RealGunner
aford92
Eman
35 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

MMA/UFC Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: MMA/UFC Thread

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:41 pm

I'm talking about the guys who have been fighting since before the UFC.

I say GSP is a coward in the sense of his fighting style. He doesn't like to get hit - again, I'm not saying one should enjoy taking a beating, however his style was very cautious. It worked for him, but at soon as he took a real beating he called it quits. This is just my opinion, but the timing of everything seems very suspicious to me. Waking away after a clear controversy and not allowing Hendricks a rematch or even admitting he lost. It all just rubs me the wrong way.

I'm not sure about the timing of all the testing, but I thought I was relatively close in timing. Would like to hear your thoughts on the video I posted. That one talks about how GSP was only willing to take the VADA test - which is not the one Olympic athletes use. That would be WADA the test Hendricks agreed to take and GSP essentially refused.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:44 pm

I think Aldo isn't cleared to fight because of the way he was knocked out. I do see this rematch as dangerous for McGregor and potentially the UFC because one loss you can explain, but if he's loses again, I'm not so sure Conor has the same allure. But he's so good with his words and trash talk that I feel he will always be able to sell a fight. I'm curious to see what happened because I think the only way this fight happens is if Conor is pushing for it. The UFC knows how valuable he is to the company and so does McGregor, so he understands he has more leverage than most fighters.

I hate this aspect of the business, but it can't be ignored Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:48 pm

GSP has been fighting since before the UFC (as we know it, pre Fertitta's/Dana). Will watch the video when I'm done eating dinner. GSP vacated his belt at the end of 2013 and the new testing with USADA came into effect last summer.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:50 pm

Aldo must be cleared to fight. Dana said he was offered Conor when RDA pulled out but refused due to the short notice. UFC is a business I guess but that rubbed me the wrong way. The guy was champion and undefeated for like a decade, got starched with a KO in 10 seconds that was legit, but would be the outcome 1/100 times in the fight and Conor gets a rematch to a fight he was outclassed in by an opponent with NO TRAINING CAMP while Aldo is left in the wind. I'm glad Nate Diaz is gonna make BANK though.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:53 pm

I heard mixed stories. But one was that he pulled out because he wasn't cleared. Apparently fighters are supposed to take a year off after certain knockouts. The first punch that knocked him down wasn't terrible, but the hammer fist was not pretty Sad

He certainly bounced his head off the canvas (one of the aspects I don't like)

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:09 am

Wow, I can't believe Mark Hunt won.

NZ represent!
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:44 pm

I can. Can't believe I watched that card ffs.

Frank Mir came in in the worst shape of his life. Could barely stand after 60 seconds of moving.

Love those Hunt walk away KO's/TKO's though
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:41 am

Yeah after watching the fight and seeing Frank Mir's gut, maybe I shouldn't have been surprised.

I was imagining the same Frank Mir that beat Brock Lesnar.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:51 am

Mir vs Arlovski both fighters gassed by the third round. Mir never looks ripped, but that Arlovski fight doesn't leave me surprised hearing you guys talk about Mir being out of shape.

Man, watched the DC vs Gustaffson fight and just might be a DC fan now. His clinch game is serious and while he proved he could rag doll Gustaffson, he preferred to show us he could stand and bang. He definitely won me over and I'm super excited to see him fight Jones again. I also love when fighters have a mutual respect and touch gloves and embrace after a war. Don't get me wrong, rivalries and bad blood can be fun, however I feel mixed martial arts is all about mutual respect. Fighters are expected to sell their fights, but most of the time it's all for the show.

If Diaz fights McGregor again I'm curious to see how the interviews are leading up to the fights.

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:24 am

McGregor vs Diaz II to headline UFC 200, Aldo vs Edgar II also confirmed.. I'm not really interested in either fight tbh, I think they could have done better

I was hoping to see a Jon Jones vs Rumble Johnson main event
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:48 am

Rumble gassed hard against DC...why would he deserve a shot at jones right now?

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:08 am

He did gas hard but he bounced back by destroying a top 5 contender.. Besides they were scheduled to fight before Jones got suspended.. I think he is clearly next in line for a shot

If Jones beats rumble then he would have cleaned out the division and can move up to HW which he said he wants to eventually do.. At the end of the day he's the best fighter the UFC has and is well on his way to being the GOAT.. He should headline their biggest ever event
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:22 am

Last I heard Jones isn't intent on moving up for sure - he did say he is open to fighting some of the guys, although (if I recall correctly) he said some of those guys are too big for him. I know matchup and styles vary, but the only problem with Rumble is that he would probably have to end jones early on. If it goes past the 2nd round, I don't think he has any shot.

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:33 am

Jones wouldn't *bleep* him, he would stand and bang like he always does.. It would be fun to see if Rumble could catch him

The GOAT vs The Hardest Puncher in the UFC, make it happen ffs
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:58 am

Frank Mir failed a drug test taken on the day of his fight with Hunt a couple of weeks ago

Shocked

he looked insanely out of shape going into the fight ffs, wonder what he got popped for
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:01 am

Thoughts on Ryan Hall? I watched all the of ultimate fighter USA vs Europe last night. I was impressed with a lot of the fighters!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:14 am

On Mir: from what I've heard, he used to be one of those fighters on TRT so I'm assuming it's hard for him to compete/train without it. The guy is old so that would explain why he's unable to get in decent shape while still drugging up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:47 am

Nver seen Ryan Hall fight myself

actually nvm, saw him beat Artem recently

Man, the upcoming UFC card looked really interesting. Main event ruined via injury and now the co-main is dead because Machida was taking a banned substance 'unknowingly'

been a terrible few months for the UFC with injuries especially ruining cards
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:52 am

Terrific jujitsu and I really liked his personality/philosophy on the ultimate fighter. His stand up is technical as well, but definitely no reason to stand with Artem. I'm curious to see who his first match up will be in the UFC.

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:57 pm

McGregor trolling or actually retired?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:13 am

rumors that he was asking 10m for the fight at UFC 200, UFC said no so he retired

Dana White just said he was pulled because he refused to fly to Vegas to do promotion stuff

imagine they'll throw 5m at GSP to return and fight Nate or Lawler at UFC 200 now

probably Nate

GSP comes back and smashes Nate for an insane payday - gets all that hype since Nate smashed Conor. Win-Win situation for him. Imagine he wants that over a Lawler fight.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:18 am

I guess Conor doesn't care, but it will look funny to me if he retires on a loss like that. Just wouldn't look right if you know what I'm saying.

My guess is that they will work it out, but the man seriously can't consider going out on that note. There would be a lot of talk that Diaz retires him. Even if that's not the case (in my opinion), it would be suspicious.

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:29 am

He's a fraud. Talked his way to a lot of money and then leaves as soon as he got exposed. He's nothing more than an above average fighter who starved himself to death to fight midgets.
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:33 am

they need to salvage UFC 200 somehow though

the dream would be lawler vs GSP and Nate vs RDA

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:33 am

LeSwagg James wrote:He's a fraud. Talked his way to a lot of money and then leaves as soon as he got exposed. He's nothing more than an above average fighter who starved himself to death to fight midgets.

Not really a fraud tbf, that was his plan all from the beginning 'cause he did say he was going to "get rich and get out"

he's not retired btw, just taking the piss

won't be in the business for long though, will make some more cash and get out as he said
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:59 am

The King's return is up next :bow:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite