Le Samourai
michael1
27 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Juve need to buy in january  - Page 3 Empty Re: Juve need to buy in january

Post by Lynx100 Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:32 am

michael1 wrote:
Luca wrote:Marotta won't spend over 20M on a player and I doubt no one 'big' will come in January especially as a striker (there are other priorities).

I'm not worried about buying a striker to be honest. If Juventus manage to sign Caceres and Montolivo and also clear dead weight then I am satisfied.

Sure but its fine to buy players like ziegler elia who was sold again, elia cant even get a game and sign quags permanently even though hes like elia and just warms bench.

With that money we couldve bought rossi.

But no we buy multiple average players instead and u guys lap it all up.

U guys must obviously have only been supportin juv for a few years as none of u understand the stature of our club or the calibre of players that should be playing for us.

Im sick of seeing multiple players come in but be nothing better than a decent player.

Cut down on the amount of duds we buy and just buy 1 or 2 players that will win u games single handedly.

Watching and supporting Juve since 1987 - you?

Noone says Quags, Matri and Vucinic are world class, but theyre doing a decent job. Yes, we can improve on them, but so far we are 1st. So maybe you shouldnt whinge so much ey?

Never going to attract a top player without UCL. In the meantime, you build the best team you can, attracting those who are prepared to not play in european competition. And when you can offer UCL football, yes, buy 1 or 2 champions because you will already have a team full of seasoned players who play well as a team.

TEAM > INDIVIDUAL always.

Frankly, these players that you called "duds" - i.e. Pirlo, Vidal, Lich, Barzagli, Quag, Esti, Vucinic, have got us to 1st in Serie A (joint). We can sign the world class players at the end of the season when these so called "DUDS" allow Juve to finish in top 3, if not win Serie A.

Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:11 am

Lynx100 wrote:
michael1 wrote:
Luca wrote:Marotta won't spend over 20M on a player and I doubt no one 'big' will come in January especially as a striker (there are other priorities).

I'm not worried about buying a striker to be honest. If Juventus manage to sign Caceres and Montolivo and also clear dead weight then I am satisfied.

Sure but its fine to buy players like ziegler elia who was sold again, elia cant even get a game and sign quags permanently even though hes like elia and just warms bench.

U guys must obviously have only been supportin juv for a few years as none of u understand the stature of our club or the calibre of players that should be playing for us.

Im sick of seeing multiple players come in but be nothing better than a decent player.

Cut down on the amount of duds we buy and just buy 1 or 2 players that will win u games single handedly.

Watching and supporting Juve since 1987 - you?

Noone says Quags, Matri and Vucinic are world class, but theyre doing a decent job. Yes, we can improve on them, but so far we are 1st. So maybe you shouldnt whinge so much ey?

Never going to attract a top player without UCL. In the meantime, you build the best team you can, attracting those who are prepared to not play in european competition. And when you can offer UCL football, yes, buy 1 or 2 champions because you will already have a team full of seasoned players who play well as a team.

TEAM > INDIVIDUAL always.

Frankly, these players that you called "duds" - i.e. Pirlo, Vidal, Lich, Barzagli, Quag, Esti, Vucinic, have got us to 1st in Serie A (joint). We can sign the world class players at the end of the season when these so called "DUDS" allow Juve to finish in top 3, if not win Serie A.

I said strikers if u read my last i said were first because of our defence and midfield.

Hence the thread was regarding strikers
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:53 am

Looking through the league so far & at goals scored by forwards -

Milan - Ibra, Cassano, Pato, El Sharaawy, Robinho = 31 Goals
Lazio - Klose, Sculli, Cisse, Rocchi = 25 goals
Napoli - Lavezzi, Pandev, Cavani = 19 goals
Juve - Matri, Vucinic, Pepe, Quag = 17 Goals
Udinese - Di Natale, Floro Flores = 16 goals
Inter - Milito, Pazzini, Coutino, Castignos, Forlan = 15 goals
Roma - Osvaldo, Bojan, Borini, Lamela = 12 goals

We are more or less in the middle of the pack.

