djoe26
Eman
Raptorgunner
The Verminator
REWB
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

should arshavin even be second choice? Empty should arshavin even be second choice?

Post by REWB Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:01 pm

first off all id like to say that i told you chamberlin should start ahead of arshavin, there were still a few doubters. but should he even be second choice? i think its time also to give ryo and park a chance. arshavin should be reduced to the reserves from now on until we sell him in the summer.

imo we would of drew or won the game if arshavin didnt come on
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

should arshavin even be second choice? Empty Re: should arshavin even be second choice?

Post by The Verminator Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:04 pm

I don't even know what to say about Shava anymore. I used to support him big time. Now......
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

should arshavin even be second choice? Empty Re: should arshavin even be second choice?

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:07 pm

This guys should be sold now, disgraceful. Should never ever play again for Arsenal.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:09 pm

AOC coming off was a ridiculous decision, and the lack of his presence *bleep* us, but it's not like Arshavin lost us that game. He didn't do much, he shouldn't have came on, but rot in the reserves? No.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:11 pm

Lets wait and see what Wenger has to say about him replacing AOC.

And i dont know what to say about him anymore. I think Ryo can play better than him.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:17 pm

Eman wrote:AOC coming off was a ridiculous decision, and the lack of his presence *bleep* us, but it's not like Arshavin lost us that game. He didn't do much, he shouldn't have came on, but rot in the reserves? No.

lol were else then? ryo/park>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>him so only place for him is reserves.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:20 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
Eman wrote:AOC coming off was a ridiculous decision, and the lack of his presence *bleep* us, but it's not like Arshavin lost us that game. He didn't do much, he shouldn't have came on, but rot in the reserves? No.

lol were else then? ryo/park>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>him so only place for him is reserves.
We honestly have no evidence to suggest that Ryo is better than him, and what did Park of all people do more than Arshavin exactly? Like I said, Arshavin didn't do anything, but not many people did tbh once AOC was off. Arshavin shouldn't be the scapegoat.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:23 pm

I love Arshavin but I think it's time to part ways.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:25 pm

HE MADE the mistake at the back by being so goddam poor in the challenge. if a player is not good enough fine...BUT IF A PLAYER SHOWS NO DESIRE!!! then i find it a disgrace for people to defend him.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:37 pm

Arshavin doesn't have to desire to play...he said before that he hates London....
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:38 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:HE MADE the mistake at the back by being so goddam poor in the challenge. if a player is not good enough fine...BUT IF A PLAYER SHOWS NO DESIRE!!! then i find it a disgrace for people to defend him.
He got beaten by a winger in a one-on-one with no support, then backtracked and won a last-ditch tackle (running more than anybody, despite having "no desire"), but was only able to poke the ball away and it fell to a player that our defence was not marking. There isn't a winger on our team who would have done more than that - that's not to say he didn't mess up in the initial challenge, but he's not a defender, so what he did do was about as much as we should expect from a winger.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:17 pm

Eman wrote:
RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:HE MADE the mistake at the back by being so goddam poor in the challenge. if a player is not good enough fine...BUT IF A PLAYER SHOWS NO DESIRE!!! then i find it a disgrace for people to defend him.
He got beaten by a winger in a one-on-one with no support, then backtracked and won a last-ditch tackle (running more than anybody, despite having "no desire"), but was only able to poke the ball away and it fell to a player that our defence was not marking. There isn't a winger on our team who would have done more than that - that's not to say he didn't mess up in the initial challenge, but he's not a defender, so what he did do was about as much as we should expect from a winger.

you need to watch the man utd wingers more mate, arshavins poor defending have made you think that thats the norm or something.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:23 pm

Arshavin should be in Russia.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:23 pm

Such a pathetic decision to bring him on. Embarrassing decision. Mad
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:30 pm

It's understandable since Arshavin is not good at defending, but then that begs the questions of why put him into that sort of situation in the first place. Wenger knows he's not going to be much help. He also knows the need to track back would still be there.

So bringing on Arshavin is a bit illogical.

