BarrileteCosmico
dostoevsky
El Chelsea Fuerte
Ganso
cyberman
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Barca and their CBs... Empty Barca and their CBs...

Post by cyberman Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:02 am

Is there any talk of strengthening come Jan?

For the first 15 mins their midfield were a bit off so the defence actually had a bit of work to do, and they were all at sea. Their defensive line was a shambles. They might wheel out Puyol for a quick fix but that option is getting old very quickly.
Pique will solve most problems but hes not a leader. If they want to go with extreme total football then so be it, but it will cost them in the long run
Im not talking about a Vidic, buy a Jones or a Smalling. Integrate them in... while they know theyre the future, theyll be happy to bide their time and not cause trouble

With Barcas midfield variety, I see a lot of changes to give their players playing time which effects the way the defence is covered.

If tonight happened in KO rounds with Ibra playing coupled with Barcas horrible away record, it wouldve been a disaster

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Barca and their CBs... Empty Re: Barca and their CBs...

Post by Ganso Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:05 am

i think this is the 3rd consecutive cyber thread in which Smalling and jones are involved....
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:07 am

Ganso wrote:i think this is the 3rd consecutive cyber thread in which Smalling and jones are involved....

WHO??

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:14 am

Well he does have a point, the ability to integrate not simply a new player but potentially a new partnership whilst maintaining such a strong and proven partnership is unbelievable on United's part, however not every team needs to do that given the respective ages of their current partnership. As it currently stands Barcelona only realistically need a single centre-back given the position of Puyol, however it's one that must be addressed.

The transfer rumours died off early in August and I haven't heard of any new developments in preparation for January, however they may start soon. Botia and Vertonghen were discussed before the close of the transfer window, however not seriously. If a new option is being chased however, we'll know about it from Khaled.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:18 am

Basically, no. From Guardiola's perspective Barca are fine because as far as CB options we have

1. Puyol
2. Pique
3. Abidal
4. Mascherano
5. Fontas/cantera

The problem is that when we have injuries in various positions, and most of the reserve players are not natural CBs, the depth gets exposed in spite of having plenty of players who can play the CB role.

Either way Guardiola generally prefers small groups because he finds that it is easier to motivate everyone this way, as well as keeping a closer relationship between the players. So for this reason I don't think Guardiola will likely buy a CB in January.

cyberman wrote:If tonight happened in KO rounds with Ibra playing coupled with Barcas horrible away record, it wouldve been a disaster
Chances are that if Ibra would have been playing, the speed of the counter would decrease as he generally slows down the team, and Busquet's speed would not have been as exposed as today.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:22 am

Someone like Cahill would be great at Barca.
Hes motivated, not quick but not slow, physical while good on the ball. Plus hes 1 year left and will be cheap and isnt cup tied in Jan.

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:31 am

cyberman wrote:Someone like Cahill would be great at Barca.
Hes motivated, not quick but not slow, physical while good on the ball. Plus hes 1 year left and will be cheap and isnt cup tied in Jan.

Cahill couldn't cope with pressure of FA Cup Semi and got owned by Jonathan Walters....can't see him handling the pressure of Barcelona tbh

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:34 am

Guardiola has the luxury of playing without typical CBs.

He has done his homework with midfielders.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:40 am

Barcelona shouldn't rush into a cheap or quick fix option, however the Chygrynskiy transfer has made them very wary about investing too much into someone they are unsure will adapt to Barcelona. It wouldn't excuse wasting funds on someone who can't realistically be a partner of Pique for years to come.

In before someone suggests that it's possible Thiago Silva will leave Milan.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:53 am

dostoevsky wrote:Barcelona shouldn't rush into a cheap or quick fix option, however the Chygrynskiy transfer has made them very wary about investing too much into someone they are unsure will adapt to Barcelona. It wouldn't excuse wasting funds on someone who can't realistically be a partner of Pique for years to come.

In before someone suggests that it's possible Thiago Silva will leave Milan.

There is a certain catalan at Arsenal , his name is Ignasi Miquel. Well not this one... he hates Barcelona.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:04 am

:lol!: Cahill please they should go back for Botia.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:16 am

[quote="Sepi"][quote="cyberman"]Someone like Cahill would be great at Barca.
Hes motivated, not quick but not slow, physical while good on the ball. Plus hes 1 year left and will be cheap and isnt cup tied in Jan.[/quote]

Cahill couldn't cope with pressure of FA Cup Semi and got owned by Jonathan Walters....can't see him handling the pressure of Barcelona tbh[/quote]
Piques last season at Utd saw him owned in the Carling Cup and genuinely embarassed in the reserves

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:28 am

cyberman wrote:Someone like Cahill would be great at Barca.

i more or less agree with Cyber and I dont know why again he gets neg repped but I doubt he cares anyway.

On this Cyber, I agree that this is the sort of player we need and this is the sort of signing Pep could make.

I think if he watched the game over again, he will see just how bad Busquets was there. It wasnt jus, Pato owned him, he has none of the attributes for the defensive side of the centerback role.

However, he wont spend big. So like he did with Afellay, if someone came along with 6 months left and at a knockdown price because of that, he would do it I beleieve after tonights and the weekends evidence with Busquets got owned in the air for a goal and Fontas showed he aint up to it.

The problem is Cahill is English and plays for Bolton. I am not sure how much Pep knows about him, I am not sure if he would be intrested. Its just rare to see Englishmen leaving England, I think even coaches dont think about it.

If it makes sense, I could never see him in a Barca shirt even if he has the quality for it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:37 am

Because Cahill is English makes Cahill a no lose buy.
Look at Owen, barely played at Madrid but due to his age and EPL experience, an EPL club broke the bank to sign him. No way would Madrid expect that fee when selling a 3rd choice striker in an open market.
Sign Cahill for peanuts in Jan and a profit is guaranteed when Spurs etc come knocking.
Thats if he doesnt work out

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:46 am

Cahill is nowhere near good enough for Barca as he is mid table CB at best.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:52 am

Arquitecto wrote:Cahill is nowhere near good enough for Barca as he is mid table CB at best.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:16 am

hilarious
Barca are playing midfielders as CBs yet a talented young CB in Cahill isnt good enough ffs
England readily produce great CBs, ir seems to be a trait of ours. I bet if Cahill had exactly the same talent, was called Cahillio and played in Italy 20 years ago, Arq would have a 2 pge essay on how great he was.
No offence Arq but you seem to have a snobbery about English football. Even Rooney at his best irks you.
I dont understand it.

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:37 am

cyberman wrote:hilarious
Barca are playing midfielders as CBs yet a talented young CB in Cahill isnt good enough ffs
England readily produce great CBs, ir seems to be a trait of ours. I bet if Cahill had exactly the same talent, was called Cahillio and played in Italy 20 years ago, Arq would have a 2 pge essay on how great he was.
No offence Arq but you seem to have a snobbery about English football. Even Rooney at his best irks you.
I dont understand it.

Cyber, don't get me wrong, I think Cahill is good, but at times I feel he has been exposed all to many times in his defense as you would know this threw the United game with some rookie mistakes.

English football? A myth about me as I have repeatedly praised (even aside from Liverpool) the likes of Scholes, Cleverley, Jones, Smalling, Henderson, Sturridge, McEacheran, Pogba, Wilshere (who I feel is better then Gotze) and even Jack Rodwell.

See my thoughts and processes of England's squad future as you will be surprised.

I simply said Cahill isn't good enough for Barca as he isn't even good enough for United. Maybe later on in his prime. But his mistakes are all to often. More of concentration lapses IMO. Red even feels the same way as we both did not really want him.

Rooney? Have you not seen my praise for him? I simply feel he is not a quintessential #10 but more of a false #9.

I'm the one who defended him in the World Cup lol.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:40 am

Rodwell? He was hyped from FM and turned into another Adu.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:55 am

Botia ? If we guardiola wants to buy a CB, i think he is the best option..
- he is gd on the ball, gd physically.. performed well with spain u21 in the summer & got a call for NT
- Cheap, i read somewhere that we still has a buyback option, will cost us less than 5M (not sure)
- he came from our academy ( La Masia)
- played 2 years in La Liga with Gijon ( have some experience)
-----------------

one of the reasons i don't want a CB: Chyg (25M), Caceres (16M), Henrique (14M) all flopped @ Barca.. i don't want us to spend big again on another Cb who could flop again.. anyone has a specific/realistic name? (note: T.Silva or Sakho are very expensive & their clubs won't sell)
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:16 am

Botia is realistic plus you have a buy back clause for him.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:02 pm

They should buy hummles.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:23 pm

Thing is Barca dont need a talent like Hummels......

They need an experienced, proven CB with ball playing abilities that can play when Pique is'nt there....

I have no problem with Mascherano aslong as Pique is there beside him, but as Pique is'nt there atm the lack of a ball playing CB is obvious....

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:25 pm

They should play Busquets more there ... he's an amazing defender (2goals cough cough ) . And he can dive when required . :coffee:
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:26 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Thing is Barca dont need a talent like Hummels......

They need an experienced, proven CB with ball playing abilities that can play when Pique is'nt there....

I have no problem with Mascherano aslong as Pique is there beside him, but as Pique is'nt there atm the lack of a ball playing CB is obvious....

Hummels can be that defender though. I'm sure you've seen some of the long balls he's played out of the back for Dortmund. Beautiful stuff.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next