Yes, a class forward will give us that edge we need to push to the top of the list with Milan BUT how can we can a top player if we can offer them European football?? Think about it. All the teams above us on this list are playing European football. Theres also teams below us offering European football.

All things considered, our forwards are doing okay

We are coming from two 7th place finishes and a new coach and style of playing

These "duds" so far are leading us to European football - Maybe just give them credit where credit is due.

Noone is disputing the fact that a WC forward would only better our team but all in good time.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:01 pm

michael1 wrote:Sorry didnt mean to have a go, just seems like u guys are more than happy to see our club buy average players, and then say there quality players.

The main point of this thread was to point put we need one true quality striker and all of u disagree.

I mean really matri ?? Vucinic ?? Quags ??

All 3 are inconsistent, none of them have scored above 20 goals in a single season.

And if uve watched our matches so far u would know that there poor finishin has cost us a lot of points.

We have no trouble creating chances its finishing that we struggle with.

So sorry if i dnt want to see these guys cost us the league, and want to see a top drawer striker in our squad.

U can defend them if u want but our strikers are really average players.

And theres nothin wring with admitting it, just frustrating hearing u guys defend them.

Our midfield and defence has got us where we are in te league mostly.

Well I am a fan of Vucinic and Quagliarella, I like Matri but I don't feel the same way because he isn't nearly as dynamic as the other two.
I understand your concern but I just don't see January as the appropriate time to address the problem you see.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:13 pm

I feel for you here micheal and echo your sentiments.

It doesn't help when the sensitive Juve fanboys here jump on you and can't even back up their reasons.

Point is, Marotta is an absolute joke of an official for Juve and thinks on small scale levels of mediocrity.

He is what Roy Hodgson would be if you added him within that position
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:27 pm

michael1 wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:
michael1 wrote:

Seems like you are supporting the club fore few yrs that's what is called love .. respeecting and loving every1 that wears that jersey because he represents us. He puts his best there for us leaving his heart on the field no matter how good or bad he is he tries he puts everything. Now thats love for the jersey. We can't sign top players without UCL. Rossi told the newspapers he refused us and than Atl didn't want to sell him. Aguero simply wanted UCL they offered him everything plus Agnelli's cars and F1 track and to drive any car he wants , the 10 number even was ready for him ffs.

decent is what u get witout ucl every player has potential and starts with one if he fulfills that potential he is star if he doesn't than he is decent. You know its 10 % talent 90 % work.

Decent is what got us back from Serie B ( not whole team but parts of it ).

Better decent than nothing

Pls guys b4 u write about Rossi and Aguero types of players and saga's pls do inform ur selfs from the interviews from the same palyers,agents and facts pls just going out bashing ain't good

u r throwing everything at the person who currently made u join 1st and for the record agnelli,del neri,conte, patrici , nedved all said and confirmed that MAROTTA GETS THE PLAYERS THE COACH WANTS ...

good night

Lol get out of here with that love bs, just cause some crap player plays for my team i need to love him.

And yes i love the club which is whyy i want tem to buy the kind of player they used to, to be playin cl like they used to.

And marotta buyin players the coach wants, hardlyy true.

Thats why they baught quags on perm and hes played about 2 games, same as elia and what about ziegler ?

Marotta buys who he thinks is best.

The club keep talkin about bringing the club back to the levels they used to be at, but unless we bring in quality players we will go nowhere.

Well prob buy a defender in janaury and instead of buying a young future wc defender like hummels we will buy someone average.

Anyways if there serious about cl next year then the club is gonna ahve to have a massive summer.

Which is unlikely

lol ....

Ziegler admitted that Del Neri wanted him and he had agreed with him same with Pirlo.
Martinez was wanted by DN even he admitted that.
Krasic to

seems like Andrea Agnelli, Nedved,Del Neri,Elkann all lie to us Smile by ur theory ...and the love aobut the club ain't BS but if u think it is feel it like that I know I don't
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:23 pm

Arquitecto wrote:I feel for you here micheal and echo your sentiments.

It doesn't help when the sensitive Juve fanboys here jump on you and can't even back up their reasons.

Point is, Marotta is an absolute joke of an official for Juve and thinks on small scale levels of mediocrity.

Thanks arquitecto, i dnt feel like a complete idiot for sayin something now.

I mean i knew how most of the other juve fans would react hence posting in the general section, was hopin to get more outside opionions seeing as they would be a lot better lol.

And agree with morotta u took the words outta my mouth.

The things id do to see moggi back.

People can say what tgey want but he was the king of top transfers !!

michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:37 pm

michael1 wrote:

I mean i knew how most of the other juve fans would react hence posting in the general section, was hopin to get more outside opionions seeing as they would be a lot better lol.

I never said u are an idiot and I respect ur view I just posted mine.

Moggi was king of top transfers in a top club full with champion

Marotta has harder task.

Moggi : " Hello I am Ds of Juventus ...." *the player doesn't let him speak*
Player : " Where to sign "

Marotta : " Hello I am ds of Juventus. We are the best club in Italy with fans and titles .... but ..."
Player : " I want Champions League I can;'t do that "

^ just example Very Happy

Moggi was king yes but he was the same king that put us tehre in 2006 so sorry
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:50 pm

michael1 wrote:

Thats great and all (outside opinion) but the Juventus section is filled (in large part) with people who follow the team daily so it seems like more of a logical place to discuss this and believe me you have your Marotta haters there too.
A lot better because they would blindly agree with you?
Yeah, I agree Matri is not near the level of Tevez and Quagliarella is not near Aguero
Now what? Either way tomorrow Matri and Quagliarella will be wearing a Juventus shirt
Arq did not back up anything and all he did was generalize a group of fans :facepalm:

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:29 pm

The bottom line here is that top talent will not come to Juve unless the talent you have now push you towards CL place.

All that is availabel in the market now are above average striker like Matri, but not WC or close to WC strikers.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by :{Mr.Mustachio! Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:27 pm

Dutti wrote:Tbf, at the time Elia was signed, he had been or at least for the most part of last season on top form.

Who knew that he would be a bench warmer at Juve.

That's not true, infact the opposite is. I watched him vs. Dortmund which was one of his last games for Hamburg, and he was atrocious. It was a horror show, so much so he was subbed of at half time. I mean really bad...

Truth is his time at Hamburg was coming to a close, we didn't rip from them their star player but a stagnated and inconsistent promise, one that some (maybe even 'many') were pleased to see go.

Granted the guy has technical ability and the skills to light up YouTube highlight reels but he's never really done it with any semblance of consistency. He's showed brief flashes when he's played those few minutes in our shirt, but also many mistakes.

What has and will probbably make his life continuously hard is not only the fact we have switched to a 4-3-3 (whereby wingforwards are used more than the type of wingers for a 4-4-2 derivative) but the general ideals of Conte's football. The high pressing, quick interplay, general movement, he needs to take this on board in full; but right now he has the wrong attiude.

:{Mr.Mustachio!
:{Mr.Mustachio!
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by johniet Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:40 pm

Matri+Vucinic+Pirlo+Marchisio=WC attack
johniet
johniet
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by gnrfan Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:00 pm

Agree with the OP. What's really puzzling for me is Juve not even making an effort to go for tevez. Beggars cant be choosers. I understand finances are tight but we get an option to sign a wc player at a cut rate price and we stand by and let milan snap him up. For sure the guy's got attitude problems but on ability he''d bench any of our guys ina heartbeat, and there are top teams(barca,bayern) have several of these players. Just take a look at our matches this seasons. Our matches this season our midfield creates a handful of chances but the inefficiency/decision making of our forwards means we convert very little of these. It works against minnows like cesena or Cagliari or wen the opposition plays openly like inter, but points lost against the romas and genoas will haunt us.
gnrfan
gnrfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by CroInter Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:49 pm

johniet wrote:Matri+Vucinic+Pirlo+Marchisio=WC attack

On what planet?
CroInter
CroInter
First Team