guest7
Gil
Dnmac4
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Wenger is humble and respectful  Empty Wenger is humble and respectful

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:52 pm

I am so tired of him blaming everyone but himself when they lose. And I'm glad John Hartson has come out and said he needs to just shut up for lack of a better word.

"Over the years at Arsenal the discipline has been woeful under Wenger. You want him to take it [the blame] on the chin.

We all know Arsenal should have won the game, they go 1-0 up but that’s a dangerous score line, they needed that second goal. Fulham are always thinking, one more goal and we’re back in this.

I’m getting sick of excuses [from Wenger]. I don’t know how you can defend his comments really. I genuinely feel Djourou deserved to get sent off.

“The first tackle on Dembele was a definite booking, and a rash referee could have sent him off. Then he gets away with another one on Frei that could have been a booking and then the third one on Zamora.

Zamora's a very clever player and if you’re clean through and then pulled back, clever players go down. You’ve seen Arsenal players like Samir Nasri, Cesc Fabregas and Robert Pires all go down under Wenger."

Here's a thought, if you felt they were trying to get Djourou sent off then sub him out FFS. In the end Wenger was the naive one. And you see teams pressing a player with one yellow card ALL THE TIME, it's smart and called good tactics. What should the other coach say, "OMG Djourou has a yellow we better stay away from him or he could get sent off. It's pathetic.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Wenger is humble and respectful  Empty Re: Wenger is humble and respectful

Post by Gil Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:53 pm

Arsenal only have about 2 fit defenders. How could he sub him out?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:57 pm

Gil wrote:Arsenal only have about 2 fit defenders. How could he sub him out?

This.

I still think it would be better if the subbed him out and put Song at RB and someone else at DM.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:58 pm

Gil wrote:Arsenal only have about 2 fit defenders. How could he sub him out?

Well...didn't take long to solve this issue
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:04 pm

We have nobody else to play DM. Coquelin was already covering Left-back :/

Also, dnmac...it's time you open your eyes. Look at his press conference after the Wolves game. He blamed the team and himself, not anybody else, so the whole basis of your post is false.
And Wenger never wasn't even talking about the Djourou incident when he talked to the press. John Hartson is an idiot who is arguing against something that Wenger didn't even talk about, and you are backing him up which shows that you're just as ignorant on the matter :facepalm:

It's really sad, actually...
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:09 pm

I was suprised at the lack of this thread after he basically blamed the refrees for the loss.

But.....when the referees are to blame for a loss why not blame them hmm On principle? Because it isn't polite? hmm

Fergie does the same thing Any given Sunday.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:11 pm

Iceman wrote:We have nobody else to play DM. Coquelin was already covering Left-back :/

Also, dnmac...it's time you open your eyes. Look at his press conference after the Wolves game. He blamed the team and himself, not anybody else, so the whole basis of your post is false.
And Wenger never wasn't even talking about the Djourou incident when he talked to the press. John Hartson is an idiot who is arguing against something that Wenger didn't even talk about, and you are backing him up which shows that you're just as ignorant on the matter :facepalm:

It's really sad, actually...

What are you talking about? Are you just making things up now? Below is quotes from your shocking post, and below that is Wenger's quotes. Get your head out of your ass.

"And Wenger never wasn't even talking about the Djourou incident when he talked to the press."

“I saw it coming because when Kerim Frei came on, their game was all about getting the second yellow card for Djourou and, in the end, they got it," he told reporters.

“The moment he got the first yellow, they tried every time to get him the second and the referee was naive enough to give it.

“We would not have been in trouble if we had kept 11 men on the pitch. The referee had a massive influence on the game. But what can I do?”

And also LOL for you thinking Wenger doesn't always do this because he didn't flip out against Wolves in a game he tied not lost. Are you seriously saying Wenger isn't known for speaking trash like this almost every time they lose to a lesser opponent.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:16 pm

And this argument that they just couldn't sub out Djourou is so stupid an naive. How many teams do you have to watch play players out of position to make up for lack of depth.

There were options on the bench and even if they weren't like for like subs, if you knew he was going to get sent off like he said he did then anyone would be a better choice then playing with 10 men.

And to respond to another post, the second yellow was a stone cold yellow card and so was the first. There were instances in the game where Arsenal didn't get calls they should have and the ref was probably more pro-Fulham then Arsenal BUT both yellow cards were 100% deserving. I don't see how anyone can argue that.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:19 pm

Yikes, my bad. Didn't read the whole transcript.

