pUsHa
Grande_Milano
Ganso
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Taiwo Empty Taiwo

Post by Ganso Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:48 pm

Am i the only one worried about this guy?Was considered our LB solution and hes not even being able to outperform antonini this season
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Taiwo Empty Re: Taiwo

Post by Grande_Milano Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:17 pm

How was here vs Plzen? When is the draw by the way?
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:19 pm

he was bad vs plzen,the draw in i the 16th
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:21 pm

we need lb then, didac should be phoned up
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:24 pm

heard didac has been meh,gave a penalty away on the last game he played.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:25 pm

When you get players for free they are always sh1t ..
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:30 pm

Regis, usually I come to respectfully disagree with you but I can't help but agree with you here.

Taiwo never was my desired solution as I never felt we needed his type of player considering Milan philosophy is always hungry for intelligent and technical players.

I know he is fast, strong, attacking with a laser left foot. But he is not showing it.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt since he probably is doubting his own ability with the bench apps along with playing in a league which is tougher and requires more footballing IQ then the Ligue 1 but he must show the he can cope with the best teams as forget defense, his attack is poor so far as even local San Siro window cleaner Antonini is performing better.

Lets wait here though.

Meanwhile Didac Vila is beasting in Espanyol. Don't make the mistake twice max.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:31 pm

I'm not sure if you guys remember, but in a CL match a while ago (Think it was the draw against BATE) Taiwo gave the ball away and they took advantage, scoring. After that, he went completely downhill. He's even worse than Antonini know IMO.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:24 pm

Many posters at the start of the season did say they weren't expecting Taiwo to be a hit from the get go.

Good thing we didnt have sky high expectations or his reputation around this forum could be so much worse
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:16 pm

He was expected to be on the level of normal/good LB like Nagatomo for example.

He failed all expectations though.
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:33 pm

Nagatomo is crap lol
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:37 pm

NI don't often watch Inter games but Nagatomo is a beast for Japan, he can even play RM. After this morning, I'd rather have him over Taiwo... quite disappointing after his good form for Marseille just before he came to us. Ideally, we would try to promote a Primavera player into the starting XI and he becomes a hit, it's just whether Allegri is willing to take that risk? Probably not.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:46 pm

I said I'd give Taiwo time to impress me and I'm fairly patient with players, so I've no problem with waiting another six months for him to improve, however it's frustrating when you find yourself as a fan investing time and faith in a player you never wanted to begin with.

Criscito is in the past though, either Taiwo or Vila must impress our management. In the mean time, we still have more serious problems, midfielders are my priority.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:52 pm

Of course we shouldn't give up on him,players improve all the time.I'm just worried because his level of crapness is pretty high atm
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:58 pm

I definitely understand your position; realistically he needs to be played as often as possible in the league, otherwise he'll go nowhere, so Allegri's use of him over the new few months will really determine my view of his future. If by the time the Round of 16 matches roll around he still isn't an undisputed starter then I want him to be moved on at the end of the season, there's no point restricting his chances of success elsewhere.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:08 pm

We have to take our chances with this and take risks. If we're going to play Taiwo in the league, start him every game, it's the only way he will get better. If this is tried and fails or does not eventuate at all, it's time to promote a youth player, because frankly this problem has gone on for far too long.

In the modern game, width is everything in many forward lines, it's what allows players to get through tough CB pairing's like ours. They go round the outside and in behind our defensive line, and that's clearly how we are conceding most of our goals these days.

We need to defend as a unit, with no weak links. Our LB position has crippled our defence for far too long and it will cost us any hope of the CL this year, surely Galliani and Berlusconi can see that too. As much as I think we need a midfielder for some extra spark going forward, LB should be quite a high priority too.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:14 pm

Exactly,most teams use wingers and have attacking fullbacks in CL:Madrid,barca,bayern,every epl team....actually,it's tough to think about a cl team that doesn't use wide players.let's not forget how the goal that took us out last season originated.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:19 pm

Ganso wrote:Exactly,most teams use wingers and have attacking fullbacks in CL:Madrid,barca,bayern,every epl team....actually,it's tough to think about a cl team that doesn't use wide players.let's not forget how the goal that took us out last season originated.

painful memories :facepalm: Mad Crying or Very sad
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by red&blacklegion Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:05 pm

The man is supposed to be fast but he looks slower than Nesta!terrible defending ,positioning ,and mediocre crossing! That bastard Perziosi should have sold Criscito to Milan!
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by tonger Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:28 pm

his chance to impress has been so limited, its not surprising that he doesnt perform.... at this point like dos said, until taiwo gets consistent playing time, we wont know if hes worthy of a spot on our team, but that will come with risk, so i wont blame the management if they wont go with taiwo atm.

i hope he succeeds, but in his limited chances, he hasnt shown anything special, and i wouldnt mind him gone soon at end of season.
tonger
tonger
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:59 am

Taiwo has not impressed me so far. BUT I hope we give him more playing time and maybe he will start to get the hang of things. I still think he could be our solution at LB given enough time. I hope at least. But as of right now we still don't have a for sure starter at LB, we need that as well. Sure looks like we are getting Tevez and we still have that player coming in from Genoa to, you can't forget that. Their president said there is an agreement for a player in January. Didn't say who but we have a player coming from them.

Last edited by DRK on Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:52 am

Is it Merkel, aka Dolph Lundgren coming back hmm
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:55 am

To me i feel Milan's atmosphere as a double sided sword for players like Taiwo because im almost 100% sure hes gonna be offloaded at some point and Milan just make players feel so welcome and needed.

I have more faith in Antonini than Taiwo at this point.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:12 am

Sorry if this is considered trolling but i couldn't help interfere.. This LB problem of yours interrests me a lot since Juve too are struggling finding a good player for that position.. Never heard of Didac and the videos on youtube are crap but he's young and looks like a good call. We are most likely going for either Kolarov or Cissokho but who knows, excited to see who will come out of january with the better "left hand" Laughing
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:18 pm

LWL91 wrote:Sorry if this is considered trolling but i couldn't help interfere.. This LB problem of yours interrests me a lot since Juve too are struggling finding a good player for that position.. Never heard of Didac and the videos on youtube are crap but he's young and looks like a good call. We are most likely going for either Kolarov or Cissokho but who knows, excited to see who will come out of january with the better "left hand" Laughing

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion

Source: Wikipedia.

So no, not trolling.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down