Lucas Leiva

+32
kiranr
stevieg8
Red Alert
Funkentelechy
Abramovich
Blackmore.
TheRedStag
Amar
BeautifulGame
hrealmadrid
The Messiah
RealGunner
Swanhends
McLewis
EarlyPrototype
Babun
Highburied
iftikhar
donttreadonred
michael1
Lex
Sushi Master
Le Samourai
mr-r34
elmickio
McAgger
RedOranje
Vibe
Ganso
Sir Psycho
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Nishankly
36 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Lucas Leiva - Page 5 Empty Re: Lucas Leiva

Post by The Messiah Tue May 08, 2012 7:34 pm

stevieg8 wrote:
II Capitano wrote:Lucas was brilliant in the first half of the season, and you could easily argue that had he present for the majority of the season then Liverpool wouldn't be in the position they're currently in. Liverpool doesn't have a player of Lucas' mould, which is probably why they should look to invest in a defensive midfielder for next season, just for assurance and for depth. Spearing isn't really good, and hasn't dealt well with the pressure on his shoulders.

As for the comparisons, well, it doesn't really matter because if you're a club with players like Lucas, Gustavo, Busquets, Carrick, etc., then you should be delighted with what you have. Although these players don't run like Parker, who is massively overrated, they do a better job and deal with a lot of pressure effectively. The comparison between Lucas and Gustavo is unfair because the latter isn't an orthodox defensive midfielder, more of a box-to-box midfielder, and is asked to contributed to Bayern Munich's attacking player; Lucas is the pure definition of defensive midfielder.

Nonetheless, good news for Liverpool fans. If they can also invest on a couple of wingers, then the squad will do well next season, and you could enter the Champions League race, possibly finishing fourth. They need more quality, however, if they are to become a title-chasing team.

Class post. Agree entirely.

Idris, you've started contradicting yourself from post to post. First you say Gustavo is on the same level as Lucas, who serves not only as the rock in front of our defense and a major contributor to our defensive strength, but also a player who finds great passes and moves the ball creatively, helping orchestrate attacks from the back. Then you say Gustavo is a pure destroyer who does nothing but play short, easy passes, and the suggestion that he's a B2B is absurd, he's a pure DM. Then you say he's a B2B destroyer. Seriously, you're getting in over your head on an intellectual level. This thread had nothing to do with Bayern, go start a Luis Gustavo thread and you can have your wankfest there.

I didn't say some of those stuff, you came up with some of those things by yourself maybe out of guilty conscience, but funny enough you were right with all the things you came up with, in regards to Gustavo.

What makes him cool is because he can do all those things all in one, it's a win win situation.

Comparing Lucas to Gustavo is an honour, one that Lucas should be proud of.

The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Posts : 6153
Join date : 2011-06-05

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Lucas Leiva - Page 5 Empty Re: Lucas Leiva

Post by stevieg8 Tue May 08, 2012 7:50 pm

Idrisozet wrote:Gustavo and Lucas are equally as godly.

Il Capitano wrote:The comparison between Lucas and Gustavo is unfair because the latter isn't an orthodox defensive midfielder, more of a box-to-box midfielder, and is asked to contributed to Bayern Munich's attacking player; Lucas is the pure definition of defensive midfielder.

Idrisozet wrote:
Gustavo isn't bad going forward, in fact he was more like a hybrid box to box play-maker destroyer for Hoffenheim, but ever since he move to Bayern, his playmaking ability has been reduced to only destroying and giving easy short passings to Kroos and Schweini to distribute..

Pretty sure I just quoted all of the different things I claimed you said. Like I said, you're contradicting yourself.

And if Gustavo's "playmaking ability has been reduced to only destroying and giving easy short passings", I'd rather you not make the comparison to Lucas. It could be you're just selling your player short, but either way, stop claiming you didn't say things you did. Seriously, the posts are RIGHT THERE. I'm not even asking you to go look through a different thread.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 2114
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Lucas Leiva - Page 5 Empty Re: Lucas Leiva

Post by The Messiah Tue May 08, 2012 8:22 pm

stevieg8 wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:Gustavo and Lucas are equally as godly.

Il Capitano wrote:The comparison between Lucas and Gustavo is unfair because the latter isn't an orthodox defensive midfielder, more of a box-to-box midfielder, and is asked to contributed to Bayern Munich's attacking player; Lucas is the pure definition of defensive midfielder.

Idrisozet wrote:
Gustavo isn't bad going forward, in fact he was more like a hybrid box to box play-maker destroyer for Hoffenheim, but ever since he move to Bayern, his playmaking ability has been reduced to only destroying and giving easy short passings to Kroos and Schweini to distribute..

Pretty sure I just quoted all of the different things I claimed you said. Like I said, you're contradicting yourself.

And if Gustavo's "playmaking ability has been reduced to only destroying and giving easy short passings", I'd rather you not make the comparison to Lucas. It could be you're just selling your player short, but either way, stop claiming you didn't say things you did. Seriously, the posts are RIGHT THERE. I'm not even asking you to go look through a different thread.

So I am also Capitano :facepalm:

Plus how do I contradict myself? Gustavo was much creative with Hoffenheim, although he's still good at pushing forward with Bayern, but his primary duty is to destroy which he does very well, but nevertheless he still protect our defense and add a lot to attack, but nowadays he does more in defense than attacking and creating like he used to when he was still with Hoffenheim.

Watch this video then you will get a clue of what I mean

and my other quote, the first one I only said he's as godly as Lucas, meaning he's as good as Lucas over-rall, the other quote is definitely not mine but yeah the last one, there is no I way I was contradicting myself and I never ever deny what I say.

I agree I re-evaluate my opinion but it's definitely not in this case

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 6153
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Lucas Leiva - Page 5 Empty Re: Lucas Leiva

Post by stevieg8 Tue May 08, 2012 8:59 pm

Idrisozet wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:Gustavo and Lucas are equally as godly.

Il Capitano wrote:The comparison between Lucas and Gustavo is unfair because the latter isn't an orthodox defensive midfielder, more of a box-to-box midfielder, and is asked to contributed to Bayern Munich's attacking player; Lucas is the pure definition of defensive midfielder.

Idrisozet wrote:
Gustavo isn't bad going forward, in fact he was more like a hybrid box to box play-maker destroyer for Hoffenheim, but ever since he move to Bayern, his playmaking ability has been reduced to only destroying and giving easy short passings to Kroos and Schweini to distribute..

Pretty sure I just quoted all of the different things I claimed you said. Like I said, you're contradicting yourself.

And if Gustavo's "playmaking ability has been reduced to only destroying and giving easy short passings", I'd rather you not make the comparison to Lucas. It could be you're just selling your player short, but either way, stop claiming you didn't say things you did. Seriously, the posts are RIGHT THERE. I'm not even asking you to go look through a different thread.

So I am also Capitano :facepalm:

Plus how do I contradict myself? Gustavo was much creative with Hoffenheim, although he's still good at pushing forward with Bayern, but his primary duty is to destroy which he does very well, but nevertheless he still protect our defense and add a lot to attack, but nowadays he does more in defense than attacking and creating like he used to when he was still with Hoffenheim.

Watch this video then you will get a clue of what I mean

and my other quote, the first one I only said he's as godly as Lucas, meaning he's as good as Lucas over-rall, the other quote is definitely not mine but yeah the last one, there is no I way I was contradicting myself and I never ever deny what I say.

I agree I re-evaluate my opinion but it's definitely not in this case


Wow, I quoted Capitano to give the context to your second statement. I'm going to assume that in your native tongue you'd be somewhat more competent, this is embarrassing to watch.

And my point was that if Lucas is central to our midfield both in D and in terms of creativity, and yet all Gustavo does in terms of creativity is play short passes, then I know which one I'd rather have in my team. Responding by posting a video of his defensive skills simply proves my point further. :facepalm:
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 2114
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Lucas Leiva - Page 5 Empty Re: Lucas Leiva

Post by The Messiah Tue May 08, 2012 9:08 pm

stevieg8 wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:Gustavo and Lucas are equally as godly.

Il Capitano wrote:The comparison between Lucas and Gustavo is unfair because the latter isn't an orthodox defensive midfielder, more of a box-to-box midfielder, and is asked to contributed to Bayern Munich's attacking player; Lucas is the pure definition of defensive midfielder.

Idrisozet wrote:
Gustavo isn't bad going forward, in fact he was more like a hybrid box to box play-maker destroyer for Hoffenheim, but ever since he move to Bayern, his playmaking ability has been reduced to only destroying and giving easy short passings to Kroos and Schweini to distribute..

Pretty sure I just quoted all of the different things I claimed you said. Like I said, you're contradicting yourself.

And if Gustavo's "playmaking ability has been reduced to only destroying and giving easy short passings", I'd rather you not make the comparison to Lucas. It could be you're just selling your player short, but either way, stop claiming you didn't say things you did. Seriously, the posts are RIGHT THERE. I'm not even asking you to go look through a different thread.

So I am also Capitano :facepalm:

Plus how do I contradict myself? Gustavo was much creative with Hoffenheim, although he's still good at pushing forward with Bayern, but his primary duty is to destroy which he does very well, but nevertheless he still protect our defense and add a lot to attack, but nowadays he does more in defense than attacking and creating like he used to when he was still with Hoffenheim.

Watch this video then you will get a clue of what I mean

and my other quote, the first one I only said he's as godly as Lucas, meaning he's as good as Lucas over-rall, the other quote is definitely not mine but yeah the last one, there is no I way I was contradicting myself and I never ever deny what I say.

I agree I re-evaluate my opinion but it's definitely not in this case


Wow, I quoted Capitano to give the context to your second statement. I'm going to assume that in your native tongue you'd be somewhat more competent, this is embarrassing to watch.

And my point was that if Lucas is central to our midfield both in D and in terms of creativity, and yet all Gustavo does in terms of creativity is play short passes, then I know which one I'd rather have in my team. Responding by posting a video of his defensive skills simply proves my point further. :facepalm:

What's your point dude...? There is no point continuing with you, you have no point...

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 6153
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Lucas Leiva - Page 5 Empty Re: Lucas Leiva

Post by stevieg8 Tue May 08, 2012 10:04 pm

Idrisozet wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:
Wow, I quoted Capitano to give the context to your second statement. I'm going to assume that in your native tongue you'd be somewhat more competent, this is embarrassing to watch.

And my point was that if Lucas is central to our midfield both in D and in terms of creativity, and yet all Gustavo does in terms of creativity is play short passes, then I know which one I'd rather have in my team. Responding by posting a video of his defensive skills simply proves my point further. :facepalm:

What's your point dude...? There is no point continuing with you, you have no point...


My point is what follows the part where I say "my point is..." Really pretty simple to figure out.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 2114
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Lucas Leiva - Page 5 Empty Re: Lucas Leiva

Post by McAgger Tue May 08, 2012 10:12 pm

Stevieg8 mate there's no point arguing with Idris, he lives in a fantasy where he's always right, it's impossible for him to comprehend logic.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28304
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 106

Back to top Go down

Lucas Leiva - Page 5 Empty Re: Lucas Leiva

Post by II Capitano Wed May 09, 2012 2:16 pm

stevieg8, don't bother, it's a waste of time.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 784
Join date : 2011-10-28
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Lucas Leiva - Page 5 Empty Re: Lucas Leiva

Post by Nishankly Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:36 pm

Time to take this back to the General thread?

Few Lucas Leiva stats against Southampton -

Lucas Leiva made more forward passes (45) in a Premer League game than any player has this season.

Lucas Leiva made 8 tackles against Southampton and won 7 of them. Made 88 passes with 86% accuracy, 51% of them were forward. Ground duels 15 - 8 of which he won. 4 Aerial duels, won all of them.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20942
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Lucas Leiva - Page 5 Empty Re: Lucas Leiva

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:33 pm

So many fouls in that video. :facepalm:
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 4186
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Lucas Leiva - Page 5 Empty Re: Lucas Leiva

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum