Is a CF a striker?

+16
michael1
kiranr
leemhuis
Pedram
VanDeezNuts
Gil
DeviAngel
Jack Daniels
S32TABLANCA
The Nature Boy
Sushi Master
Superstone Mariomintsch
Swanhends
REWB
Ganso
EarlyPrototype
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is a CF a striker?

Is a CF a striker? - Page 2 Vote_lcap70%Is a CF a striker? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 70% 
[ 19 ]
Is a CF a striker? - Page 2 Vote_lcap30%Is a CF a striker? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 8 ]
 
Total Votes : 27
 
 

Is a CF a striker? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is a CF a striker?

Post by Sushi Master Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:14 pm

A CF can't be considered to play on the wing forward position, because that just takes the C out of the CF.

Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Posts : 9392
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Is a CF a striker? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is a CF a striker?

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:20 pm

what i meant was a CF-type player is more complete/compatable with the other 2 forward positions.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel
Posts : 5869
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Is a CF a striker? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is a CF a striker?

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:27 pm

I think I have described it sound enough and again CF is support striker Messi, Totti guys only in FIFA. In the real world, you heard more Center Forward as the spearhead and the Second Striker as the one supporting him. The OP also define the Striker as the overall Forward position, in which I've interpreted clearly in my dwindled post.

Dat 2nd striker not striker thing is hilarious, I remembered it back then, just forgot who started it. I think he meant the striker there is the advance forward/targetman/poacher type, the finisher at the top end of the formation, and not being as the thread starter thinks here which is Forward position in general.

And yes, Sushi's explanation is as accurate as Zico's FK. Inside forward is still forward though, as they are not totally wide and most off the times am or second striker being deployed there. Very Happy
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Dortmund
Posts : 639
Join date : 2011-09-30
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Is a CF a striker? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is a CF a striker?

Post by Pedram Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:27 pm

Centre forward, Striker and Second striker all differs from each other.

Centre forward: The Centre forward is often a tall player, typically known as a target man, whose main function is to score the majority of goals for his team. He may also be used to win long balls or receive passes and "hold up" the ball as team-mates advance, to help teammates score by providing a pass ('through ball' into the box); the latter variation usually requiring quicker pace. Some forwards operate on the wings of the field and work their way goalward. A centre forward usually must be strong, to win key headers and 'outmuscle' defenders. His classic number is 9.

Striker: The striker however varies greatly from the centre-forward. Strikers are more known for their ability to peel off defenders and to run into space via the blind side of the defender and to receive the ball in a good goalscoring position. They are typically fast players with decent ball control and dribbling abilities. A good striker should be able to shoot confidently with both feet, possess great power and accuracy, and have the ability to slot the ball under pressure in breakaway situations.

Second striker: Deep-lying forwards have a long history in the game, but the terminology to describe them has varied over the years. Originally such players were termed inside forwards, or deep-lying centre forwards. More recently, two more variations of this old type of player have developed: the second or shadow or support or auxiliary striker and, in what is in fact a distinct position unto its own, the Number 10, the Trequartista who are often described to be an attacking midfielder or the playmaker.

Quotes are taken from Wikipedia.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6929
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Is a CF a striker? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is a CF a striker?

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:30 pm

Ah, Wiki definition. Okay then let's all agree targetman Drogba, Ibra is CF, advanced forward Torres, Ronaldo, Henry is Striker, while yeah second striker is completely different. Poacher's still poacher then and overall forward position is still forward. Simpaulis
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Dortmund
Posts : 639
Join date : 2011-09-30
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Is a CF a striker? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is a CF a striker?

Post by REWB Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:18 am

Jack Daniels wrote:Do you guys remember the argument of a Second Striker not being a Striker?

One of the most hilarious things in here...

If only i can remember who started it. albino

i think it was halamadrid Laughing
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 5436
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Is a CF a striker? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is a CF a striker?

Post by REWB Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:19 am

El Pipita wrote:Centre forward, Striker and Second striker all differs from each other.

Centre forward: The Centre forward is often a tall player, typically known as a target man, whose main function is to score the majority of goals for his team. He may also be used to win long balls or receive passes and "hold up" the ball as team-mates advance, to help teammates score by providing a pass ('through ball' into the box); the latter variation usually requiring quicker pace. Some forwards operate on the wings of the field and work their way goalward. A centre forward usually must be strong, to win key headers and 'outmuscle' defenders. His classic number is 9.

Striker: The striker however varies greatly from the centre-forward. Strikers are more known for their ability to peel off defenders and to run into space via the blind side of the defender and to receive the ball in a good goalscoring position. They are typically fast players with decent ball control and dribbling abilities. A good striker should be able to shoot confidently with both feet, possess great power and accuracy, and have the ability to slot the ball under pressure in breakaway situations.

Second striker: Deep-lying forwards have a long history in the game, but the terminology to describe them has varied over the years. Originally such players were termed inside forwards, or deep-lying centre forwards. More recently, two more variations of this old type of player have developed: the second or shadow or support or auxiliary striker and, in what is in fact a distinct position unto its own, the Number 10, the Trequartista who are often described to be an attacking midfielder or the playmaker.

Quotes are taken from Wikipedia.

i see so a second striker isnt a striker then hmm
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 5436
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Is a CF a striker? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is a CF a striker?

Post by Pedram Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:34 am

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
El Pipita wrote:Centre forward, Striker and Second striker all differs from each other.

Centre forward: The Centre forward is often a tall player, typically known as a target man, whose main function is to score the majority of goals for his team. He may also be used to win long balls or receive passes and "hold up" the ball as team-mates advance, to help teammates score by providing a pass ('through ball' into the box); the latter variation usually requiring quicker pace. Some forwards operate on the wings of the field and work their way goalward. A centre forward usually must be strong, to win key headers and 'outmuscle' defenders. His classic number is 9.

Striker: The striker however varies greatly from the centre-forward. Strikers are more known for their ability to peel off defenders and to run into space via the blind side of the defender and to receive the ball in a good goalscoring position. They are typically fast players with decent ball control and dribbling abilities. A good striker should be able to shoot confidently with both feet, possess great power and accuracy, and have the ability to slot the ball under pressure in breakaway situations.

Second striker: Deep-lying forwards have a long history in the game, but the terminology to describe them has varied over the years. Originally such players were termed inside forwards, or deep-lying centre forwards. More recently, two more variations of this old type of player have developed: the second or shadow or support or auxiliary striker and, in what is in fact a distinct position unto its own, the Number 10, the Trequartista who are often described to be an attacking midfielder or the playmaker.

Quotes are taken from Wikipedia.

i see so a second striker isnt a striker then hmm

Who said second striker isn't a striker ? scratch
If it wasn't a striker then there was no need to call it second striker.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6929
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Is a CF a striker? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is a CF a striker?

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:38 am

a CF is a center forward striker. You can have wingers be strikers too... of course i have to mention Platini: He was a CAM who also was a striker (8 30+ goal seasons).

Striker is not really a position. It's a role that is combined with a position on the field... and the role being to score goals.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Is a CF a striker? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is a CF a striker?

Post by leemhuis Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:06 am

Striker is a new word for goal socrer. Center Forward is a old word. A number 9 is a scorer so a striker.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 923
Join date : 2011-09-07

Back to top Go down

Is a CF a striker? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is a CF a striker?

Post by kiranr Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:24 am

bhends wrote:a CF is always a striker, but a striker is not always a CF

:coffee:

This thread should have ended here, really!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3496
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Is a CF a striker? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is a CF a striker?

Post by michael1 Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:53 am

Lolll seriously u might as well ask if a Centre Defender is a defender.

What a stupid thread
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 653
Join date : 2011-08-16

Back to top Go down

Is a CF a striker? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is a CF a striker?

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:01 am


WF______ST______WF
________SS
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 6063
Join date : 2011-06-10
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Is a CF a striker? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is a CF a striker?

Post by Sushi Master Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:03 am

Lord Hispano wrote:
WF______ST______WF
________SS
________AM
SM____MC___MC__SM
This is the way I see it.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 9392
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Is a CF a striker? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is a CF a striker?

Post by zizzle Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:07 am

i donno what the footballing world has agreed on but to me a CF is a what some call a number 10 or a like Baggio forward who would operate from outside the area, while a striker is an all out forward like RVN and Milito, and those are 2 different positions IMO
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 6887
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 103

Back to top Go down

Is a CF a striker? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is a CF a striker?

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:17 am

Sushi Master wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:
WF______ST______WF
________SS

SM______AM______SM
________CM
WB______DM______WB

SB______CB_______SB
________SW
________GK
This is the way I see it.

The full version. 🐘
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 6063
Join date : 2011-06-10
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Is a CF a striker? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is a CF a striker?

Post by iftikhar Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:20 am

1. Torres is a striker. His skills as well as role within the the team is to bang-in goals.

2. Suarez is a CF. He is expected to score as well as create goal-scoring (with on & off the ball movement).
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 9347
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 51

Back to top Go down

Is a CF a striker? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is a CF a striker?

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:22 am

Torres is a Balanced CF

Suarez is a Technical CF wich makes him able to play at the Wings and as an SS.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 6063
Join date : 2011-06-10
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Is a CF a striker? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is a CF a striker?

Post by iftikhar Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:31 am

CF=SS!!!

Examples???
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 9347
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 51

Back to top Go down

Is a CF a striker? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is a CF a striker?

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:33 am

CF=ST. Laughing
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 6063
Join date : 2011-06-10
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Is a CF a striker? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is a CF a striker?

Post by Babun Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:08 am

SS= supporting striker, it means there's a striker already, SS play off them eco smile
Striker= forward Very Happy
CF means centre forward literally! Very Happy

A striker is someone who is supposed to be a goal scorer in my books. He could be a creater as well. A CF is someone whose primary objective is to score goals. You don't see a centre forward creating much upfront by himself unless he plays false 9 or a hold up targetman. The guys for these types of play are ideally Messi and an in form Drogba. Still, their primary roles were to score goals. Torres is CF as well. I don't know why people are confused, did Fifa cloud your minds? eco smile
Or better if a centre forward doesn't play like Messi or Drogba, how are they supposed to 'create' much? eco smile
SS play behind the guys called CF not in front of them eco smile

Example of strikers:

CR7
Messi
Nerman
Hazard
Robben
Pedro
Villa
Muller for Germany

Example of centre forwards/ central strikers:

Drogba
Gomez
Torres
Higuain
Cavani etc.

As you see, every CF is a striker as well but not every striker qualifies as CF eco smile


Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7221
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Is a CF a striker? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is a CF a striker?

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:47 am

Lord Hispano wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:
WF______ST______WF
________SS

SM______AM______SM
________CM
WB______DM______WB

SB______CB_______SB
________SW
________GK
This is the way I see it.

The full version. 🐘

This is certainly the truth about all the generic position. SS shouldn't really be mentioned though as in actuality is half-half in the middle of AM and ST. SS which still have the world Striker should be mentioned as ST and the lookout is basically like this:

Inside Forward-----Targetman(CF)/Poacher/ False9(SS brnch) /Advanced Forward(Gnrl ST)----Inside Forward
Inside Forward--------Deep-Lying forward---Deep-Lying forward---Deep-Lying forward--------Inside Forward

Deep-lying forward (ie Del Piero) is the general SS off behind an either of Targetman(CF, ie Drogba), Poacher (ie Pippo), or Advanced Forward (General ST ie Ronaldo Luis) who is the player at the high end of the formation. There is another player who started there but will always go deep to build up play which is called false 9 (ie Messi). Then there's the inside forward which starts off from the wing but always looking on cutting inside to either score, create, or link-up (ie Pedro). That's to make things clearer if my two dwindled posts in page 1 is still unclear.

So yes Torres who said balance CF or the CF who can create chances for himself by dribbling and technical play while also generally clinical. Other than Torres, Ronaldo, Henry, Eto'o, and Sheva are all prominent examples. Cavani is more of an advanced forward or as the wiki definition General ST rather than a purebred poacher. About Suarez being technical CF, well technical, strong, balanced, clinical are just the traits of a striker. If by what you mean can play as wing and SS well it's basically he's just a versatile attacker. There are several examples: Messi (SS, F9, IF), Villa (AF, SS, IF), Henry (AF, IF), Eto'o (AF, SS, IF), Tevez (SS, F9, IF) and as you mentioned yourself Suarez (AF, SS, IF). The targetmen and poachers are the most specialized breed, and Ronaldo and Torres are the two prominent names of recent time that I know play exclusively as AF. While Rooney is just a complete forward (TM, IF SS, F9, IF). Poachers is the truly purest goalscorer type with the typical excellent running starting from close the lastman's shoulder to receive the cross, throughballs, and loose balls, but they too can be versatile like Higuain that can play as winger and Raul that can play deeper as SS and even deeper again as the AM in the hole. About the CF=SS thing is just exclusively in FIFA, no other game and real world pundits uses that. CF is targetman as said by Wiki, OP, and described by most posters here. While what I say as AF is what usually said as ST if you see it in more detail. But ST in Hispano's description or better to be said Forward is a line position up front excluding the sides which includes all these players here.
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Dortmund
Posts : 639
Join date : 2011-09-30
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Is a CF a striker? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is a CF a striker?

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:01 am

babun1024 wrote:SS= supporting striker, it means there's a striker already, SS play off them eco smile
Striker= forward Very Happy
CF means centre forward literally! Very Happy

A striker is someone who is supposed to be a goal scorer in my books. He could be a creater as well. A CF is someone whose primary objective is to score goals. You don't see a centre forward creating much upfront by himself unless he plays false 9 or a hold up targetman. The guys for these types of play are ideally Messi and an in form Drogba. Still, their primary roles were to score goals. Torres is CF as well. I don't know why people are confused, did Fifa cloud your minds? eco smile
Or better if a centre forward doesn't play like Messi or Drogba, how are they supposed to 'create' much? eco smile
SS play behind the guys called CF not in front of them eco smile

Example of strikers:

CR7
Messi
Nerman
Hazard
Robben
Pedro
Villa
Muller for Germany

Example of centre forwards/ central strikers:

Drogba
Gomez
Torres
Higuain
Cavani etc.

As you see, every CF is a striker as well but not every striker qualifies as CF eco smile



What you said as Strikers are definitely better worded as attackers all along the AM and FW lines reaching even the both sides are attackers. Winger then is included as attackers. Very Happy Exception is the AM that looks to go really deep a lot in defending, ball circulation, and general placement the guys like Iniesta, Eriksen, and Zidane still qualify largely as midfielders. Very Happy Drogba until Cavani are all strikers yes, the spearhead, the bombers, the main goalscorer and minimally include in the build up. Targetman (Drog) does holdup ball but it's not a very team oriented buildup anymore, it's just that he has this strong body and utilize it that way. TM differs from SS in creating due to the view of the forwards, SS look at goal and TM look behind. Very Happy TM is still very up top and they pretty much still need the service. Gomez and Higuain are poachers as they are up top and still look at goal and didn't really link up more in deeper areas. They are not the purest breed like Pippo, Muller, and Trez though; Gomez has better technique and def work rate than the others, while Higuain can play on the wing. Very Happy Torres and Cavani are what I say as Advanced Forward or just generally Striker. They, along with Ronaldo, Eto'o, Henry, Shevchenko, Puskas and Eusebio is the guy who can create chances for themselves and finish in many ways possible, mostly in brilliant fashion due to their quality. Very Happy

So, TM, AF, and CF are all main finishers or No.9, while SS and F9 are still considered the second striker. Pedro, Villa, Muller, Nerman are inside forwards. They are all forwards. Then, Ronaldo, Hazard, Robben are not forwards but attackers. eco smile
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Dortmund
Posts : 639
Join date : 2011-09-30
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Is a CF a striker? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is a CF a striker?

Post by Babun Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:23 am

Superstone Mariomintsch wrote:
So, TM, AF, and CF are all main finishers or No.9, while SS and F9 are still considered the second striker. Pedro, Villa, Muller, Nerman are inside forwards. They are all forwards. Then, Ronaldo, Hazard, Robben are not forwards but attackers. eco smile
Ronaldo is a forward, his primary role is to bring himself into scoring positions, at least in RM Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7221
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Is a CF a striker? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is a CF a striker?

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:26 am

babun1024 wrote:
Superstone Mariomintsch wrote:
So, TM, AF, and CF are all main finishers or No.9, while SS and F9 are still considered the second striker. Pedro, Villa, Muller, Nerman are inside forwards. They are all forwards. Then, Ronaldo, Hazard, Robben are not forwards but attackers. eco smile
Ronaldo is a forward, his primary role is to bring himself into scoring positions, at least in RM Very Happy


He's the strangest case because on paper he is in the left of the -3- which should not be forward, but he always end up in the poacher and 45 degree just out of the D box to do the things he does best, stylish machine-gunning Very Happy
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Dortmund
Posts : 639
Join date : 2011-09-30
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Is a CF a striker? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is a CF a striker?

Post by Babun Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:30 am

Superstone Mariomintsch wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
Superstone Mariomintsch wrote:
So, TM, AF, and CF are all main finishers or No.9, while SS and F9 are still considered the second striker. Pedro, Villa, Muller, Nerman are inside forwards. They are all forwards. Then, Ronaldo, Hazard, Robben are not forwards but attackers. eco smile
Ronaldo is a forward, his primary role is to bring himself into scoring positions, at least in RM Very Happy


He's the strangest case because on paper he is in the left of the -3- which should not be forward, but he always end up in the poacher and 45 degree just out of the D box to do the things he does best, stylish machine-gunning Very Happy
We call it stinger=striker+winger eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 7221
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Is a CF a striker? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is a CF a striker?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum