Maths- Gym for Brainiacs

+30
Ion Creanga
alexander mahone
El Gunner
Dutti
mr-r34
urbaNRoots
forza.milan
vizkosity
Forza
ausbaz
TheRedStag
fatman123
Baraa
Ganso
beatrixasdfghjk.
Rossoneri Ninja
kiranr
spanky
halamadrid2
BiasedMilanFan3
Sushi Master
EarlyPrototype
Jack Daniels
RealGunner
Lord Hades
S
Soul
dansik
Ali
Babun
34 posters

Page 3 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 27  Next

Go down

Maths- Gym for Brainiacs  - Page 3 Empty Re: Maths- Gym for Brainiacs

Post by Sushi Master Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:15 pm

Will try this again later, preferably half drunk.

Where's Surag at? Indians are awesome at math.

Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Posts : 9392
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Maths- Gym for Brainiacs  - Page 3 Empty Re: Maths- Gym for Brainiacs

Post by Babun Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:21 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Will try this again later, preferably half drunk.

Where's Surag at? Indians are awesome at math.
Really? eco smile
You were very close to the answer eco smile I like your never give up attitude eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7221
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Maths- Gym for Brainiacs  - Page 3 Empty Re: Maths- Gym for Brainiacs

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:34 pm

x+1=y-1
2*(x-1)=y+1 -------- 2x - 2 = y + 1

y = x + 2

2x - 2 = (x + 2 ) + 1
2x - 2 = x + 2
x -4 = 0
x = 4
y = 5

9 members in total ?



RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89404
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Maths- Gym for Brainiacs  - Page 3 Empty Re: Maths- Gym for Brainiacs

Post by Babun Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:46 pm

RealGunner wrote:x+1=y-1
2*(x-1)=y+1 -------- 2x - 2 = y + 1

y = x + 2
2x - 2 = (x + 2 ) + 1
2x - 2 = x + 2
x -4 = 0
x = 4
y = 5

9 members in total ?



Are you tired? Everything is right except for the way you left out 1 eco smile
And y=x+5, how did you manage to get y=5? eco smile If x=4 in your wrongly calculated version, then y should be 6 y=4+2 eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7221
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Maths- Gym for Brainiacs  - Page 3 Empty Re: Maths- Gym for Brainiacs

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:54 pm

lol yea, doing a project at the same time

so

14 members lol ?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89404
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Maths- Gym for Brainiacs  - Page 3 Empty Re: Maths- Gym for Brainiacs

Post by Babun Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:56 pm

RealGunner wrote:lol yea, doing a project at the same time

so

14 members lol ?

Still wrong, correct your initial calculation calmly and you'll get the result eco smile
RealGunner wrote:x+1=y-1
2*(x-1)=y+1 -------- 2x - 2 = y + 1

y = x + 2

2x - 2 = (x + 2 ) + 1
2x - 2 = x + 3
.
.
.
.
Just continue here... eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7221
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Maths- Gym for Brainiacs  - Page 3 Empty Re: Maths- Gym for Brainiacs

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:01 pm

ffs, can't even do basic maths.

I will get back to this tomorrow lol, but someone will solve this by then
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89404
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Maths- Gym for Brainiacs  - Page 3 Empty Re: Maths- Gym for Brainiacs

Post by Lord Hades Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:09 am

x = 5?

so y = 7?
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3870
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Maths- Gym for Brainiacs  - Page 3 Empty Re: Maths- Gym for Brainiacs

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:13 am

BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 4219
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Maths- Gym for Brainiacs  - Page 3 Empty Re: Maths- Gym for Brainiacs

Post by Babun Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:51 am

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:
Maths- Gym for Brainiacs  - Page 3 SuperStock_4107-81061
Don't be scarred, nerds won't eat you eco smile
Lord Hades wrote:x = 5?

so y = 7?
Right on Very Happy

5-1=4 ...........7+1=8........2*4=8

5+1=6...........7-1=6


Last edited by Kamina on Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7221
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Maths- Gym for Brainiacs  - Page 3 Empty Re: Maths- Gym for Brainiacs

Post by Babun Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:07 pm

Next question, goallegacy troll edition eco smile

Once upon the time, GL had 200 members to start off with. Among them were trolls and non trolls. Trolls, if asked whether they are one, they never said the truth eco smile Non trolls, of course, always stated the truth. Seeing each other posting everyday, all the 200 knew among themselves who is a troll and who isn't eco smile
Redoranje tried to find out how many trolls were present in those days. He made a survey:

1.) He asked, "how many trolls are in GL?", the first one answered " there's at least one troll in GL", the second one said " there're at least 2 trolls in GL" and so on, the last one said " there're at least 200 trolls in GL"...
How many trolls did Redoranje find with his survey? eco smile
(junior high level)


2). Redoranje wasn't satisfied with his first survey. He started a new one with the question " how many trolls are exactly present in GL?"
Again, the first one answered " there's exactly one troll in GL", the second " there're exactly 2 trolls in GL" and so on, the 200th said " there're exactly 200 trolls in GL" eco smile
What were Redoranje's results from his improved survey? eco smile
( logic question, everyone who could count up to 200 is able to answer theoretically)



Lord Hades, if you know the answer, PM me
eco smile


Last edited by Kamina on Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7221
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Maths- Gym for Brainiacs  - Page 3 Empty Re: Maths- Gym for Brainiacs

Post by Lord Hades Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:36 pm



can your question be solved by arithmetic progression kamina?^^
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3870
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Maths- Gym for Brainiacs  - Page 3 Empty Re: Maths- Gym for Brainiacs

Post by Babun Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:53 pm

Lord Hades wrote:

can your question be solved by arithmetic progression kamina?^^
Yeah, but you could also do without. The questions were quite misleading, I proof read and corrected the excercise eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7221
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Maths- Gym for Brainiacs  - Page 3 Empty Re: Maths- Gym for Brainiacs

Post by Lord Hades Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:09 pm

i always used to like ap so ill try it by that method

okay

i am a bit confused

is the first question an example of bernoulli's trial?
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3870
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Maths- Gym for Brainiacs  - Page 3 Empty Re: Maths- Gym for Brainiacs

Post by Lord Hades Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:17 pm

doesnt the first question depend on the distribution of trolls and non trolls since we dont know which is which. trolls would lie and non trolls would tell the truth?
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3870
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Maths- Gym for Brainiacs  - Page 3 Empty Re: Maths- Gym for Brainiacs

Post by Lord Hades Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:24 pm

is second answer 200?
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3870
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Maths- Gym for Brainiacs  - Page 3 Empty Re: Maths- Gym for Brainiacs

Post by Babun Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:26 pm

Lord Hades wrote:doesnt the first question depend on the distribution of trolls and non trolls since we dont know which is which. trolls would lie and non trolls would tell the truth?
Yeah eco smile
Lord Hades wrote: i always used to like ap so ill try it by that method

okay

i am a bit confused

is the first question an example of bernoulli's trial?
Maths- Gym for Brainiacs  - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQHHBmMUW_WUrRY-IcfHza_zTV6ht46iqYeJBdctTvv3VgXqyXTfIm8TV0D
The question is at junior high level. I know of no JH schools which teach Bernulli's trial eco smile
Lord Hades wrote:is second answer 200?
No Very Happy


Last edited by Kamina on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7221
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Maths- Gym for Brainiacs  - Page 3 Empty Re: Maths- Gym for Brainiacs

Post by Lord Hades Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:31 pm

bit say we dont know who is a troll and non troll.. for eg the guy in the end who said that there are at least 200 trolls , if he is a non troll the answer would be different from the one if he was a troll right?
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3870
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Maths- Gym for Brainiacs  - Page 3 Empty Re: Maths- Gym for Brainiacs

Post by Babun Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:12 pm

Lord Hades wrote:bit say we dont know who is a troll and non troll.. for eg the guy in the end who said that there are at least 200 trolls , if he is a non troll the answer would be different from the one if he was a troll right?
You're on the right track eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7221
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Maths- Gym for Brainiacs  - Page 3 Empty Re: Maths- Gym for Brainiacs

Post by Lord Hades Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:28 pm

Kamina wrote:
Lord Hades wrote:bit say we dont know who is a troll and non troll.. for eg the guy in the end who said that there are at least 200 trolls , if he is a non troll the answer would be different from the one if he was a troll right?
You're on the right track eco smile

yeah but how do i answer the question without knowing how many of the 200 are trolls and non trolls?

does it depend on whether the 200th person is a troll or non- troll in which case there are two answers?
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3870
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Maths- Gym for Brainiacs  - Page 3 Empty Re: Maths- Gym for Brainiacs

Post by Babun Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:04 pm

Lord Hades wrote:
Kamina wrote:
Lord Hades wrote:bit say we dont know who is a troll and non troll.. for eg the guy in the end who said that there are at least 200 trolls , if he is a non troll the answer would be different from the one if he was a troll right?
You're on the right track eco smile

yeah but how do i answer the question without knowing how many of the 200 are trolls and non trolls?

does it depend on whether the 200th person is a troll or non- troll in which case there are two answers?
You just have to focus of the nature of Redoranje's question eco smile For starters, you only know, there're trolls and non trolls but you don't know the exact number of each group eco smile
That's proper maths for you, not the halfbacked pseudo intellectual questions eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7221
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Maths- Gym for Brainiacs  - Page 3 Empty Re: Maths- Gym for Brainiacs

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:24 pm

wow i just found this thread and i love maths

However, This is friggin statistics i hate that... give me pure maths and ill do it

ill guess for the first one you gonna have to use 0.5 somewhere since there are only two outcomes troll and non-trolls and the maximum number of posters are 200... i think this will help you solve it

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 24153
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Maths- Gym for Brainiacs  - Page 3 Empty Re: Maths- Gym for Brainiacs

Post by Lord Hades Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:53 pm

Kamina wrote:Next question, goallegacy troll edition eco smile

Once upon the time, GL had 200 members to start off with. Among them were trolls and non trolls. Trolls, if asked whether they are one, they never said the truth eco smile Non trolls, of course, always stated the truth. Seeing each other posting everyday, all the 200 knew among themselves who is a troll and who isn't eco smile
Redoranje tried to find out how many trolls were present in those days. He made a survey:

1.) He asked, "how many trolls are in GL?", the first one answered " there's at least one troll in GL", the second one said " there're at least 2 trolls in GL" and so on, the last one said " there're at least 200 trolls in GL"...
How many trolls did Redoranje find with his survey? eco smile
(junior high level)


2). Redoranje wasn't satisfied with his first survey. He started a new one with the question " how many trolls are exactly present in GL?"
Again, the first one answered " there's exactly one troll in GL", the second " there're exactly 2 trolls in GL" and so on, the 200th said " there're exactly 200 trolls in GL" eco smile
What were Redoranje's results from his improved survey? eco smile
( logic question, everyone who could count up to 200 is able to answer theoretically)



Lord Hades, if you know the answer, PM me
eco smile


if trolls were asked that were they trolls they would lie right? but redoranje just asked them how many troll are there . so they would also speak the truth right? so the last one said there at least 200 trolls in gl .. assuming that he is speaking the truth 200 is the right answer since ther arent more than 200 members? for the first question?
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3870
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Maths- Gym for Brainiacs  - Page 3 Empty Re: Maths- Gym for Brainiacs

Post by Babun Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:57 pm

Lord Hades wrote:
Kamina wrote:Next question, goallegacy troll edition eco smile

Once upon the time, GL had 200 members to start off with. Among them were trolls and non trolls. Trolls, if asked whether they are one, they never said the truth eco smile Non trolls, of course, always stated the truth. Seeing each other posting everyday, all the 200 knew among themselves who is a troll and who isn't eco smile
Redoranje tried to find out how many trolls were present in those days. He made a survey:

1.) He asked, "how many trolls are in GL?", the first one answered " there's at least one troll in GL", the second one said " there're at least 2 trolls in GL" and so on, the last one said " there're at least 200 trolls in GL"...
How many trolls did Redoranje find with his survey? eco smile
(junior high level)


2). Redoranje wasn't satisfied with his first survey. He started a new one with the question " how many trolls are exactly present in GL?"
Again, the first one answered " there's exactly one troll in GL", the second " there're exactly 2 trolls in GL" and so on, the 200th said " there're exactly 200 trolls in GL" eco smile
What were Redoranje's results from his improved survey? eco smile
( logic question, everyone who could count up to 200 is able to answer theoretically)



Lord Hades, if you know the answer, PM me
eco smile


if trolls were asked that were they trolls they would lie right? but redoranje just asked them how many troll are there . so they would also speak the truth right? so the last one said there at least 200 trolls in gl .. assuming that he is speaking the truth 200 is the right answer since ther arent more than 200 members? for the first question?
No Very Happy To which question do you refer, to the first or second one? eco smile Your assumption should be, there's at least one troll and one non troll. This way, you can't get 200 trolls even if you wanted to eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7221
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Maths- Gym for Brainiacs  - Page 3 Empty Re: Maths- Gym for Brainiacs

Post by Babun Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:05 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:wow i just found this thread and i love maths

However, This is friggin statistics i hate that... give me pure maths and ill do it

ill guess for the first one you gonna have to use 0.5 somewhere since there are only two outcomes troll and non-trolls and the maximum number of posters are 200... i think this will help you solve it

For you,
F(t)=36*e^t /(1+e^t) is a function which describes the bread area mildew covers in time t (t in days).
When does the mildew spread the fastest?
(senior high level)

Post answer and why eco smile


Question for everybody except LH and Halamadrid2:


What's between mountain and valley?

requirements: none eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7221
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Maths- Gym for Brainiacs  - Page 3 Empty Re: Maths- Gym for Brainiacs

Post by Lord Hades Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:28 pm

Kamina wrote:
Lord Hades wrote:
Kamina wrote:Next question, goallegacy troll edition eco smile

Once upon the time, GL had 200 members to start off with. Among them were trolls and non trolls. Trolls, if asked whether they are one, they never said the truth eco smile Non trolls, of course, always stated the truth. Seeing each other posting everyday, all the 200 knew among themselves who is a troll and who isn't eco smile
Redoranje tried to find out how many trolls were present in those days. He made a survey:

1.) He asked, "how many trolls are in GL?", the first one answered " there's at least one troll in GL", the second one said " there're at least 2 trolls in GL" and so on, the last one said " there're at least 200 trolls in GL"...
How many trolls did Redoranje find with his survey? eco smile
(junior high level)


2). Redoranje wasn't satisfied with his first survey. He started a new one with the question " how many trolls are exactly present in GL?"
Again, the first one answered " there's exactly one troll in GL", the second " there're exactly 2 trolls in GL" and so on, the 200th said " there're exactly 200 trolls in GL" eco smile
What were Redoranje's results from his improved survey? eco smile
( logic question, everyone who could count up to 200 is able to answer theoretically)



Lord Hades, if you know the answer, PM me
eco smile


if trolls were asked that were they trolls they would lie right? but redoranje just asked them how many troll are there . so they would also speak the truth right? so the last one said there at least 200 trolls in gl .. assuming that he is speaking the truth 200 is the right answer since ther arent more than 200 members? for the first question?
No Very Happy To which question do you refer, to the first or second one? eco smile Your assumption should be, there's at least one troll and one non troll. This way, you can't get 200 trolls even if you wanted to eco smile

was referring to the first question..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 3870
Join date : 2011-06-07
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

Maths- Gym for Brainiacs  - Page 3 Empty Re: Maths- Gym for Brainiacs

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 27  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum