Is Lucas Leiva the most underrated DM in Europe?

+34
Kaladin
M99
Highburied
ExtremistEnigma
S
Nishankly
Tomwin Lannister
Blackmore.
VanDeezNuts
AltoZ
donttreadonred
McAgger
Red Alert
poolsupporter
Blue
Magricos
red&blacklegion
BeautifulGame
Sir Psycho
ArsenalWenger
tsgooner1
McLewis
Gil
Ali
TheRedStag
biggiejay
zizzle
theaguia
Ganso
Raptorgunner
Swanhends
Sushi Master
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Mr Nick09
38 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Is Lucas Leiva the most underrated DM in Europe? Empty Is Lucas Leiva the most underrated DM in Europe?

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 18:53

Is Lucas Leiva the most underrated DM in Europe? Lucas_2011

confused
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Is Lucas Leiva the most underrated DM in Europe? Empty Re: Is Lucas Leiva the most underrated DM in Europe?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 18:56

Along with Tiote and Fernando yes Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Is Lucas Leiva the most underrated DM in Europe? Empty Re: Is Lucas Leiva the most underrated DM in Europe?

Post by Guest Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 18:56

Actually, i don't think he's that great.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 19:01

I don't hear much people rating him, actually. Most think he's crap because of Liverpool's half season form.

He did improve a lot, I admit, but to those that hype him think he's Xabi MK2... no.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 19:03

mikel :coffee:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 19:03

accidental double post :coffee:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 19:04

He is a hard worker.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 19:05

the DM with most successful tackles in EPL this season :coffee:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 19:05

He's something between Xabi and Masch....not as good as Masch in tackling, and not as good as Xabi in distribution....but better than Xabi in tackling and better than Masch in distribution.

Only 24, and if improve at the rate he's done, he'll be soon WC :coffee:

You don't dominate midfields of United/Chelsea/City/etc being average :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 19:06

sportsczy wrote:Actually, i don't think he's that great.

Rich man's M'Vila :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 19:07

Sepi wrote:

Ummm.... no.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 19:08

Sepi wrote:

Is Lucas Leiva the most underrated DM in Europe? Tiote Poor man's me :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 19:13

sportsczy wrote:
Sepi wrote:

Ummm.... no.

ymm,,.,,Yes.

Name me one big game that M'Vila has bossed world class teams.....Lyon don't count of course.

Highest # of tackles and success rate in 5 Top leagues in Europe Last season :coffee:

Second most successful tackler in PL the season before that only behind Masch :coffee:

Benfica of 09/10 season were almost as good as Porto of this year...but they didn't achieve European success because of one man ......guess his name :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 19:16

fernando is more underrated, and he is better in my opinion
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 19:18

Sepi wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
Sepi wrote:

Ummm.... no.

ymm,,.,,Yes.

Name me one big game that M'Vila has bossed world class teams.....Lyon don't count of course.

Highest # of tackles and success rate in 5 Top leagues in Europe Last season :coffee:

Second most successful tackler in PL the season before that only behind Masch :coffee:

Benfica of 09/10 season were almost as good as Porto of this year...but they didn't achieve European success because of one man ......guess his name :coffee:

kuyt?
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 19:23

Sepi wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
Sepi wrote:

Ummm.... no.

ymm,,.,,Yes.

Yeah... he's being coveted by Man U, Madrid, Bayern, etc. like M'Vila. Stats only work for goalkeepers and CFs to tell the story... they only tell a very partial story regarding every other position.

The only reason Rennes was even close to the top of the table was that M'Vila was managing the whole defensive side of the field. He was actually holding them at the top, but got burnt out at the end because he was covering everything sideline to sideline.

Liverpool has a tiny bit more talent than Rennes for Lucas to rely on. He can just cover his own area, not the whole darn field.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 19:25

We cant yet compare M'vila to the best in football, he is certainly very very talented but he needs to get out of Rennes first, and show his skills at a higher level of competition, and show consistency.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 19:27

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:We cant yet compare M'vila to the best in football, he is certainly very very talented but he needs to get out of Rennes first, and show his skills at a higher level of competition, and show consistency.

He wouldn't be a DM on the France NT, of all NTs, if he wasn't a WC DM now. France is loaded with DMs. Lucas is not WC to me. He's good. But I rate a lot of players, including M'Vila, ahead of him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 19:31

mvila needs to do what leiva did this season to top teams in order to get rated higher than Lucas imo
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 19:32

sportsczy wrote:
St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:We cant yet compare M'vila to the best in football, he is certainly very very talented but he needs to get out of Rennes first, and show his skills at a higher level of competition, and show consistency.

He wouldn't be a DM on the France NT, of all NTs, if he wasn't a WC DM now. France is loaded with DMs. Lucas is not WC to me. He's good. But I rate a lot of players, including M'Vila, ahead of him.

well, being part of a NT doesnt make one WC by definition, maybe you are a little more carefree with your definition of it.

Blanc made a gamble because he recognized a very unique skillset, and so far it's working. I talk about skillset because there hasnt been in France a DM with such good distribution and a physical body to match in a while.

There is still a long way for M'vila to prove himself as world class.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 19:33

i never heard of him so if he's good he's underrated :G
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 19:38

I give you an example without using stats. April vs Arsenal. 20 minutes into the game we are left with 2 17 yr old fullbacks away from home against a title chasing team full of attacking talent. See positioning, movement and track backs in that game and how amazingly he made those teenagers look comfy on their 2nd game ever. Not to mention Carragher got injured in 60th minute, n he had to burden extra responsibility for that too. Outstanding DM play That game. And it didn't have many tackles or stats.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 19:43

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
sportsczy wrote:

well, being part of a NT doesnt make one WC by definition, maybe you are a little more carefree with your definition of it.

Blanc made a gamble because he recognized a very unique skillset, and so far it's working. I talk about skillset because there hasnt been in France a DM with such good distribution and a physical body to match in a while.

There is still a long way for M'vila to prove himself as world class.

My definition of WC is skill to start and then whom i would choose over the player... These players usually are at big clubs, but not always. Playing in a tough league is more important to me. For example, I also rate Hummels as one of the best CBs in the world and he doesn't play for a big club either. Same goes for Cavani.

I would put M'Vila amongst the top 5-7 DMs right now. That to me is WC.

Back to top Go down

Post by biggiejay Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 19:44

Lucas is improving year by year but his passing isnt that great. He gives the ball away to easily sometimes.
biggiejay
biggiejay
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 19:48

Sepi wrote:I give you an example without using stats. April vs Arsenal. 20 minutes into the game we are left with 2 17 yr old fullbacks away from home against a title chasing team full of attacking talent. See positioning, movement and track backs in that game and how amazingly he made those teenagers look comfy on their 2nd game ever. Not to mention Carragher got injured in 60th minute, n he had to burden extra responsibility for that too. Outstanding DM play That game. And it didn't have many tackles or stats.

I'm not saying Lucas is bad... but what you're describing above, M'Vila had to do it for a full season without much talent around him. That teams scored 38 goals on the season. So it was all on the defense. He also had to prove to Blanc that he belonged on the France NT and basically has kicked Lass off the squad completely and he was 20. I think Rennes gets relegated without him.

You just don't rate him much because you don't see him.

Lucas is a top 10 DM imo. But not one of the greats and M'Vila is better imo.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next