Ganso
Swanhends
Gil
123 posters

Page 35 of 35 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 33, 34, 35

Go down

Luiz Suarez - Page 35 Empty Re: Luiz Suarez

Post by zigra Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:17 am

McAgger wrote:To put Suarez's form in perspective, he's currently scoring 1.55 goals per game. Messi's best season he had 1.22, Cristiano = 1.09 gpg. #LFC
Lol that's cheap.
Suarez scores 1.55 goals per game if we don't include the cup game against Manchester United but of course it's up against Messis record in all competitions? Laughing
Makes sense to compare league form only as Suarez doesn't play CL. Messi scored 1.44 goals per game then and he scored a goal every 57 minutes compared to Suarez 58 minutes per goal. Of course Messi got 4 goals from penalties so without penalties Suarez scores slightly more goals than Messi but it's really close.

zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:10 pm

I don't calculate those stats up so feel free to question them.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:54 am

Suarez's finishing is still unconvincing. He shouldve had a hatrick last game if it wasnt for poor finishing.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:54 am

zigra wrote:
McAgger wrote:To put Suarez's form in perspective, he's currently scoring 1.55 goals per game. Messi's best season he had 1.22, Cristiano = 1.09 gpg. #LFC
Lol that's cheap.
Suarez scores 1.55 goals per game if we don't include the cup game against Manchester United but of course it's up against Messis record in all competitions? Laughing
Makes sense to compare league form only as Suarez doesn't play CL. Messi scored 1.44 goals per game then and he scored a goal every 57 minutes compared to Suarez 58 minutes per goal. Of course Messi got 4 goals from penalties so without penalties Suarez scores slightly more goals than Messi but it's really close.

It's strictly his first 11 games.

And the stat is not comparing the two, and saying Luis is better; the stat is just showing what sort of form Suarez is in since the first day back from his suspension in the PL.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:59 am

Adit wrote:Suarez's finishing is still unconvincing. He shouldve had a hatrick last game if it wasnt for poor finishing.

I agree. You're better off keeping Benzema....don't bother with our Luisito please Proud

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:11 am

Fair play to Luis Suárez. Liverpool’s controversial centre-forward turned up at the Emirates Stadium on Monday night, a No 7 dressed to the nines, arriving early and staying late because he wanted to talk to fans from a variety of clubs who had just voted him the William Hill Football Supporters’ Federation Player of the Year.

Suárez must have felt after all the criticism he has received that this was a night of acceptance, of redemption.

Maybe the English are not so bad after all. Maybe they can be magnanimous. Maybe they can call players to deserved account when they transgress, as Suárez did against Patrice Evra and Branislav Ivanovic, but the English can also praise, salute and bestow awards because they love special talent.

More than 500,000 fans voted in the competition, naming Suárez best player ahead of Robin van Persie, Leighton Baines, Christian Benteke, Juan Mata and Pablo Zabaleta.

Even if some allowance is made for Liverpool fans’ noted assiduousness in campaigning, Suárez’s success also highlights further the forgiveness of the football fan. He caused brief outrage when attempting to leave Anfield in the summer.

Arsenal offered £40,000,001 yet he turned up on Monday night for nothing, for the sheer delight that his abilities were being celebrated by fans. He arrived with his wife Sofia, clearly a huge guiding force in his life, and spoke passionately about what this honour meant.

“It’s very special for me because my hard work on the pitch is recognised,’’ Suárez said. “Everybody knows about my problems and my difficult year.’’

For all his well-known transgressions, fans also know about Suárez’s prodigious gifts, his ability to steer a ball past panicking defenders. His touch, balance and finishing skills one-on-one with a keeper were all paraded during the 5-0 defeat of Spurs on Sunday.

He sensed why fans voted for him. The 26-year-old gives his all, and that is what supporters want from their players. He made fleeting references to issues growing up in Uruguay, the hard times, making football such a vital release. “When I was a child I had too many problems, but I could try my best on the pitch. I just love playing football. I play with my heart.’’

Heart and clever feet. It is why he is being spoken of as a £70 million player, why Real Madrid will again be linked with his phenomenal services if Liverpool fail to qualify for the Champions League. Yet with the likes of Suárez, Jordan Henderson and Philippe Coutinho in this formidable form, and Steven Gerrard and Daniel Sturridge to return,

Liverpool can continue to maintain their high position in the table under the adventurous, popular Brendan Rodgers. Suárez could stay. He has certainly been moved by the response of the club he tried to escape from. Liverpool fans know class, particularly when wrapped in a red No 7 shirt, and they welcomed him back warmly.

Pragmatism? Generosity of spirit? Whatever misgivings they had were forgotten the moment Suárez stepped back on the field, giving everything for the team. On an evening of celebrating supporters’ influence, Suárez particularly acknowledged the support of the Kop.

“Coming back to play at Anfield was unbelievable because after so many difficult moments for me I was able to win the supporters back. They helped me, and that was important for me, for my confidence, and for my family, because they are together with me in this. I have to thank my team-mates for this award because if Liverpool don’t have these players I cannot continue my level, because it’s too much. If we continue at this level over the next two or three weeks we can win the league or we can definitely finish in the top four.’’

He enjoyed being captain in Gerrard’s absence through injury but was determined to demonstrate his team-minded nature. “I was a little surprised by getting the armband but we have only one captain here, Steven Gerrard.’’

He smiled at mention of his Uruguay facing Gerrard’s England in Sao Paulo on June 19. “Before the draw I hoped we would not face England,’’ said Suárez. “But when the ball in the draw said we would face England it was unbelievable! I sent Stevie a text. Stevie sent a [jokey] message back to me saying ‘England are so lucky!’. We were laughing because it’s so funny. But it will be very, very difficult. Italy, Uruguay, England all have good players. So do Costa Rica.’’

Just after 9pm, Suárez caught the last train back to Liverpool from Euston. He made many friends. At 8pm, Suarez had the organisers at the Emirates announce that he was staying to the last moment and anyone wanting a photograph or chat “should come to table 11”. Fair play to Suárez.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/players/luis-suarez/10521865/Liverpools-Luis-Suarez-a-humble-winner-of-FSF-Player-of-the-Year-award.html

Congratulations lad, he actually won an award in England.

Note: FA has no say in this. Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:13 am

Still a racist scumbag. Terrible human being, the Chris Brown of football.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:14 am

Gil wrote:Still a racist scumbag. Terrible human being, the Chris Brown of football.

This isn't John Terry's thread, gtfo.

Last edited by Red Alert on Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:33 am

Oh, and Gil.

Despite missing the first 6 games, Suarez has already scored as many PL goals this season as Fernando Torres has for Chelsea. In the Premier League. 17 in 94. Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:17 am

Natalie Portman wrote:
Adit wrote:Suarez's finishing is still unconvincing. He shouldve had a hatrick last game if it wasnt for poor finishing.

I agree. You're better off keeping Benzema....don't bother with our Luisito please Proud

Benzema isnt really a consistent finisher either lol but finishing is probably only thing he has over Suarez. Perez probably already reached an agreement with Suarez rofl 65 mill euros thats it.. :coffee:
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:29 am

Gil wrote:Still a racist scumbag. Terrible human being, the Chris Brown of football.

It's ok jelly monster... I've been jelly before too.

You should be careful you don't cross the line to being a hater, though, or we're gonna have to call up the Jelly schoo...

Luiz Suarez - Page 35 32798595
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:40 am

This thread is truly hilarious. Can someone with a little more time on their hands than me compile all of the confident "he'll be joining us any day" posts from the Arsenal fans into one? I especially enjoyed the "this thread will be so hilarious when he joins", I think the top 30 or so Arsenal fan posts in here deserve a bump in honor.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:48 am

Adit wrote:
Natalie Portman wrote:

Benzema isnt really a consistent finisher either lol but finishing is probably only thing he has over Suarez. Perez probably already reached an agreement with Suarez 🤣65 mill euros thats it.. :coffee:

65 mil, that only gets you his left boot, gotta up the stakes. Thank god Madrid are destroying the transfer market =], we might get 1 billion for him.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:52 am

yeah 2 season away from being a free agent Laughing , not to mention he already said he wants to leave.This is the season Suarez decides to stay (renew) or Liverpool decides to sell him..next season he goes for peanuts like RVP.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:32 am

Adit wrote:yeah 2 season away from being a free agent Laughing, not to mention he already said he wants to leave.This is the season Suarez decides to stay (renew) or Liverpool decides to sell him..next season he goes for peanuts like RVP.

"It's more important if we stay together, and we keep going and this is more important and you forget your problems and stay with the group."

mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:53 am

Bale too has stated countlesly he wanted to go and specifically to Madrid, he still went for 100m so lets not use the contract thing against him.
like neymar even on his last year his price will be high based on competition alone.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:20 am

He'll sign a new contract...

And his performances in the WC is going to boost his value even further.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:07 am

McAgger wrote:I don't calculate those stats up so feel free to question them.
Yeah I got that from the #LFC. Just wanted to correct it.
Red Alert wrote:
zigra wrote:
Lol that's cheap.

It's strictly his first 11 games.

And the stat is not comparing the two, and saying Luis is better; the stat is just showing what sort of form Suarez is in since the first day back from his suspension in the PL.

Whose first 11 games? Suarez? Why not include the cup game against Manchester United only 4 days before he played against Sunderland? If you don't want cup games included - fine. But you can't compare league games only against all competitions from another player.

Btw I do understand what they want to show with the stats. I know they don't want to say Suarez is better than Messi.
But they want to make his goal scoring record look even more impressive than it is. Why not do it like this? Suarez scored 17 goals in his first 11 league games compared to Messis 16 in his best season? Still shows his goal scoring record so far is absolutely crazy and everything would be fine.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:49 am

You're looking far too much into it.

Again, it's just showing that his form has been out of this world since his scored his first goal against S'land.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:32 pm

Messi has scored 18 goals in 10 league games in a row, and 18 in 11 in other time, and that was playing CL at the same time.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:35 pm

What was the title of this thread?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:35 pm

Suarez
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:36 pm

Thanks
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:36 pm

Gil you jelly pos, fix the thread title.

EDIT: Thanks RG Thumbs up
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 35 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 33, 34, 35