RealGunner
Swanhends
Magricos
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Mr Nick09
40 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Can Tottenham make it back to the CL? - Page 3 Empty Re: Can Tottenham make it back to the CL?

Post by Zealous Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:00 pm

Why not though?

I mean both Liverpool and Spuds are capable of going through extended bad spells.

It won't be easy but the second you consider it impossible it becomes so.

Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Can Tottenham make it back to the CL? - Page 3 Empty Re: Can Tottenham make it back to the CL?

Post by Essien_5 Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:06 pm

of course spurs can make top 4, they managed to keep their best player and get rid of dead wood and replace it (ade for crouch)...that fourth spot will be decided in the last 4-5 games in my opinion ..so anyone can grab it liverpool,newcastle,arsenal or spurs

Essien_5
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:11 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Zealous wrote:Ade will lead Spuds to the promised land :bow:

(Would much prefer Newcastle or Liverpool in there though.)

I am all for this Newcastle love but how realistic is this really?

I know we are unbeaten and been without 3 of our best players but lets be real 7th and deep runs in both of the cups would represent a fantastic season for us.
Sacrifice the cups for European football cheers

Rely on TOP4 to win the cups for european football cheers
Would Ashley pull an Udinese if he reaches CL or something?

CL = Moneys = Prestige = Better talents = Shiny beer containers

LOL @ Shiny beer containers........

Well it well known he is copying the arsenal model, so i would hope not and tbf to him( i cant believe iam doing this) no one would reject the money offered for Carroll, Nolan was sold due to his wage demands if with Cabaye we are much better off, Enrique was a steal at 6m but it was either accept it or goes for free( i know which one id rather)

The only sale he did which iam angry about is the Barton one, ok i understand wanting to get rid but atleast get a fee for him.....

So its a case of wait and see whether he will sell the whole side of the drop of a hat say he goes and sells Cabaye, Coloccini, Krul, Tiote and Ben Arfa in the summer then we know clearly where his intentions lie.....

@ Zealous

I am sure the players and the management will believe, but i for one dont, maybe if we are in and around the top 4 around March but for the moment my wish is top 7.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:46 pm

The Brazilians here are saying that they will sign Damiao in January
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:40 am

Few games before everyone underrated them and now everyone is overrating them .

Typical Knee jerking :coffee:

Both Liverpool and probably Arsenal too will finish ahead of them

Last edited by BeautifulGame on Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:03 am; edited 1 time in total
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:50 am

Liverpool will finish in the Top 4 along with Chelsea, Man Utd and City this season.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:34 pm

Any predicting who will finish 4th right now is basically talking out their arse.

Arsenal are not out of the race, despite what the "crisis-mode" media would love to be true, we're certainly capable of it so long as our squad gels, Spurs obviously have the first team for it, and with an extended run of good form and some added depth in January at least 3 others are capable of being there-abouts (No, Everton is not included in this, they simply do not have the cash for the added depth mentioned).
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:56 pm

They have made great signings like Parker and Adebayor, both players have quickly adapted. Their biggest problems last season was not having a quality striker to put away goals against smaller lower tier teams, hence why they drew a lot of games at home they should have won + good quality depth.

Their first 11 is better than Arsenal's and LFC's at the moment imo. With Ledley King back, plus effective wingers in their squad like Bale and Lennon + Modric looks to be finally settled after his drama in the summer and Adebayor has instantly hit the ground running. they are my favourites to clinch 4th place.

The question mark is, can they achieve 4th place if the get injuries to Ledley King or Adebayor? They will have to rely on a defence they had last season + the ineffective strikers that wasn't good enough to make it to the CL.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:29 am

I see people bringing up the table when talking about Spurs in 4th place, remember they do have a game in hand so they are sitting pretty right now for fourth.

I question if they can survive the injuries that are sure to come. If they can stay healthy there midfield is soooo underrated with Bale, Modric, Parker, and Van Der Vaart. You can put that up there with most teams in europe but again a lot of those players are injury prone, I also love Sandro and think he is wildly underrated as well.

I think it's Liverpool's to lose but if Suarez were to get injured for a month or two then they would be in big trouble. If I had to bet today I would choose Pool but I don't feel great about that pick.

And BTW, Spurs showed everyone in this window how to fix your team on the cheap with Ade and Parker. Great great pickups for very cheap like they did last year with Van Der Vaart. Some teams could learn a thing or two from Harry.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:37 am

I don't understand all the doubters, really spurs, gunners and liverpool can only get 4th. Looking at spurs team i reckon theyll have a good shot

Spurs- 40%
Pool- 35%
Arsenal- 25%

IMO
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:38 am

Arsenal don't have a hope in hell I'm afraid

Spurs have the best chance atm for 4th followed by Pool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:08 am

Funny how they were in the same boat as Arsenal at the start of the season facing a relegation battle. Rolling Eyes
They havn't vsed anyone hard so far, and they usually just die out after January...

Before someone mentions the 4-0, they needed to score 3 goals against 9 men who were exhausted. ._.

Gil wrote:Liverpool getting replacing quality with average players, they probably do have the best chance out of those 3.

LOL
What?

Poulsen quality? Joe Cole? Degen? Jova? PFK?
Aquilani wanted to play in Italy. RM was a good player, but he wasn't even that important to us. He couldn't get a game in the middle of the pitch for us. A disinterested Torres... Babel wasted his potential with all the rapping. He could of been our best winger, but ah well...

Devil-Is-Red wrote:They have made great signings like Parker and Adebayor, both players have quickly adapted. Their biggest problems last season was not having a quality striker to put away goals against smaller lower tier teams, hence why they drew a lot of games at home they should have won + good quality depth.

Adebayor isn't even that great of a finisher... VdV is way better and he's not even a striker.

Their first 11 is better than Arsenal's and LFC's at the moment imo. With Ledley King back, plus effective wingers in their squad like Bale and Lennon + Modric looks to be finally settled after his drama in the summer and Adebayor has instantly hit the ground running. they are my favourites to clinch 4th place.

LOL. Okay. Lennon effective. :facepalm:
He's not even in the first team anymore. He may have Walcott's pace, but he has a footballing brain as big as PFK.
Also, because they have a great starting XI compared to the others (I don't agree with that - but your opinion is your opinion) for NOW, does not mean that'll get them over the line come May...

The question mark is, can they achieve 4th place if the get injuries to Ledley King or Adebayor? They will have to rely on a defence they had last season + the ineffective strikers that wasn't good enough to make it to the CL.

If you don't have squad depth, and your competiting in Europe, your players are going to be dead by the end of the season. And that injury statement can go for any team in the league.

Answers in red...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:16 am

dnmac4 wrote:
I think it's Liverpool's to lose but if Suarez were to get injured for a month or two then they would be in big trouble. If I had to bet today I would choose Pool but I don't feel great about that pick.

Exaggeration at its best
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:09 am

ynwa wrote:Funny how they were in the same boat as Arsenal at the start of the season facing a relegation battle. Rolling Eyes
They havn't vsed anyone hard so far, and they usually just die out after January...

Their opening two matches were against United and City... Rolling Eyes

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:54 am

Devil-Is-Red wrote:
ynwa wrote:Funny how they were in the same boat as Arsenal at the start of the season facing a relegation battle. Rolling Eyes

Their opening two matches were against United and City... Rolling Eyes

I ment they havn't vsed anyone hard that they've beaten. Sorry. Should of been more specific.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:15 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:

Exaggeration at its best

I'm not sure what your getting at? Would you care to explain?
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:16 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:

Exaggeration at its best

I can't see how it is exaggeration, ANY team that loses it's star forward will be in big trouble.

Sorry, but I can't see these teams being the same after a long term injury to their star players:

Barca-Messi (they coped without Ineista but really struggled, I can't see them being as aeffective without their talisman)

Madrid-Ronaldo, Xabi Alonso.

Milan-Ibra, T.Silva.

Juve-Pirlo.

MUnited-Rooney.

City-(huge dpeth, but losing Aguero is bad in light of Tevez's current bitching)

Inter-(not sure whom to pick)

Napoli-Any of their front three trio.

Arsenal-Varmealan, Van Persie.

No, not an exaggeration at all, it is the exaggeration that you don't think Suarez is an important player enough for pool that a two month injury will not affect them the least.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:24 pm

Chelsea don't have a "star" player. Wink
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:40 pm

don't forgeet that Ledley King won't last long and they'll be back to Kabul-Bassong partnership in a couple of weeks Smile

Adebayor will stop caring soon (as he always does) and it will affect morale of Defoe as well.

Overall, they have a group of very talented players, but 90% of them have this fairweather attitude, which eventually haunts them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:58 am

Lord Spencer wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:
Exaggeration at its best

No, not an exaggeration at all, it is the exaggeration that you don't think Suarez is an important player enough for pool that a two month injury will not affect them the least.

He'll definitely be missed, but we can still manage without Suarez. If we could manage 6 months without Stevie, I'm pretty sure we could survive 2 months without Luis. Doesn't matter though, he's hardly ever injured. smoking
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:46 pm

ynwa wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:
Exaggeration at its best

He'll definitely be missed, but we can still manage without Suarez. If we could manage 6 months without Stevie, I'm pretty sure we could survive 2 months without Luis. Doesn't matter though, he's hardly ever injured. Can Tottenham make it back to the CL? - Page 3 51977822

I think the difference in Gerrard's nonavailability might have cost you at least one place in the table. If he was there you would have probably won a couple more matches.

That is what I am saying, it is not exaggeration that the absence of top talent affects the team's charges.

I personally think Suarez is the most effective player in Liverpool, and a two month injury and the lack of form associated with it will affect Liverpool and at least costs them a couple of points.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:57 am

Lord Spencer wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:

Exaggeration at its best

I can't see how it is exaggeration, ANY team that loses it's star forward will be in big trouble.

Sorry, but I can't see these teams being the same after a long term injury to their star players:

Barca-Messi (they coped without Ineista but really struggled, I can't see them being as aeffective without their talisman)

Milan-Ibra, T.Silva.

Juve-Pirlo.

MUnited-Rooney.

City-(huge dpeth, but losing Aguero is bad in light of Tevez's current bitching)

Thats exactly why i said that comment was exaggeration particularly considering Suarez isnt even injury prone.

What exactly is the point of saying Liverpool when its the same for every team.Would u say Barca arent clear favourites for CL this season because they will be in big trouble if they lose Messi.Or United arent favourites for PL title because they will be in big trouble if they lose Rooney? So why spin it like a negative for Liverpool when its the same for every other team?

This is often a point that is being said often for the sake of saying hence i said exaggeration.

As for the fourth spot if we are in the reckoning till january we will finish fourth.This is new team and needs time to gel.So we just need to keep up the pace till the teams starts clicking and once that happens we will comfortably pull ahead of Spurs in the 2nd half of the season like City did last year.
dnmac4 wrote:I see people bringing up the table when talking about Spurs in 4th place, remember they do have a game in hand so they are sitting pretty right now for fourth.

As for the points table we probably had the hardest fixture list of any team so far this.Only United who won the league last year more points( 14 pts ) from these same set of fixtures than we have done from the top 4 last year.Chelsea who finished 2nd got 7 pts , City got 9 pts and Arsenal who finished 4th got 10pts from the same set of fixtures last year.So to get 13 pts from these first 7 fixtures for a team that is still gelling is excellent return.

We have already visited away 4 of the hardest 7 away fixtures in the league season.United only won against Stoke( Where they already have only managed a draw this season ) , Arsenal only won against Everton whereas City and Chelsea didnt win a single match from these 4 away fixtures last season.

Points table are not simply in Black and white this early in the season.

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:00 pm

BeautifulGame wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:

Exaggeration at its best

Milan-Ibra, T.Silva.

Juve-Pirlo.

MUnited-Rooney.

Thats exactly why i said that comment was exaggeration particularly considering Suarez isnt even injury prone.

What exactly is the point of saying Liverpool when its the same for every team.Would u say Barca arent clear favourites for CL this season because they will be in big trouble if they lose Messi.Or United arent favourites for PL title because they will be in big trouble if they lose Rooney? So why spin it like a negative for Liverpool when its the same for every other team?

This is often a point that is being said often for the sake of saying hence i said exaggeration.

As for the fourth spot if we are in the reckoning till january we will finish fourth.This is new team and needs time to gel.So we just need to keep up the pace till the teams starts clicking and once that happens we will comfortably pull ahead of Spurs in the 2nd half of the season like City did last year.
dnmac4 wrote:I see people bringing up the table when talking about Spurs in 4th place, remember they do have a game in hand so they are sitting pretty right now for fourth.

As for the points table we probably had the hardest fixture list of any team so far this.Only United who won the league last year more points( 14 pts ) from these same set of fixtures than we have done from the top 4 last year.Chelsea who finished 2nd got 7 pts , City got 9 pts and Arsenal who finished 4th got 10pts from the same set of fixtures last year.So to get 13 pts from these first 7 fixtures for a team that is still gelling is excellent return.

We have already visited away 4 of the hardest 7 away fixtures in the league season.United only won against Stoke( Where they already have only managed a draw this season ) , Arsenal only won against Everton whereas City and Chelsea didnt win a single match from these 4 away fixtures last season.

Points table are not simply in Black and white this early in the season.

First of all, we are not talking about 1st place or winning the champions league (don't even know why you went there but ok??) so I don't even know why your bringing up Barcelona or Man United with Messi and Rooney. Also, yes I would feel VERY VERY confident in United and Barca finishing in the top 4 in there leagues if they lost Messi or Rooney for a month or two actually I would bet my right arm on it. Liverpool, not so much.

Also, I don't know if you are capable of reading a thread with out your Liverpool googles on but I talk about if Spurs can stay healthy they can finish fourth so it's only fair to include that if Liverpool lose there best offensive creator and scorer in Suarez for an extended amount of time then the race is so close they would lose out which is only logical to any non homer. And I did pick Pool to finish fourth BTW but again reading comprehension is hard for some on these forums when there foaming at the mouth for no reason.

As for your second point which is just idiotic, Spurs have actually had a harder schedule then you. And yes, tables are written in black and white especially since everyone plays the same schedule. You are what the table says you are. There is no bitching and complaining or excuse making when reading a table it says exactly what your team has achieved to date, PERIOD! IF you can't understand that then I feel sorry for you. Every good coach in every sport will tell you, you are what your record says you are. Pool has played Arsenal, Stoke, and Spurs(who beat the tar out of them) while Spurs have played City, United, Pool, and Arsenal. Spurs played Stoke and United away so what your saying is sooooo misleading. And if you look at Spurs form it's only natural to assume they will be tied or ahead of Pool when the games even out. But again it's a long race and I did pick Pool so stop crying and spouting nonsense because you look like you don't know what you're talking about.

Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:02 pm

RedOranje wrote:Any predicting who will finish 4th right now is basically talking out their arse.

That's exactly what it is. A prediction.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:02 am

I tip Tottetenham to make the fourth spot, they've an excellent team, who on paper are better than their fourth spot rivals

Freidel
Walker - Dawson - King - Assou-Ekoto
Sandro - Parker
Van Der Vaart - Modric - Bale
Adebayor

Subs
Cudicini, Gomez, Lennon, Kaboul, Gallas, Pavluchenko, Giovanni Dos Santos, Huddlestone, Defoe, Pienaar and Niko Kranjcar.

This team beats Liverpool and Arsenal on paper. Plus, they made it to the CL just last season and fared excellently against the two Milan teams, they were eventually knocked out by Real, but they gave a good account of themselves.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:04 am

lets stop the hate,that is a really good team (at least on paper)
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next