Swanhends
REWB
Ganso
EarlyPrototype
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Is a CF a striker?

Is a CF a striker? - Page 3 Vote_lcap70%Is a CF a striker? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 70% 
[ 19 ]
Is a CF a striker? - Page 3 Vote_lcap30%Is a CF a striker? - Page 3 Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 27

Is a CF a striker? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is a CF a striker?

Post by Babun Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:30 am

Superstone Mariomintsch wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
Superstone Mariomintsch wrote:
So, TM, AF, and CF are all main finishers or No.9, while SS and F9 are still considered the second striker. Pedro, Villa, Muller, Nerman are inside forwards. They are all forwards. Then, Ronaldo, Hazard, Robben are not forwards but attackers. eco smile
Ronaldo is a forward, his primary role is to bring himself into scoring positions, at least in RM Very Happy

He's the strangest case because on paper he is in the left of the -3- which should not be forward, but he always end up in the poacher and 45 degree just out of the D box to do the things he does best, stylish machine-gunning Very Happy
We call it stinger=striker+winger eco smile

Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:44 am

babun1024 wrote:SS= supporting striker, it means there's a striker already, SS play off them eco smile
Striker= forward Very Happy
CF means centre forward literally! Very Happy

A striker is someone who is supposed to be a goal scorer in my books. He could be a creater as well. A CF is someone whose primary objective is to score goals. You don't see a centre forward creating much upfront by himself unless he plays false 9 or a hold up targetman. The guys for these types of play are ideally Messi and an in form Drogba. Still, their primary roles were to score goals. Torres is CF as well. I don't know why people are confused, did Fifa cloud your minds? eco smile
Or better if a centre forward doesn't play like Messi or Drogba, how are they supposed to 'create' much? eco smile
SS play behind the guys called CF not in front of them eco smile

Example of strikers:

CR7
Messi
Nerman
Hazard
Robben
Pedro
Villa
Muller for Germany

Example of centre forwards/ central strikers:

Drogba
Gomez
Torres
Higuain
Cavani etc.

As you see, every CF is a striker as well but not every striker qualifies as CF eco smile

I agree with almost all of it. Just interchange the CF and striker definition and i will agree with all of it.

EDIT: Yeah, i got it wrong. You are right Babun...
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:59 am

kiranr wrote:
I agree with almost all of it. Just interchange the CF and striker definition and i will agree with all of it.

I don't get the overall confusion Very Happy Maybe, it's because I don't play Fifa. What're the definitions there? eco smile
Striker and forward are synonyms eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:09 am

babun1024 wrote:
kiranr wrote:

I don't get the overall confusion Very Happy Maybe, it's because I don't play Fifa. What're the definitions there? eco smile
Striker and forward are synonyms eco smile

I just got confused by the striker also being the creator part which i dont necessarily agree with.

A striker is someone who main is job is to score goals. Hence a CF is a striker.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3