Internal
Le Samourai
michael1
27 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Juve need to buy in january  - Page 2 Empty Re: Juve need to buy in january

Post by 7amood11 Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:34 pm

To be fair to Matri, this season he has been doing very well overlooking the Udinese game. He single-handedly saved our asses against Siena, Genoa, and Fiorentina, and he had some other notable performances vs Napoli and Lazio. Not to mention that he's the 3rd best forward in Serie A in terms of assists.

I know that he isn't world-class and all, and I don't see him spearheading a CL-winning team, but to call him average is ridicuolous imo.

But good points have been made in this thread, we need to go for a world-class striker this summer.

7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:42 pm

Vuci rather poor? Check out his assists....
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:45 pm

bhends wrote:
nichabr wrote:i think matri is going to be WC in the future i really like him his physique imo is perfect for both speed and power he just needs more fine tuning and juve really have no good strikers aside from del piero for him to learn from and they contrast in style of play.

WC in the Future? He's 27

@McLewis

My point is that when's the last time a team won the Scudetto with someone like Matri as their best striker?

2011 - Ibra
2010 - Eto'o/Milito
2009 - Ibra
2008 - Ibra
2007 - Ibra
2006 - Trezeguet/Adriano
2005 - Trezeguet
2004 - Shevchenko
2003 - Trez/Del Piero
2002 - Trez/Del Piero
2001 - Batistuta

Not saying he can't break the mould but clearly his name would stick out like a sore thumb on that list...

Well yeah his name would stick out when matched with those guys, but that doesn't mean he would be undeserving of a place there if his form and importance to Juve warrants it. I would say the same of Di Natale or Miccoli if there were the same age as Matri and were in his exact position.

So I still disagree with you. He's good enough to help Juve in the ways they need him to. Can he do it alone like those legends you mentioned? Completely different question.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:52 pm

Mclewis, please tell me Borriello won't come to Juve and that Marotta will wake up sooner rather than later.... Tell me a little about borriello's last 2 seasons please
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:55 pm

I honestly don't see us selling him to a direct rival. Marseille and PSG have stronger links to him.

As for his past form, I can only really tell you about last season. He was our most important player in the first half of the season and was scoring some crucial goals for us....including the winner against Milan right before the Christmas break. He was exactly what he needed to finish off flowing counter attacks started by either DDR or Totti. With the creativity and drive that Juve have from midfield, I don't think he'd have much of a problem at all getting on the end of good deliveries.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:57 pm

I have no problems with Borriello being on our team only if Iaquinta and Amauri are sold by the end of January Window.

But i dont understand Borriello's decision.If anything he will be used in rotation with the other strikers.

Why doesnt he go back to Genoa ?Dont they need a CF ?

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:58 pm

Its called the Juve section
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:03 pm

McLewis wrote:I honestly don't see us selling him to a direct rival. Marseille and PSG have stronger links to him.

As for his past form, I can only really tell you about last season. He was our most important player in the first half of the season and was scoring some crucial goals for us....including the winner against Milan right before the Christmas break. He was exactly what he needed to finish off flowing counter attacks started by either DDR or Totti. With the creativity and drive that Juve have from midfield, I don't think he'd have much of a problem at all getting on the end of good deliveries.
Cheers. Tell me about his 2011 and if he's still able to replicate some of that pre Christmas form u mentioned
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:20 pm

pasquale22 wrote:
McLewis wrote:I honestly don't see us selling him to a direct rival. Marseille and PSG have stronger links to him.

Cheers. Tell me about his 2011 and if he's still able to replicate some of that pre Christmas form u mentioned

He hasn't enjoyed a particularly good 2011. Ranieri's firing is what ultimately signaled the end for him as Montella didn't play many of our new signings upon coming in and then Luis Enrique tried to incorporate him, but quickly realized he was as incompatible with Osvaldo as he was with Totti under Ranieri.

He's best played as the lone prima punta and not with a partner. So he'd probably take a backseat to Matri at Juve currently, but would start over Gignac at Marseille and Hoarau at PSG..
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:41 pm

Matri IS good enough to lead an attack. He just needs certains types of players around him.
Why is everyone forgetting Quag??? This guy is class and has just starting to return

I really would like to see Vucinic=Matri=Quags as our attack. I guarentee you that if that clicks, the Juve attack would be one of the best front lines in Seria right up there with Milan and Napoli.

I agree that a star quality front line recruit would be excellent for Juve. Weve been keen on a LB and another CM as priorities though. HOWEVER, if Matris dip in form continues, then I think another QUALITY forward will join LB and CM as a priority, especially if Vucinic injury troubles continue.

Berbatov, Drogba or Podolski would all be welcome.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:26 pm

I tihnk that

Vuci--Toni -- Quagli

can outscore

Vuci--Matri--Quagli
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:44 pm

Matri is great when he has another striker to play off of (Vucinic)
He just fails as a lone striker

Juventus is also the third highest scoring team in Italy (behind Napoli and Milan who obviously do have much better attacks)- Juventus creates so many chances but convert very little though (this is more of the problem). However, you cannot put the entire blame on Matri because that isn't fair.

