McAgger
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Fahim89
BeautifulGame
nj
28 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 31 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by Nishankly Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:30 pm

Im a bit down right now..

Targets we have missed out -

1. Wickham
2. Jones
3. Young
4. Doni ..

This aint a good sign .. Its actually what usually happens.. I thought this year would change..

Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Summer Silly Season: Official Thread - Page 31 Empty Re: Summer Silly Season: Official Thread

Post by Art Morte Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:57 pm

Nishank wrote:Im a bit down right now..

1. Wickham
2. Jones
3. Young
4. Doni ..

This aint a good sign .. Its actually what usually happens.. I thought this year would change..

1. £ 13m for an 18-yo is quite much, if Sunderland buy him for that amount I'm OK with that. The future will tell whether we've got reason to be disappointed or maybe even happy for not signing him.

2. I feel CBs is an area where there are plenty of fish in the sea and we've got our own promising youngsters there already.

3. A. Young I would have liked and the fact he signed for United makes it that much worse. This disappoints me the most.

4. Couldn't care less.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickeyz Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:39 pm

Lets wait till the Euro window opens more!

Some great cheaper talents out there than the English.

Mickeyz
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:36 am

PANIC PANIC

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:04 am

Now we've missed out on Wickham, we go for Bojan? Very Happy

Or is he already agreed with Roma? :\

What's the situation with Cesc to Barca too? We could go for Thiago seeing as we're not getting Adam...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:48 am

ynwa wrote:Now we've missed out on Wickham, we go for Bojan? Very Happy

Or is he already agreed with Roma? :\

What's the situation with Cesc to Barca too? We could go for Thiago seeing as we're not getting Adam...

U are completely missing the point.Bojan wont come to us because we cant offer him first team football.We have Suarez and Carroll so Bojan will be 3rd choice and he wants regular football.Also Barca want buy-back clause.We wont allow players to treat us as a stepping stone to bigger club by agreeing Buy-back clause.Thiago is same issue.But the likes of Adam will be happy to be squad players as well us wont run of to Barca once they had a decent season.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:50 am

Suarez will be playing in the hole. He won't be playing as the main striker. He'll get more game-time at LFC than he will at Barca.

Buy-out clauses don't work for clubs outside of Spain by the way.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:12 am

ynwa wrote:Suarez will be playing in the hole. He won't be playing as the main striker. He'll get more game-time at LFC than he will at Barca.

Buy-out clauses don't work for clubs outside of Spain by the way.

But he wants regular first team football.Sure he would get more game time than Barca but too cant gaurentee him regular football like Barca

I meant Buy-back clause not buy-out clause.Misspelt it initially now edited it
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:36 pm

By William Watt
Published on Wednesday 29 June 2011 11:11

CHARLIE Adam has told Blackpool that Liverpool is the club he wants to join and another Scotland international could hold the key to the deal.

Seasiders skipper Adam has held talks with chairman Karl Oyston this week and The Gazette understands the 25-year-old expressed the wish to move to Anfield.

Pool are thought to be holding out for around £8m plus three players on a season-long loan.

And it could certainly speed up the deal if they could convince the Merseyside club to include defender Danny Wilson in the package.

Sources close to Liverpool suggest that Kenny Dalglish is prepared to loan out the centre-half or left-back for the coming season and that he could seal the Adam deal.

Nineteen-year-old Wilson has also been linked with a return to Rangers, from where he signed from Liverpool last summer in a move that could eventually be worth £5m.

Despite the fee, Wilson made only eight appearances for the Reds last season, including games in Europa League and Carling Cup. He broke into the senior Scotland side last season, winning his third cap as a team-mate of Adam in the friendly against Brazil in March.

Wilson’s fellow Liverpool defender Stephen Darby is another strongly linked with a loan move to the Seasiders as Kenny Dalglish’s club step up their quest to bring in Adam alongside midfield recruit Jordan Henderson.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:46 pm

i myself saw the article. . .who is dis guy?
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:01 pm

Fahim89 wrote:i myself saw the article. . .who is dis guy?

The writer?

