Wenger is humble and respectful

+20
Lord Awesome
TalkingReckless
Lex
Eman
Sir Psycho
Jay29
RealGunner
Highburied
Sushi Master
Art Morte
DuringTheWar
izzy
kiranr
halamadrid2
Le Samourai
Iceman
Swanhends
guest7
Gil
Dnmac4
24 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Wenger is humble and respectful  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wenger is humble and respectful

Post by Sushi Master Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:08 pm

I would have put Miquel at leftback and Coquelin at right back.

But really, with all those defensive injuries what were we supposed to do? Nevermind our midfield and forward depth. We're not City, Chelsea or ManU with their half billion dollar benches.

Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Posts : 9392
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Wenger is humble and respectful  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wenger is humble and respectful

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:09 pm

“I saw it coming because when Kerim Frei came on, their game was all about getting the second yellow card for Djourou and, in the end, they got it," he told reporters.

“The moment he got the first yellow, they tried every time to get him the second and the referee was naive enough to give it.

“We would not have been in trouble if we had kept 11 men on the pitch. The referee had a massive influence on the game. But what can I do?

So the only thing you have a problem with is the part at the end.You feel he had options?

Wenger didn't claim to be a prophet you know...all he said was that there was a clear intent to get Djorou sent off...which there was.Wether or not that would happen he didn't know.

Serioulsy....go read Fergie's comments anytime anyone from United is red carded, they are 10x worse than this.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 11545
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Wenger is humble and respectful  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wenger is humble and respectful

Post by Art Morte Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:10 pm

Sushi Master wrote:I would have put Miquel at leftback and Coquelin at right back.

But really, with all those defensive injuries what were we supposed to do? Nevermind our midfield and forward depth. We're not City, Chelsea or ManU with their half billion dollar benches.


Well, we have seen Berbatov, Garrick and Valencia all play in defence for Manc United this season... It's not like you cannot throw a player into an unfamiliar position when need be.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 18314
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 38

Back to top Go down

Wenger is humble and respectful  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wenger is humble and respectful

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:14 pm

Sushi Master wrote:I would have put Miquel at leftback and Coquelin at right back.

But really, with all those defensive injuries what were we supposed to do? Nevermind our midfield and forward depth. We're not City, Chelsea or ManU with their half billion dollar benches.

nico yennaris? he looked solid in the carling cup
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2870
Join date : 2012-01-03

Back to top Go down

Wenger is humble and respectful  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wenger is humble and respectful

Post by izzy Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:15 pm

Art Morte wrote:Well, we have seen Berbatov, Carrick and Valencia all play in defence for Manc United this season... It's not like you cannot throw a player into an unfamiliar position when need be.

Oh come on now, Valencia i'll give you, Carrick at defensive has always shipped goals and Berba was against Leeds in the CC. Not exactly a testing atmosphere.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 6130
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Wenger is humble and respectful  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wenger is humble and respectful

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:17 pm

Where did berba play?

Berba in defense :lucas:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 11545
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Wenger is humble and respectful  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wenger is humble and respectful

Post by Sushi Master Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:26 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:I would have put Miquel at leftback and Coquelin at right back.

But really, with all those defensive injuries what were we supposed to do? Nevermind our midfield and forward depth. We're not City, Chelsea or ManU with their half billion dollar benches.


Well, we have seen Berbatov, Garrick and Valencia all play in defence for Manc United this season... It's not like you cannot throw a player into an unfamiliar position when need be.
Frimpong could have been used to RB or something, but he's off on loan. Song has played in defense before, but we'd lose midfield stability. All our other midfielders are mostly the flair type or offensive in nature, it would have been suicide.

Chamakh in defense hmm He's tall and pretty strong. Could be converted to CB.

Send Kenny a letter: you finally have an use for Carroll Very Happy
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 9392
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Wenger is humble and respectful  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wenger is humble and respectful

Post by Highburied Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:28 pm

Like I said on Twitter:

Wenger had no answer to Jol's super subs.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2630
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 42

Back to top Go down

Wenger is humble and respectful  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wenger is humble and respectful

Post by RealGunner Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:50 pm

I don't get the purpose of this thread ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89513
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Wenger is humble and respectful  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wenger is humble and respectful

Post by Jay29 Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:58 pm

RealGunner wrote:I don't get the purpose of this thread ?

Because a manager blaming everyone but his own team is such a surprise and something he should be condomned for. Rolling Eyes

There's nothing extraordinary in what Wenger said. There has been far wose. Anyone hear Warnock on Saturday about how RVP apparently gets away with everything? Far worse than this. And that's just one example of several.

And I daresay there's a slight difference between blaming a referee for a result and tapping up players in the press.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla
Posts : 19996
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Wenger is humble and respectful  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wenger is humble and respectful

Post by Sir Psycho Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:30 pm

Wenger is humble and respectful  - Page 2 Wenger-guitarepa4d

Saw this and didn't see anywhere else to post it.
Sir Psycho
Sir Psycho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 1101
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Wenger is humble and respectful  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wenger is humble and respectful

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:43 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:
RealGunner wrote:I don't get the purpose of this thread ?

Because a manager blaming everyone but his own team is such a surprise and something he should be condomned for. Rolling Eyes

There's nothing extraordinary in what Wenger said. There has been far wose. Anyone hear Warnock on Saturday about how RVP apparently gets away with everything? Far worse than this. And that's just one example of several.

And I daresay there's a slight difference between blaming a referee for a result and tapping up players in the press.

How about giving Fulham some credit???? Instead of saying they were out to get his players sent off like it was a negative thing to do?

Again, he said if he had 11 players on the pitch they would have won, 1) he doesn't know this for a fact 2) He is acting like he had a 3 goal lead 3) All Fulham had to do is score 1 goal to take points from the game and Wenger acts like the only way they could accomplish that is fort the Refs to help them. That is the definition of disrespecting your opponent after they BEAT you.

I really do feel sorry for some of you if you think there's nothing wrong with what he said. Especially when you kill others for the same thing.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2911
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Wenger is humble and respectful  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wenger is humble and respectful

Post by Jay29 Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:57 pm

dnmac4 wrote:How about giving Fulham some credit???? Instead of saying they were out to get his players sent off like it was a negative thing to do?

Again, he said if he had 11 players on the pitch they would have won, 1) he doesn't know this for a fact 2) He is acting like he had a 3 goal lead 3) All Fulham had to do is score 1 goal to take points from the game and Wenger acts like the only way they could accomplish that is fort the Refs to help them. That is the definition of disrespecting your opponent after they BEAT you.

I really do feel sorry for some of you if you think there's nothing wrong with what he said. Especially when you kill others for the same thing.

I didn't say there was nothing wrong, just nothing out of the ordinary. Wenger blames referee. So what? That's an unfortunate staple of post-match interviews in modern football. It happens so often that you could probably forgive people for just turning a blind eye to his comments.

Fact is, Wenger's been doing this for over a decade. He deflects criticism from the team by putting himself in the spotlight. A large percentage of managers do it. Right or wrongly, agree or disagree, that's just how it is. That's what we come to expect.

I really do feel sorry for the people who actually think he's going to say anything different.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla
Posts : 19996
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Wenger is humble and respectful  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wenger is humble and respectful

Post by Eman Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:32 pm

Sir_Psycho_Sexy91 wrote:Wenger is humble and respectful  - Page 2 Wenger-guitarepa4d

Saw this and didn't see anywhere else to post it.
Laughing Thumbs up
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 3029
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Wenger is humble and respectful  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wenger is humble and respectful

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:15 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:How about giving Fulham some credit???? Instead of saying they were out to get his players sent off like it was a negative thing to do?

Again, he said if he had 11 players on the pitch they would have won, 1) he doesn't know this for a fact 2) He is acting like he had a 3 goal lead 3) All Fulham had to do is score 1 goal to take points from the game and Wenger acts like the only way they could accomplish that is fort the Refs to help them. That is the definition of disrespecting your opponent after they BEAT you.

I really do feel sorry for some of you if you think there's nothing wrong with what he said. Especially when you kill others for the same thing.

I didn't say there was nothing wrong, just nothing out of the ordinary. Wenger blames referee. So what? That's an unfortunate staple of post-match interviews in modern football. It happens so often that you could probably forgive people for just turning a blind eye to his comments.

Fact is, Wenger's been doing this for over a decade. He deflects criticism from the team by putting himself in the spotlight. A large percentage of managers do it. Right or wrongly, agree or disagree, that's just how it is. That's what we come to expect.

I really do feel sorry for the people who actually think he's going to say anything different.

Got it, he is deflecting criticism for his team not being a sore loser or putting down his opponents. That's one way to look at it I guess.

Or he's a giant crybaby that gives no credit to lesser teams/managers and one of the worst losers in the EPL and has been for 10 years now. That's another way to look at it.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2911
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Wenger is humble and respectful  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wenger is humble and respectful

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:19 pm

Dude you are overreacting to honestly some very mild comments from Arsene.

Week in week out there has been much worse.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 11545
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Wenger is humble and respectful  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wenger is humble and respectful

Post by Jay29 Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:23 pm

Welcome to the world of football management.

