free_cat
Lord Hades
The Verminator
Gemini
urbaNRoots
31 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Arsene Wenger wanted by Real Madrid [Exclusive] - Page 5 Empty Re: Arsene Wenger wanted by Real Madrid [Exclusive]

Post by rwo power Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:53 pm

Zealous wrote:We offer money but we definitely offer other things RWO ^^
But not what a win of a WC or EC with the national team would mean. In Germany that's an honour far above any club win.

Last edited by rwo power on Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I hate typos, did I mention that?)

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Arsene Wenger wanted by Real Madrid [Exclusive] - Page 5 Empty Re: Arsene Wenger wanted by Real Madrid [Exclusive]

Post by Zealous Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:54 pm

Of course I'm just pointing out that we offer more than just money.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:57 pm

Well, I think *if* Löw would win something with the NT, then he'd certainly look for new challenges. But right now I really can't see him throw away what he helped build up over quite some years.

And BTW, I doubt he'd be sacked even if Germany crashes out in the Euro groups. Everybody understands the difficulty of having to play against the Netherlands, Portugal and Belgium. Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:02 pm

Bah, humbug. We top that group or he gets the sack, FFS! Very Happy
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:04 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Bah, humbug. We top that group or he gets the sack, FFS! Very Happy
I'm convinced we top the group, too, but I still doubt he'd be sacked even if not Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:06 pm

To the German populace here, can you please muster the the explanation on how you feel Loew is better than Wenger?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:09 pm

Arquitecto wrote:To the German populace here, can you please muster the the explanation on how you feel Loew is better than Wenger?

He went from devising a system to implementing it to making it work way faster than Wenger did at Arsenal, and all the while Wenger can just buy players when he's got a hole to stuff in his system, while Löw can only hope that his academies produce a fitting youngster.

Also TBH I get the feeling that by now Wenger thinks his system is more important than actually winning, while Löw came up with his system to win something.

I still think Wenger is great, don't get me wrong, I just think he's not as focused anymore.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:09 pm

Löw better than wenger LOL

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:10 pm

What Viva said.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:11 pm

That's just the thing. Löw will sh*t all over his own system if he thinks it'll help his team grind out a win. I'm not sure Wenger would do that.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:12 pm

And that makes him better?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:13 pm

Moreover, Löw is openly experimenting with unusual formations and set-ups, even if it might cost him a (friendly) match. I think that flexibility is a big positive point in Löw, too.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:14 pm

It makes him more pragmatic and you need that sometimes.

(I still think Arsene is better though)
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:17 pm

and more importantly thoose two have the balls to bench cristina
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:18 pm

Jose Mourinho and Alex Ferguson are secretly women Neutral
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:21 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:To the German populace here, can you please muster the the explanation on how you feel Loew is better than Wenger?

He went from devising a system to implementing it to making it work way faster than Wenger did at Arsenal, and all the while Wenger can just buy players when he's got a hole to stuff in his system, while Löw can only hope that his academies produce a fitting youngster.

Also TBH I get the feeling that by now Wenger thinks his system is more important than actually winning, while Löw came up with his system to win something.

I still think Wenger is great, don't get me wrong, I just think he's not as focused anymore.

Way faster than wenger ?
Arsene changed the Arsenal system within 6 months of joining it, Look at our history, From boring boring Arsenal to All Attacking Arsenal in just 6 months, His new System n Tactics got us in the CL in just few months, Not to mention he won the double in his 1st full season introducting tactics which no one had a clue about in English football.

Wenger can't just buy a player anytime he wants, Low has a better chance of finding a player in German set up than wenger buying a player. Why do you think we are struggling in last few years ?

Additionaly, your feeling is wrong, Wenger's number one aim is STILL to win, He has changed our system about 4 times in last 10 years, He doesn't stick to one thing contrary to the popular opinion
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:25 pm

On topic, Arsenal's last 5 years have really tarnished Wenger's reputation. You can't blame him for not winning anything with the period we have been through post Emirates. He isn't perfect, he has his flaws but Rate him when He has everything, but can't do anything with it.

He beat Barcelona with a team he built with spending less than 50m; Won us trophy after trophy during the times where we could spend how much we wanted.
How can he not do better at Madrid with Unlimited money supply ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:31 pm

I think Wenger has lost it. He has a loser mentality and his training methods are clearly negative for player's fitness. FLO MAKE IT HAPPEN!
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:32 pm

free_cat wrote:I think Wenger has lost it. He has a loser mentality and his training methods are clearly negative for player's fitness. FLO MAKE IT HAPPEN!
I agree with the loser mentality, not sure with the rest tho :/
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:32 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:

Easier said than done.

The pressures of working a system in a club compared to a country should not be compared.

National managers have ample time on there hands to devise a system and plan along with the fact that Loew has far far more choice and selection on his hand than Wenger does atm.

Surely I don't need to allay out the selections Loew has available.

Wenger on the other hands faces the misconception from fans that he has money to spend whereas he actually has very little and has to rely on more on his youth production in which he hand crafted himself.

Wenger thinks his system is more important? We all know he thinks far ahead in terms of long term than anyone, but the myth that he is not striving hard to win something is as mentioned, a myth and dis proven by various if not multiple factors that Arsenal fans here can prove to you.

Loew with all the ample time that a national manager has, doesn't face the weekly pressures that Wenger does, where the latter is literally running the club and calling the majority of the shots. Coming back to Loew, he can rely on the running mill of pure talent that alemania is producing.

Loew at the age of 51-52, who has a managerial career spanning of 18 plus years has shifted between 8 clubs and only has won a DFB Pokal. I don't need to explain Wenger's achievements nor his consistency, and of course, what he has brought as a whole to his club and football.

Wenger coming in at 96 or 97 overhauled his team and won the EPL within the next season and brought Arsenal back on the radar to the upper echelons of English and European football and has been consistent ever since.

His system in football and the other finer aspects is a benchmark for managers who seek for more than results.

Loew has a long way to go before he can even match up to Wenger.

Frankly, this comparison is just incredibly pre-mature.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:40 pm

Löw on the other hand had a big influence on a complete overhaul of the whole German system (not he alone, of course, but he was one of the driving forces). And even if he has more time, he also has less time - a club coach has his players daily for a whole year, while an NT coach only has them for a few weeks.

Moreover, most of the time he has to use the little time to integrate player from different clubs into a working team. Due to Bayern's idea to collect as many NT players as possible, Löw's work is a bit easier, but still he need to integrate Özil, Khedira, the Dortmund guys, Reus, Merte etc.

IMO NT and club coach is a totally different profile, and it is not said that a successful club coach can get an NT working and vice versa. So saying Löw is worse because he didn't have Wenger's club career, is a bit too easy. Look at Capello, on the other hand. Excellent club coach, but can he form the (alleged world class) players of England into a working team? Not really. As for Wenger - I have no idea how he would look as NT coach, but I don't think one can say he'd have instant success due to a better club pedigree.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:42 pm

I think it's important to stress, though, that I still think Wenger is excellent. I just think Löw has a fresher aproach, of course it's difficult to judge, they're in hugely different positions, but what Löw has done over the past 4 years has just been epic.

You guys have to remember that Germans thought of our NT as pretty much shit since about 2000.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:44 pm

if wenger took charge he wouldnt spend like a mass troll
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:46 pm

Viva, rwo and the other party eco smile
Managing a club team and managing a NT are two totally different matters. They require completely diverse approaches. Now, Löw didn't manage a club team, yet, so the comparison alone is utter nonsense. Same with Wenger, we don't know how he'd fare as a NT coach eco smile
(Viva, you got baited by Arq eco smile)

Back on topic eco smile

kiranr wrote:
Mourinho saying "i am going to leave Madrid in the Summer", if a lie, is worthy of suing in my opinion.

I dont think there is a provision for publishing crap if you are a tabloid.

Kinrar a bandwagoner?

He is rumored to support 3 different clubs: Farca, Real Madrid and Arsenal. An undisclosed source close to him meantions that he (Kinrar) would jump on the bandwagon of any attacking team actually and those three clubs appeal to him the most.
Interestingly enough, most Farca fan surge took place after 2009. Whether Kinrar belongs to the bunch remains a mystery...
Arsene Wenger wanted by Real Madrid [Exclusive] - Page 5 Tumblr_lraysqU8cl1ql85eto1_500
free_cat wrote:I think Wenger has lost it. He has a loser mentality and his training methods are clearly negative for player's fitness. FLO MAKE IT HAPPEN!
free_cat, why the Wenger hate? eco smile He gifted many memorable victories to Farca and boosted Messi's stats in CL eco smile

Last edited by babun1024 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:48 pm

So much disrespect shown to Wenger from both sets of La Liga louts who have a free ride in a fancy car

I wouldn't want Wenger at either club, tarnishing his legacy by joining the ring leaders of the La Liga cirque du soleil
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:49 pm

mou would still be a better bet than those two IMO
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next