OFFICIAL: Barcelona vs Villareal On Monday!

+18
bazinga
windkick
Swanhends
JAY-Z
The Franchise
messixaviesta
BarcaKizz
DV7
barcaholic
ChollaVille
Ganso
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Albiceleste
billy_gr
Barca2211
sagnik92
BarrileteCosmico
Khaled
22 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

OFFICIAL: Barcelona vs Villareal On Monday! - Page 4 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Barcelona vs Villareal On Monday!

Post by billy_gr Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:33 pm

what the phuck???
if we actually win this one I'm gonna buy a Pep t-shirt.

crazy line up is crazy

billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: Barcelona vs Villareal On Monday! - Page 4 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Barcelona vs Villareal On Monday!

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:56 pm

Anyone in the lobby?
http://thebarcaforum.webs.com/chatlobby.htm
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:55 pm

Barcelona 2 - 0 Villareal HT
Goals: ThiagO 25' & Fabregas 45' (assist by Messi )

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:51 pm

After 4 official games (2 SSC, 1 ESC, 1 La Liga)

OFFICIAL: Barcelona vs Villareal On Monday! - Page 4 37f9b4f8538419cf8df432063666b745
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:57 pm

Wow. Thank you team. Ethereal football. A treat for the eyes and the heart. Is Pep trying to show that who needs defenders if you can keep the ball that well and pass it around at will? Imagine what could happen if Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas and Thago take to the pitch together. Another big plus this season is that we now have so many goal scorers to see to it that dominance in possession does not go waste. Thiago - man of the match. The kid of course has immense potential. I hope we can give him enough minutes this season so that he considers himself an integral part of this team without any question. We just have to avoid playing him deeper. If we can play him as far up the pitch as possible with experienced players beside and behind him then he should be fine even in the biggest of matches.

Last edited by messixaviesta on Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:58 pm

Great game, thoroughly enjoyed it, Pep is a genius.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:58 pm

messixaviesta wrote:Wow. Thank you team. Ethereal football. A treat for the eyes and the heart. Is Pep trying to show that who needs defenders if you can keep the ball that well and pass it around at will? Imagine what could happen if Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas and Thago take to the pitch together. Thiago - man of the match. The kid of course has immense potential. I hope we can give him enough minutes this season so that he considers himself an integral part of this team without any question. We just have to avoid playing him deeper. If we can play him as far up the pitch as possible with experienced players beside and behind him then he should be fine even in the biggest of matches.

Come to the Barca forum chat JD, we are discussing the game there....

http://thebarcaforum.webs.com/chatlobby.htm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:00 pm

billy_gr wrote:what the phuck???
if we actually win this one I'm gonna buy a Pep t-shirt.

crazy line up is crazy

fail on my side... Pep played 3-4-3 as we had agreed not 4-3-3 Cool
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:00 pm

Thanks mole but I will pass. I need to get up in less than five hours and go to office. Sad

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:02 pm

billy_gr wrote:
fail on my side... Pep played 3-4-3 as we had agreed not 4-3-3 Cool

I knew it was a 3-4-3 or even a 3-1-3-3 the minute the lineup was declared. Actually I have never really watched a team play a three man defense with close attention. Hence it was educational for me to get to see how such a system is played.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:04 pm

On a side note I know Villareal wasn't too much of a threat today but Keita looked again comfortable as a DM
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:08 pm

messixaviesta wrote:Thanks mole but I will pass. I need to get up in less than five hours and go to office. Sad

Ok iam sorry i have to go to bed reasonably soon and get up to work after 2 weeks off Sad

I will speak about the game tomorrow after work Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:12 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:Thanks mole but I will pass. I need to get up in less than five hours and go to office. Sad

Ok iam sorry i have to go to bed reasonably soon and get up to work after 2 weeks off Sad

I will speak about the game tomorrow after work Very Happy

damn. The previous Monday was my first day at the office after a 20 day vacation.
I know how it feels :cyclops:
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:53 am

The Franchise wrote:I hope Pep doesnt play JDS at rightback. He isnt good there and its not surprising given he is a midfielder. Dont understand that logic at all.

I am actually very much for 3 at the back, Villareal play with 2 strikers and no wingers, this is very much a game for it.

The Franchise wrote:OFFICIAL: Barcelona vs Villareal On Monday! - Page 4 205253_F_C__Barcelona

I would line up like this, leads to natural pressing and makes up for the lack of defenders.

The Franchise wrote:Agree.

We shouldnt be afriad of 3 at the back, not when the opponant played with 2 strikers. With our pressing and ball possession it can really be very effective.

Valencia beat Villareal 5-0 and got an away draw by changing to 3 at the back.

I am not one for tooting my own horn, but I saw 3 at the back as something that should happen, in fact I did feel it was by far the best choice.

My midfield wasnt spot on, we have a diamond shape with Thiago instead of Xavi but the principles were the same. Glad I was able to actually get something right.

In my opinion, every team that dares play with 2 strikers needs this same treatment and get punished for it with 3 at the back.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:56 am

Arrogant big head Razz

Typical Mod Very Happy

I must praise you for predicting this rep for Dani or is it The Franchise Suspect
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:59 am

so,alves a bench warmer from now on?
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:02 am

Ganso wrote:so,alves a bench warmer from now on?

Alves Pique Abidal
Busquets
Xavi Iniesta
Cesc
Sanchez Messi Villa

LOL Very Happy

I doubt they will use this formation all the time anyway unless as Dani said they face a 4-4-2 as it's easier to rape than with a 4-3-3 but 4-3-3 will be the formation used majority of the time i would guess.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:15 am

This was our stardard formation for last year. So, minimal changes...

-----Villa---- Pedro
---------Messi

----Iniesta-------Alves
Abidal-------Xavi

-------Busi
Puyol-----------Pique

------ Valdes
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:18 am

Nah, 3 at the back wont ever be our normal formation. Never underestimate the importance of the fullbacks, especially Alves.

Also, 90% of teams in La Liga play 4231...playing 3 at the back against that is terrible tactically.

The wings will get owned and we will have 3 centerbacks marking 1 striker.

As said, 3 at the back should only be used against 2 strikers, but it should be used near enough every time.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:20 am

meh,i think this formation was just used due the complete lack of defenders,Alves is much more important than Cesc imo

(sorry if this was obvious lol)
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:07 am

The Franchise wrote:
I am not one for tooting my own horn, but I saw 3 at the back as something that should happen, in fact I did feel it was by far the best choice.

My midfield wasnt spot on, we have a diamond shape with Thiago instead of Xavi but the principles were the same. Glad I was able to actually get something right.

In my opinion, every team that dares play with 2 strikers needs this same treatment and get punished for it with 3 at the back.

I had the same thought that your formation and tactics were nearly spot on with just two players different. The minute you suggested them I expected that would indeed be the way of approaching this match. I somehow don't think Pep still has enough confidence in Fontas. Hence three at the back seemed quite likely to me.

Just one minor doubt. I felt Keita was at the base of the diamond and Thiago at it's apex. Iniesta was on the left and Fabregas was on the right. They interchanged at times but most of the times it played out this way. Did you see it in some other way?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:12 am

The Franchise wrote:Nah, 3 at the back wont ever be our normal formation. Never underestimate the importance of the fullbacks, especially Alves.

Also, 90% of teams in La Liga play 4231...playing 3 at the back against that is terrible tactically.

The wings will get owned and we will have 3 centerbacks marking 1 striker.

As said, 3 at the back should only be used against 2 strikers, but it should be used near enough every time.

Once again a wonderful explanation. I suppose you are saying two strikers with no wingers. Against a conventional 4-4-2 with wingers, four at the back might still be the best.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:14 am

Here's a wonderful quote by Guillem Ballague.

How do you beat this amazing FCB? Mourinho feels it's not enough with on the pitch solutions.Btw, explaining his methods isnt defending them

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:35 am

My comments on this game:

1. Did Villareal have a tactic in this game? Looked like they tried to park the bus then when we scored they gave up. Really disappointing. I thought this game would be very close but they were horrible.

2. Villareal won't even make the top 6 this year at this rate. Unless they can make some great signings or something, Villareal are going to be left behind this year. Valencia, Sevilla, Atletico, Bilbao all consolidated in my opinion. I think Cazorla's role in that team was horribly underrated, as was Capdevila. When I watched them last year Capdevila was similar to Alves, safe at the back, but also one of their most important attackers. Borja Valero's nowhere near as good as that Borja fanboy makes him out to be, Senna's past it and while Cani and Bruno are pretty good players... they aren't stars and need a Cazorla type player.

3. Wtf is Zapata doing?? Great season last year, and actually wasn't too bad today. So why did he move almost sideways to Villareal? Did they promise him they'd further improve? They haven't. Moreover, he's moved to a team which already has plenty of decent CBs, he's a bit wasted at RB.

4. We played great, particularly in the 2nd half, but that was because Villareal put up the white flag. So much creativity.... It was fantastic to see all of Thiago, Cesc and Alexis on the field, even better to see them all score. The 3-4-3 stolen straight out of Cruyff's handbook was very effective and who says we can't use it again if absolutely needed? We lacked width which Alves and Adriano give us, but if we don't have them, this is a pretty good option. Great to see Pep seems to be considering tactical flexibility and rotation this year.

5. We will score a lot of goals this year... and a lot of players will score them. I wouldn't be surprised if Ronaldo wins Pichichi again, but Barca will score loads of goals AS A TEAM. We now have more goalscorers in our team. Fab and Thiago are both excellent goalscorers from midfield and with Alexis there too there could be as many as 6 players with more than 10 goals this year.

6. Thiago is an absolute joy to watch, is he not? His dribbling style makes me want to jizz... I know he plays for Spain, but the kid is so Brazilian its not funny. Beautiful samba in his hips as he dances around players like Ronaldinho and Deco used to do. Really cool how he makes me reminisce about these two players. While he may not be battle-hardened and experienced enough for a Clasico or a big UCL game, he's ready for anything else. An absolute gem, we have 3 new signings... not 2!
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:22 am

Yes kizz I share your thoughts on Villarreal. Cazorla would be missed I knew straight away but nice reminder about Capdevila. I do think like you that while the others have strengthened, Villarreal have weakened.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:26 am

Another quote - this time from Ten Action.

Question to Carlton Palmer - Why didn't Mourinho splash the cash this summer to try harder to bridge the quality gap with Barcelona?

Answer from Carlton Palmer - Mourinho knows that no matter how much money he gets to spend he cannot buy Messi, Xavi or Iniesta.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next