McAgger
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Fahim89
BeautifulGame
nj
28 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 23 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by Fahim89 Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:18 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:Acc. to English media (Times,Express,Mail,Mirror) Clichy has made it clear to wenger he wants to come to Liverpool and not Roma.But we have yet make a bid that matches Arsenal's valuation.

would be great if we can get him for 8/9 mil.

8/9m for a player who has a year left in his contract?? won't it be a little high? i say 5/6 is good. . Smile

Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 23 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by Art Morte Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:41 pm

Fahim89 wrote:
8/9m for a player who has a year left in his contract?? won't it be a little high? i say 5/6 is good. . Smile

A. Young seems to be going to United for £ 17m, he's got a year left as well. He and Clichy are the same age, too, if I remember right.

Soccernet
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/929832/stewart-downing-closer-to-liverpool-move?campaign=rss&source=soccernet&cc=5739
reporting that Downing is close to Liverpool move for £ 19m.
He will turn 27 in a month.
Are we overpaying again?

Young > Downing

but according to these reports we end up paying more for Downing than United for Young. I don't like this.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:44 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:

A. Young seems to be going to United for £ 17m, he's got a year left as well. He and Clichy are the same age, too, if I remember right.

Soccernet
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/929832/stewart-downing-closer-to-liverpool-move?campaign=rss&source=soccernet&cc=5739
Are we overpaying again?

Young > Downing

but according to these reports we end up paying more for Downing than United for Young. I don't like this.

Espn soccernet has taken the story from Mail.Mail are saying Villa have set a price tag of 19 mil and we are confident of getting him for 12 mil and will be prepared to negotiate till the last day of window.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:51 pm

I hope that report is wrong. If we pay 19 million for him, I'd laugh at us along with the rest of the footballing world.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:53 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
Art Morte wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:

Soccernet
Are we overpaying again?

Young > Downing

Espn soccernet has taken the story from Mail.Mail are saying Villa have set a price tag of 19 mil and we are confident of getting him for 12 mil and will be prepared to negotiate till the last day of window.

Hopefully so, coz burning £ 19m on Downing wouldn't simply be wise. £ 13m at max., otherwise we should go for someone else.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:57 pm

Fahim89 wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:Acc. to English media (Times,Express,Mail,Mirror) Clichy has made it clear to wenger he wants to come to Liverpool and not Roma.But we have yet make a bid that matches Arsenal's valuation.

We payed 5 mil for Paul f*****g Konchesky.So 9 mil for Clichy is a steal.As for how long he has left in his contract we are not in a position to let the contract run and sign next year.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:10 am

Art Morte wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:

Soccernet
Are we overpaying again?

Young > Downing

i am sorry mate but i am a little confused, you just compared Young with Clichy in terms of age only! ! Shocked A.Young 1st & foremost is ENGLISH, secondly Midfielders tend to be a little more expensive & now i really shouldn't talk about their comparative talent cause there is no point in doing so, we all know who the better player is & finally again the guy is ENGLISH!. . i mean how is this even a comparison?! plus with Clichy's diminishing form . .sorry can't say i can see the picture clearly . .

& the Downing fee is what AVFC are asking . .they have become a little crazy off late . .however don't expect us to pay as much . . Smile
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:14 am

BeautifulGame wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:

We payed 5 mil for Paul f*****g Konchesky.So 9 mil for Clichy is a steal.As for how long he has left in his contract we are not in a position to let the contract run and sign next year.

why would we wait to let his contract run out?? i mean why would we be thinking in that perspective! Shocked ain't that his current clubs headache? i mean i guess they would be the one suffering the most from a loss of letting him go for free. . but 7m is what i would be comfortable with & still not 9m Smile
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:32 am

Most Spanish journos seem to think Mata would be available for between 20 and 30 million pounds. If we're willing to throw 19 million at Villa for Downing then I'd hope to hell we were willing to pay up to 30mil for Mata, Hazard, et al.

Hell, throw 30m at Arsenal for Nasri. Wenger might just be crazy enough to accept.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:14 am

bensmith_TimesBen Smith

#LFC's chase for Wickham is not a 'battle'. Player wants to Anfield move, Dalglish very keen. #SAFC know this
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:16 am

Dannng Red...How do u have -202 Rep
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:23 am

Has there EVER been a twatter rumour that's came out true? Neutral
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:54 am

ynwa wrote:Has there EVER been a twatter rumour that's came out true? Neutral

Henderson rumour only started from twitter.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:59 am

well you know some of them do pay off . .& seriously some of the individuals are way way better then many of the crappy newspaper . . & sometimes some tweets are backed up by the big news channels & papers. .

anyhow. . Echo says we are ready to step up our bid & Wickham wants to come to LFC which Tommo did tweet yesterday also Clichy issue who also wants to come to LFC but source not that reliable

Wickham

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/06/23/liverpool-fc-step-up-pursuit-of-10m-rated-ipswich-town-striker-connor-wickham-100252-28927272/

Clichy

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2011/06/23/Reds-close-in-on-Gunners-ace/gnid-98050/
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:17 am

BeautifulGame wrote:

Guardian was the first to report the Henderson and the Marveaux to Liverpool deal #TRUE .. Because i was online when the rumor first originated..
Then it went on twitter..

But Marveuax joining NUFC was seen by none..
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:39 am

Nishank wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:

Guardian was the first to report the Henderson and the Marveaux to Liverpool deal #TRUE .. Because i was online when the rumor first originated..

Henderson rumour originated a day before reported by Guardian.I am pretty sure i read in RAWK and readytogo (SAFC forum) about Henderson rumours based on twitters and then almost every media carried the same story next day including Guardian.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:57 am

BeautifulGame wrote:
Nishank wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:

Henderson rumour originated a day before reported by Guardian.I am pretty sure i read in RAWK and readytogo (SAFC forum) about Henderson rumours based on twitters and then almost every media carried the same story next day including Guardian.

Must be via rawk then, Because the first twitter rumor that i got as a text on cell [ Subscribed ] was regarding hendo using Guardian as the source...
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:19 am

Nishank wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:
Nishank wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:

Must be via rawk then, Because the first twitter rumor that i got as a text on cell [ Subscribed ] was regarding hendo using Guardian as the source...

It was actually someone from Sunderland a free lance journo iirc.Cant remember his username exactly.He actually said Sunderland has accepted a 13 mil bid from us.Then the word just spread about our interest in him.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:54 am

I wouldn't be upset with Downing joining us. If it does happen the fee will be questionable though. No doubt everyone will laugh and say we overpaid again but we'll have to get over that if it is the case.

I'd rather we got a LB sorted good and early. We all did agree it was our priority after all.

P.S. Red, how in the world have you -200 rep?
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:57 am

Juan Mata's father: "Until after Euro U21, we won't listen to anybody. After that, we're willing to listen to all offers"

Smile

Downing from 10-15 will be just fine.. Or else NO thank you..

We could get Sinclair for 10million !

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:02 am

Nishank wrote:Juan Mata's father: "Until after Euro U21, we won't listen to anybody. After that, we're willing to listen to all offers"

Smile

Downing from 10-15 will be just fine.. Or else NO thank you..

We could get Sinclair for 10million !

Signing both Downing and Mata would excellent.We can dream bounce
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:03 am

Chelsea sold Sinclair to Swansea for 500K last summer Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:05 am

We could get a potential future star like Alex Chamberlain for 10-15m...
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:06 am

Sepi wrote:Chelsea sold Sinclair to Swansea for 500K last summer Very Happy

Dammit... Commolli should in stating ill pay you 10 times the amount you brought him for.. That should do it.. Very Happy
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:19 am

Mata: £20-30 million
Downing: £19 million
Clichy: £9 million
Wikham: £10 million

Is it just me or are we being taken for a ride!!! Anyway, for now I would just like to see some thing happen for real. All these rumors are going on for what seems like ages, while ManU is fast getting it's house sorted.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:45 am

Art Morte wrote:We could get a potential future star like Alex Chamberlain for 10-15m...

Why would we need to spend 10mil on Chamberlain when we have Sterling who is already as good if not better and is younger as well?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next