beatrixasdfghjk.
Sina
mani88
SamuelJayC
13 posters

Go down

Arsenal v Everton Preview Empty Arsenal v Everton Preview

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:15 pm

Arsenal v Everton, Saturday 10th December, 3pm, Emirates Stadium, Premier League

Arsenal v Everton Preview Laurent+Koscielny+Arsenal+v+Everton+Premier+GiWL5BTmqF9l
Koscielny's header won this fixture last season as Arsenal came from behind to win 2-1

Arsenal hoping to continue fine league form

Arsenal will be hoping to make it 7 wins in the last 8 league games with three points against Everton on Saturday. The gunners have been in excellent form since the beginning of October, the only blip coming against Fulham in the last home game. In contrast, the toffees travel to London on the back of 6 defeats in their last 9 league games. Last weekend saw David Moye's side lose 1-0 at home to Stoke, a game in which Everton failed to register a shot on target.

Gunners' reserves disappoint in Greece

Tuesday night served as a great opportunity for Arsene Wenger to field a weakened line-up at Olympiakos. Arsenal had already qualified as group winners, whilst Olympiakos were fighting to join the gunners in the knock-out rounds. There were some positive performances (Yossi Benayoun, Alex-Oxlade Chamberlain) but the majority disappointed and there was also an injury to Andre Santos. All in all a frustrating night, but thankfully it mattered little. Olympiakos' efforts were not rewarded as Marseille joined Wenger's side in the last 16.

Arsenal double over Everton last season

Last season, Arsenal managed to the double over Everton in the league, winning both fixtures 2-1. The first meeting came at Goodison park where goals from Bacary Sagna and Cesc Fabregas gave the gunners victory, whilst at the Emirates Arsenal came from behind with goals from Andrey Arshavin and Laurent Koscielny, after an off-side Louis Saha goal was allowed to stand.

Arteta ready to face former side

On August 31st earlier this year, Arsene Wenger brought in Mikel Arteta from Everton for £10m. At the time, this signing was criticised in some quarters, with many suggesting the Spaniard was "past his best" or "injury-prone", but the former Rangers midfielder has excelled in North London. Arteta's consistency has stood out alongside Alex Song and Aaron Ramsey, and the talented midfielder has also scored 3 goals for the gunners this campaign. The returns of Jack Wilshere and Abou Diaby will increase the options in midfield, but for now, it seems Arteta is a stalwart in the middle of the park for Arsenal.

Match Facts

* Arsenal have scored more goals against Everton than any team versus any opponent in Premier League history (79).

* Robin van Persie has scored or assisted seven goals in seven games against Everton (four goals, three assists).

* Arsenal have won six and lost none of the last eight Premier League games against the Toffees.

* Everton have scored first in four of their five Premier League visits to the Emirates, but lost two and drawn two of those games.

* Mikel Arteta has made more successful passes in the opposition half (531 for Arsenal) than any other player this season (even excluding his games at Everton).

* Arsenal have taken 19 points from their last seven Premier League matches – the same number of points as they took from the previous 18 games.

Team News

Arsenal

Andre Santos (ankle), Lukasz Fabianski (knee) and Vito Mannone (shoulder) all returned from Greece with injuries in mid-week. They join Jack Wilshere (ankle), Bacary Sagna (ankle), Carl Jenkinson (back), Kieran Gibbs (hernia) and Abou Diaby (hamstring) on the sidelines. Alex Song is one yellow card away from a 1-match ban.

Everton

Jack Rodwell, Leon Osman (both hamstring) and Royston Drenthe (foot) are all out, but Louis Saha (thigh) could return. Victor Anichebe (groin) is also out.

Arsenal v Everton Preview AbBI9Bmaf8

Arsenal subs - Almunia Miquel Frimpong Rosicky Benayoun Arshavin Chamakh

Manager's views

Arsene Wenger

"History is one thing, performance on the day is another, and that is what is important for us at the moment. We are in a position where we just want to collect points because the pace dictated by the teams in front of us is tremendous. To keep in touch with them it is important we win our games. We know we fight for our lives in the Premier League. We have come back to a decent position and want to climb high up. Our job is to focus to reach our targets, to make history but to leave it to other responsible people at the club to honour those who have already made history. We are there to perform, and that is what we want to do tomorrow."

David Moyes

"I thought last season was our best chance of finishing in the top four. We could have been right up there and Mikel would have been part of that. If we'd done it he would have stayed. Looking back, it was the right time for Mikel to move and everyone knew we needed the money. I got a call from the chairman at 3pm on deadline day, and at one minute past three Mikel was knocking at my door. All the other players had gone home, and he was in my office saying he wanted to go. It was a very difficult situation. Do I regret it? No — it was right for Mikel and for the club. Would I want him in my team? Of course I would. But we bought him for £2.5m and sold him for £10m aged 29. Yes we'd rather have him, but I don't think anyone could say it was bad business."

Last edited by Samuelj29060 on Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:04 am; edited 3 times in total
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Everton Preview Empty Re: Arsenal v Everton Preview

Post by mani88 Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:22 pm

Nice preview sam.

Our injury list is growing Crying or Very sad
mani88
mani88
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:33 pm

Alex Song is one yellow card away from a 1-match ban.

Arsenal v Everton Preview Roflbot

banana
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:40 pm

At least we have four fit centre backs...

Who we have to play as fullbacks because of injuries :facepalm:

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:56 pm

Nice one Sam, we have some of the best fan previewers and reviewers, i could never pull 2 sentences 2gether to save my life let alone those huge paragraphs. Some of u guys could easily get jobs at some local newspaper.

Anyways, i expect a win but a hard one, they are similar to Fulham.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:20 pm

I WOULD LIKE to be GIven my CHANCE to dO preveiW Very Happy
MANCITY away for me plEase bounce
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:33 pm

Thanks for compliments guys. If you want to do a preview, contact RG.

We do the previews on a rotational basis.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:28 pm

Nice job Sam.

Will be a tough game and Saha will give us problems. Its a home game and we must take care of business we cant let what happened last home game.

I am going with a 3-1 win, with RVP scoring 2wince. Chaka
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:57 pm

Fantastic work as always Wink

I will add my thoughts for later but for now

SONG CAN NOT GET SUSPENDED AT ANY COST. we have man city away and Aston villa away. He needs to be safe tomorrow.

if given a choice he might as well take a yellow at man city game. but not tomorrow
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:39 pm

i couldn't get in contact with evertonians
what kinda reception Arteta will receive by them?
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:08 pm

I've got an Economics final at the same time as this game tomorrow Sad. Hopefully I come home to a good result.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:19 pm

Everton are always a tricky side, eventhough we have a good record against them. And for some reason they do better at the Emirates then at goodison park lol

Our team will be fresh, With the chemistery improving with each game. I expect us to really go out and get all the 3 points. Rvp should be fired up as he has been last few months, And would be great if Theo can keep up the assists Very Happy

Wonder how the Everton fans will react towards Arteta. He didn't leave on bad terms or anything. lets see.

Back 4 will be interesting. Wenger can put coquelin on the Right, And with theo on that side. it shouldnt be that bad.

But the expected back 4 is the one Sam mentioned.

Hoping for a solid performance. We have 2 Tricky fixtures coming up after Everton. So lets go with high morale n good form.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:19 pm

Good luck Eman!

Is it Micro or Macro ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:43 pm

Clubber

I WOULD LIKE to be GIven my CHANCE to dO preveiW
MANCITY away for me plEase

Arsenal v Everton Preview Roflbot
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:47 pm

Sri handles my share of the previews now lol.

I will speak to him Very Happy
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:20 pm

Hey fellas!

Just got home.. Had a busy busy day..

@Sam - Great preview mate..

@Sina- Yup you can do the Man City away game since I am going to be on a flight then.. I am hoping I can reach in time to watch the game!! :/

@Match - Easy 3 points as long as we don't try to play the Arsenal way of complicating the simplest of matches.. I'd say 3-0 to us safely, but the clean sheet would largely depend on who features in the back four and where.. If Squillashit plays for any reason what so ever, or Blondie [whose presence, even on the bench, is going to give me a sleepless night] then forget the CS.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:40 pm

srigooner wrote:
@Sina- Yup you can do the Man City away game since I am going to be on a flight then.. I am hoping I can reach in time to watch the game!! :/
THANKS cheers
and thanks to me thread is suffering
back to topic guys :arrow:
sorry
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:58 pm

Should I watch this match?
It's at one, unless I did my maths wrong...

Though it's Sunday morning, who cares?
Razz.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:08 am

RealGunner wrote:Good luck Eman!

Is it Micro or Macro ?
Thanks. It's Macro. I have a pretty good mark atm, so I'm not too worried 🐰
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:10 am

Hehe, and then you can teach me (:

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:24 am

Eman wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Good luck Eman!

Is it Micro or Macro ?
Thanks. It's Macro. I have a pretty good mark atm, so I'm not too worried 🐰

Marco is easy Micro is hard....when you have Chinese professor it's 10x harder

btw i predict a 2-1 win for us tmrw....
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:32 am

5-1 Arsenal

Vellios to score for Everton cheers
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Quinten Metsys Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:41 am

Everton boss David Moyes has conceded former player Mikel Arteta has fitted in well at Arsenal since his move to the Emirates.

The midfielder left Goodison Park for the Gunners on transfer deadline day in the summer for £10 million, having spent six-and-a-half seasons with the Merseyside club.

The manager – who signed Arteta from Real Sociedad in January 2005 – admitted the north London club’s style suits the Spaniard.

“I've watched from the television, I've not seen him play live,” the Toffees manager admitted to Sky Sports News.

“But from what I have seen Mikel has played well. He played great for us and it looks as if he's giving a good contribution at Arsenal.

“I think the style suits Mikel. He's on the ball plenty of times, getting lots of touches and he's having an influence on the game.

“From that point of view, he'll be revelling in the job he's got and what he's doing at Arsenal.”

Everton currently sit 10th in the Premier League table after 13 matches having lost 1-0 at home to Stoke City last weekend.

The Toffees have lacked goals this season, and Moyes has backed midfielder Tim Cahill to find the back of the net soon, despite the Australian's goalless streak stretching back to the end of last year.
Moyes confessed: “We all need a goal, not just Tim. It wouldn't matter if Tim scored or not. I think the team needed a goal certainly last week

“Tim's not just a goalscorer, he's an all-round player. We ask him to do other things, sometimes it's different roles, roles for the team.

“But recently he's played up front for us so we'll give him the chance to try and score those goals.”
Quinten Metsys
Quinten Metsys
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:55 am

Great preview Sam, great result also tongue lucky arsenal-Lucky EMAN :study: well... macro means much more "money"than micro :facepalm: or what does it mean! :hmm:I'm interested coz we should buy "him"u know! trololoool...(just kidding)......................Good LUCK mate drinking

ahhh @RG: hey mate why don't u give a chance 2"him" ! trololool..well maybe i've misunderstood it Razz

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:06 pm

For the first time in I think 7 years, I won't be watching the arsenal game live. I haven't missed a game, watching it in the stadium, on tv, on streams since 2005/6.

Therefore I won't be able to do the live thread as I won't be around.

I will be back online an hour after full-time. Hopefully we have the 3 points.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: