So i was reading some of the comments on here.

+41
Arquitecto
El Gunner
MJ
RED
Highburied
M99
OLpower
REWB
BiasedMilanFan3
Forza
Dnmac4
kiranr
Tomwin Lannister
Abramovich
Ali
Luca
urbaNRoots
Lex
Ganso
Grande_Milano
Eivindo
_LMG_10_
nichabr
Sushi Master
the xcx
Iceman
tonger
El Chelsea Fuerte
Le Samourai
leemhuis
Lord Hades
RealGunner
Swanhends
Raptorgunner
Albiceleste
Be/\/ceCALI
Adit
TalkingReckless
gunner1987
BarrileteCosmico
milanfan7
45 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

So i was reading some of the comments on here. - Page 3 Empty Re: So i was reading some of the comments on here.

Post by kiranr Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:44 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Milan are favourites, Everyone knows that. But the game will be unpredictable

This thread would have generated u 20 pages 2 years ago Milanfan7, Not anymore Wink

Almost 30 posts in an hour..............are you sure about that?

Those were good times mate!

kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

So i was reading some of the comments on here. - Page 3 Empty Re: So i was reading some of the comments on here.

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:46 am

I'd feel a lot better about Milan if Casssano was playing as I think he could open up Arsenal on the counter pretty easily but now they have to rely on Seedorf more and he's a little too slow IMO, but still technically excellent.

Also, KPB will play a huge role as if he can get Ibra and Pato the ball around the box then it will be a long day for Arsenal but for some reason I don't see that happening.

Milan's got to be the favorite but they are so up and down that I wouldn't bet a penny on them winning. They have to show well at home in the first game or there getting knocked out.

BTW, I'm pretty excited about the English/Italian games. It's great to not have to argue about La Liga.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:37 am

Note my bias, but here are my thoughts on this thread...

On Milan...

Milan's weak point is obviously LB. If you beat whoever is playing there (Antonini, Bonera, Taiwo or Zambrotta) and get balls in behind the defence, then Arsenal will be a serious problem. Allegri will likely try to use v. Bommel as a DM to block up any gaps down that side in particular.

Our midfield is a mixed bag. If something like Aquilani - v. Bommel - Nocerino shows up with Boateng in as the trequartista, expect a dynamic, powerful performance. On the other hand, if Seedorf - Ambrosini - v. Bommel line up, then the midfield will be static and vulnerable.

What Arsenal will have to watch out for are performances from players like Boateng and Pato, who often rise to an occasion. Ibra will certainly be a problem, don't buy into any of that "big match flop" labelling. Other players to watch out for are Aquilani and Abate for assist-making.

About Arsenal...

The gunners' defence is still a shambles, especially when Vermaalen isn't around. He is solid, but the defence has to work as a unit to have any chance of a clean sheet, and that just can't be done with Konscielny or Mertesacker playing in his current form.

Relying on an injured Wilshere to recover just in time for the first leg and then put in a stellar performance is not what I'd call a solid plan to 'dominate' our midfield. Sure, it could work, but I think Wenger is more likely to build his midfield around Song. That's a much smarter and safer tactic unless Wilshere recovers much faster than expected.

Arsenal's forwards are their strongest point, and I expect Arshavin, Walcott and Gervinho to be back in form by February. RvP is class and he will be trouble if either one of Nesta and Silva are not there to keep him in check.

The 'English team' record...

So what about the fact that Arsenal is an English team and Milan have been knocked out 3 times consecutively by English teams, including Arsenal? They were significantly different Milan teams. Fabregas, who was the difference between the 2 teams last time, is now gone. If anyone still thinks this is somehow relevant, look at the year before that when an English team (Man U) were beaten by Milan on the way to the title.

English media...

Everyone knows that English media is such trash when it comes to Italian teams. I expect the phrases "tired old legs", "defensive team", "anti-football", "veterans" and "mafia tactics" to be thrown around by the commentators. There are some decent English commentators though (Martin Tyler springs to mind), but a lot are pretty awful.

Transfer Season...

I'm very interested to see what both clubs do in the transfer season, that could alter the result of the match entirely. Personally, I think Milan should get in for Podolski because he's not cup-tied, he's younger than Tevez and, most importantly, Arsenal want him too.

I'm very much looking forward to this as I know lots of Arsenal supporters. eco smile
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:46 am

My only gripe with the above post is about our defence. Koscielny is a much improved player since last season (where he was already a great centre back) and Mertesacker has gelled relatively quickly within his new team, not forgetting the first leg is still weeks away, where there's a strong possibility that Sagna will be back by then, as well as Vermaelen and a new left back
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:04 am

Lex wrote:My only gripe with the above post is about our defence. Koscielny is a much improved player since last season (where he was already a great centre back) and Mertesacker has gelled relatively quickly within his new team, not forgetting the first leg is still weeks away, where there's a strong possibility that Sagna will be back by then, as well as Vermaelen and a new left back

I generally agree with this criticism, except for the claim that Koscielny was already a great CB last season. I've seen quite a few pieces of sloppy defending from him. I haven't been following his progress that much this season, so I'll take your word on his improvement. With Mertesacker, my main concern is not that he is a bad defender or that he has not settled in well, but that he lacks pace. Allegri will surely target that as an area for exploitation.

One place where I should've elaborated is in the transfer section. Milan will be primarily looking for a midfield signing and a LB signing will also be an important piece of the puzzle. It is looking more and more likely that management is side-tracked by getting a replacement for Cassano up-forward though. Arsenal, as you mentioned, will also be looking for a LB, however I would suggest that investment is needed in midfield as well to cover for any injuries.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:07 am

I more or less agree with you on everything, except for the "defense in shambles" comment. While it's true that our defense at the start of the season was bad, we have only conceded 0.88 goals per game since the Tottenham match, and that is largely down to, not only Vermaelen, but Koscielny and Mertesacker as well. Mertesacker's pace has not proven to be any trouble at all so far, because the players next to him always cover for him, and his aerial presence compliments the lack of it in whoever he partners. In fact, not once has his "slow pace" or "lack of technique" caused us to concede a goal.

I also don't think anyone here is waiting for Wilshere to come back in time for the match. Other than the fact that he will be lacking match fitness and sharpness, he will also be thrown into a midfield of which he has little knowledge of and little chemistry with. The more realistic option would be to continue as we do now, which is better because Arteta, Song and Ramsey are very mobile, hard-working midfielders who know their way around a tackle. I see the immobility of the Milan midfield (Minus Boateng) to be a problem that we might exploit.

I think you also forgot to compare the goalkeepers, where I personally believe that Szczesny is better and is more likely to produce something outstanding/not concede a silly goal.

All in all though, neither of us has a right to judge the other teams because we both haven't watched the other team enough to be able to do so. I mean, if you think our defense is in shambles without Vermaelen, then that just proves my point. The improvement in our defense is one of the most important reasons behind our rise from the relegation zone.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:15 am

We have the most cleansheets in EPL... just sayin'
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:14 pm

Actually guys, I really have to back him up here, personal insults should not be welcomed on the forum, no matter how small it is.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:37 pm

Milanfan7 wrote:
english_jewel wrote:

What an idiot you are.

Jibers said he didn't feel like Arsenal or Chelsea would qualify and Iceman is basically saying if Arsenal improve they will beat Milan, not insulting Milan at all. The only post that backs you up is the last one but just go see the thread in your section about Arsenal and read to me what the first post says.

Go see a doctor.

You post lost all its validity,if it had any,when you insulted me. Post reported to moderator.
Jeez, it's not like he said "You're an idiot," and didn't argue against your points simply and only because he thought you were one. He did insult you, however, he also properly explained the meaning of the posts which you falsely claimed to be "BPL fans being cocky." He didn't have to insult you, but you're certainly wrong when you say the post has lost its validity. You were being dishonest and are, once again, trying to wind up Arsenal fans. Please give it a rest.

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:37 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:We have the most cleansheets in EPL... just sayin'

What about that one game...
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by milanfan7 Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:41 pm

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/15/1251106.page
:facepalm:
milanfan7
milanfan7
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:42 pm

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:

you saying milan can score 8 against us? you wanna bet?

lol anyway, do know what the arsenal team was in that 8-2 defeat? or are you actually that retarded to think that thats going to be the team that faces you in feb lol.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:47 pm

Milanfan7 wrote:http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/15/1251106.page

lol get a life.... how long you going to lurk for threads around the world?
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by milanfan7 Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:54 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
Milanfan7 wrote:http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/15/1251106.page

lol get a life.... how long you going to lurk for threads around the world?

Or or i was in the ac milan forums and someone posted this link?
milanfan7
milanfan7
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:01 pm

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:

lol anyway, do know what the arsenal team was in that 8-2 defeat? or are you actually that retarded to think that thats going to be the team that faces you in feb lol.

I don't recall ever saying Milan are going to kick 8 goals against Arsenal

I'm not going to answer the second half of your post purely because you made huge assumption on what I said. Don't call others retarded when you can't even comprehend the most basic of sentences

EDIT: Checked again, I am very positive I never said Milan will kick 8 goals against Arsenal
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:25 pm

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:
RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:

I don't recall ever saying Milan are going to kick 8 goals against Arsenal

I'm not going to answer the second half of your post purely because you made huge assumption on what I said. Don't call others retarded when you can't even comprehend the most basic of sentences

EDIT: Checked again, I am very positive I never said Milan will kick 8 goals against Arsenal

sorry for calling you retarded, looool but you dont fool me, so what does,
BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:What about that one game...
mean?

why would you bring that up then? if you are not suggesting that milan can do the same?
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:30 pm

come on guys how old are we.. calling someone an idiot is going to be reported? if i did that in the third grade i would be made fun of ffs.
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:33 pm

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:

You're just proving my point, since then we have 5 cleansheets from 6 Very Happy
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:45 pm

This thread should be a goal.com exclusive article

BREAKING NEWS: English teams' fans chastised for being confident
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:37 pm

I don't know why but I feel like Arsenal has a good chance to win it. I really trust Wenger tactics for this match if he can come in with less injuries.

Milan has a better squad than Arsenal by a good margin, but their key players are not the most reliable in big matches.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:46 pm

Looks like the legendary Arsenal/Milan rivalry of the forum is coming back Very Happy
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:47 pm

milanista99 wrote:Looks like the legendary Arsenal/Milan rivalry is coming back Very Happy

Twisted Evil
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:27 pm

So Arsenal vs Milan > Barcelona vs Real Madrid in GoalLegacy?

Twisted Evil
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:35 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:So Arsenal vs Milan > Barcelona vs Real Madrid in GoalLegacy?

Twisted Evil

much much more fierce rivalry lol...20page threads argueing between 2-4 ppl alone lol...
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:51 pm

Id be more scared to Napoli tbh..

Milan is not an easy tie but not the hardest either.

Also, as long as they are not the best counter attacking teams out there is fine with Wenger's tactics.

We are better than AC Milan in recent years.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by milanfan7 Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:00 pm

highburied wrote:Id be more scared to Napoli tbh..

Milan is not an easy tie but not the hardest either.

Also, as long as they are not the best counter attacking teams out there is fine with Wenger's tactics.

We are better than AC Milan in recent years.

You have been better,I mean all these trophies and triumphs,while milan are there trophyless.
milanfan7
milanfan7
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next