Shane Long

+2
El Chelsea Fuerte
fatman123
6 posters

Go down

Shane Long Empty Shane Long

Post by fatman123 Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:37 am

after the sale of anelka, Drogba's contract expiring soon his age and the upcoming ACN, Kalous generall useless-ness and torres just being torres its fair to say there alot fo question marks surrounding out forwards atm and with no promising forwards available from the youth academy atm (sinclair, borini, di santo :facepalm:) there is a possibility of us buying another forward at the end of the season (cant see it happening in Jan)

For me, Long is an ideal replacment for kalou and anelka as he can play out wide in our 4-3-3, hes young, hes homegrown and hes shown alot of promise so far this season with WBA, he was just about carrying them at the start of the season tbh. WBA only paid 4.5mil for him although with add ons the sum could reach 6.5mil so for aprox. 10mil its a possibility we could sign Long

unsurprisingly ive see nothing linking him to us in the media, but id love him in a chelsea shirt, thoughts?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Shane Long Empty Re: Shane Long

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:23 pm

Why do you keep moaning about Sinclair, Borini, and Santo? We can't have everyone from our academy making it and frankly none of these guys have done much at their respective clubs to convince me that they would had been starting 11 material for us.

And for Shane Long, NO because he isn't good enough.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:14 pm

Lol Shane Long no thanks he's not a player Chelsea should be looking to sign if we are going for squad players, players from the academy/reserves should be blooded and promoted. Saying that off the top of my head there ain't too many attacking talents that scream out to me atm, I'm sure Gael will do well in France and Piazon will come good too.

Either way no to Shane Long, I'd much rather get Kevin for £10M or what ever he's gonna cost.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:37 pm

:lol!:
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RuthlesGangstaDef:villin Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:37 pm

:lol!:
RuthlesGangstaDef:villin
RuthlesGangstaDef:villin
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sunderland

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:38 pm

english_jewel wrote:Why do you keep moaning about Sinclair, Borini, and Santo? We can't have everyone from our academy making it and frankly none of these guys have done much at their respective clubs to convince me that they would had been starting 11 material for us.

And for Shane Long, NO because he isn't good enough.

how do you know they werent first XI material we neber gave them a decent run, Borini only made four first team apperances (the couldnt eveng get a bench spot the week after he scored SIX gals in one reserve game), Di Santo only got 8 apperances and Sinclair only got 5 apperances and tbh i dount any of those players actually got a start

also havent you seen sinclair this seaosn, hes consistantly been one of swanseas standouts and dont you remember borini last season at swansea scoring 6 goals in 12 app (thats one more goal then torres has in his 37 chelsea apps), for me both have shown more potential for becoming a regular in the first team then kakuta whos only memorable contributions have been a lucky assist vs OM in the CL and showing about as much confidence as torres on a bad day
personally i dont think we couldve got much out of di santo but still 8 apps (most of which came under Scolari) isnt enough to be sure of that
and had we kept at least Sinclair by now we couldve shipped off kalou and/or malouda which wouldve been better for the team, FFP, the homegrown player allocation (as their homegrown at our club, not another) and our wage bill

back on long, why gamble on the more expensive Kevin who was anonymus vs chelsea in two CL games when long would cost less and has proven he can score in the PL (12 apps for 5 goals) and would be easier on the qage bill and would be home grown
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:48 pm

No thanks, not now anyway.

I would much rather give him a year in top flight before making a move, he hasn't played eough yet.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down