Gil
S
OLpower
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Miralem Pjanic to AS Roma - Page 2 Empty Re: Miralem Pjanic to AS Roma

Post by Gil Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:41 pm

L'Equipe reporting that Le Havre & France under-20 captain (& ex-AVFC target) Gueida Fofana on his way to sign a four-year deal at Lyon.

Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:42 pm

Hasn't Pjanic stagnated in his development? or is that just me?
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:43 pm

I hope this happens ... I want to see Roma back Very Happy
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:44 pm

Gil wrote:L'Equipe reporting that Le Havre & France under-20 captain (& ex-AVFC target) Gueida Fofana on his way to sign a four-year deal at Lyon.

I know and this is so bad. We *bleep* up this transfert window horribly
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:45 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:Hasn't Pjanic stagnated in his development? or is that just me?

He was good 2 seasons ago, bad last year because benched for Gourcuff then looked great this season with our new coach.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:47 pm

Great purchase by Roma!! Damn steppin' up last day.
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:48 pm

So who do you guys have now.

Pjanic, Bojan, Lamela. Who else?
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:50 pm

OLpower wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:Hasn't Pjanic stagnated in his development? or is that just me?

He was good 2 seasons ago, bad last year because benched for Gourcuff then looked great this season with our new coach.

Big mistake from Lyon, great move by Roma.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:55 pm

Nobody would pay Gourcuff's salary or pay anything for his transfer at this point dude... Lyon is stuck with him and Aulas knows that. Unfortunately for the club, they couldn't keep both because of playing time and financial issues. As bad as it sucks, this was the only decision to make once the club was unable to sell Cissokho and Bastos.

Lyon is completely handcuffed for a while here.

The good news is that the youth academy has soooooo many very good players coming up. I think Lyon will be fine regardless of Aulas' mistakes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:56 pm

And that's the big thing to remember... there's a lot of great talent coming through the Lyon youth that need to play in the next year or two. So maybe the decision was that they should give one of the kids a chance over Pjanic if Gourcuff doesn't work out.

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:02 pm

sportsczy wrote:And that's the big thing to remember... there's a lot of great talent coming through the Lyon youth that need to play in the next year or two. So maybe the decision was that they should give one of the kids a chance over Pjanic if Gourcuff doesn't work out.

A lot of great talents? Who? Our youngs are way overrated. Outside of Lacazette I don't see any of them as future starters for us. Reale maybe, but he is loaned out in ligue 2. Grenier is ok but very far from Pjanic level. And he is injured too.

Belfodil, Tafer and Sidy Koné are barely national level. Novillo is loaned out in ligue 2 too.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:11 pm

OLpower wrote:
sportsczy wrote:And that's the big thing to remember... there's a lot of great talent coming through the Lyon youth that need to play in the next year or two. So maybe the decision was that they should give one of the kids a chance over Pjanic if Gourcuff doesn't work out.

A lot of great talents? Who? Our youngs are way overrated. Outside of Lacazette I don't see any of them as future starters for us. Reale maybe, but he is loaned out in ligue 2. Grenier is ok but very far from Pjanic level. And he is injured too.

Belfodil, Tafer and Sidy Koné are barely national level. Novillo is loaned out in ligue 2 too.

Not really.... Gonalons and Benzia are just a couple that also come to mind. Grenier is only 20 and has a lot of upside. And you mentioned Lacazette.

There's talent there. And Lyon was unable to sell Cissokho and Bastos, which really forced them to make sales they didn't want.

I don't like this deal; but i get it.

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:16 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:So who do you guys have now.

Pjanic, Bojan, Lamela. Who else?

Jose Angel, Nego, Kjaer, Gago and Osvaldo
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:18 pm

sportsczy wrote:
OLpower wrote:

Not really.... Gonalons and Benzia are just a couple that also come to mind. Grenier is only 20 and has a lot of upside. And you mentioned Lacazette.

There's talent there. And Lyon was unable to sell Cissokho and Bastos, which really forced them to make sales they didn't want.

I don't like this deal; but i get it.

Gonalons is not a youngster anymore and will easily start as we have no other DM. Benzia is a kid and his goal for the season is to enter the CFA team. Grenier does not posses half the talent of Pjanic.

Really there are no logic. Pjanic was not on big wages and his price tag would only have increased with a great season. No logic. If anything we should have sold Gourcuff who is useless, worth more than Pjanic and paid like a king.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:24 pm

Nobody wanted to buy Gourcuff, Santos or Cissokho... that was the problem. Club needed cash and the only player that was able to get a decent transfer fee was Pjanic.

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:25 pm

sportsczy wrote:Nobody wanted to buy Gourcuff, Santos or Cissokho... that was the problem. Club needed cash and the only player that was able to get a decent transfer fee was Pjanic.

But why getting 10 millions? No logic since we are not buying anyone.

We were ready to offer 10 millions for NDinga so we definitely are not in need of this money. This was just ridiclous.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:29 pm

OLpower wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Nobody wanted to buy Gourcuff, Santos or Cissokho... that was the problem. Club needed cash and the only player that was able to get a decent transfer fee was Pjanic.

We were ready to offer 10 millions for NDinga so we definitely are not in need of this money. This was just ridiclous.

Aulas' job is dependent on Gourcuff doing well maybe and Pjanic was headed to the bench.

Hopefully, Gourcuff comes back strong. He's not the only one that sucked because of Puel's tactics. With Lissandro hurt and Pjanic gone, a lot will depend on him. When is he playing again?

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:31 pm

sportsczy wrote:
OLpower wrote:

Aulas' job is dependent on Gourcuff doing well maybe and Pjanic was headed to the bench.

Hopefully, Gourcuff comes back strong. He's not the only one that sucked because of Puel's tactics. With Lissandro hurt and Pjanic gone, a lot will depend on him. When is he playing again?

Never who knows? He is like a ghost now. He is supposed to come back in the group in three weeks, but only if he does not broke his nails again.

I don't understand your sentence about Aulas job. He could easily kick Gourcuff out if he wanted to.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:32 pm

OLpower wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
OLpower wrote:

Never who knows? He is like a ghost now. He is supposed to come back in the group in three weeks, but only if he does not broke his nails again.

I don't understand your sentence about Aulas job. He could easily kick Gourcuff out if he wanted to.

Club is strapped for cash and stuck in bad contracts... isn't Aulas going to get a lot of pressure if some of his signing don't work out? I guess i'm looking at how things work in Madrid and i shouldn't lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:36 pm

There is a Ligue 1 section for such discussions, guys.

Please take your conversation there.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:36 pm

sportsczy wrote:
OLpower wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
OLpower wrote:

Club is strapped for cash and stuck in bad contracts... isn't Aulas going to get a lot of pressure if some of his signing don't work out? I guess i'm looking at how things work in Madrid and i shouldn't lol.

Pressure by who? He is the main owner, and the second main owner is totally with him. He does what he wants.

We have pressured Aulas during two full years before he decided to sack Puel after having resisted all we tried.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:43 pm

McLewis wrote:There is a Ligue 1 section for such discussions, guys.

Ligue 1 section is empty. That was a terrible idea to create it. All the leagues forum are empty.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:51 pm

OLpower wrote:

Ligue 1 section is empty. That was a terrible idea to create it. All the leagues forum are empty.

It was requested and so we made it. It's up to you guys to use it.

The Gourcuff discussion belongs there and not in this thread.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:55 pm

McLewis wrote:
OLpower wrote:

It was requested and so we made it. It's up to you guys to use it.

The Gourcuff discussion belongs there and not in this thread.

I posted like more than 50% of the message in this section and I think I am done trying to make it live and will let it die alone except for one topic.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:27 pm

I guess all the EPL threads should be moved to the "EPL section" too. Same goes with La Liga and Serie A discussions.

Ridiculous.

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:07 pm

It's quite simple, guys.

This thread is about Pjanic's move to Roma and you two derailed it about Gourcuff. I stepped in and politely asked for the conversation to moved to a more appropriate setting. If you don't want discuss it in the Ligue 1 section, then make another thread about it here in the Gen Section. I really don't care just as long as it's not in THIS thread.

Good grief.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next