Raptorgunner
EarlyPrototype
Lex
Art Morte
10 posters

Go down

Adebayor Empty Adebayor

Post by Art Morte Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:19 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/nov/22/emmanuel-adebayor-wages-tottenham-move

Emmanuel Adebayor has suggested he would not be prepared to accept a pay cut to help his chances of a permanent transfer to Tottenham Hotspur. The Togo striker, who is on a season-long loan from Manchester City, feels revitalised at White Hart Lane and he would like to stay but his wages represent a stumbling block.

He earns £170,000 a week, of which City contribute £100,000, and Adebayor pulled no punches about the importance of the money, a significant portion of which he channels back to Africa to fund community projects. Tottenham's weekly wage ceiling is around £70,000, although the midfielder Luka Modric hopes to drive it up to £100,000 in his continuing negotiations for a new contract.

He has got a contract with City until 2014, he will be 30-years-old then.

What do you think he should do?

He won't become any sort of regular at City again yet a permanent transfer away from there looks highly unlikely since he doesn't want to take a wage-cut. No way any club will buy him and pay him anything near £170k / week (unless someone like Anzhi have not had enough fun).

Is he being too greedy when putting his wages so clearly above just playing the game?

Will he simply be loaned out every season until his contract runs out? City would certainly like to sell him and get him off their wage bill, but that should prove very difficult with Adebayor's wage demands.

The whole situation is a bit lolz to me, City stuck with a player who costs them £5m-£9m per season (depending on how much of his wages they have to pay).

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Adebayor Empty Re: Adebayor

Post by Lex Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:33 pm

What a giant bitch, and i mean that in the most practical term possible. One guy who simply doesn't deserve any of what he's received so far. Epitome of the word mercenary. Makes me sick to my stomach

Lulz worthy indeed. Enjoy, City
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:34 pm

Any cut from what he earns should still be enough to fund what ever he is doing in Africa. He is just being a greedy pig. He should take a wage cut and be happy he is playing in a top 6 team competing for CL spot.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:37 pm

Lex wrote:What a giant bitch, and i mean that in the most practical term possible. One guy who simply doesn't deserve any of what he's received so far. Epitome of the word mercenary. Makes me sick to my stomach

Lulz worthy indeed. Enjoy, City

Well said Lex. :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:45 pm

Ade has always been greedy and it doesnt seem like he even cares about playing as long as the money is coming.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:24 pm

if he is scoring goals at tottenham, fans are loving him. Then why not take a paycut ?

I Mean how high is his standard of living ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:29 pm

I think it would be cool if City went after this season like this:

"Okay, Emmoneyuel, we will not loan you out any more. We will sell you if someone is interested and you can agree personal terms with them, but we will not loan you out. We will, obviously, continue to pay your salary, but you will play zero minutes of football here."
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:31 pm

Are we taking articles without quotes as facts now?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:33 pm

I don't blame him, thats a lot of money to turn down and he signed a contract.
It is similar to Amauri at Juventus, staying at all costs while making 4M a year, in the end it is a dick move but I don't blame him.

City is dumb enough to give him that kind of contract
Ade is smart enough to collect.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:41 pm

Gil wrote:Are we taking articles without quotes as facts now?

Whatcha mean? There are quotes in the article, it's an interview. Just check the whole story thru the link Razz

Luca wrote:I don't blame him, thats a lot of money to turn down and he signed a contract.
It is similar to Amauri at Juventus, staying at all costs while making 4M a year, in the end it is a dick move but I don't blame him.

Well yeah, you've got a very good point and I agree, it's easy for us to say "he should defo take that wage-cut". But cutting you wages from 170k to 70k is indeed a huge cut.

On the other hand, this is a situation that is very close to being either playing regular football with lower wages or not playing football at all but getting that fat pay check. Coz no other team is gonna hire him for 170k a week. And 70k a week is still a helluva lotsa money. To think that someone would be offered that and still refuse to practice his profession, well, it doesn't give that admirable a picture of yourself.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:43 pm

Luca wrote:I don't blame him, thats a lot of money to turn down and he signed a contract.

there was some guy who did the same with chelsea right? i read somewhere long ago,cant recall the name.. a black footballer most probably.. got a lot of money but didnt play much.. anyone know him?? :?:
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:45 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Gil wrote:Are we taking articles without quotes as facts now?

Whatcha mean? There are quotes in the article, it's an interview. Just check the whole story thru the link Razz

Well yeah, you've got a very good point and I agree, it's easy for us to say "he should defo take that wage-cut". But cutting you wages from 170k to 70k is indeed a huge cut.

On the other hand, this is a situation that is very close to being either playing regular football with lower wages or not playing football at all but getting that fat pay check. Coz no other team is gonna hire him for 170k a week. And 70k a week is still a helluva lotsa money. To think that someone would be offered that and still refuse to practice his profession, well, it doesn't give that admirable a picture of yourself.

Definitely, I agree from a moral point of view
From a legal, or business point of view I'm with Ade, they gave him a fat contract, collect
We'll see what path he chooses in the end

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:20 pm

I dunno how arsenal fans can call him a mercenary they pretty much hounded him out of the club.

City gave him a contract for a length of time, they should pay it and he has no obligation to to move out of it.

He does do allot with his money in Africa and taking that kind of pay cut could endanger any commitments he has.

I was never really a fan of the bloke but I read a article about everything he does back him and it change my opinion of him greatly. Hes not like most footballers blowing his money on material possessions and fast cars. Shocked He drives a mini

And really puts his money to good use

Its not like he engineered his move away from City for more money, if anything I think they treated him quite bad.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down