Soccernet stats:
Matri, 15 appearances, 34 shots, 6 goals, 3 assists
Marchisio, 15 appearances, 38 shots, 6 goals, 1 assist
Pepe, 16 appearances, 36 shots, 5 goals, 1 assist
Vucinic, 12 appearances, 32 shots, 2 goals, 3 assists

It is a collective fail
German Denis, 12 goals on 44 shots
Ibrahimovic, 11 on 48
Di Natale 10 on 71

Matri is only a problem when he is the lone striker, when he is in the middle of a 4-3-3 with Pepe and Estigarribia on either side of him he does not operate correctly. Quagliarella plays this role much better.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:15 am

Sigh as i said in my op i knew the juve fans would disagree lol matri ever being world class is laughable.

Or any of our other strikers, there not juve quality and use are kidding urselves if u think they are.

We will be lucky to win serie a with them this season, but cl next season if we make it we would get knocked out straight away.

all our strikers are to inconsistent they have been there whole careers matri, vucinic, quags.

I mean look at napoli if u swapped our strike forces then things would look right.

Those are the kind of strikers we should have.

Our attack is poor and will only cost us more games as the season goes by.
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:14 am

Papiss Cisse anyone?

Superbly underrated ... He has been phenomenal playing for a trash team that is SC Freiburg.

Very strong, very quick, sharp and skillful. He reminds me of Eto'o.

Juve need to buy in january  - Page 2 10672938
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:16 am

Marotta won't spend over 20M on a player and I doubt no one 'big' will come in January especially as a striker (there are other priorities).

I'm not worried about buying a striker to be honest. If Juventus manage to sign Caceres and Montolivo and also clear dead weight then I am satisfied.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:16 am

Luca wrote:Marotta won't spend over 20M on a player and I doubt no one 'big' will come in January especially as a striker (there are other priorities).

I'm not worried about buying a striker to be honest. If Juventus manage to sign Caceres and Montolivo and also clear dead weight then I am satisfied.

In which is the reason I dispize that man :bow:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:18 am

Its not wise to splash that much cash in January in my opinion
If he can make those two moves + any Barzagli type deals then that is fine

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:29 am

Podolski, Olic, Cisse, Dumbia, Love, Cardozo.

The list goes on and on.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:47 am

Luca wrote:Marotta won't spend over 20M on a player and I doubt no one 'big' will come in January especially as a striker (there are other priorities).

Sure but its fine to buy players like ziegler elia who was sold again, elia cant even get a game and sign quags permanently even though hes like elia and just warms bench.

With that money we couldve bought rossi.

But no we buy multiple average players instead and u guys lap it all up.

U guys must obviously have only been supportin juv for a few years as none of u understand the stature of our club or the calibre of players that should be playing for us.

Im sick of seeing multiple players come in but be nothing better than a decent player.

Cut down on the amount of duds we buy and just buy 1 or 2 players that will win u games single handedly.

michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:56 am

michael1 wrote:

Sure but its fine to buy players like ziegler elia who was sold again, elia cant even get a game and sign quags permanently even though hes like elia and just warms bench.

U guys must obviously have only been supportin juv for a few years as none of u understand the stature of our club or the calibre of players that should be playing for us.

Im sick of seeing multiple players come in but be nothing better than a decent player.

Cut down on the amount of duds we buy and just buy 1 or 2 players that will win u games single handedly.

Seems like you are supporting the club fore few yrs that's what is called love .. respeecting and loving every1 that wears that jersey because he represents us. He puts his best there for us leaving his heart on the field no matter how good or bad he is he tries he puts everything. Now thats love for the jersey. We can't sign top players without UCL. Rossi told the newspapers he refused us and than Atl didn't want to sell him. Aguero simply wanted UCL they offered him everything plus Agnelli's cars and F1 track and to drive any car he wants , the 10 number even was ready for him ffs.

decent is what u get witout ucl every player has potential and starts with one if he fulfills that potential he is star if he doesn't than he is decent. You know its 10 % talent 90 % work.

Decent is what got us back from Serie B ( not whole team but parts of it ).

Better decent than nothing

Pls guys b4 u write about Rossi and Aguero types of players and saga's pls do inform ur selfs from the interviews from the same palyers,agents and facts pls just going out bashing ain't good

u r throwing everything at the person who currently made u join 1st and for the record agnelli,del neri,conte, patrici , nedved all said and confirmed that MAROTTA GETS THE PLAYERS THE COACH WANTS ...

good night

DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:08 am

DeviAngel wrote:
michael1 wrote:

Seems like you are supporting the club fore few yrs that's what is called love .. respeecting and loving every1 that wears that jersey because he represents us. He puts his best there for us leaving his heart on the field no matter how good or bad he is he tries he puts everything. Now thats love for the jersey. We can't sign top players without UCL. Rossi told the newspapers he refused us and than Atl didn't want to sell him. Aguero simply wanted UCL they offered him everything plus Agnelli's cars and F1 track and to drive any car he wants , the 10 number even was ready for him ffs.

decent is what u get witout ucl every player has potential and starts with one if he fulfills that potential he is star if he doesn't than he is decent. You know its 10 % talent 90 % work.

Decent is what got us back from Serie B ( not whole team but parts of it ).

Better decent than nothing

Pls guys b4 u write about Rossi and Aguero types of players and saga's pls do inform ur selfs from the interviews from the same palyers,agents and facts pls just going out bashing ain't good

u r throwing everything at the person who currently made u join 1st and for the record agnelli,del neri,conte, patrici , nedved all said and confirmed that MAROTTA GETS THE PLAYERS THE COACH WANTS ...

good night

Lol get out of here with that love bs, just cause some crap player plays for my team i need to love him.

And yes i love the club which is whyy i want tem to buy the kind of player they used to, to be playin cl like they used to.

And marotta buyin players the coach wants, hardlyy true.

Thats why they baught quags on perm and hes played about 2 games, same as elia and what about ziegler ?

Marotta buys who he thinks is best.

The club keep talkin about bringing the club back to the levels they used to be at, but unless we bring in quality players we will go nowhere.

Well prob buy a defender in janaury and instead of buying a young future wc defender like hummels we will buy someone average.

Anyways if there serious about cl next year then the club is gonna ahve to have a massive summer.

Which is unlikely
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:17 am

michael1 wrote:

Why are you arguing with me as if I control who the club spends money on?
Honestly, get your head out of the clouds.
Juventus is not in any European competition and Serie A is not that attractive right now (or at least this past summer).
Quagliarella cost 14.5M, 4.5M or so was paid last season- meaning 10 was paid in the summer to keep him (which was deserved).
Elia cost 10M, Ziegler was free. 20M would NOT buy Rossi in the summer.

Support a different club then, what do you want from me? Juventus is topping the table with these players and I like the squad (for the most part)
Can it be better? Absolutely
Will it be? I'm sure it will be, just don't hold your breath for big money signings in January is all I'm trying to say.
Juventus needed to buy more than one or two players and that is the problem, the squad needed a lot of work and a lot of that work has been done correctly.

You're telling me you'd rather spend 40M on some high profile striker like Aguero but not have money to buy Lichtsteiner or Vidal? You can't have everything and you cannot work retroactively. In the end Juventus ended up with Vucinic, Lichtsteiner and Vidal- totaling the cost of Aguero or damn near it. So, yes in short I am pleased so far.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by michael1 Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:28 am

Sorry didnt mean to have a go, just seems like u guys are more than happy to see our club buy average players, and then say there quality players.

The main point of this thread was to point put we need one true quality striker and all of u disagree.

I mean really matri ?? Vucinic ?? Quags ??

All 3 are inconsistent, none of them have scored above 20 goals in a single season.

And if uve watched our matches so far u would know that there poor finishin has cost us a lot of points.

We have no trouble creating chances its finishing that we struggle with.

So sorry if i dnt want to see these guys cost us the league, and want to see a top drawer striker in our squad.

U can defend them if u want but our strikers are really average players.

And theres nothin wring with admitting it, just frustrating hearing u guys defend them.

Our midfield and defence has got us where we are in te league mostly.

michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:43 am

Isn't there the Juve section for this thread? It doesn't concern any other club.

Might as well give my thoughts anyway...

Vucinic is probably your best and most technical striker.
Matri is the target man as well as an assist-making forward.
Quagliarella is has the assist making capabilites of Matri and the technical quality of Vucinic, but the problem is that he is never going to score a huge amount of goals.
You guys need a goal-machine who stands around and doesn't do much for parts of the game, but when he gets a chance always hits the target and has a good conversion rate.

My list of realistic purchases:
1. Podolski (Koln) - small club
2. P. Cisse (Freiburg) - small club
3. Olic (B. Munich) - out of contract soon
but if you really want to sign a guy who could win the league for you, I'd splash the cash on Soldado if I could get him.

Chances are that won't happen and we will triumph again!!! bahahahahaha
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:46 am

Tbf, at the time Elia was signed, he had been or at least for the most part of last season on top form.

Who knew that he would be a bench warmer at Juve.
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:32 am

michael1 wrote:

Watching and supporting Juve since 1987 - you?

Noone says Quags, Matri and Vucinic are world class, but theyre doing a decent job. Yes, we can improve on them, but so far we are 1st. So maybe you shouldnt whinge so much ey?

Never going to attract a top player without UCL. In the meantime, you build the best team you can, attracting those who are prepared to not play in european competition. And when you can offer UCL football, yes, buy 1 or 2 champions because you will already have a team full of seasoned players who play well as a team.

TEAM > INDIVIDUAL always.

Frankly, these players that you called "duds" - i.e. Pirlo, Vidal, Lich, Barzagli, Quag, Esti, Vucinic, have got us to 1st in Serie A (joint). We can sign the world class players at the end of the season when these so called "DUDS" allow Juve to finish in top 3, if not win Serie A.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next