El Chelsea Fuerte
REWB
I-no
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Iceman
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Van Persie+Sneijder vs San Marino - Page 3 Empty Re: Van Persie+Sneijder vs San Marino

Post by Omega Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:45 pm

To be honest if VP manages to get his shit together he is a great player. Sneijder is the best CAM in the world & a fully fit Robben is the best player in the world(atleast to me).

Van Persie-Sneijder-Robben looks sick to me. Whoever will play CF will be damn lucky. I will put it on record that we will put atleast 2 past Germany seeing Austria score 2. I expect us to beat Germany on Nov. 15,2011. I would be very amused to see the reaction of people here after that.

Omega
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Van Persie+Sneijder vs San Marino - Page 3 Empty Re: Van Persie+Sneijder vs San Marino

Post by Omega Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:48 pm

Iceman wrote:2-3 sitters in 1 game? No, that's not true. Not true at all.

Absolutely TRUE. I follow Holland Much more than you. Unlike you I did not google out highlights of the match to see Van persie playing.

I watched the whole Holland-San Marino match,even a San Marino match.Anyways he did not miss 2-3 sitters every game. More like 1 sitter plus 1 half chance or so. Some games no sitters 2-3 half chances. But there was 1 game in the group stage where I remember him missing 2 or 3 goals WHICH MOST Top Forwards would have scored.

Omega
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:50 pm

RedOranje wrote:I write RvP's WC performance off due to being played when unfit (was carrying an injury) and (somewhat) out of position. As I said, he seems much more confident as a SS rather than as a CF, where he was played at the WC.

I agree. I also add a little bit of selfishness for Sneijder and a little bit from Robben too. Both looked to shoot before passing for me.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Omega Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:53 pm

The Franchise wrote:
RedOranje wrote:I write RvP's WC performance off due to being played when unfit (was carrying an injury) and (somewhat) out of position. As I said, he seems much more confident as a SS rather than as a CF, where he was played at the WC.

I agree. I also add a little bit of selfishness for Sneijder and a little bit from Robben too. Both looked to shoot before passing for me.

Weird isn't it??? I dont remember A single Robben game where he could have passed & did not. As it is he played 3-4 games barely & did his bit. So many excuses for Robin Van Persie missing dozens of goals in a World Cup.

Omega
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:00 pm

I pretty much agree with everyone but Omega here lol. You were watching different matches mate.

Also, I wasn't looking up highlights. I am subscribed to these people on Youtube.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:03 pm

Omega wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Weird isn't it??? I dont remember A single Robben game where he could have passed & did not. As it is he played 3-4 games barely & did his bit. So many excuses for Robin Van Persie missing dozens of goals in a World Cup.

Why would i make excuses? Am I an Arsenal fan?

I am just saying what I saw. Also intresting you dont deny Snijeder was selfish though.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:06 pm

I would also like somone to remind me what were all these chances missed. I remember RVP missing a few, but I dont remember dozens like Omega seems to be claiming.

The chances RVP did miss, of course you have to fault him for. But I felt that RVP not being involved in the game enough was a much bigger problem then him missing chances.

Also about mised chances, its funny. When you dont get the ball for long periods of the game, when a chance does come your way, you tend to rush it because you havent touched it in so long and dont know when you will again.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Omega Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:15 pm

The Franchise wrote:I would also like somone to remind me what were all these chances missed. I remember RVP missing a few, but I dont remember dozens like Omega seems to be claiming.

The chances RVP did miss, of course you have to fault him for. But I felt that RVP not being involved in the game enough was a much bigger problem then him missing chances.

Also about mised chances, its funny. When you dont get the ball for long periods of the game, when a chance does come your way, you tend to rush it because you havent touched it in so long and dont know when you will again.

Actually he was definitely involved with the game.He was involved as Klose was for Germany or Torres was for Germany. He missed dozens or more than that. The Japa or Cameroon match he missed 2-3 or 4 chances. I dont remember which but it was one group stage match. Add to it every other match he missed atleast 1 decent chances which he should have converted.

Every player of our was involved with attack. If someone does not score it their inefficiency.

Omega
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Omega Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:19 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Omega wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

I am just saying what I saw. Also intresting you dont deny Snijeder was selfish though.

Sneijder is not selfish. He does like to shoot sometimes but he can also score fantastic goals from long ranges or his shots result in tap-in's for strikers.

