Post by Sri Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:32 pm

No :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Arshavin: flop or not Empty Re: Arshavin: flop or not

Post by EL Patron Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:36 pm

If he din't get us top four....i would consider him a flop but he has done alright just a lack of consistency.

No one should use the position thing as an excuse...a player of Arshavin's talent should be able to play there
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:43 pm

Arshivan we love the guy, once a while he produces magic. :shisha:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:49 pm

Can the admins can change the title:its 'flop' and I guess it wasn't noticed.....quite misleading.....I thought 'twas some exclusive slang used in Arsenal sub-forum Laughing

Arshavin cannot be definitely regarded as flop,he has helped Arsenal immensely and I still consider him to be one of the most stylish players around...

The problem with Arsha and Chamakh is that they both are confidence players.When they are in form,they're really good but when they are bad,they're really bad.If Arsha can get back his confidence,which he must have after his virtuoso display vs. Bolton,he can contribute well....and give his best,like he did last year vs. Aston Villa.
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:55 pm

Arshivan has been a good buy and did help us many games last season and the season he was bought. He is still a great player with great vision, if we go back in time I would still buy him.Arshavin: flop or not Arshavin-Liverpool2-2Arsenal
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:00 pm

don't think Wenger motivates him proprely...certain players need a good bollocking to perform well, Arshavin seems like one of those guys.

Wenger just shows him way too much respect
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:02 pm

Nope definitely not a flop
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:03 pm

gunnerlistick wrote:don't think Wenger motivates him proprely...certain players need a good bollocking to perform well, Arshavin seems like one of those guys.

Arshivan is a grown man and is the captain of Russia I dont think he needs anyone to tell him anything. Arshavin knows what he is doing and so far he has been great.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:05 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
gunnerlistick wrote:don't think Wenger motivates him proprely...certain players need a good bollocking to perform well, Arshavin seems like one of those guys.

Arshivan is a grown man and is the captain of Russia I dont think he needs anyone to tell him anything. Arshavin knows what he is doing and so far he has been great.

yeah but a player of his talent can't be this inconsistent heck even Dirk kuyt has been more consistent than Arshavin Smile plus his fitness is just embarrassing for a football player let alone a captain
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by gunner1987 Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:06 pm

nope, not a flop

quite the character, though... and at this stage in his Arsenal career, I think he is best suited coming off the bench. He really doesn't have the work rate to last all game... But, bring him on in the last 20-25 mins when we need a spark... perfect!

gunner1987
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:12 pm

not a flop

he was worth all the money we spent on him.... he got us CL which paid for his fee
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:14 pm

Just for his goal against Barca, he is not. lol

on topic, as someone said, if i had to go back, i would still purchase him.
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:47 pm

Now the catch is if Anzhi/Some random Rich club comes up with a fat offer for Arshavin,will you let him go or not?
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:20 pm

Andrei Arshavin's stats since joining Arsenal:

08/09 - P15 G6 A9
09/10 - P39 G12 A7
10/11 - P52 G10 A17

Total: P114 G29 A33

Now consider that he's been playing out of position since he's got here, would you say those are particular bad statistics? I wouldn't. They're certainly not stats of a flop.

In terms of consistency, he's been disappointing and because of that, he's not cemented himself as one of the league's best players as he should be. But, in terms of producivity and scoring important goals, he's been very good.

As for whether we should sell him if an offer comes: I say yes, only because I think we need to freshen up the left wing a bit with a more consistent player.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:44 pm

Statistically speaking, even when he is having an off season, this guy racks up some good numbers on assists and goals! You can't expect magic everday from this guy..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:59 pm

Anyway, the only annoying thing about him is his fitness lol. for someone who dreams of playing for barca (those guys are insanely fit, probably on drugs) his fitness is appaling to say the least
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:23 pm

@gunnerslick;
positioning is an excuse for him dude. Is it any coincidence that his best performance for a log time now, came when he played behind the striker? No it's not a coincidence.

Shava has a hard time running up and down the flanks, he is not a very fit player, yet we are asking him to do quite a bit of running. So he isnt gonna do very well on the flanks. + hes not very consistent.
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:40 pm

underperformer but not a flop
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:47 pm

The Verminator wrote:@gunnerslick;
positioning is an excuse for him dude. Is it any coincidence that his best performance for a log time now, came when he played behind the striker? No it's not a coincidence.

Shava has a hard time running up and down the flanks, he is not a very fit player, yet we are asking him to do quite a bit of running. So he isnt gonna do very well on the flanks. + hes not very consistent.

so he gets paid all that money not to be fit ??....all footballers should be fit they are athlete after all, Figo,Ronaldinho all these players were attacking midfielder in the number ten mould yet they played on the wing and performed well because they were extremely talented.

So i don't see why Arshavin should use the position as an excuse
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:52 pm

The Verminator wrote:@gunnerslick;

LOL WUT?! Not sure if serious!

I'm not buying that for one moment. The guy trains exactly the same way as his peers. So the whole fitness nonsense, I'm not buying it!

However, Arshavin sits somewhere between a good buy and a flop. It's that simple. A lot of the time, he doesn't turn up for big games, it's as simple as that. Ok, so he plays slightly out of position; but he's hardly playing defensive midfield as opposed to Central attacking. He isn't getting any younger, so I say cash in on him when the opportunity arises.
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:10 am

Arshavin is just lazy. Full stop. When he was playing in his preferred role for Zenit and Russia, that wasn't much of an issue but playing out wide requires some amount of work rate.

Unfortunately, Wenger doesn't seem to like the idea of playing two offensive wingers, a no.10 and a striker and so Arshavin wound on the flanks. You'd have thought by now he had grown accustomed to the role and its demmands, but since he's so inconsistent that doesn't seem like the case.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:39 am

Arshavin's Arsenal career: Played119 Scored 30 Assisted 34.

Like Jay said earlier these stats for a guy playing out of position are very very decent.

Do I consider Arshavin a flop? No. His stats are too impressive and he hasn't always started games so his appearances also include 5-20 minute cameos so his goals/assists to game ratio would be even more impressive if based on starts.

The stand-out memories; Scoring 4 at Anfield, Scoring an over-head kick at Wigan, Scoring v Barcelona, Scoring great strike at Old Trafford. And ones that people forget...such as his brilliant display v Aston Villa in 4-2 last season when he linked up with Rosicky, Nasri + Chamakh brilliantly.

Of course, times when he plays like he just can't do it anymore (like against Marseille) I get angry but I think the goods out-way the bads, meaning he is not a flop.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:19 am

Arsène Wenger says that Andrey Arshavin is a vital part of his squad.

The Russian forward showed his quality with a fine display in the 2-1 Carling Cup victory over Bolton on Tuesday night, scoring one and setting up the second for Ju Young Park to turn the Fourth-Round tie on its head.

Arshavin starred in a roving central role behind the South Korean striker and Wenger admits he is more comfortable in that position.

“I believe that he is more at ease now in a more central role because if he is on the flanks it is very physical and you have to defend a lot,” the manager told Arsenal Player. “That's not always his strongest part in the game.

You can see that in the future he can be a very influential player behind the striker.

Arshavin has sometimes struggled to hit the heights of his dazzling debut season in an Arsenal shirt but Wenger has never doubted the 30-year-old’s qualities.

This guy is an absolutely top class player but something somewhere gets people a little bit reluctant sometimes.

“You look at his assists and goals scored and he is always among the best. He can come on and have an impact, he can start and have an impact - Andrey is an impact player.”

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:28 pm

The problem with Arsha and Chamakh is that they both are confidence players.When they are in form,they're really good but when they are bad,they're really bad.If Arsha can get back his confidence,which he must have after his virtuoso display vs. Bolton,he can contribute well....and give his best,like he did last year vs. Aston Villa.

The stand-out memories; Scoring 4 at Anfield, Scoring an over-head kick at Wigan, Scoring v Barcelona, Scoring great strike at Old Trafford. And ones that people forget...such as his brilliant display v Aston Villa in 4-2 last season when he linked up with Rosicky, Nasri + Chamakh brilliantly.

Arshavin's good performances were so few last season,I guess everyone will remember all his good performances Very Happy
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next