Look Beyond the Result. Beyond the Present.

+11
cyberman
Wilson37
izzy
Eman
OLpower
Raptorgunner
djoe26
lenear1030
Jay29
TheBlueArmy
Arquitecto
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Look Beyond the Result. Beyond the Present.  Empty Look Beyond the Result. Beyond the Present.

Post by Arquitecto Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:23 pm

Arsenal comes in from a winter where they have reinforced their squad with players who are held in solid regard internationally. Their 1-0 win over Swansea was a mixed bag but showed character and solidity despite it being uncharacteristically disjointed in the general play aspect. Then came the intimidating prospect of facing Borussia Dortmund at the 80,000 packed Signal Iduna Park and who are fresh off being crowned the German champions. The result? Borrusia played better yet Arsenal scored under the considerable circumstances of pressure in between while Dortmund needed a wonder goal to see them through with a 1-1 draw. Arsenal showed superb character in that match nonetheless and held their own after low confidence and form.
Now let’s talk about today’s match where the gooners are currently in the GS section battling a battle which will go nowhere due to the poor intellectual standards of most of the knee-jerking, time-wasting, petty and self loathing individuals who jump at the chance of attacking the most venerable and injured prey.
Fact is, none of them, if not any of them actually bothered to watch the game itself. That’s normality nowadays.
Now bear with me, I know you might be thinking: "Oh here is Arquitecto with his unrealistic posts of bringing a positive light to every aspects" or "super idiot Arq with another attempt to cover the mistakes".
But the fact is, the only bad thing about this match was the points lost.
Arsenal started with an absolute storm against Blackburn with slick, incisive passing, fluid midfield connection with the front, and brimming with confidence.
Arsenal looked like Arsenal again.
Gervinho made the brilliant run against Blackburn and completely caught the defense on a blindside with his cheeky shot that looked like a goal only when it went in. Brilliant goal and brilliant through ball by Song Bilong.
Blackburn goal? I'll start.
1st Blackburn Goal: Simply a goal in which was a routine play to neutralize the threat but Santos simply played them offside as these mistakes are common with players who are low on match fitness and are playing their first game in a completely different team with a different philosophy and league.
This was an individual mistake as it’s an example of how I will bring miscommunication and individual mistakes as the cause of this game.
It did not involve the team exposing outwitting the Arsenal defense's like before but individual mistakes simply mean the individual who has committed the mistake will have his head straightened in training.
I could also say Szczesny seemed really eager to come off his line today like Casillas with his occasional suicidal runs as the goal is partially at fault for him as well. Luckily, we know Szczesny's quality to bounce back.
Arsenal came back with a slick passing play in which Arteta calmly strode into the box to finish off the goal laced out to him and showed his composure with the ball.
Then came in a massive blunder by Gervinho who looked confident off his debut goal and missed an open chance to pass to RVP to score. This goal would have been crucial.

And then Blackburn score with a free kick literally touching the post in which another individual mistake as Song was under pressure by Samba (who seems to really trouble Arsenal) and went in own goal. Uncharacteristic by Song yet not the defenses fault. One man’s fault.
3rd goal? OFFSIDE. Nothing else. EPL refereeing is the worst officiating out of the top 5 leagues.
More bad luck as Sagna is injured and Djourou who is a pure CB would move in for his absence.
4th goal was Djourou's fault as his daft challenge was reminiscent of Yepes' challenge against Lennon vs Milan that lead to the goal.
It’s understandable considering he is unfamiliar in the FB position but the run lead a momentum which had to be unfairly put on Koscielny, who was unfortunate to have the blame with an own goal which was really misleading rather then being a blunder as you would have to have the touch of Rivera to subdue the oncoming force of the ball onto his foot. He could have done better, but understand the bad luck of Sagna coming off an then putting a man with no FB experience to cover the position. Another individual mistake.
At this point, you would expect Arsenal to throw in the towel, to have the wind knocked out of them, to crumble and complain.
They didn’t.
From the goal onwards Arsenal were involved in playing against an alarmingly defensive Blackburn yet still managed to create chances as Chamakh displayed his world class heading show Arsenal still had fight in them and then a missed chance by Mertesacker as this was another open chance (although hard to score that header in such velocity). Along with Walcott's impact of pace and crossing only to be squandered by indecisiveness. Blackburn fought tooth and nail to keep them at bay. And thats that for the summary.
Notes on players and tactics:
-I feel Arteta was great today. Some criticize him and Ramsey for not providing that final ball but you have to understand that is very difficult considering Mikel was in a very deep position and instructed to be a defensive fulcrum as well. Final balls wasn't in his job as this was to distribute, open space and playmake which he did solidly.

So why didn't he advance? Here is my criticism of Song which is probably heard all to many times by you. Song ventured forward all to many times and left the midfield open to counter-attack and space as Arteta many times had to compensate and stay deep to cover his position as some of his defensive work was impressive as well. Song was great offensively, but NEEDS to know his position!
This brings up another point; although Arteta can play as DLP, I feel its better if he plays his Everton role of AM/TQ as Ramsey should play deeper while Arteta can use his sharp and incisive passing along with his close-control of the ball and impressive goal scoring ability. This will allow Wenger to fully exploit his talents. Must be done as I know Arteta here better then all.

RVP? He needs rest as he was solid in dropping deep to distribute but his fatigue was evident with some uncharacteristic decisions in front of goal and didn't look to sharp. Needs to rest.
Santos was relatively poor in both offense and defense but this is understandable considering this is his debut. He did show flashes of brilliance. Needs to train hard to integrate himself.
Gervinho looked great with his dribbling and powerful shots as his final ball was more accurate, but needs more vision and decision making in the box.

Arshavin was superb today and looks to be in form.
Mertesacker was exposed for pace but wasn't given enough confidence by his fellow peers and cannot be blamed.
Walcott showed his prowess as an impact sub as his decision making and technique looks to be improving well.

I seemed to have pointed a lot of criticism above but I'm not going to say everything was perfect as some points need fine-tuning and mistakes should be lambasted.

But here my real point:

-Arsenal were facing against Blackburn who were sick of their results and faced a team with one hell of a chip on their shoulder as these valiant defensive performances are common from a team under scrutiny and especially from a manager who is on the verge of being sacked. I can give examples a plenty. Arsenal simply were caught in between.

-When your team's form and confidence is shattered by recent results and pressure, and show the attacking character they did after being 2 goals down, it shows the mentality Wenger has instilled in players as realize if the individual blunders was the cause of this loss. It sounds obvious, but think about this statement deeply.
-New signings= New challenge to instill chemistry and cohesion as its common to find little chemistry and miscommunication in areas as especially in defense. Realize this.
-Zonal Marking is a change and will work IMO but it must be realized that it takes time to adapt to and take into effect as the team isn't to used to this system. Give this new prospect time and it will work.
-Once again, if your defense is outplayed and outwitted, this is something to worry about as then things look bleak, but the fact is individual mistakes are only an indication of poor discipline and lack of sharpness as the 2 factors named are very easy to fix.
-Arsenal looked superb in attack. I don't need to tell you this.
-Own goal... Imagine if is wasn't. Arsenal would attack and create even further. Thats a given.
-The chances created. Oh chances created Sad as ruthlessness needs to improve. But that doesn't mean it hasn't improved.

-You looked really good in attack against a very physical team. Arsenal's Achilles heel.

The scoreline and the cause of it is highly misleading as Arsenal showed character under pressure and clutch ability that was missing the past seasons as mentality has improved tenfolds this season. I can give you countless examples. Aside from iffy defense, this really was the missing link.
Bad luck is rarely a term used by me, but when it comes to this, bad luck defines this game.

So hold you head high boys, don't listen to posters with who seem to have downs syndrome and the attention span of a 2 year old. Ignore all what is not worth responding to.
I don't make stupid predictions, but Arsenal WILL come back stronger from this as I predict a top 4 finish. Mark my words.
Think above and beyond gooners. God bless.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Look Beyond the Result. Beyond the Present.  Empty Re: Look Beyond the Result. Beyond the Present.

Post by TheBlueArmy Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:46 pm

I'm really not trying to troll here, but the result IS as bad as it seems. I don't see any chance of Arsenal winning the EPL this season at all. Only 5 games in the season and way too many dropped points..
TheBlueArmy
TheBlueArmy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Look Beyond the Result. Beyond the Present.  Empty Re: Look Beyond the Result. Beyond the Present.