Anyways Sneijder is a complete CAM, I fail to find any major fault in him. Robben is quite a bit selfish though but so is Christiano Ronaldo & many other geniuses. When you have incredible football talent sometimes you have to have faith in your abilities & try some audacious attempts. Unless you have some misses you wont score. Robben justifies his selfishness with talent though,doesnt mess up too many chances.

Omega
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:21 pm

Omega wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I would also like somone to remind me what were all these chances missed. I remember RVP missing a few, but I dont remember dozens like Omega seems to be claiming.

Actually he was definitely involved with the game.He was involved as Klose was for Germany or Torres was for Germany. He missed dozens or more than that. The Japa or Cameroon match he missed 2-3 or 4 chances. I dont remember which but it was one group stage match. Add to it every other match he missed atleast 1 decent chances which he should have converted.

Every player of our was involved with attack. If someone does not score it their inefficiency.

Thats great, but RVP isnt Klose or OTorres...he isnt a number 9, he cant just make decoy runs off the ball and finish off chances. He doesnt do those things and expecting him to, your bound to have issues. So no, for the type of player RVP is, he wasnt nearly involved in the game enough

And these chances, I hardly recall. Maybe some video evidence would be nice if anyone is bothered to look it up (i am not lol).

As I said, he isnt Klose or Torres, not his game. He involved enough and thus, my previous posts last paragraph applied here.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Omega Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:23 pm

BTW I fail to find 1 SINGLE DEDICATED Holland fan in these forums. There was not a single thread in the match day thread nor did anyone post anything related to the game apart from that Holland won 11-0 & A or B or C scored the goals.

Very dissapointed. If any true Holland fan would have watched it the first guy he/she would praise would be KEVIN STROOTMAN. INCREDIBLE TALENT,can play,pass & is probably one of the quickest DM I have seen.

VERY shocked & very pleasantly surprised. So was Wijnaldum,I always rated him as the BEST PURE RAW TALENT in Holland after Robben & was very dissapointed to see him show no signs of talent. But the boy has talent & came in the 85th minute & scored on the 90th minute in his debut game. Plus a few decent touches as well.

Omega
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:27 pm

Omega wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
Omega wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Sneijder is not selfish. He does like to shoot sometimes but he can also score fantastic goals from long ranges or his shots result in tap-in's for strikers.

Anyways Sneijder is a complete CAM, I fail to find any major fault in him. Robben is quite a bit selfish though but so is Christiano Ronaldo & many other geniuses. When you have incredible football talent sometimes you have to have faith in your abilities & try some audacious attempts. Unless you have some misses you wont score. Robben justifies his selfishness with talent though,doesnt mess up too many chances.

I disagree, he is somewhat selfish. He is a number 10, I think strikers are used to that player looking to play final passes more often then he does. It worked nice for Inter, because they often played on the counter attack and he had to mix his game up to make it work. But when he has free reign, he shoots a bit too much for my liking. For a number 10.

You mentioned guys like Torres and Klose, well they played with Ozil, Xavi, Iniesta and Cesc.. Guys who look to pass before shooting. Big difference.

I am not saying Robben being selfish is always bad for the team, hardly. As you said, because of it he can do wonderful things. However, with that, RVP is a player who likes the ball at his feet too and likes to make things happen. So that goes to explain why RVP in my view 1. didnt get enough of the ball and 2. When he did rushed it.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Omega Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:28 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Omega wrote:

Thats great, but RVP isnt Klose or OTorres...he isnt a number 9, he cant just make decoy runs off the ball and finish off chances. He doesnt do those things and expecting him to, your bound to have issues. So no, for the type of player RVP is, he wasnt nearly involved in the game enough

And these chances, I hardly recall. Maybe some video evidence would be nice if anyone is bothered to look it up (i am not lol).

As I said, he isnt Klose or Torres, not his game. He involved enough and thus, my previous posts last paragraph applied here.

I already searched it. Sadly Youtube does not have a collection for misses. Maybe I will have to go through the extended highlights of each of those matches & collect them & post them here. IT WILL TAKE TIME.

Actually Van Persie does prefer to play as No. 9,specially for Holland. Wether he likes it or not he plays that very position for Arsenal as well.Klose & Torres are actually technical gifted players. Torres has loadz of speed,is a great dribbler & can pass. Klose is not a penalty box striker like Gomez. He is very fast,more so for his age, has the ability to create space for other attackers & can make good passes as well.

