BarcaKizz
_LMG_10_
Mr Nick09
El Blanco
The Franchise
40 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Lets discuss Sanchez for a minute - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets discuss Sanchez for a minute

Post by free_cat Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:03 pm

billy_gr wrote:he is... he just is

No, he isn't.

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
free_cat wrote:
billy_gr wrote:Sanchez is below Pedro in dribbling?
Seriously???

At least they are on the same level. None of them dribbles much. Don't let him being flashy cloud your judgement. When has Sanchez dribled someone this season aside from Marcelo in the Super Cup?

Sanchez told his friend an anecdote. He was in one of his first days training, and wanted to show off and make a good impression. As such, he tried to dribble past 5 players and almost did it. Iniesta approaches him and, in a friendly gesture, tells him "Alexis, here at Barcelona, the best player is the one that has the ball the least". Alexis told his friend that ever since then he'll never try that again. As a result he is now more of a team player.

The same commentator that told this story also commented that Alexis was on instructions that he can dribble up to one player and then he has to pass, by Pep's instructions. I'm not sure if this is a fact or not, but looking at him play the last match it definitely fit what he was trying to do.

So it's not that he can't dribble, or he's bad at it, it's just that he's been told to cut it down. He's an excellent dribbler.

He doesn't drible up to one player, he just doesn't drible.

free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Lets discuss Sanchez for a minute - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets discuss Sanchez for a minute

Post by JAY-Z Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:13 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
free_cat wrote:
billy_gr wrote:Sanchez is below Pedro in dribbling?
Seriously???

At least they are on the same level. None of them dribbles much. Don't let him being flashy cloud your judgement. When has Sanchez dribled someone this season aside from Marcelo in the Super Cup?

:bow: Iniesta

Sanchez told his friend an anecdote. He was in one of his first days training, and wanted to show off and make a good impression. As such, he tried to dribble past 5 players and almost did it. Iniesta approaches him and, in a friendly gesture, tells him "Alexis, here at Barcelona, the best player is the one that has the ball the least". Alexis told his friend that ever since then he'll never try that again. As a result he is now more of a team player.

The same commentator that told this story also commented that Alexis was on instructions that he can dribble up to one player and then he has to pass, by Pep's instructions. I'm not sure if this is a fact or not, but looking at him play the last match it definitely fit what he was trying to do.

So it's not that he can't dribble, or he's bad at it, it's just that he's been told to cut it down. He's an excellent dribbler.
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:24 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
"Alexis, here at Barcelona, the best player is the one that has the ball the least".

Valdes :bow:
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:31 pm

yes he is... I can do it all day
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:43 pm

We could of realisticlly got Rossi or Aguero for the price Sanchez cost us

and yes I am mad
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:51 pm

I don’t see how Rossi would have been better employed on the wings
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:52 pm

windkick wrote:We could of realisticlly got Rossi or Aguero for the price Sanchez cost us

and yes I am mad
No we couldn't have. Alexis cost us 26M. Rossi wasn't leaving for under 30M and Aguero cost City 45M.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:18 pm

I don't know what you guys think but i fear from Sanchez more than Pedro. this Chilean kid is so agile, he does some amazing stuff with the ball that Pedro would dream about them.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:24 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
windkick wrote:We could of realisticlly got Rossi or Aguero for the price Sanchez cost us

and yes I am mad
No we couldn't have. Alexis cost us 26M. Rossi wasn't leaving for under 30M and Aguero cost City 45M.
Actually it is 41 milion considering the add ons
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:26 pm

If what BC says is true I'd like to see what Sanchez is like unrestricted dribbling hmm because he hasn't really showed his dribbling skills that much here at barca so far.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:27 pm

Sanchez can dribble: go watch any Chile game.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:31 pm

Adit wrote:Actually it is 41 milion considering the add ons
Which haven't been payed and depend upon the team performance.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:32 pm

I guess once he settles in, he will be unleashed...
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:34 pm

Sanchez is playing it safe at Barca. I watched him in Udinese quite a bit. He was much more superior there because of his freedom and his role within that team.

Also, he had the 2nd most dribbles in Serie A 2010-2011.

And in terms of successful dribbles, according to castrol, "Sánchez has completed 66 out of 117 dribbles in this Serie A campaign, the highest ratio amongst players who have attempted more than 100 so far (56%)."

http://www.castrolfootball.com/article/2011/03/08//4909D6C6-497B-11E0-A662-3AFA29262B51.php

In Barcelona, he keeps improving with each game. In the few games he has played, he has been one of the key players.

However, I think he needs to seriously improve his decision-making and crossing.
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:39 pm

Well, the lets hold off the discussion part clearly couldnt wait lol

Anyways, lets move on.

Seems like Aguero is the main guy people wanted instead of him.

So lets go, why would Aguero be better for us than Sanchez?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:41 pm

the main issue is that Aguero like many of the names mentioned, plays centrally.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:45 pm

My thoughts exactly. Do people honestly believe he was going to play outwide on the left and score the same amount he is scoring now?

Is he even faster than Sanchez, I dont think he is. I think a better dribbler, but faster and effective on the wings?

I love Aguero, but I need some convincing that he would be a better fit thats for sure.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:50 pm

However I do think there is a difference between playing wide forward in a 433 or 343 and playing wide in a 4231, which is what most teams do.

I hazard the guess that he would have adapted to a role in your team, because you play with 3 real forwards. Even if they have to track back a little, they are forwards more than they are wingers.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:57 pm

Nick just ended the debate Laughing

The reason i have always preferred Sanchez over Aguero is because he fits what Barca need in a wide player more than Aguero ever will.....

Aguero is a fantastic player but out wide he's a bit meh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:01 pm

No question about that, the goal threat they pose is more important the the creativity they provide wide.

However, with Villa and Pedro, you have that. Isnt Sanchez a different kind of player? Isnt that a good thing?

I find the lack of general feeling towards Sanchez strange. He played key roles in 3 goals vs Betis, but it barely was mentioned.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:03 pm

In fact goal.com said it was cuenca that passed the ball to Fab for his chance which in turn led to Xavi's goal. :facepalm:

Not sure if they edited it now.

O wait, it's still not edited: http://www.goal.com/en-gb/match/63099/barcelona-vs-betis/report
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:20 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Nice anecdote man. Actually it's all about the right decision making - when to pass, when to dribble and when to shoot and that is one aspect in which even the world's best player can improve a little more.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:28 pm

The Franchise wrote:
So lets go, why would Aguero be better for us than Sanchez?

Quite simple I think. Our forward line is in a mess right now and easily the worst since Pep took over. What we needed most is a finisher. Aguero may have been the best fit since he can finish and shoot very well and has good movement. Yes there were doubts if he could adapt to the wings but I think Pep and the team would have found a way and besides he would have tried really hard himself. Having said that Alexis in the last match showed that he can finish and thus perhaps he will do more for us in that aspect in future. He clearly deserves more time before we can pass a verdict on him. The problem is he has unfortunately come at a time when we don't have enough options and he is required to deliver immediately. In other aspects I guess Alexis gives us almost everything Aguero could have given us but Aguero is probably a little better technically.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:30 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:However I do think there is a difference between playing wide forward in a 433 or 343 and playing wide in a 4231, which is what most teams do.

I hazard the guess that he would have adapted to a role in your team, because you play with 3 real forwards. Even if they have to track back a little, they are forwards more than they are wingers.

I agree. Sanchez will be far more useful to Barcelona than Aguero. As Franchise noted Aguero naturally drifts into the middle, and with Barcelona already struggling for width when Pedro and Affelay were injured (leading to Cuenca's rise), Aguero and Cesc playing would esentially mean that Barcelona have no width. For me the main hob of the forwards at Barcelona are to create space for Messi with their runs. Aguero will just be in his space and will force Messi to drop deeper like he did in the 3- 1 Classico.

Sanchez is a mixed bag of tricks, he is one of the few players that has pace, good close control and is direct.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:34 pm

The Franchise wrote:No question about that, the goal threat they pose is more important the the creativity they provide wide.

However, with Villa and Pedro, you have that. Isnt Sanchez a different kind of player? Isnt that a good thing?

I find the lack of general feeling towards Sanchez strange. He played key roles in 3 goals vs Betis, but it barely was mentioned.

1. First point is totally acceptable.

2. This is really worth noting. When the signing was being planned no one knew that Pedro would go terribly off form and Villa would first lose form and then fitness as well. If we knew all that we should and most likely would have gone for Aguero or some other player with very high goal returns.

3. Yes I commend Alexis for the game against Betis. It's probably his best contribution for us so far and gives us hope for the future. Feelings against him were generated due to that Espanyol game but he has made up somewhat for it. All I would say right now is wait and watch since it's too early to deliver a verdict.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:55 pm

jibers wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:However I do think there is a difference between playing wide forward in a 433 or 343 and playing wide in a 4231, which is what most teams do.

I agree. Sanchez will be far more useful to Barcelona than Aguero. As Franchise noted Aguero naturally drifts into the middle, and with Barcelona already struggling for width when Pedro and Affelay were injured (leading to Cuenca's rise), Aguero and Cesc playing would esentially mean that Barcelona have no width. For me the main hob of the forwards at Barcelona are to create space for Messi with their runs. Aguero will just be in his space and will force Messi to drop deeper like he did in the 3- 1 Classico.

Sanchez is a mixed bag of tricks, he is one of the few players that has pace, good close control and is direct.
Actually Main job of barca Inside forwards are to break the offside trap and score goals.

in last clasico Messi played more as a 10.Hence deeper.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next