Post by Jay29 Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:59 pm

Now let’s talk about today’s match where the gooners are currently in the GS section battling a battle which will go nowhere due to the poor intellectual standards of most of the knee-jerking, time-wasting, petty and self loathing individuals who jump at the chance of attacking the most venerable and injured prey.
Fact is, none of them, if not any of them actually bothered to watch the game itself. That’s normality nowadays.

Too true. I could not believe some of the dross I was reading, though I suppose I should have known better with this forum.

1st Blackburn Goal: Simply a goal in which was a routine play to neutralize the threat but Santos simply played them offside as these mistakes are common with players who are low on match fitness and are playing their first game in a completely different team with a different philosophy and league.
This was an individual mistake as it’s an example of how I will bring miscommunication and individual mistakes as the cause of this game.

Agreed. I also think Hoillet could have been closed down quicker.

And then Blackburn score with a free kick literally touching the post in which another individual mistake as Song was under pressure by Samba (who seems to really trouble Arsenal) and went in own goal. Uncharacteristic by Song yet not the defenses fault. One man’s fault.

I don't quite agree with this. I think van Persie wins the initial header then there's no problem, but because he failed to do so it put his defence under pressure. I'm not sure how much Song could have done, and I'm sure on another day Szczesny saves the deflection or it goes out for a corner.

3rd goal? OFFSIDE. Nothing else. EPL refereeing is the worst officiating out of the top 5 leagues.

Made even worse when the linesman in standing in line with Yakubu.

4th goal was Djourou's fault as his daft challenge was reminiscent of Yepes' challenge against Lennon vs Milan that lead to the goal.
It’s understandable considering he is unfamiliar in the FB position but the run lead a momentum which had to be unfairly put on Koscielny, who was unfortunate to have the blame with an own goal which was really misleading rather then being a blunder as you would have to have the touch of Rivera to subdue the oncoming force of the ball onto his foot. He could have done better, but understand the bad luck of Sagna coming off an then putting a man with no FB experience to cover the position. Another individual mistake.

I do not think it's understandable for Djourou to dive in. He had to come across to the other side of the pitch since he was the last man, but his decsion to dive in was a poor one. All he had to do was hold him up and give his team mates time to get back and set themselves.

For me, that's just a poor decision that had little to do with him playing out of position when he came on.

-Arsenal were facing against Blackburn who were sick of their results and faced a team with one hell of a chip on their shoulder as these valiant defensive performances are common from a team under scrutiny and especially from a manager who is on the verge of being sacked. I can give examples a plenty. Arsenal simply were caught in between.

But aren't we under similar pressure? We've started the season poorly, we haven't been playing particularly well and just like how Blackburn were pumped and determined to get a result, we should have been determined to see the result out.

-New signings= New challenge to instill chemistry and cohesion as its common to find little chemistry and miscommunication in areas as especially in defense. Realize this.

I agree with this, though I think we only conceded one goal due to not having a settled team.

I don't make stupid predictions, but Arsenal WILL come back stronger from this as I predict a top 4 finish. Mark my words.

I'm not going to write us off completely but at this point it's hard for me to have the same optimism. Knowing this team, our next game will be a good defensive display but a poor offensive one. Of course if we win then I won't complain that much.

I'm really not trying to troll here, but the result IS as bad as it seems. I don't see any chance of Arsenal winning the EPL this season at all. Only 5 games in the season and way too many dropped points..

The result is bad, but the thing about us winning the Premier League is irrelevant because not a single person, not even the most die hard Arsenal supporter, thought we could win the title this year.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:07 pm

TheBlueArmy wrote:I'm really not trying to troll here, but the result IS as bad as it seems. I don't see any chance of Arsenal winning the EPL this season at all. Only 5 games in the season and way too many dropped points..

dont take it as a troll at all. we lack focus, discipline, and make too many inexecusable mistakes to even contend for a title let alone win one.

i'd be shocked if we made the Top 4.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:12 pm

lenear1030 wrote:
TheBlueArmy wrote:I'm really not trying to troll here, but the result IS as bad as it seems. I don't see any chance of Arsenal winning the EPL this season at all. Only 5 games in the season and way too many dropped points..

dont take it as a troll at all. we lack focus, discipline, and make too many inexecusable mistakes to even contend for a title let alone win one.

i'd be shocked if we made the Top 4.
Thumbs up

djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:15 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Arsenal comes in from a winter where they have reinforced their squad with players who are held in solid regard internationally. Their 1-0 win over Swansea was a mixed bag but showed character and solidity despite it being uncharacteristically disjointed in the general play aspect. Then came the intimidating prospect of facing Borussia Dortmund at the 80,000 packed Signal Iduna Park and who are fresh off being crowned the German champions. The result? Borrusia played better yet Arsenal scored under the considerable circumstances of pressure in between while Dortmund needed a wonder goal to see them through with a 1-1 draw. Arsenal showed superb character in that match nonetheless and held their own after low confidence and form.
Now bear with me, I know you might be thinking: "Oh here is Arquitecto with his unrealistic posts of bringing a positive light to every aspects" or "super idiot Arq with another attempt to cover the mistakes".
But the fact is, the only bad thing about this match was the points lost.
Arsenal started with an absolute storm against Blackburn with slick, incisive passing, fluid midfield connection with the front, and brimming with confidence.
Arsenal looked like Arsenal again.
Gervinho made the brilliant run against Blackburn and completely caught the defense on a blindside with his cheeky shot that looked like a goal only when it went in. Brilliant goal and brilliant through ball by Song Bilong.
Blackburn goal? I'll start.
It did not involve the team exposing outwitting the Arsenal defense's like before but individual mistakes simply mean the individual who has committed the mistake will have his head straightened in training.
I could also say Szczesny seemed really eager to come off his line today like Casillas with his occasional suicidal runs as the goal is partially at fault for him as well. Luckily, we know Szczesny's quality to bounce back.
Arsenal came back with a slick passing play in which Arteta calmly strode into the box to finish off the goal laced out to him and showed his composure with the ball.
Then came in a massive blunder by Gervinho who looked confident off his debut goal and missed an open chance to pass to RVP to score. This goal would have been crucial.

More bad luck as Sagna is injured and Djourou who is a pure CB would move in for his absence.
At this point, you would expect Arsenal to throw in the towel, to have the wind knocked out of them, to crumble and complain.
They didn’t.
From the goal onwards Arsenal were involved in playing against an alarmingly defensive Blackburn yet still managed to create chances as Chamakh displayed his world class heading show Arsenal still had fight in them and then a missed chance by Mertesacker as this was another open chance (although hard to score that header in such velocity). Along with Walcott's impact of pace and crossing only to be squandered by indecisiveness. Blackburn fought tooth and nail to keep them at bay. And thats that for the summary.
Notes on players and tactics:
-I feel Arteta was great today. Some criticize him and Ramsey for not providing that final ball but you have to understand that is very difficult considering Mikel was in a very deep position and instructed to be a defensive fulcrum as well. Final balls wasn't in his job as this was to distribute, open space and playmake which he did solidly.

So why didn't he advance? Here is my criticism of Song which is probably heard all to many times by you. Song ventured forward all to many times and left the midfield open to counter-attack and space as Arteta many times had to compensate and stay deep to cover his position as some of his defensive work was impressive as well. Song was great offensively, but NEEDS to know his position!
This brings up another point; although Arteta can play as DLP, I feel its better if he plays his Everton role of AM/TQ as Ramsey should play deeper while Arteta can use his sharp and incisive passing along with his close-control of the ball and impressive goal scoring ability. This will allow Wenger to fully exploit his talents. Must be done as I know Arteta here better then all.

RVP? He needs rest as he was solid in dropping deep to distribute but his fatigue was evident with some uncharacteristic decisions in front of goal and didn't look to sharp. Needs to rest.
Santos was relatively poor in both offense and defense but this is understandable considering this is his debut. He did show flashes of brilliance. Needs to train hard to integrate himself.
Gervinho looked great with his dribbling and powerful shots as his final ball was more accurate, but needs more vision and decision making in the box.

Arshavin was superb today and looks to be in form.
Mertesacker was exposed for pace but wasn't given enough confidence by his fellow peers and cannot be blamed.
Walcott showed his prowess as an impact sub as his decision making and technique looks to be improving well.

I seemed to have pointed a lot of criticism above but I'm not going to say everything was perfect as some points need fine-tuning and mistakes should be lambasted.

But here my real point:

-When your team's form and confidence is shattered by recent results and pressure, and show the attacking character they did after being 2 goals down, it shows the mentality Wenger has instilled in players as realize if the individual blunders was the cause of this loss. It sounds obvious, but think about this statement deeply.
-Zonal Marking is a change and will work IMO but it must be realized that it takes time to adapt to and take into effect as the team isn't to used to this system. Give this new prospect time and it will work.
-Once again, if your defense is outplayed and outwitted, this is something to worry about as then things look bleak, but the fact is individual mistakes are only an indication of poor discipline and lack of sharpness as the 2 factors named are very easy to fix.
-Arsenal looked superb in attack. I don't need to tell you this.
-Own goal... Imagine if is wasn't. Arsenal would attack and create even further. Thats a given.
-The chances created. Oh chances created Sad as ruthlessness needs to improve. But that doesn't mean it hasn't improved.

-You looked really good in attack against a very physical team. Arsenal's Achilles heel.

The scoreline and the cause of it is highly misleading as Arsenal showed character under pressure and clutch ability that was missing the past seasons as mentality has improved tenfolds this season. I can give you countless examples. Aside from iffy defense, this really was the missing link.
Bad luck is rarely a term used by me, but when it comes to this, bad luck defines this game.

So hold you head high boys, don't listen to posters with who seem to have downs syndrome and the attention span of a 2 year old. Ignore all what is not worth responding to.
Think above and beyond gooners. God bless.

Some very good points there, nothing is going right for us, we are down, but I still have faith that this team will pick it up and get back to the top 4. This team needs more playing time together and I believe we still can do some damage. There is no way you can beat a team with luck on their side and our players making mistakes.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:24 pm

Why a Liverpool fan would post such an absurdly long damage post for Arsenal? Seriously?

This whole post make no sense at all.

All Arsenal fans should be VERY worried by this ABYSSAL result and there are no positive in it. If they are not pissed at 100% they are not Arsenal fans.

People fans of other teams should seriously stop these posts. They are baseless.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:31 pm

All Arsenal fans should be VERY worried by this ABYSSAL result and there are no positive in it. If they are not pissed at 100% they are not Arsenal fans.

So not predicting doom and gloom, seeing some good in an otherwise bad performance and actually hoping for the best means that I'm not an Arsenal fan?

Huh. News to me.

You don't need to be frothing at the mouth and spewing rage everywhere to be considered a fan.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:45 pm

^^ I'm with Jay.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:49 pm

I watched the whole game and the 1st half was classic Arsenal. Quick passing, rapid interchaging, chance creation and fantastic ball retention.

2nd half? I have no idea what happened. I mean really NO IDEA.

Any updates on Sagna and what injury forced him off?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:07 pm

I am really happy with the our attack today... Almost everyone rose to the standards...
But the frustration is when these defensive lapses, selfgoals and setpiece problems keep on occuring and that extra bit of luck never comes on our side... How many times have we seen us scoring an offside goal..?
Still i believe the game had more positives... After seeing todays performance i think our attack is more capable than rated..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:08 pm

OLpower wrote:Why a Liverpool fan would post such an absurdly long damage post for Arsenal? Seriously?

People fans of other teams should seriously stop these posts. They are baseless.

Wow, never have I lost so much respect for a poster because of one ignorant post. I thought the post was brilliant, it was obviously written by someone who knows what they're talking about. I much prefer a post like this from someone who actually watched the game, as opposed to a troll who just saw the result and decides to post absolute nonsense.

Back on topic....

Me and Ali were actually talking about Arteta being given a more advanced roll. I know he is capable of playing all over the place but honestly think Arsenal would be better off with him as a AM.

I wasn't able to catch the full game, but I did manage to watch most of the second half. It doesn't matter how die hard a fan you are, teams are going to have rebuilding seasons. Who are you to tell anybody how much of a fan they are?

I remember following Milan the year we finished 5th place. We had a shot at fourth but Fiorentina won their game with a wonderful finish.

This season is going to be long and quite difficult, but honestly I agree with Arq about Arsenal finishing in the top 4. They are implementing so many new players and it will take some time. But it honestly could be worse and I think all Arsenal fans should hold their heads up high.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:29 pm

Yes.. I was also saying about Arteta and Ramsey reversing their roles.. I want to see Arteta playing in a more advanced role..
But thats Ramseys position too.. He wont be at his best in a deeper role..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:34 pm

Sometimes you just have to suck it up and deal with it. Arsenal have gone through periods of twenty years or over without a league title, and very long periods without a trophy. It's impossible for a club to be blessed with a team capable of winning things every single season.

A lot of fans here are young and haven't experienced bad times when supporting Arsenal. Granted, I haven't experienced that either but I have my methods of coping i.e. I just don't take things so seriously. It's football. Teams lose and have dark years all the time.

Anyway, on Arteta: I think part of the reason why he's playing in a deeper role is because of his discipline defensively, which is something Ramsey doesn't have. Ramsey may have a good engine and cover a lot of ground, but Arteta is superior tactically; he holds his position better, he tracks runs, etc.

When Wilshere comes back, we may see Arteta further forward.

Last edited by GoonerJay29 on Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:47 pm

I totally agree with Jay... I am just a fan of 3 years.. And have only heard stories of Arsenals heroics in the past..
With success comes expectations...
& with expectations comes pressure...
& Carrying the burden of expectations is not an easy thing... And the team is under immense pressure in each match... And again the f**ing media.. So fans just need to have a calm head..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:59 pm

nonsense

this is what happens when you dont deal with the inevitable nasri and cesc moves 1 week after the freaking season starts.
this is what happens when you dont buy experience, this is what happens when you dont address the goalie problem until it doesnt matter anymore.

this is what happens when you panic buy before the window closes. this is what happens when you have no depth to your squad

arsenal arent moving forward..ffs they were title challengers last christmas.
this is a steady decline.

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:01 pm

Talking about the goalie situation? When De Gea looks as stable as a game of Jenga?

That's laughable
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:29 pm

Great great post Arq, I really love it when I see great posters like you and OLpower (despite me not agreeing with his post), Dominic (THC), Izzy, and Sportczy posting here.

Also, some might say I'm the most optimistic poster in the section, but the general lack of belief in the section, the hate in the general section, and the bad results recently have given me a real pain, I'm really going in fits of rage after every game, punching the wall till my knuckles turn blue, breaking random shit! Only after by like 1-2 hours can I really see the positives.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:11 pm

[quote="Lex"]Talking about the goalie situation? When De Gea looks as stable as a game of Jenga?

That's laughable [/quote]
yeah, judge De Gea on 2 games. In no way has he impressed at all in his young career..

obv crap keeper is obv

oh and whooooooooooosh

point is, you could have the greatest keeper in history at arsenal and right now it wouldnt mean 5hit.
wenger solved that problem far too late

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:49 pm

cyberman wrote:
Lex wrote:Talking about the goalie situation? When De Gea looks as stable as a game of Jenga?

That's laughable
yeah, judge De Gea on 2 games. In no way has he impressed at all in his young career..

obv crap keeper is obv

oh and whooooooooooosh

point is, you could have the greatest keeper in history at arsenal and right now it wouldnt mean 5hit.
wenger solved that problem far too late

Yeah, because if you didn't solve a problem "early enough" it's not worth fixing.
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:14 am

OLpower wrote:Why a Liverpool fan would post such an absurdly long damage post for Arsenal? Seriously?

You know what?
Your whole post makes no sense at all.
I'm an Arsenal fan, and I'm VERY worried by your ABYSMAL spelling and grammar, and there are no positives in it. And no, I'm not pissed at 100%. And last time I checked, I'm still an Arsenal fan.

What are you even doing in our forums if all you're doing is trolling?

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:53 am

I hate how people come to our section trying to tell us how to feel, seriously, who are you to tell us that we should always look negatively at our club.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:57 am

Besides Arquitecto of course

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:59 am

[quote="ali8775"][quote="cyberman"][quote="Lex"]Talking about the goalie situation? When De Gea looks as stable as a game of Jenga?

That's laughable [/quote]

obv crap keeper is obv

oh and whooooooooooosh

wenger solved that problem far too late[/quote]

Yeah, because if you didn't solve a problem "early enough" it's not worth fixing.[/quote]

well...yes
would you have played worse in the league with almunia in right now? and would you have come closer to winning it with chesney type player in goal over the last 6 years?

its like a middle aged woman putting off getting her nose done... then doing it when shes old, winkled and over weight
you waited too long

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:06 am

The difference between that analogy and Arsenal, is very plainly, Arsenal can still turn middle-aged again.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next