BarcaKizz
_LMG_10_
Mr Nick09
El Blanco
The Franchise
40 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Lets discuss Sanchez for a minute - Page 6 Empty Re: Lets discuss Sanchez for a minute

Post by The Franchise Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:36 pm

To say Pedro is better than Sanchez, thata fine. I am not 100% on that yet, but I see the logic and thats fair.

But to say Pedro has been better this season would be down right disrespectful.

When Pedro scored 3 games in a row wake me up, Sanchez has scored 7 times games in a row.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Lets discuss Sanchez for a minute - Page 6 Empty Re: Lets discuss Sanchez for a minute

Post by free_cat Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:40 am

I will say again that I'm pleased with Alexis performance. I'm only dissapointed that Alexis is not the player they sold us. They sold us he was a world class dribler, goalscoring creator and very fast. And that's far from true. He has good touch, he is fast, but not that much, and has great work rate. So far he has also been quite good when it comes to goalscoring, but nothing that other Barça forwards haven't done before, and most of them better.

On the announced qualities, he failed. Even Tello dribles better than Alexis Sanchez as proved yesterday and is probably faster too. Cuenca ins't faster but he too dribles better than Sanchez.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:50 am

Who is they?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:01 pm

The Franchise wrote:Who is they?

The press, Udinese representatives, Italian fans in this forum, Inmaculate_mole and the people who chose Alexis as the best player in Serie A, which he obviously wasn't.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:25 pm

Well didnt he win that award for best player?

And you can understand why people said those things, because we was doing those things in Serie A.

And now, its not like he is trying to dribble and failing, he isnt even trying. He seems content in running in behind and using his dribbling to get out of tight spaces rather then going in the 1 v 1.

Even Pep says he is great in the 1 v 1, so there must be some truth to it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:49 pm

The Franchise wrote:Well didnt he win that award for best player?

He won that award, which it shows either those who awarded it know nothing about football or that italian football quality is lame if Alexis was really the best player in Italy (which he wasn't IMO).

Can't drible, can't create or isn't fast until he proves it.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:53 pm

no way alexis was the best player in serie a last season lol

Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:55 pm

Right. Well I doubt none of us are really qualified to say if he was or was not the best, it would take watching a TON lot of Udinese which I can say I did not.

By the way, you can argue he cant dribble untill he proves it. Its wrong because he has already done that, because things outside Barca do count but its somewhat reasonable.

But to say he cant create is horsecrap, because he has created goals for us, Messi especially.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:57 pm

Nes-T33 wrote:no way alexis was the best player in serie a last season lol

I think he won the award, thats all that was said.

And, his improvement did seem to have a knock on effect in that his team went from relegation battlers to 4th.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:02 pm

di natale was better than him,so was hernanes if youre going to judge players who lead meh teams
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:08 pm

Nes-T33 wrote:di natale was better than him,so was hernanes if youre going to judge players who lead meh teams

Well Di Natale was the same player the year before and they still sucked, not untill Alexis became the player he became did they travel up the table.

I am sure those in charge recognised that when making the decision.

Hernanes didnt lead a team from as low as Udinese's was to as high as it finished.

You can see why Alexis won it tbh. Well, I can anyway.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:21 pm

Alexis standout player of Serie A last season..without a question..

Udinese lost 4 out of 5 games when he got injured and incidently those were the remaining few games of the season which would've decided Udinese's cl fate but then subsequently Sanchez recovered and they sealed Cl qualification..Prior to that they went on an amazing streak winning loads of games on the road and he scored when it mattered against big teams..

He wouldnt win 2011 Serie A player of the season for nothing.lol..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:23 pm

In my opinion, Sanchez is better than Pedrito in every aspect except for being a killer goalscorer. A topfit Pedro is probably one of the most stone cold finishers out there. Too bad he's been out of form for quite a while now. I just don't understand though, free_cat, why you dislike Sanchez so much. He's been at the club for half a year and already made an impact with some good goals. His workrate has been great. Pedro obviously has far more experience at playing in this team and league so directly comparing a topfit Pedro to this Sanchez (who is also younger) is not really fair in my opinion. Let's give him another year and see how he has performed. I think that an attaching line-up with Sanchez, Messi and Pedro (all in top form) would be epic.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:11 pm

Hell, even Adriano dribbles better than him, for us atleast.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:14 pm

1. I think the best player in Serie A in 2010-11 should probably have been Thiago Silva.

2. Can someone explain to me why if Alexis was so important to Udinese, they are still managing to do so well without him?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:03 pm

Because the entire team grew with the success they gained and players like Isla, Pablo Armero and some others have become very good players.

I think the fact when Sanchez became a "star" they went from relegation fighting to 4th isnt luck.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:40 pm

Poor Sanchez, Pep made the right signing for once but... Laughing
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:57 pm

Well I think Sanchez is adapting still and his position and role at Barca must be quite different to his at Udinese. So often hes up front center as the lone strikers pulling opposition defenses out. Sometimes hes left or right.... teams parking the bus also doesnt help dribbling success, so I think these are some of the reasons hes performed differently than Serie A obviously. Im very happy with him though, just more final balls and goals would be it Razz

And regarding Di Natali, can someone explain to me if he is really that good? He looks average whenever I watch him, for Italy for example...I know Udinese build their team around him and he scores tons of goals from them so he must have his qualities...but I just dont regard him very highly...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:13 pm

I think that injury vs Real Sociedad hampered Sanchez impact in our team. He was doing great till then. He isn't the same since comeback. He was dribbling past Marcelo in the Supercopa, very productive performance vs Sociedad, he has confidence. Now, I don't know if he is playing safe, or he just can't dribble past opponents and play as 'fake 9'. I hope he improves, for a money we paid for him I expect more from Sanchez. Just for now, he is better than Pedro which isn't accomplishment, I expect a lot more from him.

I wrote that he won't be hit or transfer flop, good signing but nothing more than that. For now it looks like that, nothing special, all this hype in the summer was just hype, on the field Sanchez looks like another good player, but not 'new CR', 'best Serie A player' like media called him.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Psycho Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:44 pm

Hmm I'm the other way around. I believe the injury gave him more time to observe the way the team functions both in games and training.

He didn't stand out before the Sociedad game hell he looked flabbergasted in first leg of the super cup. Yeah he skinned Marcelo "once".. big deal. And against Villarreal he looked like a square peg trying to get in a round hole.

He's getting better I'll leave it at that.
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:37 am

I still don't know why he has been playing in the middle, is that his best position? I know he was great as SS for udinese but isn't right wing his natural and best position?

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:53 pm

Because he runs in behind the defence and plays on the offside line.

With Cesc an Messi joining him up front, we dont have anyone running in behind the defence using speed rather than surprise.

Pedro and Villa did that constantly, but without them, we do need it from somewhere.

Also, in the games where Sanchez has been most centeral, have been vs Madrid and those are tactical reason to free up Messi.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:27 pm

Sanchez played in the middle vs villarreal but I just don't understand why we don't have the most prolific goalscorer in the world in messi making those runs. Why is it that cesc and Alexis have deceived everyone and are pretty much just poachers in our system?

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:39 pm

Well he only played 30 minutes, but also Villarreal were really pressing us and his speed in behind might of caused them to dropped deeper or give him chances to get through on goal. Neither really happened, but that was probably the idea.

Messi doesnt run in behind often anymore, the more the seasons pass the less he will do that. Its the natural order really.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:44 pm

The Franchise wrote:Well he only played 30 minutes, but also Villarreal were really pressing us and his speed in behind might of caused them to dropped deeper or give him chances to get through on goal. Neither really happened, but that was probably the idea.

Messi doesnt run in behind often anymore, the more the seasons pass the less he will do that. Its the natural order really.

I agree, but that should be when we have our forwards fit, without Villa and Pedro's runs we have to rely on Sanchez and Cesc to make them, which is why I think we need Messi to make them instead.

I'd like to see Sanchez and Messi as false 10 and false 9 respectively together at once though

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:30 am

Messi has been conserving energy he said himself, Dani mentioned....maybe its the stage of the season where he does get tired? Also tactically hes dropping deeper to get into the play and into the build up...Im happy with Sanchez though...either if its wide or central, he just need better finishing..
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next