RealGunner
Swanhends
Magricos
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Mr Nick09
40 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Can Tottenham make it back to the CL? - Page 4 Empty Re: Can Tottenham make it back to the CL?

Post by Ganso Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:04 am

lets stop the hate,that is a really good team (at least on paper)

Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Can Tottenham make it back to the CL? - Page 4 Empty Re: Can Tottenham make it back to the CL?

Post by RedOranje Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:16 am

No, english_jewel, it's a guess.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:34 am

dnmac4 wrote:

First of all, we are not talking about 1st place or winning the champions league (don't even know why you went there but ok??)

so I don't even know why your bringing up Barcelona or Man United with Messi and Rooney.

Because they are the best players of United and Barca.U didnt even read the comment i was replying to (Which was to Lord Spencer) did u? :facepalm:

dnmac4 wrote:

Also, yes I would feel VERY VERY confident in United and Barca finishing in the top 4 in there leagues if they lost Messi or Rooney for a month or two actually I would bet my right arm on it. Liverpool, not so much.

So now the ambitions of United and Barca are not winning League and CL but just finishing in Top 4 just like Liverpool then?

dnmac4 wrote:

Also, I don't know if you are capable of reading a thread with out your Liverpool googles on but I talk about if Spurs can stay healthy they can finish fourth so it's only fair to include that if Liverpool lose there best offensive creator and scorer in Suarez for an extended amount of time then the race is so close they would lose out which is only logical to any non homer. And I did pick Pool to finish fourth BTW but again reading comprehension is hard for some on these forums when there foaming at the mouth for no reason.

Similarly if Messi is injured for an extended period of time Barca would struggle win the league.Do u see anyone including these sort of pointless scenarios and sy Barca arent favourites for the league?

I am not even bothering with ur reading abilitiessnipe after the childish remarks u made when debating about Arsenal.Its ur level unfortunately ur level when debating.

dnmac4 wrote:

As for your second point which is just idiotic, Spurs have actually had a harder schedule then you. And yes, tables are written in black and white especially since everyone plays the same schedule. You are what the table says you are

There is no bitching and complaining or excuse making when reading a table it says exactly what your team has achieved to date, PERIOD! IF you can't understand that then I feel sorry for you.

No they dont play the same schedule after 6 games of the season.Only time Table reflects exactly the achievements of the teams is after they have played 38 games.Basic football stuff really.Maybe its not me u have to feel sorry for perhaps to ur football knowledge.
dnmac4 wrote:

Every good coach in every sport will tell you, you are what your record says you are.
Really? Now if u find a single sensible coach saying that says points tables can reflect exactly what teams abilities and what they can achieve after just 6 games into the season.Just a link would do.

dnmac4 wrote:

Pool has played Arsenal, Stoke, and Spurs(who beat the tar out of them) while Spurs have played City, United, Pool, and Arsenal. Spurs played Stoke and United away so what your saying is sooooo misleading. But again it's a long race and I did pick Pool so stop crying and spouting nonsense because you look like you don't know what you're talking about.

U cant seriously even differentiate between Carling cup game and PL match.No its not that what i am saying is misleading its just that u are ignorant of facts.

If u believe playing away fixtures of United Wolves and Wigan is more tougher than Arsenal Tottenham Stoke and Everton please jog on.Its even pointless debating that point with u then.

dnmac4 wrote:

And if you look at Spurs form it's only natural to assume they will be tied or ahead of Pool when the games even out.

So u are now judging Spurs will finish ahead of Liverpool based on four games.Do u even know the form of Spurs in 2nd half of last season? If u judge every team based on 4 games then Real Betis are title contenders in La liga.

Jeez I am not even contending Spurs are top 4 contenders infact i was one of those in this forum who said even before the season started they are genuine contenders for top 4 spot when everyone underestimated them.But some of ur reasoning for them being contenders for top 4 spots is just usual nonsense and rubbish.

But why i am surprised with this from someone who said Yaya Toure is the best DM in PL last season.

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:39 am

W have had by far the hardest set of away fixtures in the league so far.

Arsenal, Stoke, Spurs, Everton.

United got 5 points from those 4 games last season.

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:44 am

buddytaller wrote:I tip Tottetenham to make the fourth spot, they've an excellent team, who on paper are better than their fourth spot rivals

Freidel
Walker - Dawson - King - Assou-Ekoto
Sandro - Parker
Van Der Vaart - Modric - Bale
Adebayor

Subs
Cudicini, Gomez, Lennon, Kaboul, Gallas, Pavluchenko, Giovanni Dos Santos, Huddlestone, Defoe, Pienaar and Niko Kranjcar.

This team beats Liverpool and Arsenal on paper. Plus, they made it to the CL just last season and fared excellently against the two Milan teams, they were eventually knocked out by Real, but they gave a good account of themselves.

Not really they are better than us on paper.Their midfield is overall undeniably better than us.But both our defence and strike force are better than Spurs imo.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:46 am

Why oh why do people get so sensitive about Spurs on this site...
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:23 pm

Oh hell yeah they can

Spurs for a CL spot! Smile
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:22 pm

Going strong there Spurs.

With the win on Aston Villa they will tie Newcastle in pts and be 4th in the league, while having one more game to play against everton.

They are prospected 3rd in the league trailing Utd by one point, with Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool in their rear view mirror.

:dance:
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:36 pm

bale :dance:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:42 pm

Worst week ever
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:44 pm

Thing is, this is as good as it gets for Spurs and mayb they are peaking at the wrong time. They don' hav another gear in them and don't rotate at all.

Can't see injury prone players like VDV, Parker and Bale staying fit all season. They collapsed in Feb last season...hoping for the same Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:47 pm

They will finish 6th
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:52 pm

We all love to have a joke at Spurs' expense, but they're definitely serious contenders for a top four spot.

It'll be interesting to see how they cope away to the other contenders. They look very good at home, but I wonder if their attacking tactics will work nearly as well at Anfield, Stamford Bridge or the Emirates.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:54 pm

Sepi wrote:Thing is, this is as good as it gets for Spurs and mayb they are peaking at the wrong time. They don' hav another gear in them and don't rotate at all.

Can't see injury prone players like VDV, Parker and Bale staying fit all season. They collapsed in Feb last season...hoping for the same Very Happy

They collapsed because they didnt have studs like Parker in the team.

With an added CF in the winter, they will stay strong.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:56 pm

RealGunner wrote:They will finish 6th

That means Arsenal will finish 7th then because right now, Spurs are a stronger team than Arsenal Smile

They will comfortably make the top 4 imo, right now they are the best team in London.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:00 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:
Sepi wrote:Thing is, this is as good as it gets for Spurs and mayb they are peaking at the wrong time. They don' hav another gear in them and don't rotate at all.

They collapsed because they didnt have studs like Parker in the team.

With an added CF in the winter, they will stay strong.

Parker will get injured by then.

You ar right about 2nd sentence though...

They sold Palacios and Crouch to Stoke for 18M, and replaced them with Parker and Ade for 6M.

Amazing deal. But Fulham battered them last week, so they aren't totally outstanding

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:01 pm

I'd eat my own shit if they finished outside the Top 6.

One of the reason I can't stand them is because of the collective media wankfest whenever they're playing well.

Newcastle have performed just as well as they have this season with a much weaker squad but they don't get anywhere as much praise as they do.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:10 pm

i guarantee you arsenal will be ahead of them... who wants to bet me? we always finish ahead of them, thats not going to change things can happen in January as well, its too early.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:14 pm

Gil wrote:I'd eat my own shit if they finished outside the Top 6.

One of the reason I can't stand them is because of the collective media wankfest whenever they're playing well.

Newcastle have performed just as well as they have this season with a much weaker squad but they don't get anywhere as much praise as they do.

LOL u meant to write that ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:14 pm

Gil wrote:I'd eat my own shit if they finished outside the Top 6.

Media hates us Gil i have come to accept it......

My attitude is let them hate and we will prove you wrong.....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:14 pm

Devil-Is-Red wrote:

That means Arsenal will finish 7th then because right now, Spurs are a stronger team than Arsenal Smile

They will comfortably make the top 4 imo, right now they are the best team in London.

Form is temp Wink
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:16 pm

We turned Ade into a great player.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:21 pm

Lol yeah, the cup of coffee he stopped off for in Madrid's done wonders for his form Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:23 pm

LOL

All tom foolery aside I think Ade's adventure in Madrid really helped him out. I mean he was coming in with a poor reputation about attitude and yet at Madrid he seemed to genuinely enjoy his football.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:29 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:

Form is temp Wink

That's true...but I just watched SS show Spurs' next 6 matches and only Chelsea at home is their biggest challenge( and I think they will beat Chelsea) and get maximum points.

Scott Parker and Adebayor have been excellent additions for them and they are playing better than I seem to remember them doing and are grinding out wins this season, that in previous seasons, would have lost or drawn.

They are looking really strong this season.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:53 pm

We made Adebayor a better player LOLOLOLOL.

He did win his only title with us though, and against the best team in the world. His dancing was the main highlight of his stay. Very Happy
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next