free_cat
Lord Hades
The Verminator
Gemini
urbaNRoots
31 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Arsene Wenger wanted by Real Madrid [Exclusive] - Page 6 Empty Re: Arsene Wenger wanted by Real Madrid [Exclusive]

Post by Lord Hades Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:49 pm

mou would still be a better bet than those two IMO

Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Arsene Wenger wanted by Real Madrid [Exclusive] - Page 6 Empty Re: Arsene Wenger wanted by Real Madrid [Exclusive]

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:51 pm

rwo power wrote:Löw on the other hand had a big influence on a complete overhaul of the whole German system (not he alone, of course, but he was one of the driving forces). And even if he has more time, he also has less time - a club coach has his players daily for a whole year, while an NT coach only has them for a few weeks.

Moreover, most of the time he has to use the little time to integrate player from different clubs into a working team. Due to Bayern's idea to collect as many NT players as possible, Löw's work is a bit easier, but still he need to integrate Özil, Khedira, the Dortmund guys, Reus, Merte etc.

IMO NT and club coach is a totally different profile, and it is not said that a successful club coach can get an NT working and vice versa. So saying Löw is worse because he didn't have Wenger's club career, is a bit too easy. Look at Capello, on the other hand. Excellent club coach, but can he form the (alleged world class) players of England into a working team? Not really. AS for Weger - I have no idea how he would look as NT coach, but I don't think one can say he'd have instant success due to a better club pedigree.

NT has them for a few weeks, correct. But from a few weeks of training and given the absurd amount of times there is a national game, I would say the time Loew is given, is more than enough to assess the situation and especially given Alemania literally have no weaknesses in the positional basis of there squad. Lets not count out that NT managers have the luxury of time to attend game to observe the players on how they would fit the system. Club managers on the other hand are give less time to perform, have to make quicker decisions, and assess the situation is a far smaller frame of time.

I personally feel if Wenger would jump into the France NT, he would bring instant success given the consistent supply of options onto him in the form of what is provided by the FFF, and of course its players.

Capello? The english players always were rated higher than they should be plus combined with the factor that they were a cluster of egos, along with the infamous english media who make the Spanish media look like a group of saints. This has to be set aside as an exception.

Wenger is revolutionized many aspects of managerial mean. Has Loew done that? No, he has simply done an efficient and impressive with what is a copious amount of reliable resource to him.

I highly respect Loew and carefully observe the German NT out of pure interest.

But lets not get ahead of ourselves.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:05 pm

To be honest, this is really coach (Low) vs manager (Wenger).

Wenger has to do so much more and with all due respect to Low, a far harder task.

He is a coach, just like Low, he is teaching people, putting in tactics and make adjustments..but he also has to sign players, scout (Low also does this of course), plan for an entire season and various other stuff.

Thats not to say, no "coach" can be better than a manager like Wenger, but what it does mean is Wenger has a considerably harder task.

As coaches, its closer, tactically, systems, ideas, changes and so on..you can compare them. But even in that, Wenger has had teams, great teams who played great football and won. He has also done it, without tons of money to throw at problems, but by handpicking low cost-high potential young players.

Again, this is not to say he doesnt have flaws. He obviously has them in terms of buying and not buying players and tactically too, but his resume really should speak for itself. What he has done and how he did it, it really makes this discussion a non starter.

Also, everyone says Wenger wouldnt do as well as Mourinho and that might very well be true. But winning isnt the only thing that matters at Madrid, if it was, he wouldnt be under the pressure he is under right now because in the CL and La Liga he has done more than anyone can ask for this season.

Wenger´s brand of football obviously is a major factor in any intrest. I dont believe there is any, not from Madrid to Wenger and certaintly not Wenger to Madrid, but you can see why its a possible link.

Experienced coach who has won before who understand how to work with young players (which Madrid have) and knows how to get teams playing a fun to watch brand of football regardless of the opponant.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:10 pm

@Franchise, I wouldn't want him right now. Not because I disrespect him or underrate his work in the past, I just think he is too old to start a new legacy at Real Madrid and we won't progress with the ' change the coach each year' mentality eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:17 pm

babun1024 wrote:@Franchise, I wouldn't want him right now. Not because I disrespect him or underrate his work in the past, I just think he is too old to start a new legacy at Real Madrid and we won't progress with the ' change the coach each year' mentality eco smile

No, thats fair. But other people might, because of what I said above.

I actually dont think he would want it and if I was a Madrid fan I probably wouldnt want it either because of the reasons you said.

But when you sack Del Bosque despite winning various things, its very possible for Mou to get chucked out.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6