the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Red Card of the Season Empty Re: Red Card of the Season

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:09 pm

Shocked ouch

reminds me of the attack Barton did in Ethu a few years ago, Sad which he didnt even get carded for IIRC

NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:14 am

Oww.

What a dick (no pun intended)
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:33 am

Playing devil's advocate here, but I don't think that was intentional
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:40 am

It is intentional Lex. He hangs his leg there longer than what was necessary. He knew what he was doing. But red is a little harsh for that i think.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:46 am

kiranr wrote:
It is intentional Lex. He hangs his leg there longer than what was necessary. He knew what he was doing. But red is a little harsh for that i think.

IMO counts as serious violent conduct, which is a red.

If you're going to kick a guy in the balls, intentionally...you should get a red.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:47 am

kiranr wrote:

I don't think it's intentional. The only reason it looks like the leg was hanging there longer than necessary is because of the slow-motion, in real time that incident happened in a split second and I highly doubt he could move his leg in time.

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:51 am

Omniscient wrote:
kiranr wrote:

I don't think it's intentional. The only reason it looks like the leg was hanging there longer than necessary is because of the slow-motion, in real time that incident happened in a split second and I highly doubt he could move his leg in time.

i agree

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:53 am

Omniscient wrote:

It could be. I had that doubt. But the way he brought his leg down in the follow through just seemed unnatural to me. If it was a natural follow through his leg would have come down relatively faster. I may be wrong though, so i am only leaning towards intentional.

Cbarca, a red is too harsh for that considering he got the ball. All violent conducts are not given red. A lot of the am given yellow, this could have been one such.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:59 am

Cbarca, a red is too harsh for that considering he got the ball. All violent conducts are not given red. A lot of the am given yellow, this could have been one such.

Getting the ball is NOT any sort of influence when it comes to violent conduct.

I don't care if you get the ball, if you two-legged lunge from behind (obvious example of violent conduct) i don't give a crap whether you get the ball or not, you're endangering someones career with a horrifying tackle, that's a red.

Getting someone in the family jewels is not as bad, and I don't care if he got the ball. Violent conduct is violent conduct. Everytime you're raising your leg that high with an opposing player around, you are risking getting a yellow or red. In this case I think it's a red (I don't think it's natural, I think he could have easily brought his leg down a bit earlier).

Then there is the potential for anger and retaliation. If you're not giving this dangerous player a red for getting another guy in the balls...what do the players think? HEY THIS GUY DOESN'T GIVE CARDS OUT EASILY...LETS TACKLE HARDER. It's partly about people control. Sometimes giving a red (in this case justified) is the best way to keep the teams in control.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:07 am

That wasn't extreme violent conduct deserving of a straight red in my opinion, assuming that the crotch kick wasn't intentional. If his foot was a few inches off and hit the guy in the leg, nobody would've thought much of it.

This is deserving of a straight red:

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:10 am

Omniscient wrote:That wasn't extreme violent conduct deserving of a straight red in my opinion, assuming that the crotch kick wasn't intentional. If his foot was a few inches off and hit the guy in the leg, nobody would've thought much of it.

This is deserving of a straight red:

Violent conduct doesn't have to be extreme. But it depends on the force and intentions if it were just a few inches off the ground and hit his leg. There are a lot of factors that come into play.

Yes that is deserving of a straight red. He did get the ball, but once again, it doesn't matter. If you're up that high with your feet (near his head) then that is a straight red. Especially considering the velocity he came in at.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:11 am

The leg doesnt just hang there, but it moves towards the direction of the poor guys's package. well deserved imo
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down