Vibe
Adit
Senor Penguin
Grande_Milano
28 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Which of these 3 is US?

Ultimate "Your Opinion About United States" Thread - Page 2 Vote_lcap61%Ultimate "Your Opinion About United States" Thread - Page 2 Vote_rcap 61% 
[ 19 ]
Ultimate "Your Opinion About United States" Thread - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%Ultimate "Your Opinion About United States" Thread - Page 2 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 5 ]
Ultimate "Your Opinion About United States" Thread - Page 2 Vote_lcap23%Ultimate "Your Opinion About United States" Thread - Page 2 Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 31

Ultimate "Your Opinion About United States" Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Ultimate "Your Opinion About United States" Thread

Post by Yuri Yukuv Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:47 pm

babun1024 wrote:Politicians who aren't hypocrites aren't politicians in any country eco smile
I won't comment more on them because I'm only familiar with their foreign politics and they act as a side which wants to convert power into influence eco smile
Where I have evidence is the education system. I met several people in Germany who lived in USA and came back or started studying in Germany. They have an incredible hard time to adjust in schools here. I don't think that all of them are dumb or lacking in some departments, I think the general education system in the USA is very poor by European standards eco smile
(Notice, general education, not private schools or most famous unis.., ) eco smile

Ultimate "Your Opinion About United States" Thread - Page 2 Haters-gonna-hate

Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Ultimate "Your Opinion About United States" Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Ultimate "Your Opinion About United States" Thread

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:44 pm

Adit wrote:
kiranr wrote:US defence secretary Leon Panetta describes India as threat

:facepalm:
lol Rolling Eyes

The irony in his words.Thats why they are NO 1 hypocrites..

I don't get why the f the US is always so worried about getting bombed. Which country in its right mind would try to bomb the US and for what reason?? The only threat they face is from terrorist organizations but that can only be dealt with increasing national security services, not the military as was shown on 9/11.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:32 pm

english_jewel wrote:
Adit wrote:
kiranr wrote:US defence secretary Leon Panetta describes India as threat

:facepalm:
lol Rolling Eyes

The irony in his words.Thats why they are NO 1 hypocrites..

I don't get why the f the US is always so worried about getting bombed. Which country in its right mind would try to bomb the US and for what reason?? The only threat they face is from terrorist organizations but that can only be dealt with increasing national security services, not the military as was shown on 9/11.

policies of fear my man. The arms contractors, weapon manufacturers and oil tycoons need to feed their children as well
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:20 am

Yuri Yukuv wrote:
Senor Penguin wrote:
Grande_Milano wrote:If not for republicans' foreign policy views, they d be close to "good-benchmark party" imo
If the benchmark is to achieve utter batsh*t insanity ...

If it wasnt for republicans europeans would still be getting their panties in a bunch whenever they heard russian
I'm not talking about the past, I'm talking about the present. What are the republicans doing for the U.S. currently? Apart from cockblocking everything good Obama had in mind and spread misinformation?

Their presidential candidates have been a disaster for ages and their proposals equally loony. Their fear mongering and lack of knowledge would be laughable if they didn't stand a chance of becoming elected.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:33 am

Senor Penguin wrote:
Yuri Yukuv wrote:
Senor Penguin wrote:
Grande_Milano wrote:If not for republicans' foreign policy views, they d be close to "good-benchmark party" imo

If it wasnt for republicans europeans would still be getting their panties in a bunch whenever they heard russian
I'm not talking about the past, I'm talking about the present. What are the republicans doing for the U.S. currently? Apart from cockblocking everything good Obama had in mind and spread misinformation?

Their presidential candidates have been a disaster for ages and their proposals equally loony. Their fear mongering and lack of knowledge would be laughable if they didn't stand a chance of becoming elected.

It is not just the republicans. You think the democrats would not have done the same thing if they were the opposition?

This happens everywhere and this is what the opposition in any democracy does and this is why common sense takes such a long time to prevail as extracting mileage out of every crisis lasts for a long time.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:47 am

kiranr wrote:
Senor Penguin wrote:
Yuri Yukuv wrote:
Senor Penguin wrote:

It is not just the republicans. You think the democrats would not have done the same thing if they were the opposition?

This happens everywhere and this is what the opposition in any democracy does and this is why common sense takes such a long time to prevail as extracting mileage out of every crisis lasts for a long time.
If they're willing to sabotage the opposition (and the future of the U.S.) by cockblocking everything good, at least they could make counter proposals that aren't ridiculous but actually somewhat useful. The democrats are by no means perfect but they seem miles ahead of the republicans, despite all the infiltration by lobbyists.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:01 pm

Senor Penguin wrote:
Yuri Yukuv wrote:
Senor Penguin wrote:

Well the american people voted the republicans into the legislature AFTER Obama was elected, perhaps because they didn't agree with his plans? Most of what the republicans are opposing is spending and borrowing which is perfectly legitimate, we do not need more debt to get out of current debt but to tighten our belts.

Democrats have had disasters for candidates for a while until Obama came by, most of the current crop is completely unfit except for Romeny and Ron Paul.

The government now makes up high thirties 30% of the economy, this is unacceptable. We are not europe.
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:45 pm

Great people, completely frakked over by greedy as hell politicians, tycoons and are exactly what extreme capitalism brings to you, good or bad.

Completely bombarded by bullshit propaganda, Americans have really lost that powerful yet humble attitude they gave off.

Now most people just turn out to be dicks, sadly.

The whole world is frakked, so don't put the blame on America, though, even if they had a lot to do with it.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:53 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Great people, completely frakked over by greedy as hell politicians, tycoons and are exactly what extreme capitalism brings to you, good or bad.

Completely bombarded by bullshit propaganda, Americans have really lost that powerful yet humble attitude they gave off.

The whole world is frakked, so don't put the blame on America, though, even if they had a lot to do with it.
I like this lad.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:40 am

Sushi Master wrote:Great people, completely frakked over by greedy as hell politicians, tycoons and are exactly what extreme capitalism brings to you, good or bad.

10000% correct :bow:
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:03 pm

english_jewel wrote:
babun1024 wrote:Politicians who aren't hypocrites aren't politicians in any country eco smile
I won't comment more on them because I'm only familiar with their foreign politics and they act as a side which wants to convert power into influence eco smile
Where I have evidence is the education system. I met several people in Germany who lived in USA and came back or started studying in Germany. They have an incredible hard time to adjust in schools here. I don't think that all of them are dumb or lacking in some departments, I think the general education system in the USA is very poor by European standards eco smile
(Notice, general education, not private schools or most famous unis.., ) eco smile

Can't say anything about European education but the US education system is not poor. That's why many foreigners come to study here.

only high level education is good in US, Primary education, Elementary, Middle and high school is all crap...only in the rich area where people pay alot of taxes is the schools good....

in US if you want good education during school you have to live in a rich area, which is why so many people take loans to get houses in those area to send their kids to good schools
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:49 am

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:11 am

english_jewel wrote:
For every action there's a reaction - Ron Paul is correct. However, as the video also reflects, such rationality doesn't go well with the republicans.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:15 pm

Senor Penguin wrote:
english_jewel wrote:
For every action there's a reaction - Ron Paul is correct. However, as the video also reflects, such rationality doesn't go well with the republicans.

Do you know anything about the US? Ron Paul is the most pure republican between the candidates. If you are talking exclusively about new age social conservatives and neo cons you should say so.
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:31 pm

Yuri Yukuv wrote:
Senor Penguin wrote:
english_jewel wrote:

Do you know anything about the US? Ron Paul is the most pure republican between the candidates. If you are talking exclusively about new age social conservatives and neo cons you should say so.
Ron Paul is a republican candidate who appears to be backed by a minority, while the majority finds the nonsense of Mitt Romney, Cain and Gingrich appealing. Call them what you will, they're all under the same roof. That's why a two-party system sucks.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:43 pm

What are you talking about? So just because you run on behalf of a party it means you symbolize that party's beliefs? Just look at George Bush, Ron Paul and Rudy Giuliani those three have nothing in common.

A big reason why Obama won was that more traditional republicans voted for him because they are sick of the new social conservatives moving from the edge of party to center stage. Just look at Powell's endorsement, many libertarians including myself voted for obama because we were angry with the republican party.
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:29 pm

Yuri Yukuv wrote:What are you talking about? So just because you run on behalf of a party it means you symbolize that party's beliefs? Just look at George Bush, Ron Paul and Rudy Giuliani those three have nothing in common.
No. I'm just saying that the majority of Republican voters root for numbnutz like Romney, Gingrich and Cain. One of these numbnutz are probably going to become the presidential candidate for the Republican party and therefor represent the party's belief. What do they all have in common? They're all numbnutz.

Just sayin'

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:31 pm

Senor Penguin wrote:
Yuri Yukuv wrote:What are you talking about? So just because you run on behalf of a party it means you symbolize that party's beliefs? Just look at George Bush, Ron Paul and Rudy Giuliani those three have nothing in common.
No. I'm just saying that the majority of Republican voters root for numbnutz like Romney, Gingrich and Cain. One of these numbnutz are probably going to become the presidential candidate for the Republican party and therefor represent the party's belief. What do they all have in common? They're all numbnutz.

Just sayin'

What do you men republican voters? You know that party registration in the states is super easy. You can vote in primaries if you register 6 weeks before it, even from other parties. Its not really republican, its just whoever feels strongly about a candidate. Social conservatives did use the republican primaries as a spring board because they said that most importantly they believed in fiscal conservatism and small government, obviously not the case. How can you group someone like michael bloomberg with cain?

Further, Romeny is a great candidate I dont see how you are lumping him with the tea party candidates. Hes also the one most likely to win the republican nomination.
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:14 pm

Here is something you should watch

Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:44 pm

english_jewel wrote:

Can't say anything about European education but the US education system is not poor. That's why many foreigners come to study here.

I think Americas school system is poor (not talking about college). I know for a fact the high/middle school system in Trinidad and Tobago is more intense than the ones offered here in New York (I don't really want to speak for states I have no idea about). I went to three different high school: two were public and one was private (this one was the worst). In private school (or at least the one I went to), you're basically paying for your grades, the work load was a joke compared to public school. I also know a few friends who came to live in NYC and were told that their education from Trinidad and Tobago would not be recolonized here (they had to go back and graduate high school all over again).

I don't think people should generalize when it comes to the people and it can all depend on what state or part of that state you're visiting. No places should be generalized, but it was run reading your opinions on "us". I've only lived in NYC and upstate New York; I've traveled to Florida, Connecticut, Disney World and New Jersey. Still so much to discover in my own country, not that I plan on it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:46 pm

Thumbs up You're alright.

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:49 pm

Anti Rocket defence thing going annoying.

USA still insists on putting it in Czech, Poland and Romania. Turkey already has

Ukraine is rumoured to be next

Turning Europe into a petrol station with cigarett thrown in
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:32 am

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:
english_jewel wrote:

I think Americas school system is poor (not talking about college). I know for a fact the high/middle school system in Trinidad and Tobago is more intense than the ones offered here in New York (I don't really want to speak for states I have no idea about). I went to three different high school: two were public and one was private (this one was the worst). In private school (or at least the one I went to), you're basically paying for your grades, the work load was a joke compared to public school. I also know a few friends who came to live in NYC and were told that their education from Trinidad and Tobago would not be recolonized here (they had to go back and graduate high school all over again).

I don't think people should generalize when it comes to the people and it can all depend on what state or part of that state you're visiting. No places should be generalized, but it was run reading your opinions on "us". I've only lived in NYC and upstate New York; I've traveled to Florida, Connecticut, Disney World and New Jersey. Still so much to discover in my own country, not that I plan on it.

This.

SAT's are a joke.

Even Advanced Placement courses are a joke.

Also their failure to recognize our programs is a even bigger joke....because our programs are 3x as tough.The British and Caribbean systems are much better...........

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:04 am

Yuri that guy turned out to be quite the badass

BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:51 pm

Most libertarians are badass, too bad not too many of us

Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:58 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:
TetraHydroC 10 wrote:
english_jewel wrote:

This.

SAT's are a joke.

Even Advanced Placement courses are a joke.

Also their failure to recognize our programs is a even bigger joke....because our programs are 3x as tough.The British and Caribbean systems are much better...........

I agree with THC in that it really varies state by state. States like Massachusetts, NY, California and Connecticut have good public schooling IMO.

http://education.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/education/high-schools/articles/2009/12/09/americas-best-high-schools-state-by-state-statistics

It says '09 but I can't find newer rankings on USNews. Wish they had more rankings, like percentage of kids graduating college. Overall as a country, I agree, our public schooling isn't as good as others(esp. in Math and Science). But state to state, I'm sure some of the top states would compare well.

dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next