The article is from Blackpool gazatte local Balckpool newspaper.Similar newspaper to our Echo
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:11 pm

When did we start getting linked with Adam. Surprised I heard nothing about it till now. :coffee:
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:36 pm

hmmm. . . .things not looking any brighter today . .Sad
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:32 pm

so, with Sunderland snapping Wickham, now we're stuck with Ngog then.. No

really it will be very hard to get rid of all the deadwoods if they arn't reasonnable about the wages demands.

but maybe in their situation we would do the same too lol: power of the money

nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:41 pm

Nishank wrote:Im a bit down right now..

1. Wickham
2. Jones
3. Young
4. Doni ..

Wickham: I'm sure we can find a better prospect for £18 million

Jones: Not sure he is any better than Wilson or Ayala

Young: He is quality, no doubt. But seems like he was set on ManU

Doni: I will take Dudek instead

But yes, it seems (to me) we have lost our way, some what.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:44 pm

Saying we missed out on them is suggesting we were going balls out to get them.

We were probably trying hard to sign Jones and Young but not so sure bout the other two.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:02 pm

iftikhar wrote:
Wickham: I'm sure we can find a better prospect for £18 million
why £18mil though, i dont follow you scratch . Wickham has been sold for 8mil+4 in add-ons.
(and if we didnt get him, imo its only because we thought it was already too much for the cover ST we are looking for)

Jones: Not sure he is any better than Wilson or Ayala
he is man. you can be sure about that.
Jones has such an obvious talent, it can only even take just a few games watched to see that.
(exactly like Smalling: those 2 are miles ahead of Wilson & Ayala (maybe im pushing a little lol,but thats how i see it). and MU & England are very lucky to have them)

nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:11 pm

Was disappointed missing out on Jones and young.But not really bothered about wickham.

Our first choice strikers are 22 and 23.He isnt going to replace them any time even if he fulfills the potential.We arent stupid to pay 13 mil for a striker who might become starter for us 10 years down the line.FFS Bojan went for the same price.I am sure we can find far better striker from European market.

He isnt good enough to be an impact sub now either.Signing him now would have been pointless.We need different type of striker.Also I dont think N'Gog staying will affect us signing a striker.

THB if we signed him it would have been said as what a waste of signing but now sunderland have signed him we have missed a massive opportunity.

We should only judge our transfer activity only after August 31st.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:08 pm

I think next season is going to be great for united, We need to spend wisely now. Manu have got all their targets below 20 million and young for just 12 million..

And a BBC analyst has revealed that United have booked two days in that hospital of thiers for medicals, He also reported the imminent signing of Sneijder..

We need to do something or i think the League is going their way again.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:49 pm

The Boss has spoken

John_W_Henry John W. Henry
Speculation on players shouldn't include those of a certain age. We are not going to be successful by merely filling short-term needs at LFC

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:59 pm

Sepi wrote:The Boss has spoken

Speculation on players shouldn't include those of a certain age. We are not going to be successful by merely filling short-term needs at LFC

what a boss.

also reading his others tweets right know and he seems to actually gives a f*ck about the club and transfers, he knows what hes talking about.
so with him as owner, really im sure when comes 1st september we will have made some very good business in this summer.

so keep faith.

Last edited by nj on Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:00 pm

Nishank wrote:I think next season is going to be great for united, We need to spend wisely now. Manu have got all their targets below 20 million and young for just 12 million..

And a BBC analyst has revealed that United have booked two days in that hospital of thiers for medicals, He also reported the imminent signing of Sneijder..

We need to do something or i think the League is going their way again.

We arent competing with United ATM.Our target is to get into the CL first and their's is to win CL.After getting into top 4 then we can concentrate competing with United on a level playing field.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:04 pm

Sepi wrote:The Boss has spoken

Not sure what he is hinting at.Is he saying we are concentrating on youngster arther than experienced players like Downing?

I am not taking pot shot at him but i genuinely confused a bit. scratch
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:15 pm

I don't think Downing is what he was referring to - Henry and NESV in general have no problem with experienced, established players, they'd just prefer to sign players that have yet to enter their prime, rather than people who will be present for only 1 or 2 years at the top of their game before passing their peak. I think it was more a generic response to some of the rumors out there rather than pointing the finger at any one transfer target, and it definitely wasn't in reference to Downing.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:20 pm

Really interestign that he made the tweet after all this Wickham stuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:56 pm

doesn't say much about what is going on . .but does feel good to hear from the boss . . & knowing we have one who has interest in things Very Happy
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next