Tomwin Lannister
diego28ribas
vanharouva
Keyzar
cool_wirya
Luca
13 posters

Go down

Moggi Not Impressed with Juventus Buys Empty Moggi Not Impressed with Juventus Buys

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:55 pm

Luciano Moggi believes Juventus are not ready to undertake any title challenge this season because they failed to buy top-level players during the transfer window.

Players like Arturo Vidal, Andrea Pirlo, Emanuele Giaccherini, Mirko Vucinic, Reto Ziegler, and Stephan Lichtsteiner all arrived this summer.

But Moggi, a former transfer director at the club who landed Zinedine Zidane in 1996, believes those who arrived this year may not be good enough to mount a Scudetto fight.

"No phenomenal players arrived and so they will not win the league this year," Moggi wrote in his Tuttomercatoweb.com column.

"However, they did well to bring in the wingers they needed. It's a shame their quality is not of Juventus."

Juventus were set to play Udinese on Sunday night, but all fixtures in Serie A have been called off this weekend following the failure between the players' union (AIC) and league of clubs (Lega) to agree on a new collective contract.

Back to top Go down

Moggi Not Impressed with Juventus Buys Empty Re: Moggi Not Impressed with Juventus Buys

Post by Luca Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:37 pm

Well he is right but winning the title isn't really the aim.
They haven't brought in "phenomenal players" but they have definitely built a capable squad, capable of making the top 3 with a little luck.

Also it lists players like Licht/Pirlo/Vucinic/Vidal as players brought in but Moggi has praised all these moves.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Moggi Not Impressed with Juventus Buys Empty Re: Moggi Not Impressed with Juventus Buys

Post by cool_wirya Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:42 pm

i smell bruno alves and malouda Smile , if marotta pull this then i will be satisfied with this transfer window and sure moggi too
cool_wirya
cool_wirya
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:44 pm

Bruno Alves for Bonucci, no thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:45 pm

sciacca wrote:Bruno Alves for Bonucci, no thanks

Agreed
Lugano and sell a bunch of wantaways in my opinion

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by cool_wirya Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:48 pm

i dont think they will put bonucci in the deal , they want pepe too
cool_wirya
cool_wirya
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Keyzar Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:56 pm

sciacca wrote:Luciano Moggi believes Juventus are not ready to undertake any title challenge this season because they failed to buy top-level players during the transfer window.

Players like Arturo Vidal, Andrea Pirlo, Emanuele Giaccherini, Mirko Vucinic, Reto Ziegler, and Stephan Lichtsteiner all arrived this summer.

But Moggi, a former transfer director at the club who landed Zinedine Zidane in 1996, believes those who arrived this year may not be good enough to mount a Scudetto fight.

"No phenomenal players arrived and so they will not win the league this year," Moggi wrote in his Tuttomercatoweb.com column.

"However, they did well to bring in the wingers they needed. It's a shame their quality is not of Juventus."

Juventus were set to play Udinese on Sunday night, but all fixtures in Serie A have been called off this weekend following the failure between the players' union (AIC) and league of clubs (Lega) to agree on a new collective contract.

I agree with every word said by the legend :coffee:
Keyzar
Keyzar
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by vanharouva Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:59 pm

Keyzar wrote:
sciacca wrote:Luciano Moggi believes Juventus are not ready to undertake any title challenge this season because they failed to buy top-level players during the transfer window.

I agree with every word said by the legend :coffee:

"Arrived"? Maybe we should stop posting Moggis quotes since he is pushing 80 and clearly thinks the mercato is closed.
vanharouva
vanharouva
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by diego28ribas Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:57 pm

Surprise surprise.

I agree with him, but he just depresses me
diego28ribas
diego28ribas
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:41 am

He's being a bit harsh for a man who complimented many of our buys.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:44 am

never saw so many childlish reactions in one place ( no offense )
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by diego28ribas Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:54 am

DeviAngel wrote:never saw so many childlish reactions in one place ( no offense )
Shocked Sad

Though I'm not sure you're referring to me included :p
diego28ribas
diego28ribas
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by eddy Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:01 am

i cant say anything about moggi he says whatever he likes its fine.this summer marrota did well instead of last summer that he was a piece of joke.

time and resaults will show us.
eddy
eddy
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:02 am

DeviAngel wrote:never saw so many childlish reactions in one place ( no offense )

What childish posts?

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:34 pm

http://www.goal.com/en/scores/transfer-zone

Here you go Moggi. Now.. Pick the players you think are "phenomenal" and we'll see if it would be great. Oh wait.. Remember you need at least 2 fullbacks, a CM and a striker. Go fish

:lol!:
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by KIFFLO Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:42 pm

Tired of this wanker old man. Every time same rant, Even goal.com predicted he would say exactly this in their comical article
KIFFLO
KIFFLO
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:44 pm

KIFFLO wrote:Tired of this wanker old man. Every time same rant, Even goal.com predicted he would say exactly this in their comical article

+1
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:49 pm

Moggi, when your ban is lifted, that's when I'll care about your opinion again. Until then, you should spend your time apologizing to Juve fans rather than criticizing the current management.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:50 pm

Juventude wrote:Moggi, when your ban is lifted, that's when I'll care about your opinion again. Until then, you should spend your time apologizing to Juve fans rather than criticizing the current management.

HE IS BANNED FOR LIFE FYI
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:51 pm

salmano9 wrote:
Juventude wrote:Moggi, when your ban is lifted, that's when I'll care about your opinion again. Until then, you should spend your time apologizing to Juve fans rather than criticizing the current management.

HE IS BANNED FOR LIFE FYI

I'm aware. It was meant to be a joke.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by pasquale22 Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:35 am

Wat do u mean? Bonucci must stay I agree sciacca
pasquale22
pasquale22
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum