Vibe
Adit
Senor Penguin
Grande_Milano
28 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Which of these 3 is US?

Ultimate "Your Opinion About United States" Thread - Page 3 Vote_lcap61%Ultimate "Your Opinion About United States" Thread - Page 3 Vote_rcap 61% 
[ 19 ]
Ultimate "Your Opinion About United States" Thread - Page 3 Vote_lcap16%Ultimate "Your Opinion About United States" Thread - Page 3 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 5 ]
Ultimate "Your Opinion About United States" Thread - Page 3 Vote_lcap23%Ultimate "Your Opinion About United States" Thread - Page 3 Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 31

Ultimate "Your Opinion About United States" Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Ultimate "Your Opinion About United States" Thread

Post by dmize Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:58 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:
TetraHydroC 10 wrote:
english_jewel wrote:

Can't say anything about European education but the US education system is not poor. That's why many foreigners come to study here.

I think Americas school system is poor (not talking about college). I know for a fact the high/middle school system in Trinidad and Tobago is more intense than the ones offered here in New York (I don't really want to speak for states I have no idea about). I went to three different high school: two were public and one was private (this one was the worst). In private school (or at least the one I went to), you're basically paying for your grades, the work load was a joke compared to public school. I also know a few friends who came to live in NYC and were told that their education from Trinidad and Tobago would not be recolonized here (they had to go back and graduate high school all over again).

I don't think people should generalize when it comes to the people and it can all depend on what state or part of that state you're visiting. No places should be generalized, but it was run reading your opinions on "us". I've only lived in NYC and upstate New York; I've traveled to Florida, Connecticut, Disney World and New Jersey. Still so much to discover in my own country, not that I plan on it.

This.

SAT's are a joke.

Even Advanced Placement courses are a joke.

Also their failure to recognize our programs is a even bigger joke....because our programs are 3x as tough.The British and Caribbean systems are much better...........

I agree with THC in that it really varies state by state. States like Massachusetts, NY, California and Connecticut have good public schooling IMO.

http://education.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/education/high-schools/articles/2009/12/09/americas-best-high-schools-state-by-state-statistics

It says '09 but I can't find newer rankings on USNews. Wish they had more rankings, like percentage of kids graduating college. Overall as a country, I agree, our public schooling isn't as good as others(esp. in Math and Science). But state to state, I'm sure some of the top states would compare well.

dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Ultimate "Your Opinion About United States" Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Ultimate "Your Opinion About United States" Thread

Post by WoahMancini Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:34 pm

Referring back to the education... Did you know that India has more honour students than America has students in total?
WoahMancini
WoahMancini
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:52 pm

WoahMancini wrote:Referring back to the education... Did you know that India has more honour students than America has students in total?

That means really nothing to me considering:

a. India has about 4x the population as the U.S.

b. What denotes being an honor student is different in India and the U.S.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by dansik Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:47 pm

Did you know that the US has has more honor students than Liechtenstein has people in their country?

dansik
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:26 am

Domestically, I believe that the country has achieved as much as possible under the current societal structure. However, in order to progress significantly further, radical alterations must be implemented. What they are, I won't delve into in this post...

Internationally, the US should act much more cautiously and respectfully.
Kev
Kev
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by everest1 Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:51 am

intersting to read all of your opinions. a few of you would be labeled freedom hating terrorist sympothizers if you lived here Laughing

i think that in general the idea of the "american dream" (meaning that a child from a poor family can work hard and one day become rich) has corrupted american society and politics. its lead to an idea of american exceptionalism that really convolutes our (meaning americans') idea of both issues of domestic inequality (ex: your neighbor is not disabled and unable to work, he is just lazy) and anything related to international affairs (bc USA is #1 bar none). americans have a sense of entitlement and superiority that doesn't perpetuate societal productivity, but instead gives rise to avaricious sentiments... and again i think this all ties back to the idea of the american dream.

i also think that a lot of this is due to the fact that our education system is so poor. public education in the states ranks among the lowest of all developed countries, and like imalegend mentioned the quality of education you get is all tied to how wealthy you are. most schools are partially funded by property taxes, meaning that rich areas get more funding and better schools and poor areas get bad schools. so the poor get dumber and poorer, the rich get smarter and richer, and then think that the poor are poor only because they couldn't live up to the american dream.

dont get me wrong, i love living in the USA and appreciate the opportunities that being an american affords me. but i am moving abroad in june for a few years to see what the world looks like from the other side of the fence.
everest1
everest1
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:24 am

hypocrites in many issues..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:38 am

diptiman wrote:hypocrites in many issues..
LOL
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:16 am

RedOranje wrote:
LOL

no , iam not kidding..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dansik Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:54 am

diptiman wrote:
RedOranje wrote:
LOL

no , iam not kidding..

LOL what a jokester we have here

dansik
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:04 am

dansik wrote:
diptiman wrote:
RedOranje wrote:
LOL

no , iam not kidding..

What about you? Try to rise above and see beyond what the media keeps feeding you.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:14 am

To call USA hypocrites on international politics is be a major understatement,they deserves a much better word than that lol..

recently they killed 25 pakistan soldiers in pasikstan by "accident" but Obama never apologized till date,what type of country is that?

Not even bothering to go to "unfounded deadly weapons" in Iraq issues lol

They attacked iraq for oil,it was a day light robbery..USA are bunch of thieves and murderers.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:52 am

and i wasnt talking about military operations in which there is hypocrisy extraordinaire

people should google WTO OR GATT and how the US specifically used those policies to their advantage, while forcing india to liberalise and open their markets etc.
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:22 am

Are you people really complaining about the U.S. being hypocrites, thieves and murderers because of their military? These labels apply to every military in the world, unless they're left unused by their respective governments.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:12 am

It applies to all Nations who invade other nations for no reasons/lame reasons...
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:05 pm

I know you weren't kidding when calling the US hypocrites... that's what makes your statement so funny.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:50 pm

We have this weird double standard nowadays.

Muslims/Arabs cannot be labeled as suicide bombers, religious fundamentalists or wife stoners because that's racist and it only applies to the extremists or their shitty governments. In reality most Muslims are everyday human beings who just want to live in peace. Completely true.

But then again, the same goes for Americans. How can people label a whole country hypocrites, thieves, murderers, imperialists etc etc. when the common person has no influence on what the government does? Label the American government that because they are grade 1 assholes, sure. But its people? It just seems like nowadays Americans are the easy scapegoat for a shitty economy, internal political problems or not knowing how to govern properly (Chávez does this a lot).

Hell, talk to the average American and while they were always with the "America, best country in the world", nowadays it's more like "America, best country in the world but we frakked up". There's a whole new element of humbleness not seen before. Their next election process is pretty much either: 1. get fracked in the ass with lube or 2. get fracked in the ass without lube.

Yet the average American still gets the blame?
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by dansik Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:00 pm

english_jewel wrote:
dansik wrote:
diptiman wrote:
RedOranje wrote:
LOL

no , iam not kidding..

What about you? Try to rise above and see beyond what the media keeps feeding you.

Trust me....I don't eat what the media feeds me. In my line of work you tend to see how the media doesn't report facts, just slanted opinions designed to sell papers/gain viewership.

dansik
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Sushi Master wrote:We have this weird double standard nowadays.

Muslims/Arabs cannot be labeled as suicide bombers, religious fundamentalists or wife stoners because that's racist and it only applies to the extremists or their shitty governments. In reality most Muslims are everyday human beings who just want to live in peace. Completely true.

But then again, the same goes for Americans. How can people label a whole country hypocrites, thieves, murderers, imperialists etc etc. when the common person has no influence on what the government does? Label the American government that because they are grade 1 assholes, sure. But its people? It just seems like nowadays Americans are the easy scapegoat for a shitty economy, internal political problems or not knowing how to govern properly (Chávez does this a lot).

Hell, talk to the average American and while they were always with the "America, best country in the world", nowadays it's more like "America, best country in the world but we frakked up". There's a whole new element of humbleness not seen before. Their next election process is pretty much either: 1. get fracked in the ass with lube or 2. get fracked in the ass without lube.

Yet the average American still gets the blame?

I think the problem for Many is still "we're the best country in the world" stance.

I mean countries like New Zeland, Australia and Denmark have clearly surpassed them in all the aspects you outlined.

I don't think that the Average American person likes their government.Labelling America as a country hypocrites I have absolutely no problem with....you can fin endless evidence of that in history.....Manifest Destiny vs the Monroe doctrine etc etc.

I can't really talk about adults or anything like that.....but Kids in Cali are pretty cool...........American Adults like all other Adults at times :facepalm:.What you said about their options I completely agree with....they have none really....their system is rigged....it's impossible to get anything done.......some of the bills passed in congress this year....even the bills that started off promising just turned out to be absolute bullshit after all the changes and attatchments.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:54 am

beats me why a person would open a thread about opinion about united states and then get butt hurt over the opinion even though most of the times it has factual basis
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:36 pm

This thread: Hypocrites calling hypocrites hypocrites for insulting hypocrites.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:07 pm

hypocrites no

fascists yes :lucas:

http://money.cnn.com/2011/12/22/technology/sopa_vote/index.htm

http://rt.com/usa/news/indefinite-detention-bill-senate-905/

the fact that these bills are even considered, let alone passed through any representative office, is unbelievable
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:12 pm

America just can't sustain itself if it keeps going this way. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. The poor are obviously those who should be protesting and doing something about it but how?

When you come from a background with no decent education, because the system is built to keep you down, how are you going to learn how the system works and use it to your advantage? How will you find time to learn that when you're busy working your ass off in order to make a living?

The constitutional premise that the U.S. was built on doesn't at all reflect what country it is today. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness? I don't see it. For the few, yes, for the many, no ...

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:02 am

Thats the situation in most places Senor.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3