Ganso
Swanhends
Gil
123 posters

Page 25 of 35 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30 ... 35  Next

Go down

Luiz Suarez - Page 25 Empty Re: Luiz Suarez

Post by Onyx Sun 11 Aug - 18:40:56

He doesn't have a choice, however it's not just about CL football. He has to look at the move overall and long term. If he waits a year, Liverpool could possibly be in the CL and if not a better club than Arsenal may want him. Arsenal could be successful too, so there's both sides to the argument.

However looking at Arsenal and all the points from the other post, they're content with finishing in a CL spot every year and haven't won the title in almost 10 years.

Technically Arsenal still haven't qualified for the group stages of the CL yet anyway, although they probably will.

Liverpool's ambitions are to get into the top 4 and yeh Arsenal are in it, however Arsenal's don't seem to have any higher ambitions. Deep down they want to win the EPL, but based on recent years they seem content finishing in the top 4.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun 11 Aug - 18:41:13

stevieg8 wrote:
Eman wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Arsenal aren't up there with Man Utd/Chelsea/Man City. They're in a tier below, along with others whose target is 4th place.
No matter how well we play, some people just refuse to classify us as a top team. We finished above Chelsea two seasons ago and people didn't even mention us in the same breath as them ffs. No respect these days :facepalm:
Are you referring to the season when Chelsea won the CL?  Because that might give you a little hint as to why this happened...
Not really Chelsea finished 6th that year, no CL run is an excuse for that considering the squad they had.

Besides Arsenal only finished 2 points behind them last year, despite losing two of their better performers from the previous season.

The disrespect shown to Arsenal on this forum is quite disgusting tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sun 11 Aug - 18:45:56

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:
Eman wrote:No matter how well we play, some people just refuse to classify us as a top team. We finished above Chelsea two seasons ago and people didn't even mention us in the same breath as them ffs. No respect these days :facepalm:
Are you referring to the season when Chelsea won the CL?  Because that might give you a little hint as to why this happened...
Not really Chelsea finished 6th that year, no CL run is an excuse for that considering the squad they had.

Besides Arsenal only finished 2 points behind them last year, despite losing two of their better performers from the previous season.

The disrespect shown to Arsenal on this forum is quite disgusting tbh.
Shocked they WON. It wasn't a cl run, they WON THE FREAKING TROPHY. Isn't that what we do this for? Nobody remembers a team that finished fourth place, nobody cares about 2nd 20 years down the line, they care about the trophies. That's what makes history. I don't care if it was fluky, people in 2030 are going to remember that Chelsea squad, just as they're going to remember Arsenal's title winning teams from ten years ago. Nobody's going to care at all about the extended stretch of making the CL spots, that's useless.

I can't believe you would classify winning the CL as an irrelevant CL run just because they finished 6th at the same time. :facepalm:
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun 11 Aug - 18:50:09

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:The grand ol PSG Laughing

Their best record in last 5 years is quarter final, something Arsenal consistently achieve.

Because they spend some money don't make them automatically better.

I'd bet right now if PSG faced Arsenal that PSG would lose.
In your opinion.This is not a fact.

They also havent made the quarters for 3 consecutive years btw.Which is a FACT.

And yes,PSG are better equipped to win the Champions league than Arsenal like it or not.

Let me also mention that in 11-12 season where they finished above Chelsea,that was the first time in 9 seasons did they manage to do that.

Last edited by S on Sun 11 Aug - 18:54:57; edited 2 times in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun 11 Aug - 18:51:30

urbaNRoots wrote:Yohan Modric, are you trolling or are you really that thick? :facepalm:

We're not in the same tier as Chelsea, yet only finished with two points less, and finished ABOVE Chelsea two seasons ago. Is there really that much of a difference?

And what is this Arsenal haven't competed in 10 years nonsense? Did you watch Arsenal in 2010? Because Arsenal were top of the league in January, even SAF admitted that we were challenging that year, just to lose it because of injuries and inconsistency of some particular players.

When/if Bitey joins Arsenal coupled with a few more signings, we compete for the title not top 4 my friend.

Football players consider Arsenal a step up, Bitey and many more... thats what really matters not what people say in forums lol
Except Chelsea won the EPL a few seasons ago, won the CL, can spend money on elite players and overall are a more ambitious club than Arsenal.

Along with Suarez, I think Arsenal would need at least 1-2 more WC players to compete for the title.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun 11 Aug - 18:54:50

How did Chelsea do in the CL last year? hmm
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun 11 Aug - 18:55:32

Isn't that what I was saying? Suarez coupled with a few more signings and we compete for the title not top 4 which is what you were saying Arsenal's ambition is.

Last edited by urbaNRoots on Sun 11 Aug - 18:56:04; edited 1 time in total
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun 11 Aug - 18:55:45

MT but you're missing the point

The clubs above Arsenal in the Prem don't want him

This isn't about if Arsenal are a better choice than Chelsea ffs, this is about if Arsenal would be a step up for him or not.

And if anybody doesn't think regular CL football and a top 4 finish isn't a step up from an upper mid-table finish and no CL football then I'm not sure I want to be a part of any debate with that person ever again Laughing
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun 11 Aug - 18:56:30

Guys ease down. It's just MT's opinion, no need to get worked up over it.

Not just him, many others share the same opinion. Arsenal will have to prove it this season they are capable of winning the title. Until then, there is no silence to the critics.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drakefyre Sun 11 Aug - 18:58:14

Yohan Modric wrote:
Arsenal are on the top 3's level without finishing 2nd in 8 years and without winning the title in almost 10?
To be in the top 3 , you gotta be in the top 2 ?
drakefyre
drakefyre
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun 11 Aug - 18:59:36

Yo you biatches better watch yo tone, when speakin with my home boy MT.

Luiz Suarez - Page 25 Black-woman-attitude
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sun 11 Aug - 19:01:01

This whole argument is one stupid catch 22.

You can't say Luiz Suarez shouldn't go to arsenal because they don't have the same ambition as chelsea or w/e. But dropping what it would cost in order to buy a player like suarez from a rival team, I don't understand how that isn't showing the same sort of ambition that other teams that have had more recent success.

There is a whole thing called improving. Yeah, arsenal have not won in a while, we get it. Buying someone like suarez and gustavo and who ever else we are trying to get this window, clearly shows signs of ambition of moving past just being a forth place team.

It isn't that hard to understand. People are talking about suarez as if hes going to come to arsenal just to watch games and sit on the sidelines and not you know... Actually play and make the team better.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun 11 Aug - 19:02:45

urbaNRoots wrote:Isn't that what I was saying? Suarez coupled with a few more signings and we compete for the title not top 4 which is what you were saying Arsenal's ambition is.
It is until they sign those players.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun 11 Aug - 19:06:48

I dont like empty statements.Arsenal NEED to make those couple more signings first in addition to Suarez.You havent signed anybody yet and you're already talking about title chances..

I heard the same thing last year about Arsenal challenging for the title if they kept RVP bought Cazorla and made a few other additions.But everything didnt transpire.

Sign 'em up and only then we can make an assessment.Just targeting those level of players doesnt translate to 'ambition'..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun 11 Aug - 19:08:02

Tomwin Lannister wrote:MT but you're missing the point

The clubs above Arsenal in the Prem don't want him

This isn't about if Arsenal are a better choice than Chelsea ffs, this is about if Arsenal would be a step up for him or not.

And if anybody doesn't think regular CL football and a top 4 finish isn't a step up from an upper mid-table finish and no CL football then I'm not sure I want to be a part of any debate with that person ever again Laughing
Suarez has to look at the entire picture though. He shouldn't just move because they're in the CL or whether they're supposedly a step up.

It's not just 'Arsenal are in the CL, Liverpool aren't, so Arsenal are superior'. I just think there's more to consider, it's not that simple.

At the end of the day it's up to Suarez though. Whether he just wants to desperately be in the CL or whether he wants to think long term.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun 11 Aug - 19:10:20

S wrote:I dont like empty statements.Arsenal NEED to make those couple more signings first in addition to Suarez.You havent signed anybody yet and you're already talking about title chances..

I heard the same thing last year about Arsenal challenging for the title if they kept RVP bought Cazorla and made a few other additions.But everything didnt transpire.

Sign 'em up and only then we can make an assessment.Just targeting those level of players doesnt translate to 'ambition'..
+1
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun 11 Aug - 19:10:51

But it really is that simple

Playing at the highest standard of football is better than not playing at the highest standard of football
And what more is there to 'consider' then?

You said Ambition. They have equal ambition, and Arsenal are in a better place to fulfil that ambition

You mention 'targets'

Arsenal are achieving their targets, Liverpool are not.

So it really is that simple. You're thinking too deeply and completely over complicating what is obviously a step up in footballing terms.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun 11 Aug - 19:11:38

Well you can't sign the players without targeting them first...
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Sun 11 Aug - 19:14:20

I think Suarez wants to use Arsenal as a stepping stone in CL to get to Real/Barca

in_b4_we_are_having_this_discussion_again_next_summer_when_Suarez_wants_to_move_to_a_club_that_can_wn_trophies_and_Arsenal_fans_are_sweating
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun 11 Aug - 19:17:33

Just because they're the only team that want him, doesn't have to mean he goes there. I don't think it should just be about being in the CL.

I just think there's more to consider. He should playing for a team that has more ambition than Arsenal, teams who compete for the title or the CL.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sun 11 Aug - 19:21:04

We are arguing imaginary scenarios, so this is probably pointless. But what I don't understand is the thinking that if liverpool were to sell him for 45-50m or w/e, he shouldn't go to arsenal because we aren't ambitious enough because they haven't bought him yet.

What?..

He is either at arsenal or he isn't. Its not a mistake to go there if going there means Arsenal have to be in the mindset that would make him going there not a mistake.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun 11 Aug - 19:21:21

Right now it's either Liverpool or Arsenal

So it's a discussion about whether or not it would be a step up

Any other clubs wanting him is all fantasy talk atm

United are more than set up top

City are stacked with strikers

Chelsea have registered 0 interest, they don't want him.

Madrid/Barca certainly don't need him

Juventus will not pay that much

He wouldn't get into the PSG team in a role he's used to

Monaco have Falcao & Co.

So right now his choices are limited, it's not wise to spend another couple of years out of the CL in a faint hope that a title contender will buy you.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun 11 Aug - 19:27:39

Yohan Modric wrote:Just because they're the only team that want him, doesn't have to mean he goes there. I don't think it should just be about being in the CL.

I just think there's more to consider. He should playing for a team that has more ambition than Arsenal, teams who compete for the title or the CL.
There are about 10 posts who responded to this in the last two pages, read them and then you might understand.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun 11 Aug - 19:29:12

There's no way Suarez gets sold to Arsenal this window imo... Liverpool would lose face and the owner of Liverpool is not that type of person. In the winter maybe if there aren't any other suitors.

He's suspended 10 games to start anyhow, right? It's not like he could contribute much until mid November in EPL.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun 11 Aug - 19:30:21

I believe he only misses 7 games.

It might be 8, but it's not 10 because the ban was imposed before the end of the season.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun 11 Aug - 19:35:01

If I remember right he'll miss 5 PL games and one cup game, he served four games of his ban already last season.

But it's kinda hard to see that Arsenal would be his last destination and I don't think he needs any kind of stepping stone no more, so if I think objectively he could just as well stay at Liverpool until one of the truly big hitters come for him.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 35 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30 ... 35  Next