OFFICIAL: Barcelona vs Villareal On Monday!

+18
bazinga
windkick
Swanhends
JAY-Z
The Franchise
messixaviesta
BarcaKizz
DV7
barcaholic
ChollaVille
Ganso
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Albiceleste
billy_gr
Barca2211
sagnik92
BarrileteCosmico
Khaled
22 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

OFFICIAL: Barcelona vs Villareal On Monday! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Barcelona vs Villareal On Monday!

Post by messixaviesta Mon 29 Aug 2011, 05:52

windkick wrote:quick question

so the UEFA Super Cup (defeat FC Porto), and Super Copa de Espana (defeat R. Madrid)..that counts for this seasons feats....not lasts correct?

So we are already 2 trophies in to another sixtuple?

Yes we do. Smile

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: Barcelona vs Villareal On Monday! - Page 3 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Barcelona vs Villareal On Monday!

Post by messixaviesta Mon 29 Aug 2011, 05:59

I want to say something that I have said before but would like to spell out very clearly now.

No matter what happens this season I won't criticize Pep. Since it was his decision not to buy a CB, I won't protest against it. In the past he has done things that I just didn't think were possible but he showed me otherwise. Two examples would be replacing Yaya Toure with Sergio Busquets and showing that we are still as good and perhaps even better off and then showing that Mascherano could work well as CB. Hence I will now not put it past him to prove that you can play midfielders as defenders as and when you want. Smile Even if the plan fails I don't mind much given all that he has achieved so far. After last season I feel a lot of contentment. Yes I still want to win more but if things go wrong I will be much less bitter. I intend to make this a season in which I can enjoy everything with a cooler mind. It seems as if we have nothing to lose. We are already unquestionably one of the best teams of all time. If we win one more UCL with the same group of players and coach then I think it will be time to call us quite simply the best team of all time. With success that was so far beyond contemplation having already been achieved in a little more than three years, there is just no cause for complaint at all.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon 29 Aug 2011, 06:09

messixaviesta wrote:
windkick wrote:quick question

so the UEFA Super Cup (defeat FC Porto), and Super Copa de Espana (defeat R. Madrid)..that counts for this seasons feats....not lasts correct?

So we are already 2 trophies in to another sixtuple?

Yes we do. Smile

So thats 2 down, is there only 6 trophies we can win in a season (liga, copa del rey, supercopa de espana, uefa super cup, champions league, club world cup)? Some one told me there is 8....what are the other 2 (obviously the Audi Cup doesnt count towards our talley, does it?)
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon 29 Aug 2011, 07:14

messixaviesta wrote:I want to say something that I have said before but would like to spell out very clearly now.

No matter what happens this season I won't criticize Pep. Since it was his decision not to buy a CB, I won't protest against it. In the past he has done things that I just didn't think were possible but he showed me otherwise. Two examples would be replacing Yaya Toure with Sergio Busquets and showing that we are still as good and perhaps even better off and then showing that Mascherano could work well as CB. Hence I will now not put it past him to prove that you can play midfielders as defenders as and when you want. Smile Even if the plan fails I don't mind much given all that he has achieved so far. After last season I feel a lot of contentment. Yes I still want to win more but if things go wrong I will be much less bitter. I intend to make this a season in which I can enjoy everything with a cooler mind. It seems as if we have nothing to lose. We are already unquestionably one of the best teams of all time. If we win one more UCL with the same group of players and coach then I think it will be time to call us quite simply the best team of all time. With success that was so far beyond contemplation having already been achieved in a little more than three years, there is just no cause for complaint at all.
great post, I agree completely, although I think for me this team has to retain the UCL to be apart of the best teams of all time

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon 29 Aug 2011, 10:06

The good news is that Puyol and Pique will be back for the Milan game
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon 29 Aug 2011, 10:08

Ordinho10 wrote:The good news is that Puyol and Pique will be back for the Milan game
Is that official? Very Happy Very Happy

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Mon 29 Aug 2011, 10:22

Almost Very Happy
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon 29 Aug 2011, 10:32

If we can have our two starting CBs for Milan that would be excellent

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon 29 Aug 2011, 12:33

windkick wrote:
So thats 2 down, is there only 6 trophies we can win in a season (liga, copa del rey, supercopa de espana, uefa super cup, champions league, club world cup)? Some one told me there is 8....what are the other 2 (obviously the Audi Cup doesnt count towards our talley, does it?)

Of course the Audi Cup does not count. The full total is six no matter what anyone may have said. Two down. Four to go.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon 29 Aug 2011, 12:39

Lionel Messi wrote:
great post, I agree completely, although I think for me this team has to retain the UCL to be apart of the best teams of all time

Thanks man.

Retaining UCL? It's not happened since the European Cup was renamed to UCL. The last team to retain the European Cup were Ariggo Sachchi's Milan and they are largely considered one of the best club teams of all time. I think we should already be considered better than them. We have won equal number of UCLs as them and more number of league titles. We have also won doubles and trebles of the kind they didn't win. The only club teams we can still be considered behind I suppose are Di Stefano's Real Madrid and Cruyff's Ajax. If we win one more UCL then I think we should be considered even better than them and simply the best of all time. That's because the Di Stefano era cannot be considered as competitive as the latter eras. As for Cruyff's Ajax their dominance lasted for three years while ours would in this case extend to a fourth year or more.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Mon 29 Aug 2011, 13:28

Tw Puyol (to Pique): "Many thanks, I hope we can retire together. How many years do you have left? 3-4???" [@carles5puyol]

lol Smile
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Mon 29 Aug 2011, 13:57

Training Report (Monday Morning 29/8/2011):
- 4 B-players took part in this morning's training session: Bartra, Jonathan dos Santos, Sergi Roberto and Cuenca
- Injured players Afellay, Pique and Adriano still recovering!

http://www.fcbarcelona.cat/web/catala/noticies/futbol/temporada11-12/08/28/n110829107904.html
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon 29 Aug 2011, 14:58

Sport's predicted line-up:

OFFICIAL: Barcelona vs Villareal On Monday! - Page 3 1314564744721
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon 29 Aug 2011, 15:02

I usually refrain from such statements but I’m really optimistic about tonight’s game.
Smile
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon 29 Aug 2011, 16:26

Technically theres still time for us to concede 4 vs Villareal,score five and win the game,Pep to realize his mistake,sell Fab to City for 50 mil and spend the money on a world class CB in the dying seconds of the transfer window.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon 29 Aug 2011, 16:37

So you still haven't warmed to Fab Alex? I think he's a good addition. It wasn't entirely necessary, but now we have him we should support him. He'll add a lot to the squad.

As for the game, not sure why Montoya was allowed to play if they knew they'd need another fullback... this is the perfect opportunity for him to get a game. I thought that was the idea.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Mon 29 Aug 2011, 16:38

@alex

not gonna happen, espescially with the start Cesc has had in our team.

We DO need a CB though....I hope masch and Abi/Busi could hold us down for this week's game but i have a good feeling we're gonna concede Sad
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon 29 Aug 2011, 17:33

alexjanosik wrote:Technically theres still time for us to concede 4 vs Villareal,score five and win the game,Pep to realize his mistake,sell Fab to City for 50 mil and spend the money on a world class CB in the dying seconds of the transfer window.

Firstly :lol!: You sometimes really lighten the mood with your outrageous statements.

More seriously I don't think the problem is money. Consider this for example. Bruno Alves is available for a not so high fee. There must be others as well. We can buy a CB easily if we want. However Pep does not want to buy one. Why? One reason is that if I were to read between lines from what Pep has said in the past it seems he feels that CB is the hardest position at which to adapt at Barcelona for a player taken from outside. Then again dani made this very valid counter-claim that Pep made all the wrong buys instead of going for experience and quality like Lucio and B.Alves for example. The other reason which may sound fanciful is that as part of his tactical innovations of every season Pep seems determined to prove that midfielders, especially holding midfielders like Mascherano and Busquets, can serve very well as CBs. One last minor reason could be that Pep wants a small very united squad in which everyone including Keita and Mascherano play a major part. I hope Cruyff writes something about this matter. Unfortunately I haven't seen a Cruyff's corner for some time. How well this will work is anyone's guess but as I said before there is hardly anything I now put past Pep to prove or make work. Ultimately someone as brilliant and successful as Pep will do everything in his own way. There will be quite a few times when we won't agree with him. At times he will prove us wrong and at times he will be proved wrong. It's all part of the whole game.

Last edited by messixaviesta on Mon 29 Aug 2011, 17:41; edited 1 time in total

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 29 Aug 2011, 17:39

alexjanosik wrote:Technically theres still time for us to concede 4 vs Villareal,score five and win the game,Pep to realize his mistake,sell Fab to City for 50 mil and spend the money on a world class CB in the dying seconds of the transfer window.

cheers

I agree whole heartedly with Alex make it happen Pep Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon 29 Aug 2011, 17:43

I don't know the name of this individual yet but I think as a Barcelona fan he has represented all of us very well in this article.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2011/08/29/2641348/barcelona-fanview-lionel-messi-the-difference-real-madrids

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon 29 Aug 2011, 19:16

BarcaKizz wrote:So you still haven't warmed to Fab Alex? I think he's a good addition. It wasn't entirely necessary, but now we have him we should support him. He'll add a lot to the squad.

As for the game, not sure why Montoya was allowed to play if they knew they'd need another fullback... this is the perfect opportunity for him to get a game. I thought that was the idea.

As much as I hate to say it (cause I still don't like Fab)...Kizz is right. Nothing we can do now but hope he's sold next year for 50 million Smile no but now that we have him, I'll support him and hope he can do his best for barca cause as much as I don't like Fab, he's a great player and can certainly do very well in our team. And what's best for Barca currently is what I want.

What's best for Barca IMO was to never get him, as you said Kizz, not entirely necessary. But we have him and I can't change that. So might as well support it. I believe in Pep.

On today's game...I'm scared for our defense. I still think we'll win, but it won't be convincingly, and it will be a jittery nervous game for me. Although I could be totally wrong, and I really hope i am.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Mon 29 Aug 2011, 20:14

hahahahahah WTF Guatdiolaaa Smile

Official Line-up: Valdés, Fàbregas, Iniesta, Alexis, Messi, Thiago, Mascherano, Keita, Sergio, Pedro & Abidal

Barça bench: Pinto, Xavi, Villa, Fontàs, J.Dos Santos, Sergi Roberto & Bartra

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Mon 29 Aug 2011, 20:16

^WHAT???!!??!?!?!.... all out attack??????
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Mon 29 Aug 2011, 20:19

Valdes
Alexis - Masch - Busq - Abidal
Thiago - Kieta - Cesc
Pedro Messi Iniesta

???
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Mon 29 Aug 2011, 20:27

Khaledbarca wrote:Valdes
Alexis - Masch - Busq - Abidal
Thiago - Kieta - Cesc
Pedro Messi Iniesta

???

Alexis a RB...interesting...I think he is playing a 3 man backline masch-busq-abidal
3-1-3-3

Masch----Busq----Abidal
---------Keita-----------
Thiago---Cesc-----Iniesta
Alexis-----Messi-----Pedro

Can do real damage...but I think we could let in a few with this as well
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon 29 Aug 2011, 20:33

what the phuck???
if we actually win this one I'm gonna buy a Pep t-shirt.

crazy line up is crazy
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next