Mr Nick09
FalcaoPunch
The Madrid One
EarlyPrototype
Le Samourai
65 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

"Le nouveau phénomène". - Karim Benzema - Page 25 Empty Re: "Le nouveau phénomène". - Karim Benzema

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:16 pm

Castrol is purely statistical... And cr7 tends to shoot from everywhere lol, which makes some of his stats really bad. It also truly only rates strikers and goalkeepers, since they're stat hogs.

But nobody in their right mind would rate Benz higher than cr7

Back to top Go down

"Le nouveau phénomène". - Karim Benzema - Page 25 Empty Re: "Le nouveau phénomène". - Karim Benzema

Post by huntsman Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:18 pm

That's because Benz had been more influential to his club's results than CR7 was. Only Messi was more influential than Benz. Barca without Messi is like a bird with no feathers. Cant fly.

Last edited by huntsman on Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:18 pm

All this is saying is the benz is the seond best statistical player right now... Which is not that surprising. Doesn't rate how good a footballer he is.

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:19 pm

Zealous wrote:Do you think Benzema is the second best player in the world?

Answer yes or no.

No absolutely not but there is a difference between:

Do you personally think Benzema is the second best player in the world?

and

Is Benzema statistically the second best player in the world?

Two very different questions with very different answers.

Again I will repeat: personal opinion differs whereas numerical values do not.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:21 pm

He's been twice the man Pipa is.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:45 pm

And some

"Le nouveau phénomène". - Karim Benzema - Page 25 Cream%20Benzema

He's lost a few pounds since then LOL
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:47 pm

hrealmadrid wrote:

Answer yes or no.

and

Look Benzema isn't the second best in the world no matter which way you cut it.

He's doing great and is definitely very good ATM but even statistically speaking he isn't the best.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:50 pm

sportsczy wrote:"Le nouveau phénomène". - Karim Benzema - Page 25 Benztorsenu

Really lost a ton of weight and is cut up now. Good for him.

lol... yep. I also think that Pipita was in the top 5 castrol rankings when he was on fire in '09-'10. Again, it only looks at statistics.

It's amazing that CR7 is not second though. Just shows that he's not a very efficient player statistically... more of a volume guy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:52 pm

Z... he's been the third top scorer in Europe for all of 2011 behind CR7 and Messi. And he's a lot more efficient than CR7. So i'm not surprised at all that he's in the top 3 castrol rankings. I didn't expect him to be ahead of CR7 though.

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:10 pm

Zealous wrote:
hrealmadrid wrote:

Answer yes or no.

and

Look Benzema isn't the second best in the world no matter which way you cut it.

He's doing great and is definitely very good ATM but even statistically speaking he isn't the best.

But that's unfortunately where you're wrong. I'm only arguing with pure fact.

If you cut it in terms of statistics, Benzema IS the second best in the world as of recently. There's no doubt about that. Read what sports is saying about the statistical methodology and why it doesn't favor Ronaldo, because he's absolutely right. Just because you (and yes I agree, most people) don't agree with it doesn't take away its validity.

It's just a DIFFERENT way of looking at things. Not right, not wrong, just different. Whereas yours is opinion. I'm sure if I kept searching I would find someone who rates Benzema over Messi and as #1 in the world.

The whole point is that opinion is called opinion because it is personal, whereas statistical ratings are based on performance gathered data.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:43 pm

LOL

Ronaldo scored 53 goals last year. That's the only statistic you fuckin' need.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:09 pm

^^ I see someone is butthurt over nothing.

its just castrol rankings, nothing to be mad about.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:50 pm

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/en/1330064707814/noticia/Noticia/Benzema_tops_playing_time_ranking_at_Real_Madrid.htm

not aware of this. glad to see mou has confidence in the benz.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:01 am

Turok_TTZ wrote:http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/en/1330064707814/noticia/Noticia/Benzema_tops_playing_time_ranking_at_Real_Madrid.htm

not aware of this. glad to see mou has confidence in the benz.
I'm more surprised that Jese had most playing time from Castilla guys Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:16 am

I am very disappointed with Benzema today... more bad than good. Though I do appreciate his contribution to the team, starting the attack for the 1st goal, teamplay which led to a cr7 goal (forget which one) etc. I cannot ignore his surprising poor 1st touch, poor positioning, poor movement as time went by, played deep too long.

Though playing deep can be excused due to imo lack of decent service, everything else i am disappointed in. Benzema must work harder to ensure this does not happen again next match. Though I love that he can help in the build up attack and contribute to the attack greatly, Ultimately he must score.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:42 am

Benz left practice with the France NT early as he slightly twisted his ankle during training. Apparently, nothing serious at all and he was given the day of as a precautionary measure.

We'll see if he practices tomorrow. I hope they don't take chances with him if he has any kind of pain or swelling. Gameiro is perfectly capable.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:14 pm

sportsczy wrote:Benz left practice with the France NT early as he slightly twisted his ankle during training. Apparently, nothing serious at all and he was given the day of as a precautionary measure.

We'll see if he practices tomorrow. I hope they don't take chances with him if he has any kind of pain or swelling. Gameiro is perfectly capable.
wait so the there is a france vs albania match? ill have to make a karim benzema vs albania video then Smile
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:16 pm

Turok_TTZ wrote:I am very disappointed with Benzema today... more bad than good. Though I do appreciate his contribution to the team, starting the attack for the 1st goal, teamplay which led to a cr7 goal (forget which one) etc. I cannot ignore his surprising poor 1st touch, poor positioning, poor movement as time went by, played deep too long.

Though playing deep can be excused due to imo lack of decent service, everything else i am disappointed in. Benzema must work harder to ensure this does not happen again next match. Though I love that he can help in the build up attack and contribute to the attack greatly, Ultimately he must score.

I think he needs to come deeper to impact the game, he's never gonna be an elite poacher , he needs more touches and he needs to feel like a part of the attack so I would suggest he come deeper or go wide.He really needs to learn to pressure though, he seems willing to expend the energy but he needs to learn to be more effective.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:50 pm

ragbirjosh wrote:
I think he needs to come deeper to impact the game, he's never gonna be an elite poacher , he needs more touches and he needs to feel like a part of the attack so I would suggest he come deeper or go wide.He really needs to learn to pressure though, he seems willing to expend the energy but he needs to learn to be more effective.

scratch
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:05 pm

@nick I know I phrased it horribly soooo

>Benzema is working hard up front but his style of high pressure is much less effective than that of Di Maria. He needs to become more effective at pressuring opposition defenders , because right now he's just running across the pitch aimlessly.

>Because Ronaldo takes 20 shots a game , he does not get much service if he just waits in the box, meaning he is less involved. When he isn't involved his concentration lapses.

>To become more involved he should either come deeper or go wider.If he becomes more involved in link up play , I think is efficeny in front of goal will improve.I don't know , it might be stupid , but i think that sitting in the box waiting for service is really affecting his internsity and focus, and contibuting to his inability to finish effectively.

>
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:07 pm

you are talking about things he is already doing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:19 pm

I was responding to turok, he said ultimately benzema must score, I'm just saying I would prefer if he became more involved in link up play , because that will ultimately help him become more effective in front of goal.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:53 pm

But he's already doing it all the time... how could he do it more? scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:13 pm

Benzema has to score to maintain hes confidence, not to mention he would be in Mous "comfort" zone.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:15 pm

His goal per game efficiency just needs to be between 0.65 and 0.75. With CR7 out there, our CFs don't get a ton of opportunities.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:53 pm

Yea it's obvious that Mou has given goal scoring duty to Ronaldo. he's the most consistent striker we have atm
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next