The Madrid One
TalkingReckless
♠Ace
Albiceleste
Yuri Yukuv
38 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Steve Job dies. - Page 2 Empty Re: Steve Job dies.

Post by Zealous Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:27 am

For the record it was not me. (Me being the only guy with negative points in this tread I don't want people to think it was me)

Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:28 am

RIP Steve Jobs, am not really an Apple person but you will always be remembered. I was w8tn for the i-Cheap to come out but too bad you died early, you will always be remembered...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:38 am

One of the best speeches ever made.

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:39 am

155,000 people died today. Jobs is just one of them.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:47 am

Didnt he deny his first child from another relationship for a alot of years?
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:51 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:155,000 people died today. Jobs is just one of them.

So what?

Did those people make the same contribution Jobs made to the world ?

Jobs left his mark on our desks, on our ears & in our hands.

I wonder if you'd same the same if Messi dies tomorrow ....after all, 155,000 will die tomorrow as well Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:57 am

RIP to Mr. Jobs, no disrespect to him, but I have to agree with the idea behind this post.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:59 am

Sepi wrote:

So what?

I wonder if you'd same the same if Messi dies tomorrow ....after all, 155,000 will die tomorrow as well Rolling Eyes
Probably not lol, but I'll admit to never the kind of reverence that most people have for Jobs, I have never bought an apple product from them and that may have something to do with it.

My point is that I think too much is made of his death. Yes, he was a great businessman, a visionary some say, but like Zealous said he's no saint either. I mourn him as any of the other 155,000, but I really don't think we're worse off in any important way now than before.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:01 am

RIP to him

@Sepi, if we only weight his contribution in terms of material goods, then it's pointless. it means absolutely nothing.

I'm sure he was involved with charity and helped to make some lives better, for that you can say it was a loss, but everything Apple related is not very relevant. Those are luxuries we afford in life
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:05 am

Thank you Steve Jobs for creating my favourite gadget of all time- The Ipod. He was a genius and seemed like a great man.

Obama said something so true, that millions upon millions of people around the world received the news of his death via a technology he created.

R.I.P.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:09 am

How do you know?

And like Sepi said, Steve Jobs made a great contribution to this world. Touch screen technology, Ipods, Pixar, Mac computers are all his ideas. His death is a big deal in many respects.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:11 am

155,000 people die every day, on average.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:42 am

http://www.worldometers.info/ Over 88,00 people had died today. Not 100% accurate, obviously, but still a cool website.

Anyway, although I don't think I'll ever buy an Apple product, millions of other people have and will. That, alone, shows how great Steve Jobs made his company.

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:56 am

Lionel Messi wrote:RIP wow thats unexpected.

LOL.

Thats death dude, it never tells you "im coming" ..

RIP
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:57 am

Never owned an apple product and most likely never will

Never agreed with the way Jobs did things and had alot of shadey deals, slave labor etc. Widely known to be a big asshole too.

But good luck to him, he was a hugely successful businessman and got Apple to become one of the biggest companies in the world.

Although I predict in one to two years the company will nose dive considerably....

Back to top Go down

Post by shamr9pato Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:24 pm

MILAN - Gianni Nardi, born August 26th 1931, had died at the age of 80.

Vice-president of Milan from 1984, he was a key figure in keeping the club alive and in the hand-over to Silvio Berlusconi.

His passion and love for Milan was unrivalled.
Ciao Gianni.
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:37 pm

Sepi wrote:

So what?

:facepalm:
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:45 pm

VibeTribe wrote:
Sepi wrote:

So what?

:facepalm:
x2.

R.I.P. Steve. Although I haven't bought any Apple products I still admire the talent he had as a businessman.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:07 pm

Never liked Apple products and never will like Apple products.

But as a guy that is in the IT field and has had to learn about men like this, the way Steve Jobs took this industry by storm is the stuff of legend. He's been one of the most influential people in the last 30 years imo.

Love him or hate him for what he was when he was alive, but there's no hiding the fact that he has revolutionized the way we live our lives.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:52 pm

Sepi wrote:So what?

Technology is quite overrated, that's just my opinion. I think he was a great guy, but I'm on team Alfred. I'm an empathic guy, I just have trouble mourning over the death of people I wasn't close with.

Do you know if those people didn't make a contribution? My mother is a school aid, no big deal right? She is in love with her job and she tried to make a difference for the kids. She considers herself to be a "child whisperer" and many times will influence a childs life for the better.

Jobs was in very bad condition and now he can finally take his "break". This is what life is all about, we all come into this world knowing death is a guarantee.

What's go great about the ipod? It's a cool product, but what has it done to better the world. In a way, it really just makes us more ungrateful and where does it all end? People are always going to want more and more.

That being said, I wasn't his biggest fan and some of you probably know a lot more about him and his accomplishments. I might come off as cold in this post, I assure you that's not the point. I'm sure he did more than I'm aware of but that doesn't change the fact that the other people who passed away might have contributed just as much to this world.

McLewis wrote: Love him or hate him for what he was when he was alive, but there's no hiding the fact that he has revolutionized the way we live our lives.

For better or worse? It sometimes makes me sick when you see all these people "lost" in their phones. Was at a dinner for my store and I swear 8-10 people were on their phones. There was once a world where people lived without all of these things and they did just fine. How would some of you react if you had to give up your advanced technology for a month or so?

I'm really sorry if I come off sounding like a douche, I just wanted to put in my two cents.

R.I.P. Steve Jobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:56 pm

metinsk wrote:

LOL.

Thats death dude, it never tells you "im coming" ..

RIP

Pancreatic cancer was a pretty good hint.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:44 pm

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:
Sepi wrote:So what?

Technology is quite overrated, that's just my opinion. I think he was a great guy, but I'm on team Alfred. I'm an empathic guy, I just have trouble mourning over the death of people I wasn't close with.

Do you know if those people didn't make a contribution? My mother is a school aid, no big deal right? She is in love with her job and she tried to make a difference for the kids. She considers herself to be a "child whisperer" and many times will influence a childs life for the better.

Jobs was in very bad condition and now he can finally take his "break". This is what life is all about, we all come into this world knowing death is a guarantee.

What's go great about the ipod? It's a cool product, but what has it done to better the world. In a way, it really just makes us more ungrateful and where does it all end? People are always going to want more and more.

That being said, I wasn't his biggest fan and some of you probably know a lot more about him and his accomplishments. I might come off as cold in this post, I assure you that's not the point. I'm sure he did more than I'm aware of but that doesn't change the fact that the other people who passed away might have contributed just as much to this world.

McLewis wrote: Love him or hate him for what he was when he was alive, but there's no hiding the fact that he has revolutionized the way we live our lives.

For better or worse? It sometimes makes me sick when you see all these people "lost" in their phones. Was at a dinner for my store and I swear 8-10 people were on their phones. There was once a world where people lived without all of these things and they did just fine. How would some of you react if you had to give up your advanced technology for a month or so?

I'm really sorry if I come off sounding like a douche, I just wanted to put in my two cents.

R.I.P. Steve Jobs

So basically. You only get sad you lose a close relative or friend.

After all, those are the only people we really connect with and know.

Fair to say, I don't share the same thought.

If Kenny or Gerrard die tomorrow, I'd probably wear black for a good month...but that's just me.

Not sure how Alfred or You would react to possible death of Messi, or let's say for you, Maldini.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:04 pm

I would be fine if Maldini passed, not saying it wouldn't be sad. I wasn't as attached to him because I only started to support Milan 6-7 years ago. Also, I've never met the man and he hasn't done much to change my life. I've watched a few of his speeches and absolutely loved them, but they weren't really directed towards me.

Mourning- the expression of deep sorrow for someone who has died, typically involving following certain conventions such as wearing black clothes : she's still in mourning after the death of her husband.

Sadness and mourning are very different in my opinion. 4-6 years ago my cousin who lived in Brazil passed and I felt guilty for not crying. He wasn't a huge part of my live and months and years would pass without hearing from him, I'm sure that played a role in it all.

As a child, there were nights where I would cry at the thought of losing my mom. I would actually mourn if I lost a close GL member (god or whoever forbid) who I actually speak with on the regular.

If you haven't really impacted my life directly, I find it quite hard to mourn, especially when we all know death is inevitable.

(This post might be all over the place, didn't read over it)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:10 pm

I myself mourn the death of young people more harshly.

Jobs liven his life and he earns his rest.

Obama gave the best eulogy to the man.

Regardless of his shady tactics, Gates had as much and even more. The IT industry is a bitch.

One thing Apple did was provide competition to the market forcing the market to innovate. I own a Mac and would never think of buying another brand of lap tops. I own and I-Pod because I like music very much and I have over half of it full.

I agree w/ Tetra that the way people are so absorbed in technology is a little sad. I can't even talk or watch a movie with my sister because she would pause every two minutes to respond to someone in her Black Berry.

Regardless,

RIP jobs, you lived your life, and you were not ignored.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:13 pm

R.I.P. Steve Jobs

Nothing to be sorry about, man.

Since I work in the tech industry, I know first hand what you're talking about it. That's the reality of how our species evolves however. There was also once a world where the height of technology was a aqueduct that brought in fresh water and fueled public baths that were as popular as nightclubs are today.

We're a forever evolving species. The world you're referring to, while nostalgic, was never going to last unfortunately. It's just the way we are.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:20 pm

McLewis wrote:

R.I.P. Steve Jobs

Nothing to be sorry about, man.

Since I work in the tech industry, I know first hand what you're talking about it. That's the reality of how our species evolves however. There was also once a world where the height of technology was a aqueduct that brought in fresh water and fueled public baths that were as popular as nightclubs are today.

We're a forever evolving species. The world you're referring to, while nostalgic, was never going to last unfortunately. It's just the way we are.

In this case it is not the species that evolving, but rather the technology and age.

The scary thing is how fast it is getting, and how caught up some people are on it.
Getting caught up in the whole fad of buying is getting ridicilous. Also, the lack
of meaningful conversation rather the lack of physical conversation is what worries
me. We have meaningful conversations in this forum, but it is very difficult to have
such meaningful conversations by typing from your phone.

My 2 cents.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next