I dont think we will agree on this. I as a Holland fan saw van Persie as involved as a No. 9 should be & saw him miss many chances.

Omega
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:33 pm

Omega wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
Omega wrote:

I already searched it. Sadly Youtube does not have a collection for misses. Maybe I will have to go through the extended highlights of each of those matches & collect them & post them here. IT WILL TAKE TIME.

Actually Van Persie does prefer to play as No. 9,specially for Holland. Wether he likes it or not he plays that very position for Arsenal as well.Klose & Torres are actually technical gifted players. Torres has loadz of speed,is a great dribbler & can pass. Klose is not a penalty box striker like Gomez. He is very fast,more so for his age, has the ability to create space for other attackers & can make good passes as well.

I dont think we will agree on this. I as a Holland fan saw van Persie as involved as a No. 9 should be & saw him miss many chances.

Hey, I understand how long it probably is. If you dont want to take that time, no problem here. I just dont remember RVP missing loads of chances.

RVP likes to play 9? I dont know what he likes or doesnt, but he doesnt have the game of a number 9. I know very well what Torres and Klose do, they are very different to what RVP is. If RVP enjoys playing the 9, it sure doesnt show, because he plays far better when a striker is in front of him.

You say as RVP was involved as a 9 should be, I dont agree or dissagree with that. I just say he isnt a number 9 and therefore for someone like him, not involved enough.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Omega Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:33 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Omega wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
Omega wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

I disagree, he is somewhat selfish. He is a number 10, I think strikers are used to that player looking to play final passes more often then he does. It worked nice for Inter, because they often played on the counter attack and he had to mix his game up to make it work. But when he has free reign, he shoots a bit too much for my liking. For a number 10.

You mentioned guys like Torres and Klose, well they played with Ozil, Xavi, Iniesta and Cesc.. Guys who look to pass before shooting. Big difference.

I am not saying Robben being selfish is always bad for the team, hardly. As you said, because of it he can do wonderful things. However, with that, RVP is a player who likes the ball at his feet too and likes to make things happen. So that goes to explain why RVP in my view 1. didnt get enough of the ball and 2. When he did rushed it.

I think you have a fair point as well & you have your view of thinking. My problem is RVP is not a CF & he played badly. Huntelaar for example has very & I mean VERY little talent but is a fantastic finisher & has amazing positional sense,a penalty box type of striker. For example in the Cameroon match when Robben's shot hit the post Hunter was there to tap it in from a narrow angle. RVP does not get into those spaces,falls down far too often. This is not 4-4-2 & Holland are not Arsenal. We need a CF who plays as a CENTER FORWARD not one who always wants the ball at his feet.

In those cases with RVP not playing at his best & missing chances it was even more important for Sneijder to score & shoot. Otherwise we would have had trouble going into the final in the first place because VDV is not a horrible winger,Kuyt has very little talent & VP was not scoring. OUR 2 DM's barely attacked,

Sneijder had to attack. You could see with Robben coming in he could play those killer passes more. Now with Van PErsie besides him & Hunter as a PROPER No. 9 Sneijder can actually make those killer passes.

Omega
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:39 pm

Omega has that cocky presence you have when you first sign up lol, he'll grow out of it
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Omega Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:39 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Omega wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
Omega wrote:

Hey, I understand how long it probably is. If you dont want to take that time, no problem here. I just dont remember RVP missing loads of chances.

RVP likes to play 9? I dont know what he likes or doesnt, but he doesnt have the game of a number 9. I know very well what Torres and Klose do, they are very different to what RVP is. If RVP enjoys playing the 9, it sure doesnt show, because he plays far better when a striker is in front of him.

You say as RVP was involved as a 9 should be, I dont agree or dissagree with that. I just say he isnt a number 9 and therefore for someone like him, not involved enough.

I COMPLETELT AGREE WITH YOU. If you would read my earlier posts & I have been saying this for years VAN PERSIE is not a No. 9. He is actually a 2nd striker in a 4-4-2 or in 4-2-3-1 as a (VERY ATTACKING WINGER) doubling up as a 2nd striker.

There are 3 reasons behind him playing as No. 9 -

1 - He plays in that position for Arsenal.
2 - There are many fantastic young talents in Holland for that midfield SPOT & after 2-3 years if Elia & Afellay mature & grow then he would have a tough competition retaining his spot. Add to it there are no GREAT strikers for Holland & VP has no competition. Hunter is the only good scorer we have.
3 - He knows Sneijder & Robben will play if fit. There is only 1 available spot for which he wants his best buddy Van Der Vaart to play. He had to make cheap & pathetic statements like Kuyt does not have the talent to play in Holland 11 & VDV should play.

It was a very low class statement before the World Cup. Kuyt has very little talent,even a kid knows but it was none of VP's business to make such statement before the World Cup.

Last edited by Omega on Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Omega
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:40 pm

Yes, I without question agree with your first paragraph. Nothing to add there.

Would Snijeder pass more if it was someone else other then RVP was playing the 9 and making the movements of a 9? Who knows.

But my general feeling on Snijeder is, he shoots just a little too much whoever is playing.

He of course is capable and plays passes, no question about that. But I question if how often he does which, for me, its not like Ozil, Iniesta, Xavi, Silva and so on and so on, other midfielders who play in the final 1/3.

I dont know if selfish is the right word, he has a great shot with both feet and it would be silly for him not to use it. But at times, maybe he overdoes it. At least for me.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Omega Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:40 pm

ali8775 wrote:Omega has that cocky presence you have when you first sign up lol, he'll grow out of it

This is not my 1st profile in here.

Omega
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Omega Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:45 pm

The Franchise wrote:Yes, I without question agree with your first paragraph. Nothing to add there.

Would Snijeder pass more if it was someone else other then RVP was playing the 9 and making the movements of a 9? Who knows.

But my general feeling on Snijeder is, he shoots just a little too much whoever is playing.

He of course is capable and plays passes, no question about that. But I question if how often he does which, for me, its not like Ozil, Iniesta, Xavi, Silva and so on and so on, other midfielders who play in the final 1/3.

I dont know if selfish is the right word, he has a great shot with both feet and it would be silly for him not to use it. But at times, maybe he overdoes it. At least for me.

Iniesta is not a CAM at the moment in my book. Neither is Xavi who is playing much deeper. Silva is playing more like a wide forward or he a few weeks back.I remember Mancini's love for DM's & the 4-3-3. Ozil is a true CAM. We all have our views. You have a fair argument as do I.

I like Ozil as well. Real Madrid has a different style of playing as do Germany with much short passes. Unfortunately for Holland our DM's were barely involved in attack. De Jong DOES NOT HOW to play football. I guess with Strootman & VP-Robben & Hunter as No. 9 you will see more passes & less hots from Sneijder.

Sneijder actually barely took any shots & was just happy setting VP & Hunter. I think having a true No. 9 might cause the change.

Omega
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:46 pm

Omega wrote:
ali8775 wrote:Omega has that cocky presence you have when you first sign up lol, he'll grow out of it

Is that so?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Omega Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:48 pm

RedOranje wrote:
Omega wrote:

Is that so?

I guess. I dont like to create new profiles but when stupid mods ban me I have no choice. The reason I say Stupid is no warned him prior or mentioned any reason for a ban.

Omega
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:49 pm

Omega wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Yes, I without question agree with your first paragraph. Nothing to add there.

Iniesta is not a CAM at the moment in my book. Neither is Xavi who is playing much deeper. Silva is playing more like a wide forward or he a few weeks back.I remember Mancini's love for DM's & the 4-3-3. Ozil is a true CAM. We all have our views. You have a fair argument as do I.

I like Ozil as well. Real Madrid has a different style of playing as do Germany with much short passes. Unfortunately for Holland our DM's were barely involved in attack. De Jong DOES NOT HOW to play football. I guess with Strootman & VP-Robben & Hunter as No. 9 you will see more passes & less hots from Sneijder.

Sneijder actually barely took any shots & was just happy setting VP & Hunter. I think having a true No. 9 might cause the change.

No, neither are CAMS. But like them, they both play final passes and get in the final third to make that decision.

Silva may play wide on paper, but when he plays, he is everywhere and often plays the final pass.

As for your last sentance, lets see.

edit : Pointless post seeing as now, you will be banned.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Delta Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:57 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Omega wrote:

Shouldn't there have been a warning system??? Who created these horrible RULES??? Calling mods stupid causes a ban??? IS this kindergarden???

No, neither are CAMS. But like them, they both play final passes and get in the final third to make that decision.

Silva may play wide on paper, but when he plays, he is everywhere and often plays the final pass.

As for your last sentance, lets see.

edit : Pointless post seeing as now, you will be banned.

Delta
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:12 pm

Why did Omega get banned? lol i just notice that.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3