Should Spain go back to 4-2-2-2 they played in Euros?

+22
Lord Spencer
teamanarchy
Valkyrja
The Madrid One
Khaled
S32TABLANCA
Babun
Bear
harhar11
Le Samourai
Mamad
buddytaller
che
Iceman
Körbl
juventus101
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Adit
Mr Nick09
Onyx
jibers
Gil
26 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Should Spain go back to 4-2-2-2 they played in Euros? Empty Should Spain go back to 4-2-2-2 they played in Euros?

Post by Gil Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:37 pm

Because compared to the current Spain side the present one hasnt' a patch on the one from three years ago.
That Spanish side in the Euros captured everyone's imagination & crushed everything in their path with their balanced, attack-minded approach which had it all, balance in midfield, plenty of options in attack, width etc.

Not a big fan of the defensive version of Barcelona Spain is playing atm.

Last edited by Gil on Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Should Spain go back to 4-2-2-2 they played in Euros? Empty Re: Should Spain go back to 4-2-2-2 they played in Euros?

Post by jibers Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:39 pm

Gil wrote:Because compared to the current Spain side the present one hasnt' a patch on the one from three years ago.
That Spanish side in the Euros captured everyone's imagination & crushed everything in their path with their balanced, attack-minded team which had it all, balance in midfield, plenty of options in attack, width etc.

Crushed? lol...a bit of an exaggeration no? Most of theri goals where from counters, no...?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Should Spain go back to 4-2-2-2 they played in Euros? Empty Re: Should Spain go back to 4-2-2-2 they played in Euros?

Post by Onyx Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:39 pm

They should drop one of Busquets/Alonso and switch to a 4-3-3.

Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta is a proven midfield.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:40 pm

I dont think they are even pressing the ball that hard. Just trying boring tiki taka

and some one tells VDB to stop copying barca and their false 9 thing, even an hybrid Cesc+Silva cant touch messi
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:41 pm

Nick who's the gitl i ur sig? I like her...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:42 pm

No

why change a system that is working.?
no offense but the defensive barcelona is just pure BS,both teams uses completely different tactics it aint even funny.How they can ompare this to barcelona game bar possession keeping is beyond me (even that is debatable).If friendly result were that mattered del bosque would have changed after they lost to argentina after world cup btw lol
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:42 pm

It's boring tiki taka because they're playing 4 CM's and there's no forwards making runs.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:42 pm

No

no offense but the defensive barcelona is just pure BS,both teams uses completely different tactics it aint even funny.How they can ompare this to barcelona game bar possession keeping is beyond me (even that is debatable).If friendly result were that mattered del bosque would have changed after they lost to argentina after world cup btw lol
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:42 pm

Gil wrote:Because compared to the current Spain side the present one hasnt' a patch on the one from three years ago.
That Spanish side in the Euros captured everyone's imagination & crushed everything in their path with their balanced, attack-minded approach which had it all, balance in midfield, plenty of options in attack, width etc.

No Senna no Party for that system you need physical DM with pace, neither Busquets or Alonso or Martinez for that matter provide it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:43 pm

Spain are playing way too defensive. I thinkthey should stick towhat theyplayed in the euros, an attacking 442 with Alonso and Xavi in center mid, Silva and Iniesta as attacking mids, and Villa up top pairedwith one of either Guiza, Negredo, Torres, Bojan, or Llorente, depending on whose in the best form at thetime. Even still though, I dont hinktheres any stopping Germany anytime soon.

juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:44 pm

Adit wrote:No

Actually Spain haven't really been convincing attack wise since Del Bosque took over. They won 1-0 in each of their knockout matches at the WC.

Spain's style of play is too passive and there's too many midfielders.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:44 pm

jibers wrote:Nick who's the gitl i ur sig? I like her...

Melanie Iglesias, so unbelievably hot
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:46 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
jibers wrote:Nick who's the gitl i ur sig? I like her...

Melanie Iglesias, so unbelievably hot

I posted her in the OP of my id touch you if i wasnt sitting at home thread Very Happy

She is hawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwt banana

Need to bump that thread btw.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:46 pm

Adit wrote:No

Fianlly someone with a bit of tactical sense...Spain and Barcelona have the same principles with different applications.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Körbl Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:49 pm

Cassillas
Ramos – puyol (albiol) – pique – alba (Enrique)
========Alonso=Xavi
Mata=====Iniesta===== Silva
=========Llorente/villa/soldado(u pick)
Körbl
Körbl
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:04 pm

Spain weren't convincing at the WC even
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:05 pm

Which other team was convincing Rolling Eyes
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:08 pm

just freaking drop xabi already, he's completely out of place in a possession keeping team...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:15 pm

I think the problem of the Spanish National team is Vincente Del Bosque, he doesn't seem reactive enough, I get the feeling every time I watch the Spain NT, that he's just copying Pep Guardiola's Barcelona, but the sad thing is that he lacks the key ingredient that makes Barcelona ticks - Messi.

Even though his side won the WC, they were imo not too impressive, they lost their opening match, and only once did they win a match at the World Cup by more than one goal margin, that was against Honduras. I felt they were quite lucky to win against Paraguay and the Netherlands, Casillas let them off the hook in those matches.

If Spain are to repeat their successes, Del Bosque will have to be more innovative, losing all your big friendlies after the world cup (Portugal 4-0, Argentina 4-1, Italy 2-1, England 1-0) is not a sign of World Champions.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:28 pm

I don't think he's copying Pep apart from the possession.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:32 pm

He is, watching the Spain NT, is watching a boring Barcelona side without Lionel Messi, quite a far cry from Luis Aragones' side that won the Euros in 2008.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:49 pm

Spain's Problem is Busquets.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:51 pm

buddytaller wrote:He is, watching the Spain NT, is watching a boring Barcelona side without Lionel Messi, quite a far cry from Luis Aragones' side that won the Euros in 2008.

Barca play with 3 forwards whereas Spain played with 1 goalscorer today.

Spain have possession but they just hope for some luck with 1-2s around the box. Barca however have forwards who make runs.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:54 pm

che wrote:just freaking drop xabi already, he's completely out of place in a possession keeping team...

And what exactly is this based on?

Surely not tonight?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:57 pm

What's is the most important is to *bleep* drop one DM :facepalm:

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next