Still doesn't take anything away from my point. You said: "I am so tired of him blaming everyone but himself when they lose." But he hasn't done that for a while. In fact, Wenger has blamed himself and the team every time we did something wrong. A draw to Wolves is just as bad as a loss to Fulham, but Wenger still blamed the team, not the referee. When the referee doesn't make a shocking mistake (like not awarding two penalties, which is what Wenger had most problems with), Wenger wouldn't blame him. When he does, Wenger has every right to do so and there is nothing wrong with it. SAF does it, and I don't see you getting any sand in your vagina for that.

Wenger has blamed himself and the team countless times before, making you wrong. End of story.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:22 pm

is it some suprise that he always looks for excuses, man does it all the time

and lol at him blaming it all on Frei, HELLO Frei was playing football djorou wasnt....simple really
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:22 pm

SAF and Mourinho do this every time they lose.

Infact, I feel Wenger should start doing this a lot more often. Keep his players out of the limelight.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:24 pm

LOL Dnmac LOL!!!!!!!!

Coquelin and Djourou: A DM and CB playing fullback and he complains that Arsenal are not prepared for defensive injuries. Laughing

Who should of come on in defence? Chamakh?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:26 pm

song comes in at right back

and Rocicky in the midfield, they wernt attacking anyways, get the useless RVP out since he wasnt doing more than Gervinho or Walcott
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:31 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:song comes in at right back

and Rocicky in the midfield, they wernt attacking anyways, get the useless RVP out since he wasnt doing more than Gervinho or Walcott

Sounds easy doesn't it? Why the hell would Wenger move song to a fullback position and take away his midfield prescene? Kos had at an excellent game at CB so why mess up that? Rosicky in Midfield?

Are you trying to solve the problem or create more? Laughing
Quite simply, the injuries caught up with Arsenal.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:33 pm

RVP is tall and physical, and would help with corners, setpieces etc... He brought on Rosicky and Benayoun who are hardworking players and helped out defensively. Song at RB would have been asking for it, and Koscielny at RB was never going to work because he was too tired. He was playing his 3rd game in 5 days. Playing Miquel would have been taking a huge risk as you do not know how he would react and a bad result would have affected him and his development greatly.

You people do not even know our team or the players, and you're already blabbing about. I'm not saying what Wenger did was perfect, but it was as good an option as any other given the circumstances.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:38 pm

izzy26 wrote:LOL Dnmac LOL!!!!!!!!

Coquelin and Djourou: A DM and CB playing fullback and he complains that Arsenal are not prepared for defensive injuries. Laughing

Are you seriously sitting here and saying that the genius Arsene Wenger didn't have any options what so ever to sub a player out that he himself said he knew was going to get sent off?

Get your head out of Wenger's ass there were a bunch of different things he could have done. Did you see Man U's lineup in the loss to blackburn? You can play midfielders in defense, coach's do it all the time.

You are so naive if you seriously think Wenger just had to keep him out there because he could not think up another option. In a sense your calling him an idiot.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:42 pm

dnmac4 wrote:Are you seriously sitting here and saying that the genius Arsene Wenger didn't have any options what so ever to sub a player out that he himself said he knew was going to get sent off?

Get your head out of Wenger's ass there were a bunch of different things he could have done. Did you see Man U's lineup in the loss to blackburn? You can play midfielders in defense, coach's do it all the time.

You are so naive if you seriously think Wenger just had to keep him out there because he could not think up another option. In a sense your calling him an idiot.

Yes Yes, because Arsenal have wingers who can play fullback. Can't believe I forget how good Wallcott and Gervinho are at fullback.

NEWSFLASH: Arsenal do not have the same players as United. And coaches do it all the time? Not by choice, but when they're forced to and Wenger was not forced to do that against Fulham.

Do you even know who were the subs avaliable for Arsenal? Do you even know that Coquelin, a DM, was playing fullback?

Sigh, lies and fallicies all over the place.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:43 pm

Iceman wrote:Yikes, my bad. Didn't read the whole transcript.

Still doesn't take anything away from my point. You said: "I am so tired of him blaming everyone but himself when they lose." But he hasn't done that for a while. In fact, Wenger has blamed himself and the team every time we did something wrong. A draw to Wolves is just as bad as a loss to Fulham, but Wenger still blamed the team, not the referee. When the referee doesn't make a shocking mistake (like not awarding two penalties, which is what Wenger had most problems with), Wenger wouldn't blame him. When he does, Wenger has every right to do so and there is nothing wrong with it. SAF does it, and I don't see you getting any sand in your vagina for that.

Wenger has blamed himself and the team countless times before, making you wrong. End of story.

BTW, you can ask any Madrid fan on here that knows me. I kill Mou every time he does this and the same goes for SAF.

It just funny to me how a lot (not all) of Arsenal fans loved killing Xavi for not being "humble and respectful" after loss' and they are the first ones to run and post whatever he said and kill him for it and then they sit here and defend Wenger for the SAME EXACT THING. It is so hilarious and sad that you guys don't even notice it.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:48 pm

dnmac4 wrote:

Are you seriously sitting here and saying that the genius Arsene Wenger didn't have any options what so ever to sub a player out that he himself said he knew was going to get sent off?

None of the options available were better, read my post above. If you have anything better, then go ahead and post it.

dnmac4 wrote:

BTW, you can ask any Madrid fan on here that knows me. I kill Mou every time he does this and the same goes for SAF.

It just funny to me how a lot (not all) of Arsenal fans loved killing Xavi for not being "humble and respectful" after loss' and they are the first ones to run and post whatever he said and kill him for it and then they sit here and defend Wenger for the SAME EXACT THING. It is so hilarious and sad that you guys don't even notice it.

What are we defending Wenger from, that we blamed Xavi for? Some fans went coocoo on Xavi because of his comments towards Arsenal and Cesc, not what Xavi said after the match :facepalm:
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:50 pm

Iceman wrote:

RVP is tall and physical, and would help with corners, setpieces etc... He brought on Rosicky and Benayoun who are hardworking players and helped out defensively. Song at RB would have been asking for it, and Koscielny at RB was never going to work because he was too tired. He was playing his 3rd game in 5 days. Playing Miquel would have been taking a huge risk as you do not know how he would react and a bad result would have affected him and his development greatly.

You people do not even know our team or the players, and you're already blabbing about. I'm not saying what Wenger did was perfect, but it was as good an option as any other given the circumstances.

I actually agree with this, and I am not saying what he did was terrible either but what I'm saying is don't go whine and cry that Fulham were trying to get him sent off. That is what any coach and player with a brain in there head would do in that situation.

And if your going to say you knew Djourou was going to get sent off then like I said before ANY OPTION is better then playing with 10 men. It's not like they had to play there for a whole game it was like 20-25 minutes FFS.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:52 pm

I think wenger does blame everyone but his own team too much. It wasnt the referee that made arsenals midfield vanish in the second half. And tbh, when he blames the referee sometimes it gives his team an excuse not to look at what they need to improve on
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:55 pm

Iceman wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:

None of the options available were better, read my post above. If you have anything better, then go ahead and post it.

dnmac4 wrote:

What are we defending Wenger from, that we blamed Xavi for? Some fans went coocoo on Xavi because of his comments towards Arsenal and Cesc, not what Xavi said after the match :facepalm:

Wow just wow. The "humble and respectful" thing came from people killing Xavi for saying after loss' that Barca played better and were the better team and shouldn't have lost (which is wrong to say). Or that the other team parked the bus and played anti-football therefore Barca should have won.

Then a Barca fan said Xavi was humble and respectful which he shouldn't have and the term was born. It had nothing to do with the Cesc transfer but was used during that time because Xavi continued to make an ass of himself.

I can sit here and say Xavi is a bad loser, I have no problem with it, some of you should give it a try as everyone knows Wenger has massive problems doing this.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:58 pm

dnmac4 wrote:
Wow just wow. The "humble and respectful" thing came from people killing Xavi for saying after loss' that Barca played better and were the better team and shouldn't have lost (which is wrong to say). Or that the other team parked the bus and played anti-football therefore Barca should have won.

Then a Barca fan said Xavi was humble and respectful which he shouldn't have and the term was born. It had nothing to do with the Cesc transfer but was used during that time because Xavi continued to make an ass of himself.

I can sit here and say Xavi is a bad loser, I have no problem with it, some of you should give it a try as everyone knows Wenger has massive problems doing this.

So, basically you made this thread because you want people to admit to something everybody already knows?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:08 pm

Wenger's comments after the game were a little too much, I feel.

Arsenal played poorly in the second half and Fulham were able to come up attacking quite a bit. So you getting scored on isn't that surprising then.

And getting two yellows in a game isn't unheard of either. Okay, it's argueable whether the second yellow was deserved, but many refereeing decisions are that way, always have been. Wenger shouldn't be too bitter about that.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:08 pm

I would have put Miquel at leftback and Coquelin at right back.

But really, with all those defensive injuries what were we supposed to do? Nevermind our midfield and forward depth. We're not City, Chelsea or ManU with their half billion dollar benches.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next