Welcome Gary

+2
Soul
Kick
6 posters

Go down

Welcome Gary Empty Welcome Gary

Post by Kick Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:07 am

I am going to be homest, when Spurs and Gooners were trying to sign him at the start of the season I laughed, I didn't think he was good enough for either, I had faith in our defenders and knew if we needed another we could always do better.

Throughout the season he did nothing to change my opinion of this and I always thought he would end up at Spurs.

When we were linked with him in december I said to myself, we can do better, I won't be happy if we sign him. When the deal was struck with Bolton I couldn't help but thinking why? Sure he is English but I don't think this move benefits anyone, he will rot on the bench, lose his England place, we get a poor defender, Bolton get half the money they were asking for in August. There is no win here.

When he signed I was still unconvinced, until I came to the realisation, the club chose him, generally on low budget transfers we do well for ourselfs, Lampard, Sturridge, Cech, Cole and Mata* to name a few. Gary may not be starting Material right now but he is able to learn, has the club behind him and has low expectations compared to say David Luiz. I know thoroughly believe Cahill can do well at this club and succeed our expectations of him. I have done a total U-turn from my original opinion of him. Good luck Gary, Welcome to SW6.

Welcome Gary Cahill_24_2110476b

* I consider Mata to be worth much more than what we paid for him so in my eyes he was low budget.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Welcome Gary Empty Re: Welcome Gary

Post by Soul Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:47 am

I share your views; I don't really see him as a person who'd be a great boost to our season but given the fact he is English, and Alex is out, we'd have more room for a foreign player. Hazard <3

Personally, I'd have bought a Right Back and make Ivanovic a replacement for Alex.
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:31 am

I am fine with Ivanovic at RB for now, personally I would go for a versatile RB who can also play on RW, such as Isla.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:37 am

I'm not overly fussed either way, if he does well then i'm happy but if he doesn't then we haven't paid alot so haven't lost much. In regards to Ivanovic though I much prefer him at RB compared to CB. Hopefully we can bring out the best in Cahill Very Happy
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:33 pm

I'm fine as long as he is Alex's replacement, i still prefer Ivanovic or Luiz to him
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:39 pm

Luiz was very good against Norwich. Feeling the competition maybe? Razz
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:25 am

Right so I am bumping this thread as I eat Humble pie.

When Gary got injured today I was pleading with the TV for him to be ok. If you had told me when I wrote this that I was going to plead for him to be ok I eould have laughed at you.

I have been very impressed with him and look forward to seeing him in blue for years to come.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:33 am

He has been impressive, I cant remember what I thought of him when he first came... I guess i was way too depressed about Chelsea at that time? Cant remember...
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:42 am

Very composed, sturdy and reliable in defence.

An amazing purchase.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:33 am

Thought I'd bump this thread in appreciation for his services

Didn't think he'd turn out this well. Really thought he was just another over hyped English player but he was really important for us last season

I think it's a dream come true for him as well. From battling relegation with Bolton to starting the Champions League Final
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:08 am

Yeah I'm delighted with him.

Seems like a quality bloke, solid player and for the price a bargain really. I think he conducts himself really well in interviews aswell, I enjoy hearing him speak/be interviewed.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:30 am

I think it's also gotten to the point where he could well be our future captain too.

Cahill cheers
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:48 pm

Gary Cahill wrote:It has been frustrating for me at times this season, I'm not going to lie - like on Tuesday night in the Champions League, the rotating.

I think you can accept it if you are playing the same amount of games as everybody else. That's the only way you can come to terms with it.

It seems to have gone well. But it's gone well whatever pairings have been put out.

I've done well with JT or David. I enjoy playing with both.

Source: SkySports via Sunday Mirror

It's obvious he'll be frustrated with the rotation after being the captain of another team. A huge bump in pay check, European football and good consistent performances not enough?
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:29 pm

He should just be patient and wait for JT to hang his boots,another season rotating wont hurt.And its not like he isn't playing at all....The CL final alone is huge enough
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down