MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread

+29
FennecFox7
cripsy dipsy
celikmilan
C.Marchisio #8
DeviAngel
Fadi
Tigole
inderbaby
Potential
Seth
BiasedMilanFan3
7amood11
Arquitecto
nichabr
dronte
Cotes
Milantildeath
dostoevsky
Cruijf
Cookie Monster
salmano9
milanfan7
Dante
TonyDaBeast
Ganso
Giovanni10
Rossoneri Ninja
pUsHa
Forza
33 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread

Post by dostoevsky Tue 7 Feb 2012 - 14:40

I agree with Dante, though I would emphasise less the importance of our opponent than of taking an opportunity to learn as much as we can about how we should handle Juventus when we meet them in the league. Failing in the Coppa Italia won't matter to me if we learn from our mistakes and gain a confidence boosting victory in the league, however if we achieve victory in neither the Coppa or the League it may be potentially demoralising so we can't take any of these games lightly, either as events in themselves or opportunities to test out strategies and the limits of our available squad.

dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Posts : 7557
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread

Post by Dante Tue 7 Feb 2012 - 14:48

dostoevsky wrote:I agree with Dante, though I would emphasise less the importance of our opponent than of taking an opportunity to learn as much as we can about how we should handle Juventus when we meet them in the league. Failing in the Coppa Italia won't matter to me if we learn from our mistakes and gain a confidence boosting victory in the league, however if we achieve victory in neither the Coppa or the League it may be potentially demoralising so we can't take any of these games lightly, either as events in themselves or opportunities to test out strategies and the limits of our available squad.

Indeed , that's what the team should focus on. Prepare themselves for the match in the league. In any case , it's a match in the later stages of the cup , so it's not that unimportant . The fact that the opponent is our rival in the league should say a lot .

We can earn a lot from this game and i am sure the team won't downplay it
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 5460
Join date : 2011-07-09
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread

Post by dronte Tue 7 Feb 2012 - 15:06

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:
Dude i don't know what planet you from, but this fixture is going to be ugly & brutal. We supplementing our midfield with dm's and we are going to play long balls to Maxi.
Just like Classicos.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 2333
Join date : 2011-06-09
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread

Post by nichabr Tue 7 Feb 2012 - 15:34

why do people think ibra isn't playing...hes banned for serie A not the cup...
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 1251
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread

Post by Cotes Tue 7 Feb 2012 - 17:29

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:
Cotes wrote:
salmano9 wrote:I cant wait to see the 3-0 Juve win Very Happy
Giacherini, Matri, Marchisio!!!!

Man shut up...
We couldn't beat Siena at home with a fully fit squad...
Even with Milan's injury-stricken squad...they are way better than Siena...

if we want a 3-0
Conte's gonna have to makes some changes & give the team some mystery
Elia really should play...like wise Estigarriba
Elia has a point to prove & Esti always shows class regardless of who the opposition is...A real classy player
Interms of striker...Rest Matri & start Quags & Del Piero or Giaccherini & Del Piero...

ALL IN ALL:
ONE THING I'M SURE BOTH FAN (MILANISTAS & JUVENTINIS) CAN AGREE ONE
THE WILL BE WAY BETTER THAN EL CLASSICO!

Dude i don't know what planet you from, but this fixture is going to be ugly & brutal. We supplementing our midfield with dm's and we are going to play long balls to Maxi.

The reason it is gonna be better than El Classico is because one team always wins in that which doesn't really make a classic but more of a beat down...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 3597
Join date : 2011-08-30
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread

Post by Forza Wed 8 Feb 2012 - 8:17

Juve are going to play their B team, so I'm fairly confident we can get a result if Ibra starts for us
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham
Posts : 8871
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed 8 Feb 2012 - 10:19

Ibra can play so its game on drinking

Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 1669
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 112

Back to top Go down

MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread

Post by Arquitecto Wed 8 Feb 2012 - 10:39

I know Allegri won't change his usual 4-3-1-2/4-1-2-1-2

So....


Abate-Silva-Nesta-Mesbah
Cristante-MvB-Seedorf
SES
Ibra-Maxi

Our midfield is paper thin Laughing


Mesbah since he is our probably our best LB and has received rest.

Cristante simply because we need to try him more and he is talented after all. I don't want to see Ambro, so Seedorf as the interchangeable LCM role while MvB who probably is fatigued is needed.

Maxi with Ibra? I can see them combining since Ibra usually drops deep all the time anyway.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 12353
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread

Post by 7amood11 Wed 8 Feb 2012 - 11:20

Forza Rossoneri wrote:Juve are going to play their B team, so I'm fairly confident we can get a result if Ibra starts for us

Not necessarily...
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 3113
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Wed 8 Feb 2012 - 11:34

I dont know if Cristante really is that talented. I mean, people knew just about nothing about him once he made his debut (only a handful of posters here knew he existed).

I, personally, would start Calvano instead of Cristante.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 4219
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed 8 Feb 2012 - 11:43

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:I dont know if Cristante really is that talented. I mean, people knew just about nothing about him once he made his debut (only a handful of posters here knew he existed).

I, personally, would start Calvano instead of Cristante.

Was out for a long time last year, made his comeback and scored on debut :bow:
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 1669
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 112

Back to top Go down

MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread

Post by Forza Wed 8 Feb 2012 - 12:10

7amood11 wrote:
Forza Rossoneri wrote:Juve are going to play their B team, so I'm fairly confident we can get a result if Ibra starts for us

Not necessarily...
Marco Borriello, Simone Padoin and Martin Caceres all arrived in Turin last month and the Bianconeri boss believes that the trio warrant the opportunity to prove their worth at San Siro in the away leg.

“The three players who arrived in the transfer market need to play and must give us important responses just like all the others," Conte told Juve's official website.

"They’ve been brought in to bolster the squad and not just as alternatives, but valid options from every point of view.”

Conte also revealed that Marco Storari will take over from first-choice goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon between the posts.

“The Coppa Italia is Storari’s competition, there’s no doubt about that," he argued. "I’d like to praise his professionalism.

"He’s a great goalkeeper, he wants to play, but he’s making a great contribution both when he’s required to play and off the field.”

While Conte is clearly resting some first-team regulars for the game in Milan, the former Bianconeri midfielder insists that his side have every chance of bringing a lead back to Juventus Stadium.

“The game needs to be approached in the right way," he mused. "I think both ourselves and Milan want to get through and reach the final, so we’ll look to give everything we’ve got over the two legs to get there.

“As far as we’re concerned, it’s the first leg of a semi-final regardless of the opposition we’ll face.

"It’s inevitable that I would have preferred to play a weaker opponent and have a greater chance of going through.

“Instead, I’d say that both sides have an equal possibility of progressing in the competition."

Juventus, who currently lead Serie A by a solitary point from Milan, will face the Rossoneri again in the league at San Siro later this month.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham
Posts : 8871
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread

Post by dostoevsky Wed 8 Feb 2012 - 12:26

I'm quite worried about fatigue, so even though I view such a match as being quite important as a learning curve, I would be inclined to implement something more drastic than Arq's line-up in terms of resting players. Mexes should play in my opinion and I'd even consider Antonini at rightback or for a half at least.

I'm not particularly sure of Cristante's ability to maintain his poise at this level yet, though I'm certainly not against Allegri using a primavera midfielder. Even though I'm concerned about the way we approach the game and our attitude, I am prepared to risk sacrificing ground given the opportunity to turn around the tie in the second leg, even if it is away from home.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 7557
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread

Post by Forza Wed 8 Feb 2012 - 12:38

We should throw on the entire Primavera team to compensate for our bad transfer window, maybe we will discover another SES calibre player who is ready for the big time. Laughing


Last edited by Forza Rossoneri on Wed 8 Feb 2012 - 12:40; edited 2 times in total
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham
Posts : 8871
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread

Post by dostoevsky Wed 8 Feb 2012 - 12:39

Playing our entire youth team would be a nice way to troll Juventus, however we'd also get caned. Razz
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 7557
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread

Post by Forza Wed 8 Feb 2012 - 12:40

Seriously though, a couple Primavera players in the team would be a nice change from the old guard and help promote their public profile. If the media makes a big deal, Allegri might even promote them. I know this is wishful thinking, but some youth promotions are desperately needed.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham
Posts : 8871
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread

Post by dostoevsky Wed 8 Feb 2012 - 12:45

Your post actually reminded me that the player I should be calling to be given a run out is De Sciglio, our most involved Primavera player of the season thus far. Seeing any of Valoti, Calvano, Carmona or Cristante gain time would be very encouraging. I would even like to see Ely on the bench on the off chance that the opportunity to give him half an hour arises.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 7557
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread

Post by Forza Wed 8 Feb 2012 - 12:47

dostoevsky wrote:Your post actually reminded me that the player I should be calling to be given a run out is De Sciglio, our most involved Primavera player of the season thus far. Seeing any of Valoti, Calvano, Carmona or Cristante gain time would be very encouraging. I would even like to see Ely on the bench on the off chance that the opportunity to give him half an hour arises.

Now we're talking Cool
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham
Posts : 8871
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread

Post by dostoevsky Wed 8 Feb 2012 - 12:50

We'll be all like...

El Shaarawy :dance:
De Sciglio :dance:
Carmona :dance:
Valoti :dance:
Ely :dance:
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 7557
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread

Post by Forza Wed 8 Feb 2012 - 12:56

dostoevsky wrote:We'll be all like...

El Shaarawy :dance:
De Sciglio :dance:
Carmona :dance:
Valoti :dance:
Ely :dance:
Didac :dance:
Merkel :dance:
Ferreira :dance:
Strasser :dance:
Donnarumma :dance:
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham
Posts : 8871
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed 8 Feb 2012 - 12:57

EDit: SOB Forza


Last edited by Rossoneri Ninja on Wed 8 Feb 2012 - 13:02; edited 1 time in total
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 1669
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 112

Back to top Go down

MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread

Post by Forza Wed 8 Feb 2012 - 13:01

We'll all be like...
Rossoneri Ninja wrote: EDit: SOB Forza :dance:


Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham
Posts : 8871
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed 8 Feb 2012 - 13:05

LMAO.. i was already busy doing it
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 1669
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 112

Back to top Go down

MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread

Post by Forza Wed 8 Feb 2012 - 13:07

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:LMAO.. i was already busy doing it

yeah, i had a feeling that's what you meant, still there are plenty more youth players to add to the list of :dance:
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham
Posts : 8871
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread

Post by 7amood11 Wed 8 Feb 2012 - 13:08

Forza Rossoneri wrote:
7amood11 wrote:
Forza Rossoneri wrote:Juve are going to play their B team, so I'm fairly confident we can get a result if Ibra starts for us

Not necessarily...
Marco Borriello, Simone Padoin and Martin Caceres all arrived in Turin last month and the Bianconeri boss believes that the trio warrant the opportunity to prove their worth at San Siro in the away leg.

“The three players who arrived in the transfer market need to play and must give us important responses just like all the others," Conte told Juve's official website.

"They’ve been brought in to bolster the squad and not just as alternatives, but valid options from every point of view.”

Conte also revealed that Marco Storari will take over from first-choice goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon between the posts.

“The Coppa Italia is Storari’s competition, there’s no doubt about that," he argued. "I’d like to praise his professionalism.

"He’s a great goalkeeper, he wants to play, but he’s making a great contribution both when he’s required to play and off the field.”

While Conte is clearly resting some first-team regulars for the game in Milan, the former Bianconeri midfielder insists that his side have every chance of bringing a lead back to Juventus Stadium.

“The game needs to be approached in the right way," he mused. "I think both ourselves and Milan want to get through and reach the final, so we’ll look to give everything we’ve got over the two legs to get there.

“As far as we’re concerned, it’s the first leg of a semi-final regardless of the opposition we’ll face.

"It’s inevitable that I would have preferred to play a weaker opponent and have a greater chance of going through.

“Instead, I’d say that both sides have an equal possibility of progressing in the competition."

Juventus, who currently lead Serie A by a solitary point from Milan, will face the Rossoneri again in the league at San Siro later this month.

We pretty much went in full force when we played against Roma. Changing gears would be illogical, especially when we're so close to the final.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 3113
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread

Post by Forza Wed 8 Feb 2012 - 13:20

7amood11 wrote:
Forza Rossoneri wrote:
7amood11 wrote:
Forza Rossoneri wrote:Juve are going to play their B team, so I'm fairly confident we can get a result if Ibra starts for us

Not necessarily...
Marco Borriello, Simone Padoin and Martin Caceres all arrived in Turin last month and the Bianconeri boss believes that the trio warrant the opportunity to prove their worth at San Siro in the away leg.

“The three players who arrived in the transfer market need to play and must give us important responses just like all the others," Conte told Juve's official website.

"They’ve been brought in to bolster the squad and not just as alternatives, but valid options from every point of view.”

Conte also revealed that Marco Storari will take over from first-choice goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon between the posts.

“The Coppa Italia is Storari’s competition, there’s no doubt about that," he argued. "I’d like to praise his professionalism.

"He’s a great goalkeeper, he wants to play, but he’s making a great contribution both when he’s required to play and off the field.”

While Conte is clearly resting some first-team regulars for the game in Milan, the former Bianconeri midfielder insists that his side have every chance of bringing a lead back to Juventus Stadium.

“The game needs to be approached in the right way," he mused. "I think both ourselves and Milan want to get through and reach the final, so we’ll look to give everything we’ve got over the two legs to get there.

“As far as we’re concerned, it’s the first leg of a semi-final regardless of the opposition we’ll face.

"It’s inevitable that I would have preferred to play a weaker opponent and have a greater chance of going through.

“Instead, I’d say that both sides have an equal possibility of progressing in the competition."

Juventus, who currently lead Serie A by a solitary point from Milan, will face the Rossoneri again in the league at San Siro later this month.

We pretty much went in full force when we played against Roma. Changing gears would be illogical, especially when we're so close to the final.

There is a probable line-up that includes all of those players in a thread in the Juve section.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham
Posts : 8871
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: MILAN v JUVENTUS ~ Coppa Italia Pre/Post Match Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum