fatman123
McAgger
Mr Nick09
Kick
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mata is...

how highly do you rate Juan Mata? - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%how highly do you rate Juan Mata? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 5 ]
how highly do you rate Juan Mata? - Page 2 Vote_lcap15%how highly do you rate Juan Mata? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 5 ]
how highly do you rate Juan Mata? - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%how highly do you rate Juan Mata? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 6 ]
how highly do you rate Juan Mata? - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%how highly do you rate Juan Mata? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 7 ]
how highly do you rate Juan Mata? - Page 2 Vote_lcap30%how highly do you rate Juan Mata? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 10 ]
how highly do you rate Juan Mata? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%how highly do you rate Juan Mata? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 33

how highly do you rate Juan Mata? - Page 2 Empty Re: how highly do you rate Juan Mata?

Post by Gil Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:52 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Gil wrote:
The Franchise wrote:He isnt a winger.

Not really a number 10 either.

One of the modern players who are a cross between both.

Anyway, he been great for Chelsea everytime I see them and has the same quality in previous seasons. I think he enjoys the responsibility he has now.

Would you agree that him and Ozil are virtually the same player? Mata is probably the better crosser and finds space alot easier while Ozil is more skillful but they're very similar IMO.

Also do you think he's best in the role he's playing now (starting wide left with the freedom to move wherever he pleases) or the role he played for Valencia in the 2nd half of last season?

Yeah I could see that now you said it, never thought about that before now. Similar styles, modern players.

Role for Valencia? You will have to remind me. In between the lines, number 10 type?

Yeah in between the lines. Had a very good game against Madrid in that role.

Created all three of Valencia's goals that day I think.

Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

how highly do you rate Juan Mata? - Page 2 Empty Re: how highly do you rate Juan Mata?

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:55 pm

Rate him very highly, no secret that most Arsenal fans wanted him at arsenal to replace Cesc.

Brilliant player and he is a genius at times
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:56 pm

Yeah, I prefer him in that role

Though, there are advantages to each.

On the left, he can move around and he gives the rightback a problem. He will come off the flank and if the leftback follows him he has instantly made a huge gap for someone like Cole.

Downside of that though is at times he has to stay wide and while he can do it well, he isnt involved in the game quite as much. Gets less touches.

So, I prefer him as a number 10 type, in the center of things. Though, he doesnt get to go 1 v 1 as often, I think his final pass is superb and he can give them more often.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:57 pm

I though this thread was about how highly you rate Juan Mata :facepalm: .
And being able to rate if he is top 5 or 20 you naturally compare him with other players on similar positions. What the hell to you expect people to do.

xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:03 pm

Young man's Maxi.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:04 pm

xabi wrote:I though this thread was about how highly you rate Juan Mata :facepalm: .
And being able to rate if he is top 5 or 20 you naturally compare him with other players on similar positions. What the hell to you expect people to do.

How highly you rate him....doesnt mean you have to compare him to someone else.

You dont have to take it literally and say top 5, top 10 or whatever.

As you can see, other people havent done that and still managed to explain how they rate him.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:07 pm

Just because Mata plays LW doesn't mean he has to get compared to every LW out there.

There are different types of roles for wingers. The most common 3 are, direct winger, playmaking winger and the other goalscoring winger.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:15 pm

The Franchise wrote:Yeah, I prefer him in that role

On the left, he can move around and he gives the rightback a problem. He will come off the flank and if the leftback follows him he has instantly made a huge gap for someone like Cole.

Downside of that though is at times he has to stay wide and while he can do it well, he isnt involved in the game quite as much. Gets less touches.

So, I prefer him as a number 10 type, in the center of things. Though, he doesnt get to go 1 v 1 as often, I think his final pass is superb and he can give them more often.

Hard to argue with any of that. I also believe Mata being given so much freedom on the pitch has left Ashley Cole ridiculously exposed this season. A more "traditional" wide player would benefit us defensively because for all his strengths he's pretty much useless defensively. Can't fault him for the effort though. Very Happy

Oh and I wanted to ask you one more thing. If AVB were to set us up in a Madrid-esque 4-2-3-1 formation with Ramires playing the Khedira role, Mata in the Ozil role and Oriol Romeu in the Alonso role, do you think it would work or would we need a deep lying playmaker like Sahin, Modric, Alonso etc to get the best out of Mata in that role.

Lord Hispano wrote:Ozil is more of a Standard AM.

Mata's Passing combined with his Crossing Pace and Dribbling gives him versitility to play pretty much anywhere.

Disagree mate. Ozil also drifts all over the pitch like Mata does which is very usual for a standard AM.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:18 pm

Ozil wouldn't come into the winger category though. Standard AM's can usually do what they like anyway.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:20 pm

mata is better than ozil,specially in terms of dribbling,shooting...overall attacking play
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:25 pm

Ganso wrote:mata is better than ozil,specially in terms of dribbling,shooting...overall attacking play

I believe you're basing your opinion on their current form, no way Mata is better than Ozil in dribbling. take a look at Germany games at World Cup and see how Ozil was dribbling players for fun.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:26 pm

@Gil the few times I've seen Romeu (which are very few) he doesn't really attack alot, he gives medium to short passes. I don't see how he can do that role, it'd be much better if he plays the Khedira role and you guys get a DLP
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:28 pm

You can't put an option in called Number Juan and expect me to not vote for it...that's too awesome to not vote for.

But I rate him quite a bit. I'll reserve judgment for the end of the season as usual. As of right now he's a top 20 IMO.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:49 pm

Gil wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Yeah, I prefer him in that role

Hard to argue with any of that. I also believe Mata being given so much freedom on the pitch has left Ashley Cole ridiculously exposed this season. A more "traditional" wide player would benefit us defensively because for all his strengths he's pretty much useless defensively. Can't fault him for the effort though. Very Happy

Oh and I wanted to ask you one more thing. If AVB were to set us up in a Madrid-esque 4-2-3-1 formation with Ramires playing the Khedira role, Mata in the Ozil role and Oriol Romeu in the Alonso role, do you think it would work or would we need a deep lying playmaker like Sahin, Modric, Alonso etc to get the best out of Mata in that role.

Lord Hispano wrote:Ozil is more of a Standard AM.

Mata's Passing combined with his Crossing Pace and Dribbling gives him versitility to play pretty much anywhere.

Disagree mate. Ozil also drifts all over the pitch like Mata does which is very usual for a standard AM.

Good point, he wont give Cole any helping hand. No doubt about that. Just doesnt have the tools. He tries though, your right.

Intresting question comparing the set up to Madrid.

I dont know, I think Alonso has a range of passing and a mentality for the hollywood ball that Romeu doesnt have. Though, I could be hasty because I seen Romeu less then you now probably lol.

I think also, Di Maria and Cristiano are on the end of Xabi´s passing and they are very direct. Other than Sturridge I dont think Chelsea have the required personale in the forward position (Kalou, Flo-Mo, Anelka). So all in all, I think Chelsea are a midfield passer and direct forward away from that idea.

How about Banaga?

Another thing, I assume this is post Lampard? Would he simply become "Kaka" off the bench as a change. I think its a very similar situaton because of the way Kaka plays. Both he and Lamps are a little reluctant to connect with the midfield.

As for the idea generally speaking. I think it could work with those additions.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkentelechy Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:47 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:
xabi wrote: players that are better than mata (LW and CAMS)

ribery
david silva
iniesta
ronaldo
nani
özil
fabregas
sneijder
hulk
hernanes
add second strikers and doesn't make top 30

Why is Hulk there?

Hulk is great, not a LW though, if that's the point Laughing
Funkentelechy
Funkentelechy
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Hamburg

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:12 am

As number Juan player at Chelsea right now. Wink
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:39 am

1:36 Stop it!

julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:01 am

If you're going to play him in the No.10 role, then he needs to drastically improve his first touch. Under pressure, his touch is usually very sloppy and the ball is way too far from him. Needs to improve his control
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:35 am

Do you guys think he could move into CM (not in the hole) ala Andres Iniesta?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:24 am

I don't watch Chelsea every week so but I'd leave him where he is. That's me, though.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2