At this point, it really can't hurt to give Miyaichi a go. Chamberlain should start the next game for being excellent today. Perhaps a bit more youthul enthusiaism may galvanise our attack.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:34 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:you need to watch the man utd wingers more mate, arshavins poor defending have made you think that thats the norm or something.
Your initial point was that Arshavin was showing no effort, and that's why you were annoyed with him, but what I'm saying is that he did show effort. Maybe he isn't great at defending all the time, but he tried is my point, so I don't see why you're angry with him specifically.

Anyway, our only winger who can defend appears to be Gervinho.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:53 pm

No matter what he did or not vs utd !i'm talking as always in general 4him n some others who should leave imo..( as ever ,based on their performances)....he's been a fantastic player but no longer! Wink

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:01 pm

Eman wrote:
RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:you need to watch the man utd wingers more mate, arshavins poor defending have made you think that thats the norm or something.
Your initial point was that Arshavin was showing no effort, and that's why you were annoyed with him, but what I'm saying is that he did show effort. Maybe he isn't great at defending all the time, but he tried is my point, so I don't see why you're angry with him specifically.

Anyway, our only winger who can defend appears to be Gervinho.

nah man, seriously watch it again, with more desire he would have got that ball. he was jogging around and challenging with no aggression or nothing.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:20 pm

He is half arsed attempt to defend was embarrassing and pathetic, this just sums up Arshavin. A gifted player but his lack of desire and passion just beggers belief really :facepalm:
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:31 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:nah man, seriously watch it again, with more desire he would have got that ball. he was jogging around and challenging with no aggression or nothing.
gunnerlistick wrote:He is half arsed attempt to defend was embarrassing and pathetic, this just sums up Arshavin. A gifted player but his lack of desire and passion just beggers belief really :facepalm:

Go to 1:50 of the video. Arshavin puts his head down and chases Valencia back the moment he gets beat, stays at his side to pressure him as Valencia goes 1-v-1 with Vermaelen, and then remains with him when the others back off. He is also the only guy to attempt and win a challenge. I guess Vermaelen and Song have no desire either, right? :coffee:
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:48 pm

Eman wrote:
RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:nah man, seriously watch it again, with more desire he would have got that ball. he was jogging around and challenging with no aggression or nothing.
gunnerlistick wrote:He is half arsed attempt to defend was embarrassing and pathetic, this just sums up Arshavin. A gifted player but his lack of desire and passion just beggers belief really :facepalm:

Go to 1:50 of the video. Arshavin puts his head down and chases Valencia back the moment he gets beat, stays at his side to pressure him as Valencia goes 1-v-1 with Vermaelen, and then remains with him when the others back off. He is also the only guy to attempt and win a challenge. I guess Vermaelen and Song have no desire either, right? :coffee:

straight away when Valencia got the ball he should have closed him down tighter and denied the space, he could of even fouled him ffs. just kick him, pounch him ffs, just dont let him get into the box. once valencia got into the box it was too late, it was now very hard to defend, what could verm and song do except jocky? they ddint want to risk a peno.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:54 pm

Agree with Jay, Ryo might as well get a run now.

Otherwise he should go out on loan.

Wenger said on Friday, he hasn't decided yet.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:50 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:straight away when Valencia got the ball he should have closed him down tighter and denied the space, he could of even fouled him ffs. just kick him, pounch him ffs, just dont let him get into the box. once valencia got into the box it was too late, it was now very hard to defend, what could verm and song do except jocky? they ddint want to risk a peno.
So Arshavin mistakenly thinking that Valencia was going to cross the ball and jumping to block it = he is lazy? He made one poor decision, but it's not like he slowly jogged back and did nothing afterwards like you earlier suggested.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:00 pm

I have to admit that Shava's challenge was very poor. I mean yea Valencia tricked him into thinking he was gonna cross it but he wasn't even very convincing that he was gonna cross it.

But you also got blame Song too. He completely moved away from Valencia thinking that he would pass to someone but he was in no mans land. That was very poor from him too.
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:55 am

The Verminator wrote:I have to admit that Shava's challenge was very poor. I mean yea Valencia tricked him into thinking he was gonna cross it but he wasn't even very convincing that he was gonna cross it.

But you also got blame Song too. He completely moved away from Valencia thinking that he would pass to someone but he was in no mans land. That was very poor from him too.

oh song dont get me started, dont think i've forgot about him. i haven't, ill be making a thread about what i think about him tomorrow. good player but there's things about him i personally dislike.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum