31 pm

why?

surely if something claims to be the code all people should obey it should be foolproof against interpretation that will harm innocent people no?
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:31 pm

free_cat wrote:
7amood11 wrote:
free_cat wrote:Ridiculous that some people are willing to kill other people for burning pieces of paper (and it seems that unintentionally).

But tbh he brought it on himself. He probably knew he was provoking a massive reaction.

This doesn't change at all my point of view and I think yours is execrable and immoral. You are basically saying that the guy deserved to be killed for burning a book?? Shame on you.

Qoran is just a book, pieces of papers with writings on them held together. Nobody deserves to die for burning a book. I don't like books being burnt, because they are a source of wisdom usually, but nobody deserves a punishment for burning one.

It's the same with flags, I don't like people burning flags, but no one should be punished for burning one, whatever the flag is: Spanis, European, American or Catalan.

How on earth did you come to the idea that I said the guy deserved it? I clearly said: "the guy shouldn't have been killed. " Sure I won't feel sorry for the guy one bit if he intentionally did it, but I never said that I condoned murder.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:37 pm

che wrote:why?

surely if something claims to be the code all people should obey it should be foolproof against interpretation that will harm innocent people no?

If everyone had the same interpretation then we wouldn't be humans...
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:41 pm

che wrote:why?

Because those extremists aren't going by the Quran. There are lots of things in the Holy Quran that these people just seem to ignore.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:47 pm

Qur'an (33:57) - "Lo! those who malign Allah and His messenger, Allah hath cursed them in this world and the Hereafter, and hath prepared for them the doom of the disdained"

Qur'an (33:61) - [continues from above] "Accursed, they will be seized wherever found and slain with a (fierce) slaughter."

20 seconds of google search suggests there are lots of things they follow too...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:49 pm

plus the quran wasnt even printed by the time Muhammad (pbuh) died so there is simply no rule on the matter. Whoever says the guy should be killed is coming up with his OWN interpretations
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:52 pm

che wrote:
Qur'an (33:57) - "Lo! those who malign Allah and His messenger, Allah hath cursed them in this world and the Hereafter, and hath prepared for them the doom of the disdained"

Qur'an (33:61) - [continues from above] "Aj
ccursed, they will be seized wherever found and slain with a (fierce) slaughter."

20 seconds of google search suggests there are lots of things they follow too...

Another 2-3 hours will give u context of those pharses... I can easily come up with phrases from all the religions but if u read them in context u will know what hey mean..

Most of quoted are from the war times in arabia
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:57 pm

che wrote:

Qur'an (33:61) - [continues from above] "Accursed, they will be seized wherever found and slain with a (fierce) slaughter."

now you're doing exactly what the extremists do, you're taking the verse out of context

33:60 If the hypocrites and those in whose hearts is a disease, and those who spread false news among the people in Al-Madinah stop not, We shall certainly let you overpower them, then they will not be able to stay in it as your neighbors but a little while.

This verse is talking about those who were spreading lies in Al-Madina in the hopes to start a war. These verses are EXCULSIVE to them and is not a general rule
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:58 pm

imalegend wrote:

I can easily come up with phrases from all the religions but if u read them in context u will know what hey mean..

oh i'm sure you can, that's why i'm against organized religion in general, not just islam Laughing

i'm fully aware of that, the entire book was written in the middle ages, all the more reasons to finally start disregarding it...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:58 pm

che wrote:

:facepalm:

You see, this is the cause of all the misunderstanding and hate. People google and look at the first thing they find and start spewing this kind of crap.

Every verse has its own context. When you understand the context, you understand the verse in a completely different way than it appears. I doubt you even thought of digging around for the contexts of those verses. Here are the contexts for a couple of verses:

http://islam.about.com/od/terrorism/f/terrorism_verse.htm
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:01 pm

che wrote:
imalegend wrote:

I can easily come up with phrases from all the religions but if u read them in context u will know what hey mean..

oh i'm sure you can, that's why i'm against organized religion in general, not just islam Laughing

i'm fully aware of that, the entire book was written in the middle ages, all the more reasons to finally start disregarding it...

situational verses are already disregarded unless a similar situation arises
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:04 pm

zizzle wrote:

now you're doing exactly what the extremists do, you're taking the verse out of context

that's the entire point, surely a book that's supposed to be the universal guide on morality shouldn't have to use goddamn asterisks to distinguish between who you can and who you can't murder?
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:19 pm

Quran burning: Obama apologizes - Page 4 64853_250630335023153_116048091814712_565355_263198343_n

translation:
1st pic, during the murder trial of Faraj Foad (writter)

judge: why did you kill Faraj Foad
Murderer: Because he's Kafir (not a believer)
Judge: from which one his books did you learn that
Murderer: i didnt read his books
judge: how come?
murdered: i cant read or write

2nd pic during the murder trial of egytian presedent Sadaat

Judge: why did you kill sadaat
Murderer: because he's seculer
Judge: what does the word seculer mean
Murderer: i dont know

3rd picture during the trial of a guy who attempted to kill nobel prize winner Najeeb mahfooz

Judge: why did you stab him
defendent: because he's a Kafir
judge: how do you know
defendent: from his book 'welad haritna'
juddge: did you read that book
defendent: no

do you think we can use these people to judge truly judge islam?
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:32 pm

if this mindset was limited to isolated incidents and not to people actively running countries, i wouldn't

sadly...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:49 pm

supra969 wrote:
free_cat wrote:

hmmm hmm but if some one talks about the Zionist's its considerd antisemitism

Talking about Zionism is perfectly respectable.

What is not respectable, is talking about seggregating and/or killing jews = antisemitism = hate speach.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:51 pm

7amood11 wrote:
free_cat wrote:
7amood11 wrote:

How on earth did you come to the idea that I said the guy deserved it? I clearly said: "the guy shouldn't have been killed. " Sure I won't feel sorry for the guy one bit if he intentionally did it, but I never said that I condoned murder.

Ok, you are right, but sentences like "he has brought it to himself" are far from condemning a case of murder because he burnt a book.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:55 pm

Look at Morrocan laws:

''the vote of man equals two"

''infidel cant object in the court against muslim''

Just some of them.

Here is some thing for liberals and people who dont know:

There isnt such thing as ''moderate'' islam. Muslims, the true believers are told to follow Coran word by word, as it is book written by the Prophet. Islam is ideology not just religion that narrates how to do things: run the gov, law system, banking, how to eat and even how to go to toilet.

You may not like jews or Indians, but these people felt on their skin what is Islam when it is followed completely. Thus, they are very hostile and ruthless against it.

There isnt such thing as moderate Islam, you are either follow it completely, or you are not a Muslim, same with Christianity.
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next