Jack Daniels
giovanni_milan
Raptorgunner
Superstone Mariomintsch
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who is better?

Andriy Shevchenko vs Cristiano Ronaldo Vote_lcap52%Andriy Shevchenko vs Cristiano Ronaldo Vote_rcap 52% 
[ 16 ]
Andriy Shevchenko vs Cristiano Ronaldo Vote_lcap48%Andriy Shevchenko vs Cristiano Ronaldo Vote_rcap 48% 
[ 15 ]

Total Votes : 31

Andriy Shevchenko vs Cristiano Ronaldo Empty Andriy Shevchenko vs Cristiano Ronaldo

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:27 am

Different base-position? Doesn't matter as they are both no.7-wearer who has a knack of scoring beautiful goals after cutting inside, comfortable with the ball, and have excellent scoring record. Just who is better up till now?
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Andriy Shevchenko vs Cristiano Ronaldo Empty Re: Andriy Shevchenko vs Cristiano Ronaldo

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:19 am

I am going with CR7, one of kind. Very Happy
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Andriy Shevchenko vs Cristiano Ronaldo Empty Re: Andriy Shevchenko vs Cristiano Ronaldo

Post by Superstone Mariomintsch Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:31 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:I am going with CR7, one of kind. Very Happy

Very Happy, Both won one Ballon D'or my friend. You love Henry as he is both scary and pleasing on the eye right. Well, for me Sheva was better to watch and he absolutely terrorized the giants of Serie A (very strong at that time) and Europe in his grandest period 2002-2006. banana
Superstone Mariomintsch
Superstone Mariomintsch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by giovanni_milan Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:18 am

sheva for me
giovanni_milan
giovanni_milan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:59 am

I'll state some facts here to help you guys decide. albino

Cristiano Ronaldo (Age 26) :

Sporting : 31 apps 5 goals
Man Utd : 292 apps 118 goals
Real Madrid : 103 apps 98 goals <- ffs

total : 426 apps 221 goals

Andriy Shevchenko (age 35) :

Dynamo Kiev : 238 apps 122 goals
Milan (2nd stint included) : 322 apps 175 goals
Chelsea 77 apps 22 goals

Total : 637 apps 319 goals

Trophies :

Cristiano Ronaldo

Premier League - 3
FA cup - 1
League Cup - 2
FA community Shield - 1
Champions League - 1
Club world Cup - 1
Copa Del Rey - 1

Total : 10

Andriy Shevchenko

Ukranian Premier League - 5
Ukranian Cup - 3
Ukranian Super Cup - 1
Serie A - 1
Coppa Italia - 1
Supercoppa Italiana - 1
Champions League - 1
UEFA Super Cup - 1
FA Cup - 1
League Cup - 1

Total : 16

Both won the Ballon D'or once

Cristiano won the FIFA WPOY once, Andriy managed third on their Ballon D'or Season.

Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:01 am

Look who was playing during Shevchenko's era v. Cristiano Ronaldo's.

Football has declined, that is a reality. :coffee:
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:48 pm

Shevchenko is still the most overrated player of the last decade imv. of all the players who have won ballon D ors who i have seen play (since 2002), he is the one who should not have won lol. only people who rate him are those who are Serie A fans. says a lot imv.
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:13 pm

mzamani wrote:Shevchenko is still the most overrated player of the last decade imv. of all the players who have won ballon D ors who i have seen play (since 2002), he is the one who should not have won lol. only people who rate him are those who are Serie A fans. says a lot imv.

Or maybe the only people who don't rate him are those who are EPL fans...

Shevchenko was great until he hit that 30 year old mark, where injuries started plaguing him, and he happened to be at Chelsea at that time. Says a lot too doesn't it? lol.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:28 pm

mzamani wrote:Shevchenko is still the most overrated player of the last decade imv. of all the players who have won ballon D ors who i have seen play (since 2002), he is the one who should not have won lol. only people who rate him are those who are Serie A fans. says a lot imv.

Overated??? LOL

I'd like to hear you justify your rather bold and to be honest, ridiculous statement.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:11 pm

Well, its true his Balon D Or is debatable. But, as I said he won it when nobody was up to the challenge, kinda like Keegan's 2 awards. Deco did not stand out at Porto as a sole star, Ronaldinho was up and coming, so Sheva just filled the place. If not for that Depor stupid lose, we would ve had Porto, Chelsea, Monaco to beat: not scary opponents if you ask me.

And, Owen's and Messi 2010 award are more debatable.

I rate Sheva a bit under Henry's level, both are better than CR version "PRESENT TIME".

Another thing: football declined, its less competitive, mid teams have gone downhill, hell a lot of top teams went down.

So, judging this minute, this second, Sheva, Henry, Del Piero, Raul>CR

But, CR is young, consistant and has a very, very good chance of overtaking them.

Just my opinion
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:48 am

Got to be Sheva.... Terrorised Serie-A during it's strongest period in the 2000s...

Seth
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:05 am

Grande_Milano wrote:Well, its true his Balon D Or is debatable. But, as I said he won it when nobody was up to the challenge, kinda like Keegan's 2 awards. Deco did not stand out at Porto as a sole star, Ronaldinho was up and coming, so Sheva just filled the place. If not for that Depor stupid lose, we would ve had Porto, Chelsea, Monaco to beat: not scary opponents if you ask me.

And, Owen's and Messi 2010 award are more debatable.

I rate Sheva a bit under Henry's level, both are better than CR version "PRESENT TIME".

Another thing: football declined, its less competitive, mid teams have gone downhill, hell a lot of top teams went down.

So, judging this minute, this second, Sheva, Henry, Del Piero, Raul>CR

But, CR is young, consistant and has a very, very good chance of overtaking them.

Just my opinion

I sometimes wonder, do people actually believe in what they write?

Alongside Raul and Henry, Sheva is probably one of the best European strikers of the decade. But he is no where close to Ronaldo's level in terms of consistency, goal scoring, ..just about anything maybe apart from finishing ( still debatable).

Sheva ( even in his prime) would need atleast 170/250 ( or even more) games to score around 98 goals. Ronaldo was consistent in Spain and England, the two best league in the world right now, it doesn't matter whether you like that fact or not.

Sheva's class personality on the other hand is way above Ronaldo. In terms of pure footballing reasons, Ronaldo is heaps and bounds above Sheva.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:09 am

Jack Daniels wrote:I'll state some facts here to help you guys decide. albino

Cristiano Ronaldo (Age 26) :

Sporting : 31 apps 5 goals
Man Utd : 292 apps 118 goals
Real Madrid : 103 apps 98 goals <- ffs

total : 426 apps 221 goals

Andriy Shevchenko (age 35) :

Dynamo Kiev : 238 apps 122 goals
Milan (2nd stint included) : 322 apps 175 goals
Chelsea 77 apps 22 goals

Total : 637 apps 319 goals

Trophies :

Cristiano Ronaldo

Premier League - 3
FA cup - 1
League Cup - 2
FA community Shield - 1
Champions League - 1
Club world Cup - 1
Copa Del Rey - 1

Total : 10

Andriy Shevchenko

Ukranian Premier League - 5
Ukranian Cup - 3
Ukranian Super Cup - 1
Serie A - 1
Coppa Italia - 1
Supercoppa Italiana - 1
Champions League - 1
UEFA Super Cup - 1
FA Cup - 1
League Cup - 1

Total : 16

Both won the Ballon D'or once

Cristiano won the FIFA WPOY once, Andriy managed third on their Ballon D'or Season.

Absolutely no point for these stats, because people who are here to vote for Sheva or against Ronaldo are doing purely for either their love for Sheva ( understandable) or hate for Ronaldo. Therefore, both those parties will conveniently avoid the stats and cover them up with excuses.

This is not to hate on Sheva who I think is a brilliant player, and deserves every respect. However, he is being compared to someone who is a lot better than him in "almost" every aspect.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:19 am

And you missed the point of ''football has declined". Anybody on these forums believe that football is same strong as it was? hahaha
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:48 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:And you missed the point of ''football has declined". Anybody on these forums believe that football is same strong as it was? hahaha

Sadly
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:05 pm

on this forum: serie a declines, hence football declines.. never minds the talents coming in at break neck pace from spain,germany, south america, even england producing some gems
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:13 pm

lets see:

Arsenal till 2006 and now
Liverpool till 2008 and now
Juve till 2006 and now
Milan till 2007 and now
Mou's Chelsea

Heck yea, Serie A
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:07 am

Just because your team is no longer as good as it was, or that there are more competition for your team does not mean football has declined. i am pretty much sure if Shevchenko peaked now would not be better than he was. still though, i stand by my point, the most overrated striker of the last decade. his Ballon D Or was\is a joke to me.
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:08 am

diptiman wrote:on this forum: serie a declines, hence football declines.. never minds the talents coming in at break neck pace from spain,germany, south america, even england producing some gems

When teams like Deportivo/Leeds/Valencia were actually capable of challenging for CL football but now they're no where to be seen...

Yeah...football has not declined...only serie A declined...

Seth
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:26 am

Seth wrote:
diptiman wrote:on this forum: serie a declines, hence football declines.. never minds the talents coming in at break neck pace from spain,germany, south america, even england producing some gems

When teams like Deportivo/Leeds/Valencia were actually capable of challenging for CL football but now they're no where to be seen...

Yeah...football has not declined...only serie A declined...

All those 2 teams were one season onders (Valencia twice). if you think those clubs would have challenged in around 06-09 when PL was "dominating" then i dont know what to say. what about Schalke last season?
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:27 am

I ve listed teams, this Arsenal and Liverpool of todays would ve been smashed by their older selfs.

Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:52 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:I ve listed teams, this Arsenal and Liverpool of todays would ve been smashed by their older selfs.

On the other hand, this City, Chelsea and Barca will destroy their former sides 7-10 years back. it works both ways bro
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:50 pm

football has not declined lol.. its just all this old is gold nostalgia that middle aged guys is this forum believe in..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:45 pm

Lol, RM is crap that cant win CL for years, not even pretending and not winning it again.
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:58 pm

diptiman wrote:football has not declined lol.. its just all this old is gold nostalgia that middle aged guys is this forum believe in..
good word
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next