Great Leader Sprucenuce
schwarzgelb
guest7
Ali
Gil
151 posters

Page 30 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

How highly do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 30 Empty Re: How highly do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:24 pm

Still would play this guy in front of the back four. He could be the DM the likes to go forward and still have good recovery when defending. Only as long RM have Modric and Isco/Kroos helping him.

Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

How highly do you rate Sergio Ramos? - Page 30 Empty Re: How highly do you rate Sergio Ramos?

Post by Crimson Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:31 pm

He would make my all time 11 for Real Madrid every day of the week, people like to pick on every single mistake, yet don't do the same with any other defender out there. I can tell you right now you would be hard pressed to find any defender in the world better than him atm.

Fantastic leader and captain who plays with his heart on his sleeve, give me that every time.

That being said I don't think the Sevilla game was his best defensively but it was no way a bad game either, bit too many fouls for me but he really should of had 2 goals not just the 1.
Crimson
Crimson
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:18 pm

Ramos is only rated so highly because of his goals. Dude is an accident waiting to happen who only plays good for 3 month of a season that coincides with the latter stages of the CL and Copa. Too bad his mistakes cost us leagues after leagues. He was saved a bunch of times by Navas and his teammates last season. No other defender can afford to make the mistakes he makes and then be called the best in the world

Pepe is without a doubt the best CB with Bonucci as a distant second
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:23 pm

Ramos is a Madrid legend no doubt, but only a decent defender at best. I would say if not for his history with Madrid and his important goals, he wouldn't be good enough for Madrid.

I'm not downplaying his goals though--along with Iniesta he's one of the clutchest players I've ever seen.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:57 pm

Pepe and Bonucci rofl
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:20 pm

Curtinho wrote:
I wonder if people still consider Kos world class. hmm

I do.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:24 pm

Whoever watched the Euros should know Kos is one of the best in the world
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:08 pm

RealGunner wrote:Whoever watched the Euros should know Kos is one of the best in the world

http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dahell2.png
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:53 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Pepe and Bonucci rofl

You laugh and yet Pepe and Bonucci showed exactly why anyone would rate both above Ramos during the Euros.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:58 pm

Doc wrote:

You laugh and yet Pepe and Bonucci showed exactly why anyone would rate both above Ramos during the Euros.

And yet Ramos has won more international tournaments as a starter than both of them lol

Your logic is flawed
Crimson
Crimson
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:59 pm

OMG Crimson

Are you THE Crimson?

With the beard?
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:02 pm

Vibe wrote:OMG Crimson

Are you THE Crimson?

With the beard?

sup @Vibe hahaha
Crimson
Crimson
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:03 pm

Ramos does fantastic 80% of the time.  It's ok to struggle for 20%...  they all do even the all time greats.  But when he struggles, he often makes a catastrophic mistake.

I really can't comment on a CB who is known for scoring goals and just marginally about defending.

That said, as someone in the Madrid section stated very well...  he's a complete blockhead but deserves a statue at Real Madrid.  

He's the best offensive CB (new category) that I have ever seen aside from Beckenbauer.  He's different in that he's not a CM playing CB... he's a striker playing CB.  Very unique.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:07 pm

RealGunner wrote:Whoever watched the Euros should know Kos is one of the best in the world

Cannot agree more.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:09 pm

sportsczy wrote:Ramos does fantastic 80% of the time.  It's ok to struggle for 20%...  they all do even the all time greats.  But when he struggles, he often makes a catastrophic mistake.

I really can't comment on a CB who is known for scoring goals and just marginally about defending.

That said, as someone in the Madrid section stated very well...  he's a complete blockhead but deserves a statue at Real Madrid.  

He's the best offensive CB (new category) that I have ever seen aside from Beckenbauer.  He's different in that he's not a CM playing CB... he's a striker playing CB.  Very unique.

He is a lot more clutch than most but does not reach the levels of Passarella, Hierro and Koeman....yet
Crimson
Crimson
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:15 pm

Ramos is a funny story. He was highly rated when he was younger because he had the technical ability and athleticism. Most thought the brain would come with age, but at 30 the brain still hasn't exactly come.

He's a Madrid legend no doubt, and he's very very clutch. If I was a Madrid fan I'd love him and I can see his appeal, but idk as a defender, I don't think he's the best.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:45 pm

He's not the best defender but as a footballer he's one of the best of this generation. His biggest problem is that he's inconsistent. Can't stay concentrated all the time. But when he's on song he's a wall. His performance against Bayern home and away leaving aside his brace in the second leg was totally world class.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:11 pm

Crimson wrote:
Doc wrote:

And yet Ramos has won more international tournaments as a starter than both of them lol

Your logic is flawed

My logic is fine. I rate Pepe and Bonucci higher than Ramos as a defender. Not sure why you brought up the whole won at international level since that was not my focus at all. Both Pepe and Bonucci showed way better defending at Euros than Ramos.

Anyway, I have acknowledged Ramos as a Madrid legend, totally earned it and I respect what he brings to the team. But I would not pretend he doesn't do absolutely daft things more often than most.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:32 pm

Well, Bonucci plays has alongside him two other world class defenders in Chiellini and barzagli while Ramos plays with that calamity Pique and Albadini
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:38 pm

Bonucci used to make similar errors like Ramos but he outgrew them (for the most part), I believe when Conte came he actually brought a Sports Psychologist and it did wonders for Bonucci who is a very gifted defender but lacked that mental capacity [at least so I read].

Now he's become the leader of those three defenders you listed @valkyrja and like Ramos, he has a way of coming up with great moments in front of the other team's goals and as a leader in general.

As a defender, I don't really rate Ramos that highly to be honest but as a player I do, he's a leader, he's a tough player who always puts his all into matches so I have nothing but respect for that.

From a defensive standpoint, I would rather all three of Juve's starters but its all a matter of opinion at the end of the day

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:53 pm

Yeah, no doctor on Earth fix that part of Ramos. That being said, as a Madrid fan, you can't help but admire him. The man doesn't give up, he doesn't let the occasion phase him and is so confident in his own abilities that I feel he'll go in goal one of these days. And unlike a certain Argentine with bleached hair, the man is a leader. Him getting picked over Pique for Spain's captain is a testament to that (also Gerard's lack of real growth in that department probably has something to do with that).

I have criticized Ramos a lot and would continue to tbh but it is about time I acknowledge how great it is have such a player in this mad team that is Real Madrid.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:16 pm

Crimson wrote:
Doc wrote:

Your logic is flawed

This makes Zlatan pure shit, cause he didn't win anything at International level.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:28 pm

No doubt he's WC but if it were up to me to chose between Pepe or Ramos I'd take Pepe. Bonucci too has already improved significantly enough to be consider among the world's best Defenders right now.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:09 pm

unreal
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:12 pm

Why are you faking it RG? Fraudnaldo won the match for you. Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:13 pm

So many trophies because of this guy

Legend Molenation
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 34 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next