You can pour scorn on these people if you like. That's up to you. But why does a manager being a cry baby and a sore loser bother you? Every top manager in the world is a sore loser. Every top person in any profession is a person who doesn't accept failure, who doesn't take things not going their way well.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla
Posts : 19996
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Wenger is humble and respectful  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wenger is humble and respectful

Post by izzy Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:24 pm

This is getting very sad and boring dnmac. Whining and complaing about a personality trait that Wenger has had since the whole time he's been at Arsenal and NOW you want to make an 'issue' out of nothing.

Everyone already knows Wenger's tactics with the press, almost every manager does this. Why not complain about Neil Warnock who loves the make a scene when his team loses? This is Wenger and no one actually gives a sh1t, so get over it.

Thread is so pointless.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 6130
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

Wenger is humble and respectful  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wenger is humble and respectful

Post by Lex Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:38 pm

izzy26 wrote:Why not complain about Neil Warnock who loves the make a scene when his team loses?
because he hates Arsenal, not QPR
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia
Posts : 15099
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Wenger is humble and respectful  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wenger is humble and respectful

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:05 pm

halamadrid and dnmac4 you need to learn a lot more about arsenal and EPL before you start spitting crap about them.....


Wenger has been doing this for years.....and so has SAF....Kenny has been doing it alot recently too...AVB too who was fined recently.....
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 4200
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Wenger is humble and respectful  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wenger is humble and respectful

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:16 pm

AVB

Speaking after the QPR game, Villas-Boas said: ''The ref was poor, very very poor. And it reflected in the result.
''I spoke to him at the end and I was very aggressive to him. I don't care if he's okay or not.
''Everyone can have a bad day, but this was not a bad day for us. It was a good day for us and a bad day for the referee.''

Fined £12,000 on Nov 22

Tony Pulis

Stoke City manager Tony Pulis was fined 10,000 pounds ($15,789) by the English FA on Nov 21

Should i go on??
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 4200
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Wenger is humble and respectful  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wenger is humble and respectful

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:49 pm

He just wants you guys to agree with the title.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 6111
Join date : 2011-06-10
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Wenger is humble and respectful  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wenger is humble and respectful

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:48 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:He just wants you guys to agree with the title.

BINGO.

It's funny how all of you are OK doing it to Xavi every single chance you get but now I have to learn more about Arsenal and the EPL, it's sad and boring, and I am overreacting.

Some of you need to try and look in a mirror once in a while and see the hypocrites you have become.

Now we should just accept it because that's just what Wenger does but Xavi is a disgusting person and has no class blah blah blah while doing the same thing.

And for the person who said I hate Arsenal, yes I don't like Arsenal because I find there coach and a lot (not all) of there fans to have this were better then you attitude even though they don't deserve it and are total hypocrites. Not to mention a lot of the fans (not all) totally overrate all of there players (see Nasri best player ever but now he sucks) and when they leave act like they never liked them to begin with. Oh and according to most of them (not all) everything Spurs accomplish is lucky and even if they beat Arsenal, Arsenal is still better because they have more history and there is no chance Spurs finish ahead of Arsenal this year even though all signs point to that and if anyone disagree's there a hater or my favorite, "they don't watch the games".

And they can never admit anything negative about there team unless they are amongst other Arsenal fans. Take this thread for example all of you know Wenger does this all of the time and is a total sore loser but since another teams fans says it you have to defend him when there is nothing to defend but you will turn around and crush someone else for doing the same thing.

So I guess it's not really the players I don't like on Arsenal but more so the coach and 80% of the fans.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2911
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Wenger is humble and respectful  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wenger is humble and respectful

Post by Highburied Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:54 pm

Sleep
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2630
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 42

Back to top Go down

Wenger is humble and respectful  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wenger is humble and respectful

Post by djoe26 Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:10 pm

So this topic is for arsenal fans to realise that Xavi aint humble and respectful?
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 1747
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Wenger is humble and respectful  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wenger is humble and respectful

Post by Iceman Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:14 pm

Xavi's "humble and respectful" meme was not started by Arsenal fans, and neither is it limited to this forum alone. Arsenal fans used the meme to take shots at Xavi for his comments about Fabregas, NOT THE COMMENTS AFTER THE GAME. People were more pissed at the red to RVP than they were at Xavi. He wasn't even on my mind at the time, at all. Ask Arsenal fans why they (used to, for some) hate on Xavi, and they'll tell you that it's because of the Fabregas saga.
We're actually fine with saying that other teams defended with 11 men, and hearing our manager talk about anti-football because he does so to take away pressure and light from the players.

Then I hear some people (not you, dnmac) say "but how does this reflect on the players in training?".....Seriously? You think Wenger takes the same attitude in training? For all you know, he could start off every training session with "What I said to the press was BS, you guys sucked a** and need to get your sh!t together".
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2043
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Wenger is humble and respectful  - Page 2 Empty Re: Wenger is humble and respectful

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum