RealGunner
aford92
Eman
35 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

MMA/UFC Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: MMA/UFC Thread

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:17 am

I don't disagree. I think all the talking McGregor did led to Aldo being a little too aggressive and rushing in. I understand the reasoning behind it, but you have to respect a fighter and remain level headed. McGregor talks a lot of smack, but he still fights with his head.

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:27 am

Diaz got his ass kicked bad though. Got bit lucky afterwards but gotta give it to him that he played the second round really well. This happens, though Diaz was pissing blood and almost gotten ended. In the end he thought the fight out really well and kudos to him for that.

McGregor should get back and stay where his ass belongs which is the featherweight. Defend the title and maybe try going up again with a little more experience and knowledge of higher weight classes.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:42 am

McGregor has just been very fortunate.. The stars just aligned perfectly so to speak.. He is a very good fighter but nothing special

He was protected up until the Aldo title shot and fought an out of shape Mendes along the way.. The first guy who could test him got caught with a fluke punch and the guy who was supposed to murder him broke his foot Laughing
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:45 am

Can someone educate this guy for me?

A cut doesn't mean a guy got his ass kicked. Nate is known for bleeding easily due to scar tissue.

Can you please respond to your earlier comments about Diaz being scared? Just curio to know if you still stand behind that...

Also please tell me when exactly Diaz almost got ended. Have you ever seen a Nate Diaz fight before?

Also does McGregor realize he was also fighting at 170? Watching the press conference now and he keeps saying how Diaz was able to take shots because of the weight. He's talking about not making excuses, yet he keeps bringing up the weight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:10 am

McGregor in being shown up when he doesn't have a serious weight advantage shocker.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:15 am

Hope some of you put money on Diaz.

Connor was getting too cocky like Ronda, this is good for him long term.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:28 am

In fairness to him though he'll still be dominant at 145 because on fight night he's so much bigger than everyone else so his punches are more effective.

At higher weights he needs to be smarter, would like to see him fight at 155 tbh as that's the most competitive division for his skillset.

If he has to fight at 145 then i'd rather see Edgar than Aldo again.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:36 am

ranDOM 10 wrote:Can someone educate this guy for me?

A cut doesn't mean a guy got his ass kicked. Nate is known for bleeding easily due to scar tissue.

Can you please respond to your earlier comments about Diaz being scared? Just curio to know if you still stand behind that...

Also please tell me when exactly Diaz almost got ended. Have you ever seen a Nate Diaz fight before?

Also does McGregor realize he was also fighting at 170? Watching the press conference now and he keeps saying how Diaz was able to take shots because of the weight. He's talking about not making excuses, yet he keeps bringing up the weight.

Diaz took a lot of punches to the chin/face and it was clearly showing at the end of the first round. Though as Mcgregor admitted he should have had hurt the body more and not only go full strength for the chin shots.  He got caught out going up in weight classes, in his mind he was assured that he can put down the opponent with his precise lefty chin shots but as I said he got caught and Nate kind of suprised him by taking all the shots well and having the urge to respond with great efficiency.

The Irishman will now stand up to defend his belt as he's still the champion and then take up the challenge once again with more experience and better preparation for more resistant and solid fighters.

There's nothing to be ashamed of. He gave Diaz a fight, as I said the experience and knowledge of a higher class fighter was lacking but he was brave enough to take up the challenge, took the outcome pretty well by being humble in defeat and certainly he's not gonna give up. I was a bit foolish in thinking he can easily put down a higher class fighter, I admit that. Again, he fared pretty well, with a bit of more luck, on another night he could have gotten that. Not every day is your day. He will come back stronger and wiser.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:42 am

Don't why it's surprising lol, Diaz has only been stopped once and that was a TKO. He's not exactly someone who is known for getting knocked down matter about KOed.

Because he was taking hits doesn't mean he was even close to going down, Connor will have to realize that his one hit punching power isn't going to have the same impact against these guys as it did at 145.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:59 am

The EA curse.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/62/EA_Sports_UFC_2_cover_art.jpg
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:01 pm

Marcus Aurelius wrote:Diaz got his ass kicked bad though. Got bit lucky afterwards but gotta give it to him that he played the second round really well. This happens, though  Diaz was pissing blood and almost gotten ended. In the end he thought the fight out really well and kudos to him for that.

McGregor should get back and stay where his ass belongs which is the featherweight. Defend the title and maybe try going up again with a little more experience and knowledge  of higher weight classes.

LMFAO, f off mate. Conor won the first round 10-9 but Diaz ate everything thrown at him came out and was about to knock him the f out in the second before making him look foolish on the ground. He literally got tooled in the standup after Nate found his footing in the second. Couldn't take shots from Nate Diaz rofl and this guy had the balls to say he was aiming for lawler who literally would have killed him in one punch. He got busted open because he has a ton of scar tissue, it happens all the time with fighters. Mcgregor's natural weight isn't even FW. Him and Diaz are naturally around the same weight, they just didn't have to cut any weight this time. Look at Conor when he's at weigh ins for FW, he looks like a zombie trying to make it.

Joe Rogan and other ppl tried to say his KO power would carry over to 155-170 but that obviously wasn't the case and he couldn't take many of Nate's shots. This is what happens when he faces someone taller than him and in his natural weight class. He's been beating up midgets and cutting to deaths door to do so like Diaz said. I doubt he will even be able to cut to FW for much longer tbh.

The most sad thing about all this is that Conor literally quit. Went for a panic takedown because he was basically out on the feet and gave up the submission because it was easier to swallow for his pride.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:03 pm

What a wonderful long post and somehow you still managed to avoid the Diaz being scared of McGregor comment. Good to know you're just a clown.

I still don't get why the weight is being mentioned so much (not by you guys, but by McGregor post fight). He cuts hard to get to 145 so I don't think it was the weight which let Diaz take the punches. My homie is just a brawler and can take a shot. I actually want to see a rematch in the future because they both bring it and talk that good smack (especially when it's happening as they fight Very Happy )

@Mole The mendes fight he wasn't super dominant. Mendes took the fight and short notice and apparently was not training at the time - not an excuse because he agreed to take the fight. So I think Mendes could give him more of a fight. Diaz didn't have a camp, however he was training for a triathlon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:04 pm

give conor props for being humble in defeat though, could have made up a bunch of excuses like other fighters did (although he still kinda did with the i took a chance going up in weight blah blah like he doesn't have 20 lbs on his opponents most nights after re-hydrating after weigh ins)
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:19 pm

I've been giving Conor respect and I knew he wouldn't be a punk after the fight. Even after the Mendes fight he was incredibly respectful and embraced Mendes.

I only took issue with the weight being brought up a few times. I saw the whole post fight press conference. But yes, I really do like this McGregor guy and I truly believe this loss was good for him. It was also really amazing for Diaz who truly deserves it. 25 fights in the UFC and as he said, he has never gotten the push Conor is getting. That being said, I think the Diaz brothers rub people the wrong way but that doesn't make how they are treated right.

I literally just found out yesterday Nick was suspended for 5 years. 5 years for smoking ganja and he has a prescription for it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:32 pm

ranDOM 10 wrote:What a wonderful long post and somehow you still managed to avoid the Diaz being scared of McGregor comment. Good to know you're just a clown.

I still don't get why the weight is being mentioned so much (not by you guys, but by McGregor post fight). He cuts hard to get to 145 so I don't think it was the weight which let Diaz take the punches. My homie is just a brawler and can take a shot. I actually want to see a rematch in the future because they both bring it and talk that good smack (especially when it's happening as they fight Very Happy )

@Mole The mendes fight he wasn't super dominant. Mendes took the fight and short notice and apparently was not training at the time - not an excuse because he agreed to take the fight. So I think Mendes could give him more of a fight. Diaz didn't have a camp, however he was training for a triathlon.

And you have again proved that you're a hypocrite. Congrats.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:38 pm

I've been here a long time my man. Believe what you want and keep avoiding the Diaz being scared comment. I'll admit I'm not being very humble, but you guys got me very invested in this fight. The only difference is that I respected Connor before and after the fight, you disrespected Diaz before the fight and here even after the fight you can't accept how things played out. #byeFelicia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:44 pm

Marcus Aurelius wrote:Diaz was shitting his pants at the press conference. He's got destroyed by Conor already.

ranDOM 10 wrote:Diaz shitting his pants? Ok...

You can tell me McGregor is going to destroy Diaz and I'm not going to argue against that (it's all opinion). But there's no chance Diaz is scared. I have respect for both fighters; especially considering the circumstances in which this fight unfolded.

Marcus Aurelius wrote:
Mate, you can clearly tell he is shaking. He feels uncomfortable, he's not confident. He's legs are gonna get heavy when he steps inside the octagon and faces Mcgregor. Nate  is behaving like Poirier, and if you have seen the moment Dustin stood up in front of Conor seconds before the start of the fight, you would know what I'm talking about.  He was shaking, literally.

Just incase you forgot...

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:44 pm

I admitted that I was foolish in thinking Conor can put down a higher class figher easily. Should have read my post in whole before jumping to your delusional conclusions.

The only disrespectful thing I have said against Diaz was that he's "not really bright" which is not far off the reality.

In fact, you have been more disrespectful towards me and Ronalessi than I have been towards the fighter himself.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:45 pm

i'm pleased nate got a pretty huge pay day by his standards, dude's been busting his ass in the UFC for years earning relative peanuts. He's always been an entertaining dude.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:50 pm

Yeah well I get to speak with you guys 1 on 1 while you judge a human being on some interviews. Again, what do you guys use to measure intelligence? I read all of your posts, line for line and I just quoted some because you're still avoiding my one question.

The topic hits close to home because I grew up with social anxiety and I was made to feel stupid because I wasn't well spoken. And please spare me the sudden sensitive bullshit. Ronalessi wants to call a man stupid and all of a sudden he is crying because I fired shots back. Yes, I admit this is out of character, but I don't regret a single thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:54 pm

Firenze wrote:i'm pleased nate got a pretty huge pay day by his standards, dude's been busting his ass in the UFC for years earning relative peanuts. He's always been an entertaining dude.

I asked this question before the fight. McGregor seems to entertain people while Diaz brothers seem to rub people the wrong way (understandably so). They are a little more hoodish and love to drop F bombs and flip off the camera. But it can't be taken personally, they just feel they are not respected and don't get the push other fighters have gotten.

I think McGregor pulls it off better because he is well spoken and understands the art of selling a fight. I'm not saying he is disingenuous, but I think he is more calculated. Some of my close friends think it's strange a person like me would support Nick and Nate. But when I watch more intimate videos that talk about them, I really respect them for all the hard work and dedication to the art.

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:01 pm

I don't think there was any need for you to cry out about how hard you have had it when growing up.

'Bright' doesn't (necessary) mean intelligent. Also, you can tell if someone is bright even by their body language.

Alright, I have had enough with you. I don't care how you feel, what you been through and what you think. I am also not obliged to explain anything to you.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:06 pm

Very Happy I love you, mate Heart

You somehow managed to make this event that much sweeter. I hope your psychology degree takes you amazing places in life.

Thank you for responding to you Nate Diaz shitting his pants comment. You clearly know how to read body language very well Thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:27 pm

The whole being scared thing is ridiculous Laughing

I don't believe in the prefight psychoanalysis crap of reading someone and knowing they're scared lol.. I don't think any of Conor's opponents were scared of him because of his trash talking, he got in some of their heads but that isn't fear.. He's no Anthony Johnson Laughing

LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:33 pm

nate hitting him with the stockton slap a few times in the fight Proud

MMA/UFC Thread - Page 7 DearestBestGrunion
Firenze
Firenze